FELL THROUGH THE ICE // pre-gathering chatter

*+:。.。 Singepaw refused to be frightened by something as petty as a mass of writhing cats, especially not when this wasn't his first gathering. Although the apprentice usually kept to himself or with his mentor and siblings, tonight the tom decided to shake things up. Head high, he steps into the star-bleached clearing. The last time he was here, he'd been the deputy's apprentice and had watched his badass leader take a swipe at Sunstar. Tonight, he stood with an army of clan-mates, apprenticed to the head of Shadowclan himself, with a vow to be an example for Shadowclan's finest. "C'mon Smogmaw, when have I ever disappointed you?" he says with a smirk, but Smogstar has already padded off. "Some order that was - sTaY wItHiN mY sIgHt - dude's basically got an eagle's eye on us, I don't think we could avoid him now even if we tried. Plus, what are we, four?" he hisses @BLOODPAW , elbowing her playfully. Still, the boy looks back at his mentor as he joins the lineup of higher ups. Smogmaw was really good at playing the part of Calm™ and Chill™, but Singepaw could tell something was different. He seemed a lot more...Smoggy than usual. Maybe it's just first-night-as-the-commander-of-an-entire-community-of-cats-who's-lives-depend-on-you jitters?

Either way, Singepaw couldn't wait to boast to the first cat he saw that he was a leader's apprentice. "C'mon Bloodpaw! Let's not just hang around like crows with our heads cut off!" he purrs, swiping at Bloodpaw's ear with his tail before racing into the crowd to find the perfect entertainment.
The first two he comes across are a golden tabby and a chocolate-and-white apprentice. Psyching himself up with a quick shake of his pelt and setting off a firm jaw, Singepaw finally makes his way over. "Yo" shit did his voice just crack? Nope we're ignoring that, "Did you say you guys were playing a game? Lemmie join" he meows, stubbornly already sitting down beside the chocolate feline. If he asks for permission, they might reject him, so he'll bulldoze down any chance of that!.

Still, eager to be on his best behavior for Smogmaw's sake, Singepaw adds, "I'm Singepaw of Shadowclan, by the way. Uh - nice to meet you two" He sniffs the air, and wrinkles the bridge of his nose for a moment, "You're a Windclanner, huh?" he says, tone almost accusatory as he looks at Calendinepaw. He almost asks how'd our prey taste? Good, I hope? but quickly bites his tongue. Best. Behavior. Right.
Shaking the stress out of his fur, he adds, "That's ah - cool" before looking sideways at TeeVeepaw, "And you smell like Thunderclan...kinda - or are you a Skyclanner?"

• Interacting with @CELANDINEPAW and @Teeveepaw.

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    8 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowpaw, Sneezepaw)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Smogmaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack inbold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: none

*+:。.。 Frightpaw looks over the clearing with the same colored eyes as the heavy moon that teeters above them all. She's always been used to cats appearing out of thin air, but this is...something else. Trailing behind her clanmates, she arrives as one of the last of the Windclanners, pausing for a moment at the boundary between a spacious world and a this - an anthill that's been kicked over, spilling all it's little residents into one raucous cluster of bodies and voices. For a moment, she wonders if this is where everyone comes from before they join Windclan, prying themselves free from the mass in a desperate bid to reclaim their individuality. It is a childish thought, but one she plays with in her head as she takes the steps to follow her clanmates into the throughs of it all. I wonder which of you will be my new clanmate she thinks with glittering moon-drop eyes.

Her eyes take to a specific individual rather quickly, however. A cat made of fire and ice, a skunk that traded its shadow but not its iconic bleached stripe. Abandoning the rest of her clanmates without bothering to hear if Foxglare has anything to say to her, Frightpaw slinks deeper into the mass.

"I wonder what happened to Chilledstar " Frightpaw's voice is a friendly whisp of a playful breeze, soft and ticklish as she appears out of the dark to stand suddenly beside Shroudedpaw. Intense pale eyes stare at the tom with the unique coat, drinking in his nervous, guarded demeanor that seems so out of place on someone who looks so out of place. "I'm Frightpaw " she greets with an ivory smile, teeth catching the moonlight, before resuming listening in on the conversation between adults. Rattleheart was one of them, but her gaze didn't linger as long on him as it did the other two. A torbie woman whose green eyes didn't quite seem to focus and a dilute calico who appeared to be Shroudedpaw's guardian or his mentor.
Either way, to both @FORESTSHADE and @MOUSENOSE , Frightpaw would bow her head politely. "Hi, I hope it's okay that I'm listening in " she mews pleasantly, although she shoots Shroudedpaw a look. You really wanna stay and talk to a bunch of old guys? her smile and crescent-moon for pupils say, before a subtly tilt of her head pointing elsewhere added, We should go.

• Interacting with @shroudedpaw, Mentioning @FOXGLARE and @RATTLEHEART

• " Speech "
    GENERAL:
    Frightpaw
    DFAB— She/Her — Unsure
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Windclan apprentice
    Sister to Deatpaw, Witherpaw, Grasspaw, Whitepaw and Midnightpaw

COMBAT:
    Physically very easy | mentally mediocre
    Attack in bold #1b1e21
    injuries: None

• Love
Reactions: ixora
As Mousenose introduces the leaders, Shroudedpaw's eyes follow. Scarred Orangestar is named first, and he responds with a nonchalant shrug compliment on the marks of battle she wears. He isn't too interested in SkyClan so far - scared, rather, after the strange encounter on the border with cats that twitched and wore collars.

Sunstar, Lichenstar, Smogmaw - no Chilledstar tonight. The boy looks each leader in the face as they are named, albeit the details are fuzzy from this distance, but he's sure enough that he can remember them. A nod of gratitude is given Mousenose, before the two adults go back to their average conversation. Was this all warriors talked about during gatherings? Nursery and queens and prey? Shroudedpaw's eyes shift between the nearby cats, attempting to pick up bits of other conversations - but it's all so loud, he can't focus on just one.

Lost in concentration, the apprentice winces when a sociable new voice sounds alongside him. Another cat has joined him, barely bigger than himself. She is made of silver and charcoal, in a similar lighter coat pattern to himself, but stinks of WindClan. If Shroudedpaw's senses weren't already being barraged past recognition, he would've wrinkled his nose.

The apprentice introduces herself as 'Frightpaw', and suddenly Shroudedpaw's interest is piqued. He'd never heard a name so ghastly, so fearful. " I'm Shroudedpaw, " he answers, giving her a curious look. He wonders if, with a name like that, her parents didn't love her either. If she was born on a fateful night full of battle and blood, as he was born when the sun disappeared. Frightpaw gives him a look and cocks her head somewhere else, and Shroudedpaw turns his head to follow with round eyes, as if saying, out there? are you sure?

But, eventually, the boy gives in. He dips his chin and gives Mousenose a glance. " I'm ready to explore now, " he mumbles, remembering her invitation to stay close if he were too scared. I'm not scared, he decides defiantly upon seeing Frightpaw, a cat seemingly his age, wander up to strangers like it's nothing. Shroudedpaw rises to his paws and approaches Frightpaw at the side, signaling for her to lead the way. Perhaps he can learn more about her circumstances, too..

Illustration2.png
SHROUDEDPAW ( he/him )​

( ooc ) interacting with @Frightpaw @MOUSENOSE

Another gathering meant another moon passed.Although Ravenstrike had been chosen to attend, she rarely tried to come. Instead of socializing and attempting to be someone she was not, there were better things to do. The sight of her attending these was much like a red moon occurring, and she sat at the back lines as she watched her newly graduated apprentice. Typically, the nature of her appearance was enough to hinder others from approaching her, yet the sight of someone coming to her made her lip curl in disgust. Her gaze immediately lands on the collar around the larger feline's collar and there's an itching urge to rip it off and watch as they wretch, being stripped of their simple life.

The Maine Coon continues to introduce themselves as Florabreeze, which prompts a roll of her eyes. How ironic, they're too scared to let go of the kittypet names that they attach the suffix to them. ”Yes, not that you'd know anything about them.” Ravenstrike remarks as she never allows her gaze to fully meet the Skyclanner's gaze, and she gazes at her sharp curved claws and flexes them. They mention her scars and she audibly sighs that comes off stating, 'You're still here?'. A narrowed gaze meets Florabreeze's as she gives her a judgemental running gaze that goes up and down, ”I can see you don't have any, not that you'll ever have any.”

”Only loyal warriors will get scars that show their commitment to their clans, not that you'll ever know about that.” Ravenstrike states with a fake yawn, pretending to use a paw to cover the yawn. Kittypets were so disgusting, honestly. First, they infiltrated the clans and her home, and now they were openly allowed to come to gatherings. They wore collars that marked them as two-leg property and pretended to play warrior before returning to their nests where they were fed kibble and pampered like babies.

How disgusting.

// interacting with @Florabreeze

lichenstar-6-24-hs-png.1872

✦˚.✦˚✦˚✦˚ ✧ ˚✦˚✦˚✦.˚✦
  • The mention of Riverpaw yanks at a tender heart as if the body is not half-so-raw already... it is a surprise but a welcome one, knowing it means they've come further in their understanding of one another. There would be no more hiding their lost child... lost children now. It may feel horrible but it feels far worse to try to forget them as if they never were. "I'm sure he enjoys them.... from where-ever... he is now...."

The biting sting of a retort half formed is soothed by Willowroot's kindness, glanced at with a wayward smile to thank her for such support for their new deputy, even if Hazecloud loathed the fact she'd made that decision at all. It seems, at least, to have diverted her from being a complete thorn in the blue's side, shouldering through the crowd as she makes eye contact with a smattering of fur that must be familiar...

The pale ruffles of the she-cat they come to stand before are not dapplings of colors in any pattern she recognizes but there is a gentleness hidden behind arcing scars, a friendliness that Hazecloud is eager to cash in on. It is embarrassing to be introduced in such a manner, if only because each time she hears her name she becomes more and more aware of the weight that comes with it. Would it make her mate's friends more hesitant to speak with her? Would they grow more daunted in knowing her position, as soon as Lichenstar announced it tonight? It's hard to ignore the way Doeblaze's eyes travel her like they are exploring the marks of her failures but what else could the river queen except but a journey cat to find a journey to embark upon?

She shifts, uncomfortably, nervously, thinking to sit so she might make herself a smaller target for prying eyes to pick up on should others grow too curious for their own good as well. "Doeblaze... is a fine name...." It strikes her then that this might be the second cat to take on a name mimicking their former leader but she isn't wont to ask. "It's always... a treat... to meet Hazecloud's friends," she responds in kind, rain-water eyes glancing towards her mate in hopes she isn't so hungry to argue that she lays into her about Batwing now too.

The mention of a young 'Lionpaw' draws her ears forward to attention, wondering if there is a reason she names just the one and no others. "I hope he... doesn't find Horizonpaw," and though her tone sags with exhaustion, it isn't without humor to speak about their bountiful luck with their children. "Our son is... not much a talker..." He must get that from her, she admits with some distress.

"If only I were.... so lucky... to convince the clan... to hunt something... other than fish," the lynx point jests, shaking her head lightly, "The sun has yet... to sear our waters..."
  • about

speech hex code ✧ #6368A5

ooc notes ✦
    tagging ✶ @hazecloud @DOEBLAZE
    penned by tieirlys
  • ˚  ★⋆. ࿐࿔  ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     .

.     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .   ✦   .  .   ˚       ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  ˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ ★⋆. ࿐࿔

.     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ✦  

Howlfire had been attempting to step away when she realised she was face to face with Sootspot, but alas, the chimera tom placed himself in her way. Howlfire knows in her heart he has done it purposefully, making it awkward for her lest she tried to get away. Rather than giving him the satisfaction of having her retreat awkwardly, Howlfire meets his gaze evenly and decides to speak with him civlly.

"Truly?" She inclines her head in a questioning manner when he admits it was the first time he had been to a gathering in moons. Howlfire could not recall having seen him much at the gatherings, though she had not been looking for him either. "I can't say you have missed too much in honesty," Howlfire confessed. "It seemed most of the gatherings I have attended have ended with the leaders squabbling over one matter or the other. Though I'm sure all those squabbles pale in comparison to what happened last moon..." Howlfire had not been present but she had heard of the stories of what occurred, as Sootspot had, no doubt. Sootspot's next line of questioning leaves her a little uneasy, especially given the bad blood between their two clans, but Howlfire does as he requests and indulges his curiosity. "It was an adjustment to be sure. To me, Blazestar was irreplaceable," Howlfire mewed softly, feeling the familiar dull ache in her chest for her father. She wonders if Sootspot felt the same for his own mother, did he miss her and find her as irreplaceable as Howlfire found her own father? "Orangestar has proven herself strong and reliable, much like how she was as deputy, and I'm sure she will only further continue to prove herself as the moons go by." Truly, her father had chosen well. Amber eyes drift to where Sunstar sits. She's rather neutral to the WindClan leader, though finds him more palatable than his predecessor. "Sunstar and your clan appear to be faring well," Howlfire remarked. "After all the troubles your clan faced, it is a testament to your strength that you are still here. Sunstar has chosen well in his future successor and council members."

@SOOTSPOT

A debt, yes- it certainly was one, and Thundergleam glowed with her grin, rosy eyes blooming reverent. Yes, yes- it should be best that ThunderClan would never forget, and Thundergleam would ensure it- she would carry the momory if no one else did. Though she knew Howlingstar, at least, was a noble and caring soul who would hold the memory of Dawnglare's sacrifice, his time and energy spent on carving them a medic as wise and knowing as he, in the forefront of her mind.

Snowy lashes blinked, though- there was some twitch about his face. A wandering thought, perhaps. He laughed- Father's voice, it will be difficult for them to believe, weaved its way into her mind. Yes, yes- it always was quite shocking at first, wasn't it? Especially for a medicine cat, she would imagine ... it was not often that cats without healing paws were spoken to by the Stars. She supposed he had earned the right to know the Truth, though. "Well- my destiny awaits me still," she explained, and from within their sheaths her claws prickled a little. "But a prophecy from StarClan brought me to ThunderClan's borders, so that I may aid them." Earnestness glowed moonlight-pale in her eyes. Yes, she had not done as much as Dawnglare had... but one day, she would.

\ @DAWNGLARE
penned by pin ☾

She couldn’t help but blink in surprise at Ravenstrike’s remark, she follows the thunderclanners gaze with curiosity and watches her flex her paws in wonder. They were a bit sharp weren’t they? Was this a ThunderClan thing or just a her thing? She breezed past the subject of attending gatherings pretty quickly, which was fine because that was really just an ice breaker. If she wanted to solely remain on the subject of scars then Florabreeze can follow this precedent set. “I can’t say that I have any scars yet, no” she shakes her head with a shrug. To be honest she didn’t really want any but then again did anyone ever want to be maimed or scarred? Sure it’s a physical symbol that one had been through hardships but you didn’t really need anything physical to be reminded of such things.

Oh. So it’s a loyalty thing then? “I’m loyal to my clan, wouldn’t go every day if not” she beams at her, willfully ignoring any pettiness that may have come with Ravenstrikes replies. She was aware of ThunderClan’s opinions on kittypets were, at least what a portion of them thought, she liked to think that not everyone thought that way. Florabreeze was aware that she probably wouldn’t change any minds tonight but she wasn’t interested in participating in a vicious back and forth. She may be able to fix some misconceptions though, especially under peaceful grounds like this. “If you have any questions about how being a daylighter works I can answer them y’kno” grass hued eyes scan over the thunderclanners form once more, trying to see if any agitation was arising so she knew when to take her leave. “We do the same amount of work as everyone else in Skyclan does, the difference really is where we go at night” she comments with a nonchalant shrug. Not that she really thought that it mattered but it was something that she could sympathise with if outside clans didn’t get it.

After a pause she realized that while she had said what her name was this mysterious she-cat hadn’t done so in kind. “You never introduced yourself, I don’t bite” she winked with a laugh, who was she if not a little bit playful. It took a lot to upset the maine coon and she was far from reaching that point right now.

• @Ravenstrike
  • FLORABREEZE 𖧧 She/her, Daylight Warrior of SkyClan, 34 moons (ages on the 12th)
    A large black tabby maine coon with low white and bright green eyes, always wearing her mushroom print collar if she can.
    Mentored by Sorrelsong /Mentoring Jellypaw
    “Speech”, thoughts, attacking
    Penned by Juice ⏐ouijeejuice on discord {open to being dmed for plots}

A follow up question. He's been too confusing, hasn't said enough. And in that same respect she's said too much already, struck that horrible threshold between silence and not - silence. The options leave her with nothing but a shriveled explanation on her tongue, one that... surely... surely would be too much information for SkyClan? Or otherwise, strip the thunder of Death - declaration from Smog's maw. Would that be so bad? He doesn't really think so, but said Smog might disagree. Here he stands, met plainly with as literal of a brush off possible, caught between treason and unbearable awkwardness, gaping like a fish before a leader. Haha... nevermind? is an option. But it's a terrible one. One that would leave him lying awake in his nest, reflecting on the past four seasons of his life.

She doesn't even say hi, or like, it's fine; words that Sharpshadow would appreciate, but that a Leader certainly doesn't owe a sniveling thing like her. Fish eyes stare blankly a moment, and in the end she decides that the world won't end if Orangestar finds out a few moments earlier. That was her justification, yeah. A visible chill threatens her spine then, but she refuses to show it — how stupid would that look in this heat? " Chilledstar. " Dry. Not in the way that is blunt and cool like Orangestar is (Or like Orangestar would like him to think she is), but literally with a sandpaper tongue; taste buds lapping air. And the late Chilledstar deserved so much better than the wheeze of an explanation he gives Orangestar. " They're dead. "

They had lived long. Alongside Blazestar. ...Alongside Sootstar, but thinking about her feels like a thoughtcrime. " How'd you... " What, cope? Didn't that sound weak. " ...Figure it out? "

OOC: chatting w @Orangestar!

• Wow
Reactions: Orangestar
Oh— it strikes in full, the viper that is common soul thought not. Starless eyes thought blinding... Concern creases his voice, makes it sweet, " Oh — Oh dear... " Typically afforded bristling is left behind, for her eyes are light and her tone is genuine. A certain thankfulness that he finds terrible rare amongst her like has his heart swelling several sizes... The brightness of ones mind is not always to be quickly judged. Often, he finds himself disappointed by what he finds. So dearly does he look to protect this. Urgently, he reaches out with kindness and a corrective mew. He looks only to help. " Oh dear, " breathed again. " I fear delusion may have nasty talons in you, " shared like some deadly diagnosis – low and earnest.

He leers closer, and her eyes are sickly, stripped pink. The glint of his teeth could render her blind, he thinks. It would be a weak faith to invest in this one. Was even StarClan so foolish? Lately, he has found that there are places where divinity starts and ends... And certainly — there are many former fools among StarClan's ranks... Perhaps it is not so farfetched that they would whisper words to one like her. Perhaps they only seek to save her from her own unsightliness, hush promises of importance in exchange for her blight.

It could be quite dangerous to entertain, yes... And as he mulls over the possibility, his expression flickers. There gives a twitch of his face. A noncommittal gaze flies this way and that, eventually landing on pale eyes, once again. " Tell me, what destiny to you believe awaits you? " He does not hide his skepticism. " What... " The swallow of bile; the sharpening of blue eyes. " Hm — prophecy? "

The apprentice appears caught off guard that Marblepaw had approached him. Despite the heather scent that rolls from his pale pelt in waves, she has to admit he's just like any other cat in ShadowClan — and he's nice! She knows that WindClan is an enemy to her Clan, but the Gathering is for making friends, she reasons with herself.

"Nice to meet you, Grasspaw. I'm Marblepaw." She smiles and self-consciously licks a bit of wayward fur on her chest. "I never imagined there'd be so many cats here! And all the scents..." She wrinkles her nose. "The clearing must smell strange for days after the Gathering!" She tucks her tail around her paws, looking from Grasspaw to the cat who sticks close to his flank. She politely waits for an introduction.

• ooc: interacting with @Grasspaw and @MIDNIGHTPAW.
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

Reactions: Grasspaw
If Midnightpaw had realized that her brother begrudged being stuck with her all night, she would’ve been embarrassed, and probably a bit offended too. But she needed his support, now more than ever. At the best of times, she struggled with normal socialization, but this… this was another beast entirely. Her mind was unfocused and scattered, unable to get the sight of claws raking familiar grey fur, staining the moors beneath her paws with blood, precious blood that belonged to the only creature who ever cared for her… and here they were, not even a moon later, masquerading as if it were fun to be forced to engage with the enemy. Were they all the enemy? She didn’t know, but they were strange and unfamiliar and untrustworthy. In the end, it felt the same.

A lyrical voice suddenly pulled her from her miserable musings, dragging dull blue eyes from where they’d been trained on the ground to meet those of forest green. She blinked once, twice, trying to register the words that the other girl had just spoken to them. She appeared soft and gentle, but smelled strongly of marsh water and darkness. Shadowclan, she thought. She’d yet to venture to their neighboring border with Redheart, but she’d heard enough of the swamp-dwellers to know that scent could only come from one place. She tried to keep her nose from visibly wrinkling as Grasspaw stumbled over an introduction.

It was only after Marblepaw paused and stared at her once again that Midnight realized she was also expected to speak. She felt herself pressing subtly further into her brother’s side, but fought to keep her wide gaze from wavering. “I don’t like it,” she murmured quietly, but not unkindly. “Too many… faces. Too many voices.” Her head tilted slightly to the side as she summoned enough courage to openly study their new companion, her usually vacant expression shifting with the smallest hint of curiousity. “You seem… not bad, though.” The best attempt at a compliment she knew how to make. It was only then that she realized she hadn’t actually introduced herself, and the ebony apprentice ducked her head feebly. “Mm… Midnightpaw.”

• [ interacting with @MARBLEPAW and @Grasspaw ]
  • Esuqadl.png
    MIDNIGHTPAW
    she / her, apprentice of windclan, 6 moons
    short-hair black tabby with low-white, vitiligo and blue eyes. petite and fragile.
    hollowcreek x harbingermoon // littermate to whitepaw and grasspaw
    adopted by nightingalecry // adopted sister to frightpaw, witherpaw and deathpaw
    single, crushing on no one // currently mentored by redheart
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted // underline and tag when attacking.
    penned by limerence@limericks. on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Reactions: Grasspaw
It's the most perfect timing ever! Pinkshine immediately swivels toward the sound, the call of Pinkpaw so familiar that its easy to turn to and not correct right away. " Halfpaw! " with her biggest and best smile, she returns the greeting. Pinkshine returns the gesture with a rumbling purr and the curling hook shape of her tail. " I missed you! " she says, which ISN'T traitorous, because Halfpaw was WindClan for like um.... a... a little. She's an honorary WindClanner now, at least. They can be friends! Best friends, even!

She takes a step back to observe Halfpaw proper... Was she always taller than her? either way, it isn't very fair. She breathes a lighthearted huff. " Are you still Halfpaw? Are you Halfclaw now? " she proposes. " How funny of a name would that be? Would that mean all your claws are filed down, or that you have claws on your right foot, and not your left? Or maybe it'd mean, like: "It'd only take half a claw to end you?" " she proposes, lowering her voice into something as cool and gritty and serious as she could manage (Which is to say: not very) The hypothetical has a few moments to hang in the air before she's blinking. " Unless that is your name, then it's not silly at all and I'm sooo sorry! " That probably wasn't the case though, so she didn't have to sound too sorry, right?

A pause, and then she's suddenly remembering why hse's even asking. " I'm Pinkshine, by the way, " she mews suddenly. " I got my name early, " with a hint of pride, she adds. She hadn't even realized that till wayyy later!

WBPurrO.jpeg

When Pinkpaw turns that smile in her direction, she feels her heart stutter-stop. Sunlight breaking through the clouds, that is what the calico apprentice reminds her of. Like she had faced rainy day after rainy day and is only just now finally feeling the warmth of the sun on her bi-colored pelt. And its contagious, Halfpaw's own grin widens as she patiently waits for her friend to finish her spiel, remembering with a certain fondness how much Pinkpaw liked to ramble.

It is good, in a selfish way, to hear that she was missed by her too. Halfpaw thinks of the long moons stretched between them, how much they both must have changed. But underneath it all Pinkpaw is nearly exactly how she remembers, filled with joy, with energy, sunshine incarnate. "It's still Halfpaw" she confirms, albeit not without a twinge of sadness. She wishes it could be something else "But Halfclaw would be a cool name" her blue eyes shine as she ponders it, rolls it around in her mind like a smooth stone under her feet. She would like anything Pinkpaw called her, if she were honest. "My assessment's soon though, maybe after I'll see you on the border so I can tell you what it is?" She hopes she can, anyways.

Pinkpaw goes on to tell her that it's not Pinkpaw anymore - it's Pinkshine now. It is perhaps the most fitting name Halfpaw has ever heard and a purr rumbles in her chest "Pinkshine.." She says softly, trying out the name on her tongue. She pauses for a moment, soaking it in. named early she says and Halfpaw gives her a look of admiration "Wow, you must be a really good tunneler then huh?" she herself never would have been destined to that life, she was too big, her limbs too long and her shoulders too broad. No, if she had stayed in WindClan she would be racing through open fields while Pinkshine toiled in the earth below.

// @PINKSHINE
EpC61GT.png

• UnubgZp.jpeg

• 74005637_Mkbfa9PMK58YlSi.png
    HALFPAW SHADOWCLAN APPRENTICE ; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO APPLEJAW, ASHENFALL, SWANSONG, GARLICHEART, THORNPAW AND LAURELPAW
    A fluffy she cat who's fur is half cream tabby, half blue tabby split by white. Her eyes are two mismatched shades of blue, with one being a light icy blue and the other being darker in color.
    Easy in battle + still learning how to fight

Still Halfpaw then, okay... This would be Pinkshine's frame of reference, then. Her last glimpse of the before Half-whatever era! It's a bit of a hard name to work with, she thinks... Half could imply that whatever is after it wasn't done very well... Halfheart wouldn't work, that'd make her sound evil! Maybe something like Half-face instead, straight to the point... " Yeah! " Pinkshine chirps, tail flicking excitedly behind her. " I'll be allll over the ShadowClan border! We'll totally find eachother! " She asserts. Eventually, anyways.

Her smile crescents her eyes... Like, how could it not when Halfpaw thinks her new name is as cool as she thinks it is. And Featherspine thought it was so cool she smiled. She's so happy she could just burst into tears! Which makes absolutely no sense at all... Pinkshine beams. She's never really thought of herself as an extra good tunneler. Just, like... regular good, but when Halfpaw says it, she realizes maybe that is what Sunstar thinks. " I guess so! " She beams. She wants to be a really good tunneler for WindClan... " I'm sure you're like, the best ShadowClan apprentice! And you're gonna be the best ShadowClan warrior too! " Or at the very least, the best one she knows! " I want you to tell me alllll about it later! " she purrs, and if Halfpaw would let her, she'd bump her head against the ShadowClanner's own.

• Love
Reactions: Halfsun