camp whisper, whisper, what was said? ღ game

It was a cloudy day with a barely there drizzle, and most of windclan was still restricted to the camp. It was a very noticeably slow day that seemed to just trickle along. Whitepaw, one of the few bored ones, her ears flicking at the casual droplets of rain as she considered what to do. Maybe a game? That could be fun to pass the time...
"Would anyone like to play a game?" The young albino asked softly, curling her tail around her dainty paws. When asked to, she elaborates. "It's called...Whisper! You would whisper a phrase to the cat beside you, and they have to repeat what they think they heard to whoever is beside them. Once we reach the last cat, they'll say out loud what the final phrase was, and whoever started can share what the phrase was at the beginning. And no repeating it! Whatever they believed they heard is what they have to pass along." She explained, her ears twitching repeatedly. She watched as those who decided to join picked a spot, a small smile on her face. However, at the suggestion she starts, she blinks in surprise and shifts slightly. "Okay... um." She thought for a moment before whispering to whoever was beside her. "I saw a snake hissing a song to the stars." After that, the soft-spoken molly went to observe all those who gathered.

// @BLUEPAW ping request! any response can come before! the game is much like telephone, so let's see how much the phrase gets changed shall we?
Hours alone make for boring times. come up with a group game to pass the time! Be creative– maybe it is something that could be passed on for generations through windclan's camp
[I'M BREATHING]

──⇌•〘 INFO A game without laughter or silliness is no game at all, so while Wolfsong hears the pale apprentice clearly (or so he imagines), he chooses to deliberately misrepresent the phrase. If they get to the last WindClanner and the phrase is exactly the same, that defeats the entertainment value, doesn't it? After a moment's consideration and a glance at the others who have decided to participate, a sly twinkle in his sole eye, his decision's made. It will have to be appropriate for the younger participants, of course, so when he leans over to murmur in his nearest clanmate's ear, he tries to keep it relatively tame. "I saw a RiverClan cat kissing a fish close-eyed under the stars," he whispers as lowly as his rasping voice can manage, deliberately keeping his consonants muddled.

Last edited:
Normally the black and white warrior would reject the idea of playing a game, but their chest is tight with anxiety and the game that Whitepaw proposes sounds like something that can take their mind off their worry. Gravelsnap takes a seat beside Wolfsong, and manages not to flinch away when he shifts closer. The golden-furred warrior turns to whisper into his ear, but it’s low and difficult to understand. Something about seeing a RiverClan cat— missing a fish? No, that wouldn’t make sense. Making a wish! At night, under the stars. That makes more sense, he supposed. He doesn’t really understand the point of this game.

Turning to face the nest cat in line, Gravelsnap grimaces at their proximity. Then they lean closer, setting their mouth near the other cat’s ear. Their voice is similar in tone to Wolfsong’s, quiet and somewhat muddled. "I saw a… RiverClan cat making a wish under the stars." They hope that it comes across in a way that makes sense, but with the low pitch of their voice it’s likely that some parts are lost.
[ DEATH OF A DREAM ]

Firefang wasn't one for games; that could be amounted for the most part to the sheer fact that many cats scattered the moment she came over to "join" by snapping and snarling rather then taking any care to enjoy her time with her peers. She's simmered only slightly, merely because most days she's just too tired by the time she's done with her usual duties to start shit anymore save for the occasional always persistent glare she just loved to give out arbitrarily. She joins now out of a sense of boredom and truly she can't say any cat already huddled so close really bothers her; save for Wolfsong who she's decided she hasn't forgiven she'll hold onto the petty slight he's made until she can come up with a tongue lashing that'd rival one of his own. She pointedly doesn't sit next to him favoring the side of Gravelsnap to serve as their border.

Her ears swivels when their muzzle points it's way and she looks at them dumbfounded at what exactly she thinks she's heard, a brow raising before she shakes her head and continues down the line moving to utter what she's heard in a whispered voice to the clanmate to her other side. ❝I saw a riverclan rat takin' a piss under some stars❞ it's unlikely her already grumbly voice could be heard much at all. Would it really matter though? ​
( )

Bluepaw has never been playful, and would often stare at her littermates as they pounced and imagined with bewildered frustration. Still, this game Whitepaw proposes seems like it needs little creativity. It's simply repeating what one hears to the next cat, right? The blue-pelted feline thinks she can handle such a thing. She sits neatly beside Firefang, tail curling around her ivory paws, ear pricked for the message.

She frowns as soon as she receives it. She gives Firefang a hesitant look -- had she truly heard right? After a moment, she turns to the next cat, her voice clearly uncertain, "I... I saw a RiverClan rat drinking piss from afar." The word sounds especially vulgar coming from her mouth, and she blinks as soon as she says it. What does that even mean? She makes a note to ask Sootstar about it.

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]

\╱╲I SEE A RED DOOR & I WANT IT PAINTED BLACK╱╲/
Small games like this were very much among Shadowpaw's idea of fun, so he moved to settle himself down with the others to make it clear that he wished to participate. He watched as each cat whispered to the next, the expressions being perhaps the funniest thing to witness out of the entire game. Though soon enough his own turn comes as Bluepaw turned to him to whisper into his ear. He strained to hear, but what he heard made his features distort into something of disgust and confusion.

Surely what he had heard hadn't been right! He forced down his feelings of offense before he turned to the next cat to whisper what he thought he had heard. "I saw a RiverClan cat drinking piss from a star."

NO COLOURS ANYMORE I WANT THEM TO TURN BLACK
╲╱╲╱╲╱

Juniperkit is hiding from Scorpionkit's antics when he hears Whitepaw announce her game idea. It sounds much more fun than sneaking around to avoid the heckling of his siblings. Casually, with the confidence of a much older cat, the tomkit finds a place in the circle. He tries his best to sit still, but the absurdity of the whispered silence draws a giggle from him despite his best efforts to remain stoic. Juniperkit is still struggling to compose himself by the time Shadowpaw leans over to whisper his message and most of the content is lost in the battle. "Riverclan Pisstar!" he exclaims, the giggles bubbling forth in full force. He doesn't really know what words he's repeating and he really doesn't know why he's laughing, but the whole game is so silly and he's so thrilled to be participating that he can't seem to keep it together.​

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette