pafp When I grow up... || guessing warrior names

Lakepaw.

Lookin' in the mirror I don't know my face
May 6, 2023
@sheepkit

[ ༻ ❊ ༺ ] Next moon they'll be apprentice, and yet... it only felt like yesterday that Lakekit was on awkward and wobbly legs learning the outside of the nursery and exploring the whole of camp, of course being there for the younger one's births too...so much had come and gone, and Lakekit had not been sure he was even ready to become a 'paw yet. With a soft sigh his fur brushed against Sheepkit who, he felt became a sort of shadow, wherever he had been Sheepkit was not far off, and the tom had grown accustomed to the other boy's company.

For a minute he sat in silence looking at his friend, Lakekit placing his head on his dusty paws while the tip of his tail swished a bit. "I think...Sheepcall or Sheepsong would be a well-suited warrior name for you, Sheepkit" he said lightly to his friend. They had several moons until they became a warrior yet, who's to say they couldn't dream about what their warrior names would be now? "or...hmm... Sheep....jump?" he tilted his head a bit. How did the leader come up with names in the first place was beyond his understanding, and yet he was sure if he asked Sunstar, he would say "Starclan chooses" once more...such mysteries...

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Lakekit AMAB, He/Him, Kit of Windclan, 5 moons.
    LH Rosette Lynx Minx with low white and bi-color eyes, blind in left eye
    NPC X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The young tom was laid on his back, charcoal dusted legs reached out into the air in a strange way to stretch. Splitting his dark jaws open to let out a yawn, he relaxes himself. Flopping onto his side, little dust clouds lifted up from his sudden movement. He was currently hanging out with his friend Lakekit outside the crowded nursery. He sits up onto his haunches, curling his plumed tail ear his paws.

Thoughts wondered to next moon, he'll become an apprentice soon enough with Lakekit. He's a little nervous, yup! He can't deny that, that he's almost a 'paw soon. He felt Lakekit's pelt brush against his, letting out a confused 'mrr?' Sheepkit turns his head over to his dusty colored friend, he tilted his head at the other. Large dark ear flicked to the side, as he listens to Lakekit ponder Sheepkit's, HIS warrior name. "Ooo, I like Sheepcall! A-and Sheepsong but also Sheepjump! I think it fits me perfectly." He bobs his head in a nod, as he starts rocking his body in place with a grin settled on his face.

"HMMM, Oh! I think Lakescale or Lake... uhh-" He pauses, he raises a dark paw to tap on his chin in thought, at what future warrior name fits Lakekit. He rotates his ears forward as he starts wagging his tail in excitement at the perfect names for his friend. "Lakewish! or.. ORRR Lakewhorl! I think Lakewish fits you." He really doesn't get the whole leader picking you're own name stuff. Now that he thinks about it.... whats the fun in that?!
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( NO WAY! REALLY?! ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPKIT.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 5 MOONS & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    kitten of windclan | clanborn
    undecided / single / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a longhaired black smoke with high white with blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, 8E7F7F" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like early morning dew & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

*+:。.。 Frightkit on the other hand was a whole three moons away from becoming an apprentice! Honestly, she didn't mind the wait. It meant she could spend more time with her new cousins, or nestles in the crook of her mamma's belly, all the while sheltered among the gorse rather than having to sleep out in the cold, open camp clearing. Though it wasn't awesome to lose Blizzardpaw and Spotpaw - Spotty's company especially missed. It wasn't fair she couldn't bother him with late-night questions and chats now that he slept outside!

But Lakekit and Sheepkit?
It'd be weird to have them go, but she couldn't say she wouldn't appreciate the legroom once they were gone. Besides, she'll find ways to drag Sheepkit into her adventures! And Lakekit would...also be there! Probably. Anyways -
While they were still her denmates, Frightkit would seek their entertainment value. Today was no exception as she came upon the boys theorizing future names. She grinned as she realized they were naming each other - what a fun conversation! "I think you'll be Lakeface, cus your markings look like a puddle " Frightkit begins, happily interrupting as she throws herself onto her belly before the two boys. Waving her tail while she ponders, she announces suddenly, "and you'll probably be Sheepbabble! " she giggles, waving a paw in the air, "obviously! "

Slapping her paws down, the girl leans forward, eerie white-blue eyes aglow as she purrs, "Now me! What would my name be? " She was partial to the name Frightnight - cus it sounded funny AND like her mom's! But she was sure her friends could come up with something just as cool!

• " Speech "
    GENERAL:
    Frightkit
    DFAB— She/Her — Unsure
    2 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Windclan Kit
    Sister to Deathkit, Witherkit, Grasskit, Whitekit and Midnightkit

COMBAT:
    Physically very easy | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #1b1e21
    injuries: None

Looking over at his denmate coming, he tilts his head at the name for Lakekit. Lakeface? He scrunches his nose a little in thought at the name, before looking down at his dusty colored friend with narrowed eyes. "Lakeface sounds funny." He decides with a firm nod. He stops his wagging tail, to sweep it across the ground behind him as he wiggles in place. Hard staying still! Sheepkit internally thought to himself.

"and you'll probably be Sheepbabble!"

Hearing Frightkit announce an idea for his warrior name. "Sheepbabble? Isn't that just annother word for song buuut verrry long? or am I being a bit silly about it..?" He tilts his head to the side in confusion. He hums at his bubbly thoughts in his little noggin, before rotating an ear at Frightkit's demand on naming her next. Hmmm. He flicks his tail, as he plants his charcoal dusted paws on the ground firmly opening his maw to speak his piece. "I think Frightstalker is a good name for you Frightkit! or FRIGHTMOON! Frightstalker is awesome name that fits you." He lets a wide grin spread his dark smoked face, nodding as he finishes his naming explanation to his silver spotted denmate.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( NO WAY! REALLY?! ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPKIT.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 5 MOONS & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    kitten of windclan | clanborn
    undecided / single / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a longhaired black smoke with high white with blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, 8E7F7F" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like early morning dew & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

AS HE RAISED HIS FIST BEFORE HE SPOKE — Watching kits chattering about their potential future names was always a unique experience for Rattleheart. Mainly because she had never done the same, having never held the title of Rattlekit when she was still stumbling over her own oversized paws. Her name at that age had been Silas, a far cry from the moniker that she currently wore - the name given to her by Sootstar, many moons ago when she and Scorchstreak had first joined Windclan. She had never resented the fact that she hadn't had those same experiences, but she had to admit she felt out of place whenever kits and apprentices got to their speculating. Though she possessed a fair bit of curiosity herself, wondering how Sunstar would take to being the one properly naming cats. He had already done it a couple of times, such as with Scorpionback, but it felt different when it was a Windclanner that had been living there since birth. Like there was more of a weight to it after so many moons spent living alongside them.

Eying the gathered trio of kits curiously, a faint chuckle of amusement left her when she heard Frightkit's suggestions - along with Sheepkit's response. "Admittedly, when I think of babble... I think of someone who talks a lot." Though she supposed that wasn't inaccurate for Sheepkit, or for any of the kits currently in the nursery really. They adored making sure that their opinions were heard, and she couldn't particularly blame them. Even if she did feel a bit bad for the queens that had to listen to it all. "What, none of you think you're going to become hearts too? I'm hurt, really. I think Frightheart would be a fine name." Rattleheart was teasing all of them, as demonstrated by the amused smirk that curled on her muzzle. She was certain it would be a bit confusing if they ended up with too many hearts in the clan, and there was already her and Redheart - not to mention Slateheart, too.

• 75034712_8183RsjuzqJmQXv.png
    longhaired black and white tom with pale green eyes
    50 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    afab; uses he/she/they pronouns
    homosexual homoromantic; mated to venomstrike
    sibling to scorchstreak, lizardbounce, and rabbitclaw
    currently mentoring downypaw
    somewhat difficult to befriend; wary but kind
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed
    all opinions are ic

[ ༻ ❊ ༺ ] Lakekit had to admit, Sheepkit's name ideas were nice, and he liked them. A soft not and a hum as he process through the ones that Sheepkit had stated the one he had liked the most had to of been, "I like Lakewish, but the others are just as good. You're really good at picking names" he complimented his friend, and then Frightkit came over, and suggested the name Lakeface to him which made him scrunch his nose slightly, that was a name he'd hope not to get. Next thing she would do was ask what her warrior name should be and he paused to think for a bit. Sheepkit suggested Frightmoon and Frightstalker, which was both great.

Next came Rattleheart who would ask why not 'heart and he lifted his head up to meet the lead warrior's face. "I think Sheepheart would work but... I don't know about Lakeheart... and, for you Fry, I'd of choose Frightjitter" he remarked gently, because she was always jumpy and jittery so it felt like it made sense to call her as such. "But, Rattleheart... if you had the chance to choose your name, would it of been Rattleheart or something else?" he asked curiously.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Lakekit AMAB, He/Him, Kit of Windclan, 5 moons.
    LH Rosette Lynx Minx with low white and bi-color eyes, blind in left eye
    NPC X NPC
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.