camp just too hardheaded ★ leaving

〕Her wounds were even more sore today than yesterday, but there were not many pelts in the camp that weren't decorated like her own. She had never cared for the smell of herbs, and she disliked them being glued to her pelt even more so. Against her pleading for him to stay home, at her side was Gentlestorm. She cast a glance at him, an unspoken "Are you absolutely sure?" But she already knew the answer. He was unfortunately as stubborn as she was. She shook her head in disapproval, but a small smile glimmered on her maw.

"We are headed to the moonstone." Her decision would undoubtedly be an unpopular one, but she left no room for discussion. Her mind was already made up, and there was no one that could change it. The trip to the moonstone would take a little longer than normal, but they would make it there safely. Windclan was much more peaceful these days with Sunstar as leader, so she was not worried about being attacked by the moor dwelling clan. "While I am gone, Roeflame is in charge." She cast her gaze to her former nursery denmate, and gave her a nod. "I know it was a long night, but I would like for those who are able to begin cleaning up the camp." Her clanmates were tired, much like she was. Most had stayed awake for the vigils, assisted in digging the graves, or were recovering in the Medicine Den. She wished that by waking up this morning, everything would magically be normal again, but that was beyond Starclan's powers. Skyclaw had left a mark in the clan that would last for moons...but by cleaning up and fixing the damage from the battle, hopefully that would begin to help. "We will be back soon."
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. This takes place the day after the battle
    @GENTLESTORM @ROEFLAME .
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 36 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

"Flamewhisker-" Tigerpaws voice rang, shuffling out of the medicine den. A part of her imagined, a year ago, when she would poke her head from the medicine den and Nightbird would scold her to go back... But she was not sick this time. Sure, deep wounds scored her shoulder- but she's dealt with it before with the hawk, a similar but far larger pattern scarred into her opposite side. "Gentlestorm, please. One more warrior at your side, let me join you guys. Let me come with, please."

Green eyes were filled with hope. She had left her friend for moons- and before, flamewhisker and batwing left for moons while she was stuck back. The only difference is her wrist, but she made note not to let the throbbing pain her face. They were worse off than her. "I want to support you, Flamewhisker. I want- I want to make sure you two are safe on your journey- what if they get you. What if they're expecting you to go there."

Though, her mind swirled with possibilities that she would not be able to defend them, the hesitation she keeps meeting with the fear coiling like a snake in her stomach, gnawing on her insides instead of striking like she was supposed to. Maybe, maybe she could prove herself worthy to be here. "Thunderclan can't lose both of you." She said more sternly, her eyes determined, and her form- though frail, looking firm as she stood before her red furred friend. Green eyes met the fiery depths of orange, knowing deep in her stomach there was a possibility for a party waiting for them- waiting to kill them.

And she had to be ready this time.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- she's leaving. and she's taking gentlestorm with her. he limps as fast as his body will carry him, closer to the entrance as his heart begins to hammer in his chest. he can't really think. he can't really do anything but his face does not reflect the inner turmoil that rages within him. so many doubts.

ba dum. ba dum. ba dum.

there is a strange ache in his chest as his forest green eyes move back and forth between two cats he considers friends. sure, they're older but that didn't make them any less friend worthy to him. his claws dig into the dirt as he pushes his ears back, offering a wobbly smile. he's trying his best to make it seem like he's happier about this than he actually is, as if it does not feel like anxiety is a beast eating at his insides. it is. it always would be, wouldn't it?

"bye bye! stay safe, okay? say hi to my mom and howlingstar for me!"

orangepaw's voice is about as cheery as he can make it. any more so and it would sound forced, if it didn't already. his vision goes blurry within a few blinks but he opts to just focus on the way his claws dig into the dirt. he's okay. he's okay. flamewhisker is okay. gentlestorm is okay. they're both going to come back. this isn't the last time he will see them... right?

Carrionshriek - can she even be called that now? Now, that the tyrant leader that had given her her name was gone? There was no blessing from StarClan tying her name to her, and Gentlestorm's voice echoed in her head, Softsong, Softsong... - had been doing what she could to help pick up around the camp since the end had befallen Skyclaw, and though she was scraped and bruised, she was one of the lucky ones who hadn't been majorly injured - and for the best, she thought, as soon as she saw Gentlestorm. He was hurt enough, and he had other Clanmates to help. But who was helping him?

When Flamewhisker's voice called her attention to the flame-pelted warrior, Carrionshriek dropped what she was doing to hurry over to where she and Gentlestorm were standing.

"Gentlestorm," she fussed, glancing between him and Flamewhisker. Something had changed in her that night when Skyclaw had been defeated, when Carrionshriek had taken matters into her own paws and fought for her Clan. "You can't go in your state." She said it definitely, even knowing that Gentlestorm easily outranked her, and Flamewhisker was fox-lengths ahead of her. If they had decided on letting Gentlestorm go, then who was she to deny them that?

Tigerpaw spoke up, offering her assistance to the duo on their journey out, and Carrionshriek found herself nodding. If not Tigerpaw, then someone - Raccoonstripe, perhaps, or Roeflame, who Flamewhisker was leaving in charge in her absence. WindClan wasn't likely to be a threat, but the state of the two cats was concerning.

༄.𖥔 ݁ ˖ — When Flamewhisker glances his way still questioning if he should go, he simply turns to match her own gaze with his before he rolls his shoulders despite the way they ache terribly. His red tabbied friend makes the announcement that they would be departing to the Highstones and he can already feel a few eyes settle on the both of them along with murmuring in the small forming crowd. He suspects a few of them will be against either of them leaving due to their injuries and being two important individuals that they couldn't lose or the clan would be doomed, his whiskers twitch when Tigerpaw steps forward despite her limp and it causes his pupils to narrow at her as he gives her a stern glare. "Go back." His eyes say but she offers to go with them to keep them safe and to show support for Flamewhisker.

"N... no... y... you are to... go... b... back to the medicine... d... den... and rest..." Gentlestorm rasps before clearing his throat and standing tall (or as best as he can) to show that he's serious before continuing "You have shown... plenty of s... support during the battle against... S... Skyclaw and his followers... go rest... I w... will not... repeat myself..." The older tom's a hypocrite yet if someone were to call him such, he would not deny it... He's stubborn, yes, but he isn't blind to the truth. He might be the deputy like Flamewhisker but as the clan's sole medicine cat, well, he would make sure that his clanmates rest so that their injuries can mend a lot faster over time and he makes the final decision for those that sleep in the medicine den.

"Go..." Gentlestorm says only to note the vibrant fur of Orangepaw who seems focused on the both him and Flamewhisker, a frown still pulling at the sides of his mouth. He briefly glances to the deputy only to approach the apprentice pressing his nose against his forehead gently to comfort and reassure him "I'll r... return... little gl... glowbug..." The pale mountain of fur despite the crimson stains of blood on his fur moves away to look into the green eyes of the apprentice and swallows the brief dryness in his mouth "I p... promise..." It's a hoarse whisper but he truly means it before stepping away completely to rejoin Flamewhisker's side as another voice speaks up and he sees that it's Carrionshriek, she speaks the truth about how he shouldn't go due to his state but he couldn't let Flamewhisker travel alone either.

He felt a sense of comfort and duty by guiding her to the Moonstone where she would obtain her nine lives, Gentlestorm blinks earthy toned eyes at Carrionshriek once then shakes his head "I... ha... have made... my decision..." If Starclan disapproved of his choice they would send a sign and his head tilts skywards for any, he finds none which is reason enough for him. "Flamewhisker has never... b... been to the... m... moonstone... I a... am her g... guide... it is... my d... duty..." He declares at last and his decision was made.

fmo1ZTV.png

• ooc
  • MEDICINE CAT KNOWLEDGE;
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ INFECTIONS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧ ACHES & PAINS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧ ILLNESS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧✧ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✦✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✧✧ BROKEN BONES
    ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦ KITTING
    ✦✦✦✦✧✧✧✧✧✧ POISONS
  • fglpSzG.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and copper eyes, several scars cover his body from previous fights that he somehow survived
    gentlestorm is rarely ever a warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he proceeds with more caution and he's less likely to trust any strangers that come from outside of thunderclan. he tends to be jumpy if suddenly approached or flinches away from swift movement with his claws unsheathed when it occurs, he apologizes for it. his kindness reserved only for those closest to him otherwise anyone else can expect the cold shoulder from the old tom
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf ; currently interested in no one
    semi-difficult to befriend/interact with ; quick to strike/attack first if he feels threatened ; peaceful powerplay allowed but proceed with caution
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

leafhusk’s fur felt heavy from the weight of poultice stuck to it. her body couldn’t do much in this state, when she did move, she hobbled around like a kit learning to walk. a half-moon of rest, the healer grumbled breathlessly before hunching over another patient. great, fun. the medicine den is stuffy, overcrowded, and the miasma of herbs hangs thickly in the air, mixed in with awkward tension. a scowl hasn’t left her face since.

her attention suddenly shifts to flamewhisker, who announces that they’re heading to the moonstone. they’re? she’s kidding. oh, stars, the thunderclan council is full of stubborn idiots. gentlestorm looks like he’s aged twenty moons since she left, and flamewhisker is fifty percent cobwebs. she appreciates that her clanmates voice their concerns, but she knows her council-mates have made up their mind. it's true, unfortunately, their deputy hasn't been to the moonstone before.

her expression pinches(the best she can with cobwebs stuffed around her cheeks), and it's difficult to tell if it's from the pain or morbid amusement that they're leaving in this state, "don’t overexert yourselves. thunderclan will be in one piece when you return." gazing between them both, she adds, "it’d be embarrassing if a windclan patrol had to carry you home. …be safe." the final part is tacked on with an awkward cough, only realizing how it sound after it already left her tongue.

the tiredness that had settled over the camp after everything hung heavy in the air like a thick layer of fog. the tension would dissipate in time, but undoubtedly it would linger for moons to come, long after the strong smell of mixed herbs retreated.

the journey to the moonstone is an inevitable one, but like the rest of their clanmates, copperfang can't help but be concerned - if anything else were to occur ..

surely they would make it there and back safely, wouldn't they? he can't imagine how long the journey would take on top of its normal time with the state both of these cats were in, especially gentlestorm, who was in no state to travel at all. however he may feel, though, gentlestorm speaks the truth - ultimately, it is his duty to guide flamewhisker. despite the twitch of his whiskers, he dips his head slightly. "as you wish. return home safely, both of you."

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
Under cinnamon fur, the Lead Warrior could feel the blossomings of bruises on her flesh, though when her maw had dribbled with thick vermillion only hours ago, it was from the limp warrior that had been lying at her paws. She hadn’t even blinked.

She doesn’t now, drawing forward from where she would be with her kits and mate as Gentlestorm and Flamewhisker practically drag themselves towards the exit. Roeflame wasn’t surprised, if anything the determination only further solidified Flamewhisker’s place as leader in the warriors eyes. The fiery deputy spares a glance in her direction, and Roeflame gives a slight tip of her head. “We’ll have camp on the mend by the time you two make it back.” The silvery warrior assures.

Carrionshriek and Tigerpaw’s protests are futile but earnest. The deputy and the medicine cat had already made up their minds, there was no time to waste. At least, they had Orangepaws lively support. “And you will fulfill it, safely.” Roeflame nods in Gentlestorms direction, a glimmer of confidence in her eye. Leafhusk and Copperfang are civil, though their contempt for the choice is palpable- Roeflame doesn’t blame them one bit.

“Leafhusk, we’ll need several task forces for repairs, round up a small team of your choosing and we can get started on repairing the bramble wall.” Later on, Roeflame thinks, she’ll send a patrol out to ensure the resting place of the traitors is properly tucked away from the risk of predators discovering them. The cats had all been so tired, so injured. Roeflame cannot bring herself to think of the true warriors lost in the uprising, not yet.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The same kinship that Thundergleam had grown accustomed to did not glow through the air of ThunderClan, any longer ... it was replaced with a bond battle-hardened and bloodied, but stronger for the fight. A pale pelt joined the onlookers as Flamewhisker announced her departure, as Gentlestorm... despite his fragile state ... made his certainty that he was to accompany her very clear. In the pale toms tones, there was no room for argument.

Rosy eyes grew pitying. This, surely... was the sight of unfixable pain. But was a medicine cat like her? Meant to carry the burden of suffering for everyone else? Tonight, she would ask StarClan for an answer.

(To leave ThunderClan without a medicine cat would be poor judgement, certainly.)

"May the Stars light your paths." ThunderClan dipped her head, pale lashes fluttering closed for a moment. A silent prayer was uttered within. The Truth would guide them home to the idyll that awaited them here... a better ThunderClan, clean of muddied, embittered minds. And there would be some tidying done, of course. "I shall look to them tonight, so that they may whisper to me of your status."
penned by pin ☾

*+:。.。 Bugpaw didn't like the way her tummy flipped and flopped as Flamewhisker announced her leaving. Her paws feel restless beneath her like the ground she stands on has been scorched hot enough by the sun that if she stands still too long her paw pads will burn off! She wants to run to her mother, grab her leg, and beg her not to go - to take Bugpaw with her so her patchy mini-me can keep her safe!

Instead, Bugpaw does her best to swallow her fear and shouts, "Have fun at the moonstone! I hope it's not too much of a star-tling experience! I know you're shooting for the stars, but stay grounded and humble, okay? " she dances nervously on her paws, watching her mother's tail disappear into the camp's entrance. "I love you to the moon and back" she calls, the energy leaving her the second she loses sight of her mother. Plopping heavily onto her rump, Bugpaw watches the rustling entrance slowly still, before looking up at the sky and whispering, "keep her and Gentlestorm safe pappa, please"

• GENERAL:
    Bugpaw
    DFAB— She/Her
    6 moons — Ages
    Daughter to Flamewhisker and Flycatcher
    Sibling to Falconheart, Stormfeather, Lilykit, Butterflykit, Scorchedpaw, Squirrelpaw, Sunpaw
    Thunderclan — apprentice
    Apprenticed to Falconheart

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold pink
    injuries: None currently
[/COLOR]​

• Crying
  • Sad
Reactions: Deidre and Thorny

"You have shown... plenty of s... support during the battle against... S... Skyclaw and his followers... go rest... I w... will not... repeat myself..."

The orange and chocolate molly frowns, hesitance in her form. Green eyes meet his, and she sees the seriousness that fills his chocolate pupils, and her mouth opens, then shuts, her frown deep into her scarred face. She wanted to argue, she wanted to, but that was not the way of any warrior.

Anxiety flooded her, her ears flattening again, but a sigh escaped her her eyes shutting and head lowering. "fine, gentlestorm. I cannot let you waste more of your precious breath or neither of your times. But you two better return- i- I will come looking for you if you don't make it back." She said, her voice full of promise, but her paws kneading into the ground with sadness, fear.

Many cats promised to return, but some never did. Their promises weren't broken, they did their best to return, but life sometimes liked to spit on their faces. "Please, just stay safe."

Tigerpaw would sadly turn her body away, her tail dragging against the dirt as she limped her way back to the medicine den to rest as he had said. But she was prepared to make the journey to find them- wherever the moonstone may be, she would find them if they didn't return.