KEEP YOUR HEAD UP [open- gathering chatter -10/14/22]

A worried expression crosses his facial features as he finally steps into the clearing, keeping close to Duskfire. He has been on edge ever since they left Windclan, silence taking him. Breathing in slowly the tom glances to his father, looking at the deputy as if asking something before he finally ventures off. But he can't quite make himself leave too far, keeping to the shadows just in case he has to return back to Duskfire quickly. His paws shuffle through the blades of grass and he smells something odd, something different than he is used to. With a light flick of his tail he steps closer to the smell, mismatched eyes scanning the area before he almost bumps into another cat.

His eyes widened softly and he immediately looks apologetic. "I'm sorry, I should have been paying attention to where I was going." The other looks around his age and he tilts his head a little before shuffling his paws. "Um, I'm Slitherpaw...I live in Windclan. Um,...I don't know what your scent is but it's good to meet you!"

-- leaving @Duskfire side and interacting with @Coyotepaw

Tybalt padded into the clearing with the other ThunderClan cats. He kept close to @ARIELLA , not wanting to lose the near-blind molly in the crowd of cats. The sheer number of them made his pelt prickle. He hadn't been to a gathering since his first, when he'd nearly fought with an NPC apprentice. He wasn't used to so many cats. He was barely used to the amount of them in ThunderClan. He'd grown so used to being alone.

"This is Fourtrees," he said to the white she-cat beside him. "Every moon the five clans come together to share news and meet new cats. I've...only ever been to one," he admitted. "I got into a fight with some WindClan apprentice that kept trodding on my tail on purpose." It had probably been a dumb reason to claw the other tom's ears, but even now Tybalt couldn't say he wouldn't have at least snapped at him.

Even though it is difficult for the two of them to speak so openly here, Elmbreeze is glad for the peaceable pretext of the gathering that allows them to communicate with each other and not feel as though they going against their clans. He is even more pleased to see she recognises him.

If he had anticipated a more substantial conversation, any hopes of such are quickly dashed when she merely makes a comment about hoping the gathering will go well tonight. His features droop a little in disappointment, even though he knows full well they would not be able to speak as they once had. "Yes, I hope so too," He nods in agreement, keeping his voice civil. "After what I heard about the last gathering it would make a change for an argument not to happen I think."

@Echolight .

"SUREFIRE, YEAH, THE SETTING SUN WANTS COMPANY"
The chatter rolled across the clearing with every joining group. Having checked and sent off those of her clan, Daisyflight waded through the crowds to a spot slightly up the rise. There, she could look over the flow of ears and tails, their multi-patterned pelts meeting in whirlpools and tributaries.

One unexpected pairing she caught sight of was that of their medicine cat and another, larger. The snowy bulk that stood beside Dawnglare was a mystery, clad in soot boots. An unpleasant conversation, no doubt, if the stranger was prattling with that snake-spine. She pitied him.

Sweeping the thoughts aside with a sigh, the calico remained there patiently. Tail tucked atop her chalk-gloved paws, Daisyflight watched on.

/watching @DAWNGLARE and @MALLOWLARK open to interaction!

• Love
Reactions: MALLOWLARK
( ) As she followed Emberstar and Howling Wind into the clearing, she padded to the side of the clearing, and took a seat by herself. She sat up straight, and curled her tail over her paws. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she watched the other cats mingling and talking to each other. Maybe it was because she had been a loner for a year of her life, but she had a hard time imagining wanting to talk to any other cats beside her clanmates. Riverclan seemed nice enough, but Shadowclan had definitely made a sour imprint on her social views. For now unless someone approached her, she would remain quiet and wait for the gathering to begin.
( I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD ; YOU CAN BURY ME )

Coming to another when she already felt super low because of recent events is baffling to her. And yet here she is. Trying to keep her head held up high even underneath those accursed stars. She's worn, she may look it too. But she tries her best to keep herself standing firm despite the pain of her wounds. Sighing lightly she hardly finds it in herself to mingle with others. To throw herself out there into the crowd. What's the point. She knows she's destroyed Honeytwist and even gotten her exiled from Windclan. She knows that potentially the same fate happened to Cinderfrost. It's her fault. If she hadn't have went to that quiet gathering things would have been different. Quietly left her post. A bitter tang strikes against her tongue as the medically inclined warrior shuffles her paws. Things keep getting worse, she keeps causing things to get worse and worse and worse.

Her eyes close and she pulls her ears against her skull. What means does she have to make things better? Does she even have the right to try? Lifting her head up she looks around the gathering but moves not to interact with anyone. It's too hard for her to start and forcing a friendly demeanor for the sake of a one sided friendship is too much. So she decides to continue watching the mingling, wondering what will happen this time.

- open for interactions

Well, here he was again, at a gathering surrounded by several cats from all clans. But this time, he was a little more confident. He didn't seem so nervous as before. But... He still was a little anxious. He had not forgotten Pitchstars visit and.......

Personally he wanted to avoid him at all costs.

He knew he was supposed to make friends with the Shadowclanners but.......................

He was going to sit right here. Just like last time. Wait to be approached.

(Open for interactions!)

dbk13u8-6b693b62-b30c-4a32-9440-0fcb8beafa6a.png

Sniffling softly from the cold that rushed through her pelt, Hyacinthbreath flinched a little when she heard the familiar voice of Smokethroat. He'd come to this gathering once more, then? Her moon-lit eyes shift to the much larger tom, giving him a soft chuckle in response to his statement. Theatrics, indeed- by the way the cat smelling heavily of herbs crowed about her scar, Hyacinth knew the others wouldn't let that go for a while. Perhaps not, though she couldn't care too much when her loyalty was never questioned by the end of the day. She lifts her head stubbornly, casting a momentary glare towards Dawnglare. She wouldn't feed into his words, no- she'd ignore him, because that usually pissed enough people off when she did it to them.

Turning her attention back to Smokethroat, Hyacinth gives him a nervous smile before lowering her voice to speak to him. "Pretty well," She lied through her teeth, tail twitching behind her. She couldn't talk about the hawk attacks, the cold sweeping through the moors. No, she would stay quiet and keep her fucking mouth shut for now. Her friendship aside, she was a Lead Warrior of WindClan. Her duty was to keep secrets, to not be weak in front of others. He scoots a safe distance away from her, and she understands- nodding her head at the tom. "Prey is getting hard to find, but we can handle it. We're avid hunters, after all." She finally responds in half-truth, forgoing telling him about the lack of rabbits on the moors. There were other things, of course- so she wasn't lying through her teeth completely. "And RiverClan?" She asks softly, patient.

// interacting with @Smokethroat , briefly mentioned @DAWNGLARE

There was no other immediate cure for his mood, nothing that worked quite as quickly as his voice did, his grin. His chirp of a greeting is met with his own, mimicking greeting (though it lacked the right about of cheer, lacked the same charm.) "Hi ♪" it's more sing-song than chime, his own spin on that hello.

The scowl isn't entirely washed from his features. His ears still pin back to his head, lips still dip into a frown whenever not speaking (although a smile would always tease at them when Mallowlark spoke). Smells less smoky tonight... "So it does," he replies. He's thankful that he wouldn't have to deal with two for three gatherings with his senses stuffed full of smog (though two for three of Windclan's stupidity, it still remained...) "I might've concerned myself with their cleanliness, otherwise," filthy forest things, he wouldn't put it past them to continue rolling in their own ash and dust.

He blinks once the query is shot his way. Not always is he so... aware of what his face chooses to do. It's typically not until he's relaxed, that he realizes just how widely he'd been smiling or how deeply he'd been frowning. Dawnglare airs a heavy sigh, resists the urge to collapse onto Mallowlark in a fit of his 'dramatics.' "Yet again do I find myself appalled by the actions of your clan..." He fixes a pout onto the pale warrior. It just wasn't fair, to trap such a soul within a den of beasts. How long would it be, until he disappears entirely?

And it occurs to him then, the emptiness of his smile when last he had complained, spoke of their medicine cat– (speaking of whom, he failed to spot her amongst the crowd...) Fix your mistake. He shakes his head. "N– nevermind that." Something else. "Of course I'm alright. Of course," and then, giddy, his voice lilts into something sweet, an excited, half-hiss, half-whisper. "Blaise's little ones came just today."

[ talking to @MALLOWLARK <3 ]

• Love
Reactions: Marquette

The woman has kept close to Tybalt the whole way. Unsure of what will greet them. All of this is still new to her plus she is still reeling from her upwalker leaving her the way that he did. Not even a single goodbye from him. She doesn't want to hate him but she feels that emotion welling within her stomach like a snake ready to snap venomous fangs. Softly she sighs as she follows after the kind tom who has belped her so far and as he explains about the trees her nose twitches, bringing in so many scents that she is almost overwhelmed. "It sure is a gathering. There are so many of you, and you all smell so different." Her sense of smell has sense been heightened because of her failing sight but still ad least she can see some things. So many silhouettes of so many cats moving back and forth. As Tybalt speaks about his last gathering she flicks her pale ear, turning her head towards him. "Well, you had a reason but I hope none of you were hurt."

She truly wonders if things normally became tense like that and others prod for reactions. Her paws continue to gently be placed upon the ground, evenly. She presses with each step having a purpose to her movements. The albino creature of snow pauses as she smells something. Like water and she tilts her head in the direction of the one is coming from. "Oh, you smell like my water dish after it's been left out for awhile." Her voice is a melodious chuckle at the idea, a gentle shaking of her shoulders as mirth shines in her blue pinkish gaze. "It's not a bad smell mind you. Just an observation. Do you come here often? To these gatherings I mean. Tybalt guided me here and it seems like there are so many of you. So many smells all together. It's actually amazing." The pale woman smiles Houndsnarl's way as her long and feather tail wraps around her paws.

--- interacting with @Tybalt [Stagstrike] and greeting @HOUNDSNARL.

• Haha
Reactions: Marquette
“The different clans have different scents,” Tybalt told her. “It depends on where they live.” He felt his pelt grow warmer as she reacted to the tale of his last gathering, and he suddenly felt embarrassed about the argument. He wasn’t proud of it now, but it had never really bothered him before, so why did he suddenly feel so embarrassed about the outburst?

Thankfully, he didn’t have much time to dwell on it before Ariella turned her attention to a bulky RiverClanner and commented on his smell. It was a description Tybalt could understand vaguely, for the scent of standing water appeared to be universal no matter where you came from.

Tybalt held back a laugh, a lopsided grin flashing across his maw instead before he greeted the older warrior with a nod.

// interacting with @ARIELLA and @HOUNDSNARL.

At his greeting, that lovely lovely finch-song but better because he never knew the lilt, his half-tail swishing with pleasant thoughts. And the agreement, the thought of their cleanliness... it brought a giggle from his throat, chittering from his chest like chitinous wingbeat. Imagine if they had failed to wash themselves through all these nights! What a sight- what a stench! He would have gone home, he was sure of it, back to the clean breeze of the moor. But here- clean air, beneath full moon, with a friend- a friend- that was just as good. Better, even!

Night gloved paws kneaded the earth at the sound. His Clan- yes, his. It was strange to feel sharpened at the expression, for it was not a lie- though the thought of it did not feel right. WindClan was his home, of course- the moor had always been, and now WindClan was on the moor. It made sense, perfect sense- so why did it twist his gut so? "Yeah..." A hum of agreement buzzed light through his lips, ear flicking slightly as if he was ridding it of an itch. Dawnglare's melodic murmurs moved on quickly, however- tossing aside conversation of his Clan's wrongdoings, he could toss aside the thought as well. He affirmed his wellbeing- Mallowlark's chest swelled with that familiar warmth, that cloud-nine lift that threatened to rob him of his breath every time.

His smile remained wide, filled with light and intent- and grinning lips parted even further at Dawnglare's next words. "No way!" he cheered, though kept his volume suppressed, voice whipped up in an exhalation. New kittens- oh, how fun! And for SkyClan's leader to have fathered them- that would mean Dawnglare would have been the one to deliver them! "How many- oh, that's so exciting!" Leaning close, he wanted to make sure his companion missed no nuance in his voice- not that there was much. No, it was pure thrill!

/ interacting with @DAWNGLARE !!
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

Frostbite was usually...Alive, at night. Awake. Functional. And such was true tonight as he walked into the clearing. Though, seeing all the cats gathered exhausted him immediately.

He hated social gatherings.

Why did he come here again?

....... Curiosity..... He wanted to see what would happen. How Pitchstar and Sootstar would act and announce their alliance. How the others would react. He supposed he was here for the drama.

He looked at the other clan cats, figuring he should at least try to make friends.

He wanted to go home.

(Open to interactions!)

with all the cats mixed about, the tom wasn't sure what direction to head in. knowing in the back of his mind that he should be making friends with the windclanners, he knew this could potentially be his sole opportunity to mingle and make friends with cats from the other clans. there wasn't any harm in that was there? with any luck, a cat from a clan opposite of shadowclan would approach him, eager to start up a conversation.

- open to interaction! currently interacting with none!

I won't apologize for being who I am
Coyotepaw pauses here and there taking in all the new sights and smells. His cream paws continue to lead him forward until he notices a figure in the corner of his eye. Halting abruptly he turns to look at a cat who seems to be around his age. There is an apologetic look in his eye and Coyotepaw offers the other boy a bright smile to help calm his nerves. "Hey that's okay, you could have crashed into me and I still wouldn't have mind if it were an accident." The fluffy boy takes a seat, pulling his tail around his paws as he continues. "It's nice to meet you Slitherpaw, my name is Coyotepaw. I'm from Skyclan." However his mint green eyes light up at the mention of windclan, genuine interest resting there. "How is everything going over there in Windclan?" He asks with a minute tilt of his head. (@SLITHERPAW)
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you

After what had transpired at the last gathering, Beesong couldn't particularly say that he was excited for this one. If it wasn't for his duty as a medicine cat to represent his clan, Beesong would've sooner stayed in camp than come.

Nerves wind his muscles tight, until a dull ache settles in them. The noise rings in his ear, a confusing cacophony that he cannot make sense of. Worse yet, there is something off about tonight. Instead of Briarstar, her son who she'd pronounced as her deputy last gathering sits atop the Great Rock... Had the spiky-furred she-cat fallen ill, or suffered injuries grave enough to prohibit her from attending? Surely, she couldn't have lost all nine of her lives so quickly?

Even more worrying, the ShadowClan deputy seems too friendly with Sootstar for it to be simple niceties. Beesong feels that a storm is brewing overhead. They glance towards the sky, but the stars remain unobstructed, glittering coldly overhead.

Despite the anxiety coiling in their gut, Beesong forces themselves into the fray. The purpose of a gathering is to socialize, is it not?

The first cats he stumbles across are a tuxedo tom and a stark white tom, both of which smelling strongly of the swamp. Beesong tries not to gag, and smiles at them. "Hello," he greets. Figuring that it's a perfect opportunity to inquire about Briarstar's absence, the cinnamon tabby says, "How is Briarstar? Don't tell me she's lost all nine lives so soon?" It's meant to be a lighthearted quip, but too late, Beesong realizes how cruel it might sound. He grimaces slightly, lips pursing. "Sorry. That was rude, wasn't it?"

[ interacting with @Frostbite and @GOOSEWOBBLE ! ]

a soft smile of greeting would be granted to the riverclanner, as goosewobble moved to close the gap between the newly formed trio. having a clanmate by his side made this ordeal easier to undergo. with his initial question, he takes a moment to formulate a response. "oh uh-" paws would shift uneasily as he cast a glance to where pitchstar stood, mingling with the other leaders. he was hesitant, to be honest with the riverclanner, but he was just their medicinecat. there was no harm in sharing with the medicinecat right? after all, perhaps bonejaw had already mentioned it during their medicinecat meeting and he was simply unaware. "y-yes. pitchstar is our leader now." while the comment may have been rude, goosewobble doesn't allow himself to grow concerned by it. how else would beesong know unless he asked? it would be public knowledge as soon as the gathering started anyway. "it's alright. you didn't know. everyone's about to find out anyways."

- interacting with @BEESONG && @Frostbite

She follows Shadow Clan into the gathering, her first ever. She sticks close behind her aunt as they make their way down into the hollow, though she also stays near Granitepaw as well, pressing closer to him when Bonejaw leaves to go and conduct her own business. What that business was, the black and white molly was uncertain. She sits next to the other apprentice, a small distance behind him while he speaks to other apprentices. She doesn’t say a word, only watches with curious green eyes.

She is content to just watch, to just listen to the chatter around her. Her ears prick at a familiar voice though, her head turns. No. It couldn’t be. She had believed him to be dead. ‘Slitherpaw!’ Someone calls out and she knows it’s him. She can only stare, dumbfounded. Emotions flood through her, threatening to overwhelm her, threatening to make her cry in front of all these strange cats. Her mouth opens in a silent ‘o’ shape, lost for words. It felt like a punch in the gut. How could he have left without saying anything? How could he do this to her? To their family. She feels relief that he is okay followed swiftly by a bitter resentment that he had done this. How could he be so cruel?

// @GRANITEPAW @SLITHERPAW

He didn't expect the riverclan medicine cat to approach him. Not that it bothered him, mind. He dipped his head in greeting to Beesong.

"Hello." He replied.

The next question made him blink in surprise. Ah. Right. Not everyone knew about......That, yet. How to go about this.......

"Well.....You see........"

Hmmmm...... Frostbite wasn't a tactful person. Thank stars Goosewobble is here.

"It's as Goosewobble says.." He said, with an air of unease about him.

"It......it was very bad." He said, shifting uncomfortably. "Don't.....go near the thunderpath." He added. He figured it could be reminded.

He shook his head and sighed.

"It's gonna be an interesting gathering."

@GOOSEWOBBLE @BEESONG

Her getaway was short lived, and as soon as she feels the anxiety's flame dwindle, it reignites with vengance as a brown tabby pops up, near cornering her. Her voice is chipper, but still makes her uncomfortable with the amount of chattering going on (oh, she should have never came). She struggles to regain her composure, nodding silently as Acorn states that she smells like Riverclan. "I- I don't recall..." she admits sheepishly, face flushing in embarrassment. She didn't remember much of Thunder staying with her clan, other than watching Riverclanners rush out of camp to save those trapped in a burning deathtrap. "I'm Koi- Koipaw. Whats your name?"

Theres eyes on the back of her that makes her fur prickle, shuddering as she searched for the culprit. Another younger woman, jet black with sharp, angry eyes. She wants to flinch away from it, but her paws move on her own and gesture for Ravenpaw to come over and introduce herself. Koi's so tired, she feels like as soon as she gets back she'll nap for ages.

// interacting with @ACORN and @ravenpaw
"speech"​