God if i have to die | Return from Moonstone | you will have to die

[Medicine Cat Meeting Thread]

He staggered back into camp, no facade of pleasantries or mask of optimism, no attempt to hold himself with any dignity; his paws scraped across the earth and he wondered if it would not be easier to just drop where he stood than force himself into the view of his clanmates as he trudged onward to his den. Dandelionwish was a cat with hope, a cat who thought he could change things and make the world better but time and again he was proven wrong. He was not skilled enough to keep his clan alive, he was still untrained, there was no support and even the stars were silent; perhaps they had abandoned him after all.

Perhaps he was not meant for this path as he so thought. Perhaps…
It was as if the world had become so much more sharp, his vision splintering into ice like the coming cold, everything and everyone wanted WindClan to die and why should he keep fighting to sustain it. Why should he continue pushing when the wall before him would never once give. What was the point of it all, the purpose. Was he just destined to fail? The sepia point's tail lashed in a rare display of internal outrage bubbling up to the surface. He could not even be mad at Dawnglare nor SkyClan, he could not be angry with anyone but his own foolish ideals. He remembered following Honeytwist around, cowering behind her as Sootstar marked her loyal supports with claws, cut Kestreltalon's eye from her face, sent so many cats away from the moors without a single thought to their fates. He wanted to scream, cry, but more importantly than all of it...he wanted to die. He wanted to see Rosepaw again, he wanted to not carry the burden any longer.
When he finally reached the camp kicking snow in his haste to reach his den he parted the leaves like a curtain on his final performance and nearly walked directly into Juniperfrost perched at the edge of the den area.

"You're back so quick-why?" The ticked tabby asked incredulous and he wanted to swing at the bastard's face in an impulsive panic to avoid answering the question but instead he let it all tumble out, tears bubbling up and voice catching as he tried not to break down again like he had with Wisteriapaw's death.

"We...we...need catmint, there has to be a way to get it-I can't get it anywhere else and SkyClan told me no but there has to ....has to be...I can't...I don't know what to do...we're gonna....everyone is....LEAVE ME ALONE!" With a shoulder push to the much larger tom that did not move the blue tabby in the slightest, Dandelionwish gave a choked and broken whimper of a noise as he quickly retreated to his den and swept himself inside to the back. If had not been so broken down, so on the verge of losing it, he might have been more mindful with his words; but he'd not thought once about them as he crumbled.

Juniperfrost frowned, eyes wide at the display, before turning to the other cat on night guard with him and in a cool tone spoke, "Get Sootstar."

• Wow
Reactions: MALLOWLARK
invis.png
"Dandelion's havin' a meltdown?" Owltalon hears the gossip just as it starts, eagerly joining a group of babbling mollies to listen in. He's leaning his head against his paw, intently watching as the medicine cat goes waltzing right past Juniperfrost to his den like a wailing child. Well, cats were dropping like flies from this mysterious illness. Owltalon ignores the medicine cat, a paw smoothing down the fur on his chest to neaten himself up before he stands. "Sorry, ladies, but I've got a hunk to bother, if 'ya don't mind me.." He hushes with a smirk, shaking snow out of his fur in favor of walking over to Juniperfrost with a little pep in his funky step.

"Juniperfrost, my dear- what's got you all fluffed up? You cold? Need someone to warm 'ya?" He casually flirts, curiously tilting his head. What he really wanted was all the gossip, all the information on what the hell was going on. "What was that about SkyClan? I can go fetch Her Majesty for you.~" It's nearly a swoon when Juniper gives him even the slightest of a glare, always a glutton for punishment. Though, he's quick to rush to the Leader who was currently sitting with @WEASELCLAW . "Darlin' Majesty, Weaselclaw~" He begins, bowing his head in dramatic turn. "Juniperfrost is callin' for you. Something's got Dandy's tail all twisted in a ball right now, oui.~"

@SOOTSTAR
"speech"​

If there was one thing that reached Spiderblooms cold and distant heart, it was seeing the youth break. Succumbing to despair and hopelessness. She had never seen this side of Dandelionwish before, and she knew from experience what it felt like to break.

Owltalon was already getting Sootstar, so she figured it was worth checking on Dandelionwish.

"I'm going to check on him. " She simply stated to Juniperfrost.

And so she strode over to the medicine den, cautiously peeking in.

"Dandelionwish....?" She called out, not too loud, but with softness.

Skyclan said no, hm? They were the reason for Dandelionwish breaking like this? She would remember that.

She didn't know what to say. She feared for his health, if left to fester in such strong, soul crushing despair.

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
The boy asked SkyClan?! It was one of the first things she heard when Owltalon fetches her from the walls of Tallrock. Good StarClan, why would Dandelion do that?! Sootstar is not shocked by the denial, but she is embarrassed that now the clan of kittypet’s likely got the hint that they were frail and sick. Sootstar tries to reason with herself, that they needed catmint from anyone and anywhere, yet bitterness for the asked favor is all she can taste. Sootstar departs from Weaselclaw’s side, though she assumes the lead warrior will follow in her steps.

By the time she arrives Dandelionwish has retreated to his den, the tears and words he spoke had left clan-mates murmuring amongst themselves. No matter the cat she looks at they all seemed to be ready to take action, to do something, it was clear to all of WindClan that if asking the other clans wouldn’t help then it was time to find another solution.

”I will not let my clan grow ill and wither away!” Sootstar yowls from where she now stands near the crowd of cats, ”We must act! Where do we go from here?!” She looks to her warriors, to her clan. What would they propose?

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Sootpaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

an outburst from her brother is more than enough to warrant immediate concern from the chocolate sepia who was quick to hop to her feet and check what was going on, golden hues only catch a glimpse of dandelionwish with a face full of tears before he disappears into the medicine den with spiderbloom following in tow. cats that have gathered 'round are muttering at the shared news with furrowed brows, skyclan refused to spare them even the smallest bit of catmint?

something hot flared up inside of her gut like a rogue spark that catches onto dry grass. sure, windclan isn't the most favorable in most eyes but to ouright deny their medicine cat, her brother, a few herbs that could help save those who had fallen ill? its fucking vile. shrewtuft forced herself closer to the front of the group, an umber tipped tail lashing furiously back and forth in a way that's uncommon to see from the boisterous warrior.

"my brother has been workin' his tail off day 'n night trynna keep everybody healthy and when he needs help the most from his supposed medicine cat pal they just up and leave him in the dust?! he ain't done nothin' but be kind to everyone he meets and don't deserve to be treated like this!"

claws would slip from their sheathes to dig into the frosted ground. this bubbling anger that fills her vein only grows, ain't no one gonna make her kin cry like this and get away with it.

"ta hell with those selfish fox-hearts! ah say we go over there and show 'em what for!"

shrewtuft's words are a storm of outrage.
[ THE HUNTER'S MOON IS SHINING ]

Did Dandelionwish normally come back crying..? Strawpaw guesses they don’t know, they never saw him come back from the uh… Oh, they can’t remember the last time someone mentioned the name of that place and so they shrug as they teeter over in curiosity. They catch snippets of the conversation and piece them together, ears folded back as eyes flick from each cat currently present.

Oh… Skyclan didn’t give anything to Dandelion and thats he he was crying. How rude… See, even Straw knew better to make people cry, especially medicine cats.

Shrewtuft speaks which makes Strawpaw look up at her. They find themselves nodding along. "Yea… I wanna fight them…" because how else would they be able to get the uh… Catmint(?) Dandelion needed. A big frown etches itself across their face. They look to Sootstar, quizzical, wondering what she’d do now that her clan was calling for a fight.
"speech"​

TAGS Icepaw's half asleep when the outburst rouses her; she raises her head with wide eyes, clearly startled. Is there an argument going on? She stays frozen within the burrow she's resting in for a few moments, large ears swiveling as she tries to pick up on what's happening, but all she can hear now is hushed murmuring. They rise to their paws and slip out into the camp, and it seems as though plenty of others are following suit; Sootstar arrives shortly after them, and her words are deeply alarming. Shrewtuft's heated declaration is equally disturbing, though it offers some clarity on the situation. It doesn't take too long to glean that this is about SkyClan in particular — she's able to catch snippets of the surrounding conversations. Their heart sinks. How could they just abandon us like this? So many WindClanners are falling sick, and as the leaf-bare weather continues to worsen Icepaw finds themselves wondering just how bad their odds of recovery are. Stars above.

Their heart starts to pound, both out of anxiety regarding the sickness and the prospect of war. She can't fight for real... and with all the cats already out of commission, can WindClan really afford to risk losing more in combat? Still, the thought of speaking against Shrewtuft is incredibly nerve-wracking; Icepaw is loathe to debate a warrior. But still, this feels important enough to take the leap. "Um, are there any tunnels leading into SkyClan's territory...?" they venture after a few moments of thoughtful silence. She really hopes so, because if not then the ground's probably too frigid to dig any at the moment. They aren't optimistic, though, considering how far SkyClan is from the moorland, but it's worth a shot. "What if we... try to steal some catmint? Before raiding them, I mean..."

Last edited:

He sneers, scowling at Owltalon and refuses to answer the obviously pointed question. No he didn't want someone to warm him up and he sure as hell didn't want the silver tom to do it. When he saunters off to actually fetch their leader it is met with immediate relief.

"Spiderbloom, leave him his solitude as he wishes." There was no point bothering. Dandelionwish had retreated for a reason, obviously overwhelmed by it all. This is what they got for having such a young and untrained healer; they crumbled too easily, fractured into pieces. Honeytwist had also been weakminded, if only WindClan could get a more durable healer for support than this crying child. No matter, that was something to dwell on later, the current issue at hand was clear.
Those pompous kittypet bastards, he was aligned with Sootstar in his feelings that their weakness should not have been exposed but what else could they do to obtain the herbs necessary? But the fact they had been refused so blatantly, so boldly, knowing full well the power WindClan had over them. Or perhaps they thought their sickness had left the clan unable to fight and thus felt righteous in their denial. Either way, hell was to be paid in full.

His ice gaze wanders over to Icepaw, he had been given the name 'frost' for his coldness, his lack of empathy, but her name of Ice clearly indicated a more fragile meaning as it were. Still, there was no protest from her mouth at least which was more than he could say for the rest of this clans vocal bleedinghearts. Strawpaw, for all their oddities is chorusing the desire for a fight as well so he focuses on the pale apprentices misgivings, "Unfortunately our tunnel system does not extend enough nor do we know the layout of their camp to ensure an easy capture." Not that he wanted stealth, what he wanted was SkyClan blood. "I am in agreement with Shrewtuft, we should retaliate." For once in his life, agreeing with this loud and abrasive she-cat, but at least now her personal stake in the matter was more aligned with WindClans.
"There are enough able bodied warriors available we can raid their camp and take what we need." Oh, what he would not give to stake his claim to one of the kittypet king's many lives that he was wholey undeserving of.

Last edited:

Hearing Juniperfrost, she sighed and turned away from the medicine den and joined the others who were gathering.

Her worried expression changed to one of delight. Yes....They should go and take the catmint!

"If Skyclan wont share, then we should just go and take it." She said, agreeing with the others.

"Our clanmates are depending on us. I don't want to see them die because of some stuck up medicine cat.....Though I'm sure the rest of Skyclan agrees with him." She added.

From the corner of her eye, she spotted Yewberry coming hesitantly closer. She whipped her head to look at him.

"And what do you think?" She asked pointedly.

Yewberry froze in his tracks, but not for long. His nervous expression melted into an uncharacteristic glare. His brow furrowed and his amber gaze set on her. She perked an eyebrow.

"What, do you think I'm going to say no, we can't do that?" He bit back.

".....Yes, actually."

"Well, you're wrong. I agree that we should take their catmint." He hissed at her.

Skyclan made Dandelionwish cry, and Yewberry was about to make them cry.

"Oohh~ I didn't think you had a violent bone in your body!" Spiderbloom replied with a chuckle.

"My mother always said... It's not stealing if you don't get caught." Yewberry said with a shrug.

"Your mother is right."

Tags and Information

He agrees, bitter and cruel as it is. For the duration of the tense discussion, Tigerfrost has said not a word. His scorching eyes rip through the gathering crowd, judging their statements, their faces, their eyes. There is a steeliness to the group, a determination in most that was not found elsewhere. Even as the blizzard battered them into the hare dens for shelter, the hearts of WindClan still beat with a fiery heat. They needed catmint. SkyClan had catmint. SkyClan had said they would not share. Was there not only one answer? Some would call them fools for wishing to fight in such weather, but lives were on the line. It was death, or it was life. Doing nothing would kill more than it would aid.

Finally, in a graveled voice, Tigerfrost speaks, "I agree." He raises his tone to share his opinion. "If we do nothing, the sick will die. If we attack, some may still die. It is a risk, and we must decide if we are willing to accept that. Do we watch our clan-mates die from illness while we stand around and do nothing? My choice is clear. If SkyClan won't share their herbs, we have only one option. We take it by force." Brutal and cold are his words. He does not care for the lives of the SkyClanners. He understands the risk to his own clan, but he also understands the risk of standing by and doing nothing at all. In the end, though, while the clan might share their opinion, there was only one who could make the call with certainty. "It is Sootstar's decision." He speaks with finality. Whatever the leader's choice, Tigerfrost would follow. The Warrior turns eyes upon her expectantly.

ych33.png
Sunstride is no stranger to taking what one must. Survival was of the utmost importance, and what one could not defend, they did not deserve. There were none that called his outlook one forged of kindness and consideration. These were trying times, and they lived in a world built around such terrible things. In another life, when his paws were meadow-soft and his body unscarred by the trials he has seen, he might be one made of kinder outlooks. Instead, he is a warrior. One of Sootstar's warriors now– it was not for her that his expression draws to a serious scowl, though. It is for those huddled beneath the den with their lungs tightened by pain. It is for the ones that may die. He is not a cat wholly given to WindClan, but he has made his choice in his loyalties. He will live by them now. He will die by them.

The tall tom joins the fray with a face of consideration. His quiet composure does not betray a thought through his head. A flick of an ear, a shifting of his eyes. Eventually, his attention settles on Sootstar. "I have heard of this clan, that takes others from their warm boxed homes. They will not be so frail as to back down from a fight. They have fought less for their food than we have, and may perhaps train just as well. We would prepare ourselves for loss– in search of one herb, we may find ourselves needing a great many more." He would fight, and is glad to do so, but he has seen cats wither from infection, and it is as damning as this cough.
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, uses he - him. thirty-four moons old. warrior of windclan and former rogue.
    —— cautious of clan life, but an apt learner. encourages close bonds between clanmates.
    —— loyalty uncertain, cares for those surrounding him. undoubtedly closest to wolfsong.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red at its base and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

──⇌•〘 INFO Wolfsong watches. First the visibly, audibly distressed healer, who retreats into his den, then the cold statue that is Juniperfrost. In very little time at all, Owltalon has fetched Sootstar, who arrives with a storm bowing at her heels. Why refuse us this herb? Do they have too little to share or is it spite that drives them? As the WindClanners begin to make their suggestions, he wonders if SkyClan realizes how willing they are to spill blood for their ill clanmates. If they have any wits about them at all, they will expect some form of retaliation.

He is not entirely convinced brute force is to be their first –or best– course to weather. Sunstride favors caution, rightfully raising concern about the inevitable losses in the event of a pitched battle. They may be able to spare some bodies, but how many? Much as his blood sings for the ring of claws, they should first ensure they have the advantage. Attacking SkyClan on their territory, pitting their underfed warriors against those who have not faced as many struggles— it would not be in WindClan's favor.

Looking to Sunstride, he nods slowly. "They regularly make warriors of cats in collars, don't they? I could pose as one of them, scout their supplies and numbers, any weaknesses we could use to our advantage if it comes to that. Steal the herbs myself." Wolfsong glances at Sootstar, then inclines his head deferentially. "Or any warrior you choose, of course."

Badgermoon didn't like being late to things - the later you arrived to something important, the more likely it was that someone would lose confidence in your abilities, and the greater the risk of missing crucial information. Nonetheless, the black and white tom was on the scene, albeit not as soon as he would've wanted to be, his yellow eyes narrowing at the fleeing medicine cat, the rumble of angry voices, the yowl of their leader. Dandelionwish had asked the SkyClanners for catmint, and they had said no? His face creased in a deep frown as he moved to stand near Sootstar, dark tail swaying as agitation built under his coat. On the one hand, he understood the calls for violence - the idea that the Clan of kittypets would so refuse real warriors a lifesaving herb made his broad shoulders tighten; the bicolor tom could almost feel the hot burn in his throat which preceded all of his darkest, bloodiest moments.

However...Sunstride was making a good point: it would be self-defeating to risk their able-bodied warriors' lives in battle for the chance to heal their sick, which may or may not work. Wolfsong's idea was an intriguing one, and he found himself nodding slowly, trying to imagine how that would play out. Insider knowledge could be extremely helpful, and a paw to swipe some of the catmint without an explicit raid might change the nature of the whole problem. Badgermoon puffed out his cheeks and let out a long, tense sigh before speaking. "I think SkyClan must be shown that their cruelty will not be ignored. By their refusal, they have shown that they would let us all die of sickness purely out of the darkness in their pampered hearts." he paused to flex his claws against the dirt. "But I am cautious of reacting without thinking. More harm than good would come out of such a hasty decision."

The tomcat thought for a moment longer and then proposed, "Perhaps it would be better for a small party of our strongest warriors to go to and demand the herbs, prepared to use force if necessary. Dandelionwish could come with us to ensure they give us the correct herb and not something else to placate us." Badgermoon's jaw tightened as he added, "Maybe we could even use a confrontation as a distraction for someone - " he nodded towards Wolfsong - "to steal the catmint."

• Wow
Reactions: Floppie
TAGS — Smokepaw is late, too, apparently. The outburst had roused him like it had his friend, and he stills at Icepaw's side, amber eyes flicking between the warriors who talked faster than he could keep up with. If he's honest, he wouldn't like to go to war with SkyClan. Soft bunch of kittypets as they are, he doesn't doubt that they have a few good warriors among them if they're able to keep up the integrity of their borders- warring with them over catmint doesn't sound worth it, exactly, especially not when he knows that he'd not stand a chance on the front lines. Tunnelers like him are small, and that usually meant they were bad at fighting, too. Well, in his experience, anyway. But he can't just abide by the badger sett becoming a home of rot, can he? Smokepaw inhales, contemplative, and tries to follow the conversation.

Icepaw suggests an avenue of stealth, but Juniperfrost is quick to gun them down. Spiderbloom and Yewberry bicker, but ultimately agree to steal the catmint. Tigerfrost agrees to battle; Sunstride and Wolfsong both speak against it. And finally, Badgermoon steps in, offering something just a tad more thought out. The square set of Smokepaw's shoulders relax, if only slightly, into a softer slope. He swivels his gaze to Sootstar, attempting to gauge her reaction to it all. What would she think of all of these plans? Would she want to battle, or to be cordial? He has nothing but respect for his mentor- but he's seen how cruel she can be, too. Not that the cats who'd been on the receiving end of her ire hadn't deserved it. The ebony tom's tail flicks behind him as he thinks, but eventually his head tilts towards Badgermoon imperceptibly, placid expression tinged by his uncertainty.

"I think that sounds smart," he offers, as if his opinion matters here- he's only an apprentice, but he hopes they'll take him at least somewhat seriously. "I think an entire battle might be, um... unnecessarily bloody." If SkyClan won't willingly give them any herbs, then deception must be the only way to go about it without risking the rest of their able-bodied cats. After all, if the battle were to turn out poorly, they'd probably starve. Though hunting in the tunnels during Leafbare is generally more lucrative than the moors, the moor-runners could catch what the tunnelers- what Smokepaw -could not. They couldn't risk losing that, not with all of the ill cats already out of commission.​

It wasn't the first time he was interrupted from minding his own business by a wailing cat, and he doubted it'd be the last. Such was the way of life, he supposed. There is little sympathy as he watched Dandelionwish retreat into the shadows of his den... well, maybe a bit of sympathy. He couldn't imagine the stress of the clan's health being a fun burden, especially at a young age. Snowspark only dwelled on this thought for a heartbeat before cream-tipped ears perked and swiveled in the direction of Sootstar's call. No sleep for him tonight, it seemed.

"Stealing with a distraction seems like the smartest idea," the moor-runner agreed, trotting over while suppressing a yawn. His face lacked the ire of his clanmates, though anger threatened to spill into his numbed voice. "I could help get the catmint if we do the distraction idea." He'd like to believe he was fast enough to outrun the flabby SkyClan kittypets, and his stark-white coat blended into the snow piles unlike other cats present. As detached as he seemed, he couldn't help but glance over to the medicine den, concern creasing his brow throughout the discussion. He was fortunate, or rather isolated enough to avoid contracting anything, unlike the wheezing cats stuck out in the badger sett. Snowspark huffed through his nose, tail lashing ever so slightly. "But if we fight, I'll fight too."

The sick did not get better on their own especially with the chill that permeated in the air, there were too many and Firepaw couldn't begin to comprehend the stress that must've been thrust onto their very own medicine cat; Dandelionwish who held all their lives in his paws. It's not something she'd ever be able to accomplish part of her wonders just how much longer they can support the sick and dying; the less food they got - she got the more weak they all became if they did not get better the whole clan would suffer. If only prey was more plentiful, if only she could catch just a little tiny bit more then things would be better - if only the clouds would part and allow the sun to scorch the frozen earth to return it to its former glory but no the snow still peppers the ground. There was no stop to it. Her ears swivel as she hears the voice of the tom, her face lifts up from where it rests on the warmth of her paws. She doesn't catch everything he says it's babbled but she can tell he's upset, his tearful caterwaul was hard to ignore - something dire had happened; the winds were changing their direction and Firepaw can do nothing but give chase as she watches Moorrunner and Tunneler alike rallied together to discuss plots of war, Skyclan was willing to let them to slowly die off is what she can understand Shrewtuft makes it clear enough. Her claws unsheathe and she stomps her way over, head down and ears pinned to the back of her head yet theres something that stirs in the recesses of her heart, something she wishes she could extinguish. Finally a fight worth fighting - Skyclan would pay she'd help tear them asunder those fleabitten foxhearts would get what was coming to them. She cannot be excited no not when there was lives on the line yet the taste of glory was an alluring one. Save the clan be celebrated for it.

She comes to sit besides the likes of Lemonpaw, Strawpaw and Icepaw, they were different then each other despite their shared kinship as tunnelers and she can respect Strawpaw's drive one that may be akin to her own fighting was the best way to handle things, it was as simple as it was and she doubts a bunch of kittypet lovers would pose much threat even Icepaw would stand a chance against them. Yet the idea of underhanded thievery is brought up, something that she really can't say appeals to her greatly but logically she knows it's the best way to go it just didn't feel like the windclan way - they weren't a bunch of slimey shadowclanners they had pride and strength even at heir worst! Her gaze falls on Juniperfrost admiration clear in the way her muzzle curls and eyes glimmer, out of all the warriors she can say he stood out as strong he radiated with strength and to her that came with wisdom sure he may not be laoded with scars but that only meant he must've had a mean winning streak. More speak and she listens most mirror her desires - her views on what should be done; but inevitably Sunstrike speaks against the 'plan' and she can't help but find him cowardly, it did not matter if the odds were stacked against them they were strong they were windclan weren't they? They wouldn't get beaten back and abused! She bites her lip and stays silent for the moment being a rarity for her but it's not hard she'd be cut off regardless as Wolfsong speaks. His idea seems to her kinda mousebrained. Wouldn't they smell the moors on him? And how would he get a collar - plus pretending to be a kittypet she can't imagine doing something so demeaning.

The deputy
speaks after proposing a plan of action, one that doesn't involve outright all out war she hates that she can understand the worth of such a plan; though she'd prefer to teach the Skyclanners a lesson and she wants top bet they're mousebrained enough to refuse them just like they refused Dandelionwish. So in the end it didn't matter to much and if they couldn't rush their camp then if they had someone playing the thieving rat they'd get to have their hare and eat it to so to speak! Her maw opens to speak but before she can her brother does in turn, he'd always been the more silent type the more nod along to everything anyone said to him type. Her ears pin back and impulsively she hisses at him ❝Of course you'd say that, nest-wetter her tail lashes and she looks away from him ❝Whatever we do I wanna be there, I'm strong and nearly old enough to be a warrior! I wanna give those lousy treehuggers what for if they don't give us what we need!❞ she looks up towards Badgermoon and Sootstar - she refused to be locked to camp with the rest of the babbling kittens and cowardly tunnelers.

( PLACE ME IN MY CASKET TONIGHT ; BECAUSE IM ALREADY DYING INSIDE )

Skyclan had denied them in their need of help?. In the middle of leafbare on top of that. How absolutely cruel. Sunsetbreeze just this once would allow a grimace of disgust upon his beautiful face as this news got delivered to him. If skyclan was so heartless to not put their differences aside just this once to help one another then why in starclans name should they keep this lil peaceful agreement ongoing?. What right did skyclan have to keep everything to themselves while their own clan was falling because of this sickness...Or where they just expected to accept it and let their whole clan perish?, not even surviving for a year while the rest of the clans thrived?. No. starclan wouldn't allow it. He was sure starclan was just as displeased with skyclan at this point like they were. Sootstar had said it herself. Windclan was starclans favorite.

" I agree with Badgermoon. A distraction to keep skyclans attention on some couple of us while one or two sneaks inside to steal this catmints from them. It's clever and it might help avoid anyone getting unecessery injured. The moment we get what we want we retreat from there. I too would like to come along, to assist on the battle front." He spoke there he elegantly stood, holding his head high. This was a chance for him to prove himself on the front that he was loyal and devoted, to be useful to Sootstar and her dream to see her clan thrive. Anything. He would do anything for her, and now it was time to put his words into action.

" We have Snowspark as a volunteer -" he paused to give an approving nod to the other warrior before he contunied. " Do we happen to have anyone in this clan who used to live there before we split into clans?. Someone who knows the inside who could help to run this scheme smoothly." He would glance around, unsure really since he had been a kittypet who had joined here when windclan had still been fresh and new, before the borders had closed itself for the likes of him. So he didnt know every single of his clanmates backstory just like his was unkown to them. He believed his ideas were smart though, better then letting one run in there alone without having any clue on where to even run. It would be like running in a maze and also two made the odds better then one. If one of them would fail and...a tragedy would happen.

Last edited:

His brother's wails would be enough of a concern on his own, but the fact that the medicine cat's wails follow him arriving back to camp early from his meeting with his fellow medics leaves Thymeroot with a sinking feeling in his chest. Nothing good can come from any of this.

"What's goin' on?" he asks, but he hears his rumor from the chatter that arises. SkyClan refused to give them catmint. The herbs they needed to keep their clan afloat in a time of sickness. Shit.

How could they do that to his brother? To WindClan? Dandelionwish worked so hard to keep them as healthy as he could, and everyday more and more got sick, more and more had to be separated from the camp, left to fester as their supplies dwindled into nothing. Dandelionwish needed catmint. WindClan needed catmint. Thymeroot isn't sure they can afford more time wasted searching for it.

How could SkyClan be so cruel, not to share? Always touted as kittypets, they were supposed to be soft, supposed to be caring. What was with this sudden toughness? It upsets the fawn-pointed warrior, leaves fur sticking up at the back of his neck.

Plans begin to hatch, and Thymeroot listens on, cornflower eyes flickering from clanmate to clanmate. His sister is just as angry as he is - if not more - and sides with the idea of a fight.

"Fightin'll only cause bloodshed," he adds in, "Seems pretty silly to me to go fightin' over herbs. Doesn't Dandelionwish already have enough work to do?" Though he thinks SkyClan deserves punishment for their treatment of Dandelionwish and WindClan, his brother can't spread himself thinner between sickness and battle wounds, right now.

But, sending a patrol to WindClan in hopes for serving a long enough distraction to steal the catmint? It was perhaps their only option, in desperate times.

"I'll go with, if Dandelionwish and Shrewtuft're going," he says, wanting to stand beside his siblings. But, as Sunsetbreeze suggests, it would be best to get someone with knowledge of the camp's layout on their side as well. There's bound to be someone within WindClan's camp who holds that knowledge.

Last edited:
invis.png
People voice their opinions, and Owltalon watches as a plain complaint turns into an all-out plan for battle. He snorts, seating himself to watch all of the other cats bicker and babble- Sootstar was going to agree with this, he knew she would. That molly couldn't see the difference between peace and stealing. "Whatever we decide to do, let's not get our asses handed to us. We're underfed and sick, not as strong as we usually are. Keep that in mind, baby." Hums the tom, waiting for a final say. Whatever happened, he'd love to shove his claws into the Kittypet King's pretty fur and rip him right out of his skin.​
"speech"​

Untitled327-20221103225234.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

War with another clan wasn't something Coldsnap considered a 'smart' move. They were already on everyones shitlist save for Shadowclan, and he trusted the group of carion-eaters very little, if at all. Sometimes though, 'smart' and 'necessary' weren't always interchangeable. Gambles had to made, risks taken, because any cat who played it too safe ended up getting you walked all over. His mind thought to all the sick cats waiting in the badger set, thought of Coalfoot when he'd brought him that prey, thought of Wisteriapaw crying out in terror for their mother as they choked on their own blood and Dandelions tears as he was pushed farther and farther toward an edge he couldn't step away from.

They needed those herbs.

"Even if we didn't intend to actually fight with them, if a large enough group of our warriors showed up on their border demanding herbs, it would draw most of their fighters out to confront us. It would be a good oppurtunity for a smaller patrol to sneak in and steal what we need while the larger one keeps their fighters distracted. Could be the best way to avoid added losses." he said, agreeing with Badgermoon. An angry hoard of Windclan warriors hissing and yowling at the border would raise alarm bells and send the Skyclan warriors rushing out to make sure they didn't cross the border into Skyclan territory, and while that was happening, the smaller patrol would have more freedom to work without being caught.

windclan warrior - male - 12 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

justify]