border MY PASSION PRECEDES ME — trespassers

A belated arrival leaves his claws wanting, angry to be pricked into damp earth rather than someone's skin. "Damned bottom feeders!" the deputy snarls toward the fleeing forms, rat-like in their craven retreat to the moors. Wellsprings of ire roil beneath his fur, a seething exhalation passes through grit teeth. It'd do no good to give them chase; the violent confrontation is in its twilight, and tending to ShadowClan's wounds takes precedence. Grudgingly, yet dutifully, his regard diverts from the WindClan patrol and turns upon Orchidbloom—a maimed, profusely-bleeding Orchidbloom.

A cavity rests where a pallid eye should. Her fur bristled indignantly in waning ferocity, and those white strands on her profile now part and curl from spilt blood. They've found refuge behind their leader's stalwart stance, yet for a wound so ghastly, it's imperitave to usher them back to camp, lest they bleed out. The sight offends the tom greatly, has his stomach performing somersaults over a mess already made. But it doesn't ruffle him as severely as the stink upon his palate. WindClan once more drags their wicked paws about the border and spoils the very air that ShadowClan breathes.

With @BLOODPAW in tow, torn from training by the skirmish's din, Smogmaw draws closer to the cloister of clanmates. Last moment of combat he'd caught was the blow upon to Orchidbloom, but Betonyfrost's efforts to overpower her squirming adversary went noticed as well. She should've finished the job, raked her claws from shoulder-to-shoulder. Still, commendable tenacity, however laggard—he isn't one to speak, anyhow, seeing as he couldn't get here in time. He notes Singepaw's presence too, his other apprentice who'd gone on this patrol instead, and feels relatively relieved at the lack of substantial wounds.

"You look bad," the tom meows, Orchidbloom's void staring right back at him, even if she did not look at him directly. "And you need help, now. Can you walk?" Amber eyes flit Chilledstar's way then, anticipating a response determine their course. Not just apropos Orchidbloom—the de facto peace brought by Sunstar's leadership has been shaken. Infractions like this cannot be handled with nonchalance.

Their good eye stares after the retreating forms of the Windclanners. Their own assailant flips on to their paws and bolts. Orchidbloom hopes they see the hurt, the rage spreading across their face as she looks back, meets their singular eye for just a second and then continues to run.

Would I have done the same? Would I have taken an eye? The Windclanner wasn't exactly readable. Orchid hopes they feel disgusting. I would feel disgusting, too.

An exhale. Their anger evaporates as the adrenaline begins to finally dissipate fully, blooming in to unbridled pain. Orchid had never been the loud type, scream out when you get hit, but now? Something akin to a keening noise rips itself ungracefully from their throat, slumping further in to the ground. Claws unsheath and dig in to the ground because Stars if she doesn't ground herself shes so afraid shes going to end up dying.

I want to go home? The pain clouds their thoughts. Which way is home? Was it to the left, the right? In front, behind? Where even are they? Am I still alive? The only confirmation they have is the fire that spreads further and further across their face.

You look bad. For a second, Orchid thinks its a Starclan warrior here to take them away; an angel in all their muddled glory, but its just Smogmaw. His presence is more welcomed, in fact. Can you walk, can you walk? "I don't know." their voice is high-pitched, betraying the pain, betraying their fear. I don't know.

They want to go home. They want their eye back. They wish they never even stepped in to the battle.

• 80192257_BM5b2gMLix2zWQF.png
    orchidkit, orchidpaw, orchidbloom
    demi-girl ,, she/they ,, 15 months
    warrior of shadowclan ,, formerly mentored by forestshade
    lanky yet fluffy cinnamon smoke she-cat with wide blue eyes
    "speech, d1afed" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, mates with raggedbite
    smells like lilies and iris'
    chibi by I-IALCY0N ,, penned by chuff

*+:。.。 Singepaw lived for this. The attack during his failed mission had been a fluke, he was certain of it, as the boy now knew there was nothing tastier than a shot of adrenaline igniting fire through his veins. Nothing could make him think more clearly, could have him working harder, than the taste of victory. Singepaw is all teeth as he shoves the girl down, her calico fur a mess of ugly browns and garish reds - man, Windclan sure knew how to cough 'em up! "Mine's a joke? Yours can't even hunt in your own territory!" Singepaw was normally more easily affected by taunts and jeers, but Brackenpaw's insults were as pathetic as her clan-mates ability to hunt - I mean, if Shadowclan was such garbage, why did Windclan come groveling for a bite? "Only rotting waste around here is right in front of me" he spits, only to let out a hiss of pain as dodges one second too slow. Claws luckily only graze his leg, but it's enough to draw blood. "I'll see you in the carrion place, rat-" he begins, aiming to bite at her leg while it's still extended. A clumsy blow, one that opened plenty of vulnerable spots like his neck and shoulder, but the boy was already distracted.

He drops his assault, eyes wide when Orchidboom's horrified scream cracks through the air. He stares in horror as his clanmate clutches at her face, the sudden reminder of how deadly border skirmishes can be finally hitting the boy. "Your clan is full of monsters" he spits at Brackenpaw, aiming one last weak swipe at her before bounding after his clanmates.

Coming to stand beside his mentor, Singepaw would dance on nervous paws. He shoots a momentary look at Smogmaw, anxiety manifesting in a sudden, breathless need to get his mentor's acknowledgment. Did you see me out there? Did I do good? Did I? but luckily, he bit his tongue. Now wasn't the time to act like a nervous kitten - he, he could do this!
"Tell me what to do, Smogmaw! Do I - I should get - I should go get Starlingheart, right? I can do that!" he babbles, bouncing on his feet, rearing to go. Anything would be better than just, lingering here, watching Orchidbloom bleed before him. Starclan - they took her eye!

• //brief interaction with @Brackenpaw ((I'm so sorry this is so late sobb))

• GENERAL:
    Singepaw
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    8 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x Duckshimmer (brother to Swallowpaw, Sneezepaw)
    Shadowclan — Kit
    Apprenticed to Smogmaw

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack inbold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: none