private wind of change / roaringsun

HAWKSPINE

★ I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE
Oct 14, 2023
It's a bit exhilarating, sneaking out like this. First had been his little adventure with Spicepurr, and now he had escaped all the way to Fourtrees under the cover of darkness with Roaringsun. The thought of the Gathering being held here just a single sunset away makes his ears burn and his stomach tie itself into knots nervously, but that disconcerting feeling pales in comparison to the readiness at which he'd agreed to accompany Roaringsun here. The other tom's presence feels like sunlight, even though the night is dark, and Hawkspine is acutely aware of the ThunderClanner's presence at his side as they skid down the small descent into Fourtrees' clearing.

"I can't believe we're doing this," he purrs, breathless. He'd always been a well-behaved apprentice (partially because his mother had been his mentor and both parents had been very protective after Wolfpaw had vanished), but with a warrior's freedom he'd been able to sneak out not once but twice in the last moon to do his own thing. Apparently, that also included making a secret ThunderClan friend. Hawkspine sizes up one of the sturdier trees. Not the one that the leaders sat beneath - StarClan, he would never - but one close by, that would offer a similar view.

He passes the sun-furred tom a glance of lingering amusement, rearing back to test his claws in the bark. This would do, in lieu of the trees SkyClanner's youngest apprentices were able to scale with ease. "What made you wanna climb trees anyway?"

// @roaringsun

Last edited:
He had snuck out of camp, once. Back when he'd been a young apprentice, camp had become very suffocating fast — he'd wanted to explore, to experience the freedom he'd never gotten as a twoleg pet; yet he'd learned apprentices were not allowed to leave at all without the company of a warrior. The flame-point had only taken a few steps from the gorse tunnel when Softpaw had caught him.

Now, as a warrior, he had freedom to come and go as he pleased — not a night, but. . . The point stands. Roaringsun had company tonight, the SkyClanner Hawkspine. He had asked for climbing lessons from his friend, and had suggested they do it at Fourtrees for the neutral ground. Beneath the silverpelt, the two walked towards the gathering place, albeit this time much quieter and emptier than full-moon nights.

"Weeeeeell," His tail whisks behind him as he stands to place his forepaws against the bark. "When I first wandered into ThunderClan territory, a snake started chasing me. To run away I climbed up a tree and. . . Got stuck." He laughs, amber eyes staring up at the tree. SkyClanners were all about climbing so he thought they were the best to approach about lessons ( Stormywing was far too busy with her apprentices, too ).

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • ROARINGSUN —— warrior of thunderclan , mentor to none . npc x npc . littermate to npcs ✦ penned by nocthymia
    male / he/him / 13 moons & ages every 14ᵗʰ
    single / orientation & poly or mono / open/closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— combat details here / battle notes

"speech", 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord (hypmic) for plots — toyhouse
  • reference image here
    a longhaired flame sepia with low white and amber-brown eyes.

• Wow
Reactions: HAWKSPINE
"Oh no!" Hawkspine purrs, feeling slightly guilty for laughing at Roaringsun's misfortune. To be chased by a snake up a tree sounded absolutely terrifying! He shudders at the thought, faintly glad he's never encountered anything except the snakes that Johnnyflame brought to camp sometimes so that kits could learn how to bully them away from other cats. "I'm glad you got away from it, snakes are scary."

Without any warning the torbie jumps upwards, pulling himself up the tree with experienced ease. Oak trees are easier to climb, he notes with a thoughtful noise. The grooves in the bark are deeper, the slope of the ancient trunk a little softer and more forgiving. Its age also brings with it a couple of sturdy knots to perch atop, spots to catch one's breath on the way to a branch in earnest. Hawkspine stops at the lowest, a fox-length above Roaringsun's head, and blinks down at him with a faint glimmer of mischief.

"Before you come up here, you have to show me you can climb down yourself." He announces, crouching down as best he can to peer at the ThunderClanner. "Go a little bit up the trunk, enough that your paws aren't on the roots anymore. Then when you start to go down, move one paw at a time starting with your forepaw. Then a hind paw, then your other forepaw, and then your other back paw. Okay?"

Hey, it's fine! Looking back on it, it's kind of funny. He barks out a laugh, reassuring Hawkspine that it was fine to joke about it. Not the snake part. It'd have been real bad for me if Badgerstripe hadn't shown up when she had. She had saved his life, maybe he'd visit her and her kits in the nursery sometime soon. . .

The Skyclanner climbs the tree with such ease and speed that Roaringsun blinks and he's gone. The Thunderclanner raises his head and sunburnt gaze meets hazel, and he spots the mischievous glint within them. He matches the spark and lets his claws slip out. But he's stopped before he can climb for real, and instead needs to show he knows how to actually get down, first. The way he describes it is different from how Softsight had taught him, and he wants to do anything but look stupid right now.

Okay, okay. Yeah. I got it! He says, mostly to himself, a small pep-talk never hurt anyone. The warrior leaps, letting his claws dig into the bark and keep him from falling. It's not a big distance, but it still makes him nervous — not the falling, but rather the looking dumb aspect of it. Breathe in, breathe out. Roaringsun does as he's told; forepaw, hindpaw, forepaw, hindpaw, and then he's back on the ground. See, I did it! He beams, more than ready for the next lesson.

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. rolled a d20 and got 16. he doesn't failboy this one
  • ROARINGSUN —— warrior of thunderclan , mentor to none . npc x npc . littermate to npcs ✦ penned by nocthymia
    male / he/him / 13 moons & ages every 14ᵗʰ
    single / orientation & poly or mono / open/closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— combat details here / battle notes

speech, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord (hypmic) for plots — toyhouse
  • reference image here
    a longhaired flame sepia with low white and amber-brown eyes.