storage pikai's character hub

May 16, 2023
This storage is where I'll be showing off all the characters I'm currently playing. If you'd like to plot with any of them, feel free to dm me on discord (pikaihao) or drop into one of my character's channels on their clan servers!

Roleplay boundaries:
  • Peaceful, friendly, or healing powerplay is fine for all of my characters unless stated otherwise!
  • I'm fine with spontaneous violent actions towards my characters, but in battle threads I prefer to hash out the interaction over DMs or in the Discord server(s). I'm down for rolling for attacks/injuries, pre-planning outcomes, etc.
  • Definitely feel free to tag my characters where they're needed, e.g. mentor/apprentice tags. OOCly, and feel free to ping me in the clan Discord servers too!
  • I love being surprised with private or pafp threads, as long as they're not too plot heavy!
  • All of my character's actions and opinions are IC only, but like everyone I draw from my own experiences to write them better.
  • Please don't feel pressured to match me if I wrote a lot for a post!

My characters & roleplay-relevant information:

Cherryblossom. Warrior of SkyClan. Biography (Toyhou.se)
ZJLx3iq.png

pRQ6n6x.png

A vain, fickle thing to get along with. Highly-judgemental; first impressions matter a lot to her, as does outward appearance. Easy to talk to (a socialite at heart) but difficult to truly befriend. Loyal when it matters to those she cares about though.

Smells of cloyingly sweet pine sap, fresh hyacinth flowers
Sounds wine-rich and a little deeper than expected, shrill when loud
— September post count: 3 / 15

Downyfur. (Tunneler) Warrior of WindClan. Biography (Toyhou.se)
aM0rEPG.png

TwFM5Tx.png

Easily befriended, slow to trust. With a mild temper and kind eyes, Downyfur could get along with just about anyone. To others they might be characterized by their thoughtfulness, a trait borne from both empathy and paranoia.

Smells of mellow chamomile flowers, cool and damp dirt
Sounds on the higher end, carefully controlled but pleasant and clear
— September post count: 2 / 15

Last edited:
Urto6U5.png

CHERRYKIT CHERRYPAW CHERRYBLOSSOM ; a path and a name chosen on her own
    — cisgender female / feminine terms preferred
    — deputy of skyclan
    — 16 moons old / ages every 25th / created 05.23.2023
    — orangestar x ashenclaw / littermate to glimmersun, eggbounce, tawnyclaw, and owlheart
    ZJLx3iq.png

pRQ6n6x.png

— lesbian / taken, padding after edenberry

APPEARANCE
    beyond her vibrant fur and haughty expression, the first thing cats usually notice about cherryblossom is her exceedingly well-groomed pelt.

PERSONALITY
    tba
    A WELL-GROOMED, LONGHAIRED CALICO WITH PALE YELLOW EYES / TOYHOU.SE
    It is not her natural features that make Cherryblossom beautiful, but the work she puts into herself. Her patched coat is as polished as a kittypet's, if not a little coarser from her comparatively rugged life. You couldn't catch a claw in a thousand swipes through her pelt with how neatly-groomed she keeps it. Beneath her lovingly-maintained pelt lies the musculature of any clan cat, standing upon well-muscled legs that put her just above the height of the average domestic feline at about 10 inches (25 cm) at the shoulder.

Her coat is a tapestry embroidered in the colors of her family. Predominantly a slightly-off white, this milky color and the paler orange of her sunset hues are from her mother, Orangeblossom. She has thick, ruddy stripes hidden well within her orange splotches. Her third color, a faded black like well-worn jeans, comes from the darkest hues of her father, Ashenclaw.

Cherryblossom smells like hyacinth flowers because she weaves them into her nest, but on occasion you can spot her wearing the pale blue flowers she or someone else has woven into her fur. Sometimes she nestles the wing of a red admiral butterfly behind her right ear; its edges are a little chipped with wear.

Scars:
    Long, straight scars on her flanks, three on the right and one on the left, usually hidden by long fur; from an eagle in the mountains Little Wolf died saving her from.
    Bite marks on her lower right foreleg; from a rogue in a border skirmish.
    Torn left ear; from Doompaw in a border skirmish.
    Bite marks on her right thigh, usually hidden by long fur; from a fox in the pair that killed Orangestar.

LH tortoiseshell with high white (25% Maine coon; carrying chocolate, dilute, point)
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    Intelligence
    Confidence
    Charisma
    Creativity
    Empathy
    Humor
    ESFJ - "THE CONSUL" / TRUE NEUTRAL
    TYPE 4W3 - "THE ARISTOCRAT" / CHOLERIC / III. THE EMPRESS
    ( LOVABLE ) ALPHA BITCH / BE YOURSELF / TSUNDERE
    ( + ) confident, affectionate, courageous, dutiful
    ( \ ) stubborn, aggressive, demanding, decisive
    ( - ) vain, petty, shallow, temperamental, spiteful, self-centered
    eDeKeax.png

Massive extrovert. If Cherryblossom isn't talking to her friends, then she's talking to her acquaintances, and if she isn't talking to anyone she knows, she'll seek out any stranger ever to have a conversation with. Even negative interactions are entertaining, so she'll talk to those she dislikes in hopes of provoking them too.
    Cannot stand being left alone with her own thoughts and doesn't know how to sit quietly with herself. She hasn't really processed her role in Little Wolf's death, and she drowns out her inner voice with everyone else's.​

Has the confidence/arrrogance to view herself as the sole arbiter of her fate. She loathes being reminded of the fact that someone has given their life to save hers twice now, and because of it she is determined not to let anyone else interfere again. Cherryblossom hates being helped unprompted, and she seldom asks for it.

Despite this, she loves helping others, which for her is more like giving unsolicited advice or pressing at what she thinks is a problem. It's not consciously out of a place of empathy; it's just what she does. Of course, she finds it annoying when it's turned on her.

Very judgemental, especially in regards to first impressions. The exterior is a direct reflection of the interior to Cherryblossom, which is why she maintains herself as excessively as she does. She looks down on messy-furred cats because of this, and sometimes this even extends to injured ones if she believes them capable of having avoided it.

Her experiences on the yellowcough journey are fundamental to her view on other clans. Cherryblossom is relatively blase about clan boundaries; while she's as eager as the next SkyClanner to jump into an inter-clan battle, she doesn't hold it against them or hate them out of dogma. She's a proud SkyClan warrior, but she surprisingly doesn't look down on entire groups for who they are. She'd rather look down on specific individuals.

Bullying is fun and, more importantly, it's easy to be a hater. She's an avid gossiper and tends to be a little nosy. Sleuthing and speculating are both enjoyable for her, as long as she has someone else to do it with.

Is not as obstinate as one would think about her duties. Cherryblossom knows she can be catty and snooty, but it has never stopped her from being a capable warrior. Of course, she also thinks she's justified in being catty and snooty. In general, she's a very "work hard, play hard" kind of character and doesn't pay too much attention to scrutiny or rules as long as she thinks she's on the right track.

Adores being the center of attention. Some of this stems from having a deputy for a mother and seven other siblings (both biological and adopted) to compete with as a child. She liked Ashenclaw enough, but she finds that she relates more to her mother, and therefore vies harder for her attention.
    Her mentor's dismissive treatment of her didn't help with either this or her ability to regulate her emotions. She's always unflappably confident, dissimive or snappish at worst, and hardly ever anything else. Cherryblossom has always acted like she has never needed external validation, and now she acts like that because she thinks she has to. She kind of wants to be told that she's doing well, even after everything she's messed up.​

Feels very strongly that only the living give death any meaning, and she strives to live for and be true to herself. Absolutely loathes the guilt that came with Little Wolf's death and her role in it, and she vehemently does not want anyone else to feel the same. She expresses this opinion pretty unkindly, and while she'll do her best to defend others, she does not believe in meaningless sacrifice.

Acts on impulse and doesn't often think before she speaks, which is an extension of her confidence in her own behavior and effect on others.

Her lack of empathy and obsessive nature make her capable of unbounded hatred. She loves hard and hates harder. Cherryblossom is someone who needs to personally experience a bad thing or have it happen to one of her loved ones to truly empathize. Needs a moral compass or a pet figure to remind her to do what she knows is "right."

Fears thunderstorms and wide open spaces. Becomes snappier and all-around shorter tempered when forced into these situations; talks to offload some of these anxieties. Her fear of thunderstorms is subconscious due to kithood trauma, and her fear of open areas is due to almost being carried away by an eagle on the yellowcough journey and seeing Little Wolf killed by it.

Inspired by: Nobara Kugisaki (Jujustu Kaisen), Margo Hanson (The Magicians)

Emphasizes many of her words to draw attention to her speech and herself. Made grooming herself a habit and can often be seen absentmindedly doing it in conversation. Runs her paws through her cheek fur like she's brushing her hair.
    TAKEN ; HOMOSEXUAL MONOGAMIST ; CRUSHING ON LUPINESONG, PADDING AFTER EDENBERRY
    Cherryblossom can be a fickle thing to get along with. Whether a character befriends her or gets on her nerves depends on how they encounter each other ic'ly, and first impressions are astoundingly long-lasting for her. Despite her petty nature, she has a relatively open mind when it comes to "undesirables" like kittypets or rogues.
    SOUNDS strident, wine-rich, shrill when loud, luscious when quiet. Voiceclaim
    SMELLS OF sharp hyacinth buds and sweet pine sap
    ——— Speech is #f0839c
    eDeKeax.png

ORANGESTAR xx ASHENCLAW ; sister to Tawnyclaw, Owlheart, Glimmersun, and Eggbounce ; milk-sister to Doompaw, Abysspaw, and Sorrelpaw ; niece to Honeysplash, Cloudberrythorn, Applefrost, and Apricotflower | mentoring no one, mentored by Slate
    NOTABLE FRIENDS: Lupinesong, Spiderpaw†, Edenberry, Crowsight, Scorchstorm
    NOTABLE ENEMIES: Doompaw, Plaguepaw, Falcongaze
    IMPORTANT THREADS / ( ) INTERACTION ( ) DEVELOPMENT

GREENLEAF 2023
    05.28. WHEN THE SUN LOVES THE MOON birthing thread
    06.04. MONEY, POWER, GLORY spiderpaw gives her a brief lesson on beauty, one of many
    06.09. SETTING FIRE TO OUR LUNGS snowpath dies saving butterflytuft, plaguekit, and cherrykit
    06.19. FEATHER CANYONS talks about mothers and strength with lupinekit
    06.24. OTHER SIDE OF PARADISE reveals prodigious climbing skill as a kitten
    07.01. WATCHFUL EYES crowkit comforts cherrykit in camp as windclan attacks the border
    07.09. JEEP WRANGLER GRILL bullies falconkit over his sewer smell
    07.17. MANIFEST scolded for trying to beat plaguepaw to death
    07.21. VENUS HEADS cherrykit grieves spiderpaw's death by taking her hyacinth flowers
    08.01. IT'S TIME TO STRAP OUR BOOTS ON cherrypaw is apprenticed to slate
    08.01. HAND GRENADE PINS IN EVERY LINE immediately fights doompaw over nests
    08.01. EARNING BRIGHT SPOILS first outing with slate, refuses to mark the "dirty" borders
    08.04. WHAT'S IN YOUR HEAD? auburnflame gifts her a feather
    08.05. CHICKEN TENDERS IN MY HOTEL encourages lupinepaw to climb a tree
    08.08. FEELS LIKE SUMMER human au!
    08.10. DISSOLVE badly loses one of her first spars to falconpaw
    08.15. A SONG FOR SUMMER first gathering, meets howlingstar and little wolf with orangeblossom
    08.15. FIRE: THE PEOPLE befriends scorchpaw at the gathering
    08.27. SHE HANGS BRIGHTLY lupinepaw helps her through a panic attack during a thunderstorm

LEAF-FALL 2023
    09.04. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL pokemon au!
    09.06. HERE IN THE GARDEN hangs out with edenpaw for an afternoon
    09.10. AND NOW MY WATCH BEGINS volunteers for the yellowcough journey
    09.11. BAD IDEA RIGHT? slaps falconpaw after he accidentally bites lupinepaw's tail too hard
    09.13. CIRCLE THE DRAIN lupinepaw gets yellowcough and uses up the last of the lungwort
    09.13. BABY FLY BACK TO ME argues with orangeblossom about going on the journey
    09.15. A CREATURE WITHOUT DREAM says goodbye to lupinepaw
    09.15. PUSHING THE TIDES the gathering; discovers scorchpaw is going on the journey too
    09.17. THERE'S A PLACE OFF OCEAN AVENUE crosses a broken bridge with scorchpaw
    09.25. PULSE-ECHO OF THIS PENETRABLE DARK offers scorchpaw her tail to sleep with in the caves
    10.10. TOO BOLD AND BRIGHT A THING little wolf dies saving her from an eagle
    10.10. DUST TO DUST little wolf's vigil
    10.22. HOW THE HEART STOPS LIKE A CAR scorchpaw gifts her the wing of a red admiral butterfly
    10.25. DON'T LET ME DOWN stays behind with stormpaw when the journey cats split up
    11.02. AS IT WAS sees highstones again, reflects on her own development on the journey
    11.03. A HUNDRED ANGELS return to skyclan
    11.14. I WILL BEG shirks her duties with edenpaw in the twolegplace

LEAF-BARE 2023
    12.03. TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT NOW tells howlfire's kits about windclan and the journey
    12.08. I'M AWAKE marvels at butterflytuft's kits' first words with edenpaw
    12.19. BEAUTY SCHOOL VALEDICTORIAN teaches others about accessories with lupinepaw
    12.27. BABY, DON'T HURT ME realizes that she has a crush(es?) after talking with figfeather
    01.04. FIVE BREATHS covers for drowsypaw's absence on a hunting patrol
    01.16. YOU DON'T KNOW MY KIND insults slate over his rogue past
    01.23. SOMETHING BAD IS 'BOUT TO HAPPEN TO ME fights off some rogues with fang, a loner
    01.29. PYRRHIC VICTORY tries to comfort edenpaw and lupinepaw following blazestar's death
    01.29. THE MOON WILL SING blazestar's vigil
    02.04. OUR UN-READINESS lupinepaw reveals she's padding after falconpaw
    02.14. PINNED TO AN EVENING ROAD edenpaw confesses their love; starts padding after edenpaw
    02.21. EVERY LITTLE THING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT ashenclaw's death

NEWLEAF 2024
    03.01. IT WAS JUST A YEAR AGO musings on her reaction to her father's death during a joining
    03.02. MASTER OF MY PAIN cherrypaw and falconpaw take out some anger on each other
    03.03. FALLOWGRAY scuffles with her old-rival-turned-rogue doompaw at the border
    HUNTING: clueless. Expand on amnt. of knowledge.
    CLIMBING: novice. cherrypaw is naturally gifted at climbing, having been scaling things since kithood. however, she lacks the skill and technique a skyclan warrior should have.

TRACKING: clueless. Expand on amnt. of knowledge.
    COMBAT: novice. her belligerent nature and mentor give her insight, but she has a lot to learn. she fights with all her heart, which makes her easy to get the logical better of.

Last edited:
pHlK8hT.png

DOWNY DOWNYKIT DOWNYPAW DOWNYFUR ; an innocuous, harmless, and therefore useful name
    — demigirl / neutral or feminine terms preferred
    — tunneler warrior of windclan / mentoring no one
    — 12 moons old / ages every 8th / created 08.20.2023
    — "brightshine x heavy snow" / littermate to pinkshine
    aM0rEPG.png

TwFM5Tx.png

— pansexual / single, open to plots

APPEARANCE
    mostly covered in pale, plush fur, downyfur sports smoky black points and a line of white cutting through their face down across their chest and belly. they're noticably tiny for a cat, even with their long hair, with small paws and a relatively fragile frame. two scars, almost touching their wide eye, cross their face. big, square-ish eyes and large ears lend their features a cute appearance, paired with their diminutive size. they're consistently a little dirty from the tunnels, but they try to take care of their fur when they can.

PERSONALITY
    a nondescript sort of cat whose only notable feature is being small and cute. they easily make friends, not because they are naturally drawn to other cats, but because they fear being ostracized in any way. innately discerning and clever, they're always studying other characters and the world around in hopes of gleaning more ways to integrate themself deeper into the new windclan society. downyfur is a creature governed by fear, but nonetheless they try to hold onto their kithood compassion.
    A TINY, PUFFY, MONOCHROMATIC SEAL POINT WITH DEEP BLUE EYES / TOYHOU.SE
    A soot-stained piece of dandelion fluff upon the moors, or a little lost raincloud trying to blend in with the hills: Downypaw is, from anyone's first impression, just a cute cat. They're almost kit-like in their diminutive stature (about 6 inches at the shoulder, or 16 cm), with little legs sticking out from a puffy winter jacket. Such an appearance leads them to not being taken seriously sometimes, and it frustrates them as often as it blesses them. (You're welcome for your character to IC'ly mistake them for a kit!)

Downypaw's parentage lends them a few traits at odds with the rest of their WindClan family. They have Pollenfur's wispy fur, markedly different from Heavy Snow's thick pelt under scrutiny, and her square-shaped eyes. Their petite figure, violet-tinged irises, and blue-gray fur are Hyacinthbreath's. Her purebred kittypet heritage lies in their facial structure, which very much resembles a Singapura's: they have wide eyes and large, deeply cupped ears. Like Pollenfur, they have a resting melancholic expression. Their whiskers are long, white, and slightly curved: perfect for sensing with in the tunnels.

They have a mild pollen allergy. It manifests in increased itching on the body and face during Newleaf, as well as some sneezing, but no runny nose or eye discharge. These effects are reduced due to the amount of time they spend underground along with regular grooming.

Scars:
    Two thin marks near their left eye, one almost crossing the inner corner, one right beneath and striking through the freckle on their cheek; from Juncopaw while fighting in the final battle of the WindClan civil war.

LH seal point with low white (carrying chocolate, dilute)
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡
    ♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Intelligence
    Confidence
    Charisma
    Creativity
    Empathy
    Humor
    INTJ - "THE ARCHITECT" / LAWFUL NEUTRAL
    TYPE 9 - "THE PEACEMAKER" / MELANCHOLIC / I. THE MAGICIAN
    SHORTER MEANS SMARTER / CONSUMATE LIAR / I JUST WANT TO HAVE FRIENDS
    ( + ) empathetic, thoughtful, courteous, curious, articulate
    ( \ ) people-pleasing, cautious, obedient, unobtrusive, secretive
    ( - ) sensitive, insecure, rigid, manipulative, deceitful, overthinker
    eDeKeax.png

Downypaw is almost defined by the multiple ways WindClan has been torn apart in their childhood. They were three moons old when the rogues drove them out of camp, and they were five when DuskClan tore out a bloody chunk of their home.
    It manifests in them as acute shame. Something is always wrong: with them, with their family, with their clan, with their world. They can't hope to control the world, but they can control themself, and they've seen that others can be controlled as well. Downypaw doesn't just thrive on stability, they breathe it.​

They are a child who learned that they'll only feel safe or loved if they make everyone else happy. As an adult, they don't know who they are and don't trust themself to make their own decisions.

Believes she is inherently useless, and whatever meaning her life holds has been assigned to her by others. Downypaw just wants to be useful. She has the capacity to see through manipulation; what she latches on to are the ideals, morals, and motivations of others, then convinces herself that she believes in it too. They like being told what to do, but in broad, sweeping terms, so they can decide just how to do it.
    Sort of just wants a purpose in life. They recognize that all of their major decisions have been made in fear or by others, and that isn't what life should be.​

kind of classically toxic. tries to never take fault for anything because they're so afraid of being persecuted ("i'm sorry you feel that way," "i was only trying to help you," and other gaslighting statements). she often has good intentions and genuinely believes in doing the best by others though, but only when she can do so without sacrificing her own interests.

well-spoken and eloquent even as a young cat, almost never puts their foot in their mouth. they think before they speak, and they speak at an even, controlled tempo. they're not particularly talkative, but can appear that way if they think them talking more will lead to their conversation partner(s) talking more.
    subconsciously, they approach every conversation like a chance to gather more information.​

tends to freeze up in high stress situations, but as they're growing out of this as they grow older. they need someone to tell them to do something in order to un-freeze, or to know an even bigger threat is coming for them if they don't act.

needs to feel like they belong somewhere. under no circumstance do they ever want to be ostracized as they were on their way to becoming under sootstar on account of their "traitorous" family, and as said family was actually ostracized, exiled, or otherwise driven out. they do their best to be a friendly face towards everyone, but not so friendly they would ever be noticed for such. they try to straddle the line of being a friend and an acquaintance with everybody, but even so, they long for genuine connection and to feel protected.

downypaw finds many of their kinder actions, and how they're perceived in windclan as one of the "nicer" cats, stems not from a truly altruistic place, but one that fears the dislike and criticism of others. they do the "right" thing because it will earn them goodwill from others, and if something is of real consequence for them they might prioritize themself above even their loved ones. still, they find it very easy to know what the "right" thing to do or say is.
    on the other side, they find it difficult to believe anyone else does anything out of pure altruism either. they view all other cats as mostly self-interested despite their good intentions, and they hate trusting others with vital information because they're afraid of what they might do with it when desperate. they think that given the chance, everyone would become the worst versions of themselves.​

Inspired by: Armin Arlert (Attack on Titan), Radu Dragwyla (And I Darken)

Curls their tail around their heels when nervous. Always wears a pleasant smile or expression on their face around others, contrary to their resting melancholic expression. Their face is almost never relaxed, but since it is almost never relaxed, observers are not likely to notice because their resting face is hardly ever seen anyway. Always glancing around but never turning their head; inconspicuous with their observation.
    SINGLE ; SEXUALITY UNKNOWN ; INTERESTED IN NO ONE, OPEN TO FUTURE PLOTS AND PUPPY CRUSHES
    TBA
    SOUNDS higher-pitched, but carefully controlled. Voiceclaim
    SMELLS OF cool earth and chamomile flowers
    ——— Speech is #9ba8d5
    eDeKeax.png

POLLENFUR xx HYACINTHBREATH ; knows only Brightshine and Heavy Snow as parents; littermate to Finchpaw and Rose† | unknowing milk-sister and cousin to Pinkpaw and Heathpaw ( family tree ) | mentoring no one, mentored by Rattleheart, formerly mentored by Sootspot
    NOTABLE FRIENDS: Bearpaw†
    NOTABLE ENEMIES: none

LEAF-FALL 2023
    09.08. AWAY FROM THE SUN downy, finch, and rose are born in the horseplace; rose dies a few days later
    10.08. PRAYER OF THE REFUGEE heavy snow protects their litter as rogues drive windclan out
    10.24. ONLY AS A DOUBTFUL GUEST talks to fallowkit about "home" in shadowclan's camp
    11.03. SHOULD I CHOOSE A NOBLE OCCUPATION? periwinklebreeze's and sedgepounce's return
    11.06. HALF-LIT GRASS convinced by rivepaw to sneak out and caught by sedgepounce
    11.15. RIGHTEOUS SIDE OF HELL the aftermath of the loyalists' attack on smokestar at highstones
    11.21. METAL CRUSHER sootstar berates pinkpaw over requesting her siblings become moor runners
    11.21. TAKE WHAT YOU LEARNED sootspot admonishes downypaw for their failure to stop pinkpaw
    11.23. MY HEADS NOT YOURS "spars" bearpaw as a punishment from sootspot

LEAF-BARE 2023
    12.02. GRINNING TEETH riverclan splashes their patrol; they realize how much riverclan hates windclan
    12.02. EYE FOR AN EYE shivering, discusses riverclan's actions after the patrol
    12.05. I DON'T LOVE YOU sootspot chases them underground during sunstride's rebellion to "save" them
    12.05. SEASON OF SKINNY CANDLES oneshot; goes to sleep next to lilacstem's corpse
    12.10. WANING SUNSET cottonpaw secretly helps them grieve and forms an escape plan
    01.06. WINTER BLOSSOMS escapes loyalist windclan with cottonfang
    01.06. HOME FREE arrives, exhausted, at the horseplace with cottonfang and reunites with their family
    01.24. PRAY I DON'T GET UP injured by juncopaw in final battle to retake windclan from sootstar
    02.04. HOME IS THE FIRST GRAVE cowers from the mob and sunstride executing sootstar
    02.06. TOSS YOUR CARDS sunstride decides to reassign them to rattleheart after a conversation
    02.11. I WON'T LET YOU DOWN sunstar officially reassigns them to rattleheart, to their distrust

NEWLEAF 2024
    03.08. THE HUNGER IN YOUR HAUNT forcibly reflects on their time in sootstar's loyalist windclan
    03.10. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS discovers their pollen allergy
    TUNNELING: novice. Expand on amnt. of knowledge.

TRACKING: novice. Expand on amnt. of knowledge.
    COMBAT: clueless. Expand on amnt. of knowledge.

Last edited:
82tm5Z9.png

HOWLKIT HORIZONKIT HORIZONPAW ; to match his sisters' names; where the sky and stars say hello
    — cisgender male / masculine or neutral terms preferred
    — apprentice of riverclan / mentored by salmonshade
    — 6 moons old / ages every 25th / created 12.05.2023
    — hazecloud x lichenstar / littermate to twinklepaw, eveningpaw, and snowflakekit†
    — undecided orientation / single, open to plots
    cYejIG3.png

APPEARANCE
    horizonpaw is a scruffy, shorthaired, stone-colored tabby with deep green eyes. he is very average-sized, but he has proportionally long limbs and a long tail that make him seem taller if he's not around others. even as an adult, horizonpaw will remain a little gangly and awkward, which isn't helped by his generally messy demeanor. he's not outright disheveled most of the time, but it's clear he grooms himself a bit less than the average riverclanner, but it's mitigated a little by the sleekness from his fishy diet.

PERSONALITY
    despite rarely speaking, it's quite easy to tell what horizonpaw is thinking at any given moment. he is plagued by social anxiety and consistently betrayed by his face, which he wears his heart on. because of this, or maybe as a consequence of it, he's an independent creature, preferring to shoulder everything on his own and rarely seeking out the social connection of riverclan. one easy way to get him to open up, however, is catering to his fascination with snails.
    A SCRUFFY BLUE TABBY WITH WHITE SPLASHES AND GREEN EYES / TOYHOU.SE
    usually found messy-furred and unkempt, horizonkit's fur will begin to smooth out with a steady diet of fish and just the nature of being short-haired. even so, maintaining it isn't anywere near the top on his list of priorities; in this respect he's very much like lichentail. horizonkit is gangly, even as a kitten, with long limbs and a longer tail that give him the illusion of being tall despite his incredibly average height.

his jaw is wide-set, giving his face a squared-off look with no long cheek fur to hide it. his ears are on the shorter, squatter side, but his nose is a hair longer than average, giving his features an otter- or bear-like appearance. inlaid in his face are wide green eyes startlingly similar to hazecloud's; an astute observer would notice they're about the same in every way, from shape to color to size. differing from either mother is horizonkit's pelt, lined with hazy stripes against a blue-gray backdrop, and his pelt, notably his face, is speckled with white.

genetically, horizonkit is a shorthaired blue tabby with low white (carrying longhair, cinnamon, solid, point).
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡
    intelligence
    confidence
    charisma
    creativity
    empathy
    humor
    ISFP - "THE ADVENTURER" / CHAOTIC GOOD
    TYPE ? - "THE ???" / ??? / ?. ???
    ??? / ??? / ???
    ( + ) loyal, genuine, perceptive, resourceful
    ( \ ) quiet, honest, independent, determined, single-minded
    ( - ) blunt, awkward, standoffish, greedy
    eDeKeax.png

the first thing most notice about horizonkit is that he is quiet, a trait made up some combination of social anxiety and a genuine lack of interest in the going-ons of others. lichentail's reserved nature is seemingly passed onto her son, who avoids strangers on principle but explodes with word around his kin. with the lack of practice comes difficulty figuring out the nuances of everyday conversation, which enocurages him to avoid it even further, a vicious cycle that perpetuates his taciturn nature.

pretty much incapable of lying. will not be in threads whose plots he may derail! he wears his emotions on his pelt and doesn't seem capable of hiding them, when he's truly feeling something at least. he expresses himself when he feels like it and has difficulty hiding when he doesn't. though his tongue isn't expressive, his face sure is.
    he has never been taught that hiding his emotions is a bad thing. horizonkit may be one of the most emotionally-available cats in riverclan, if only one gets to talking with him at all. his honesty is his openness.​

obsessed with snails. will talk your ear off about them if you let him. he adores lying down to watch them at eye level and likes watching them crawl around his paw pads. collects snail shells and is trying his best to keep particular snails as pets (they keep escaping the enclosures he makes).

horizonkit got what he wanted, when he wanted, as a kit. this develops into an independent steak a tree-length wide, with him thinking his way is always the best way and that he should never have to factor in silly overhead like "rules" and the opinions of others. he still aims to do what he wants, when he wants, and he become very upset if something or someone bars him from doing so.
    he has the heart of a loner in a clan cat's body. he is not a fighter and doesn't wish to impose himself on others, but at times he resents the fact that his love for his family ties him down. the only principle he believes in is honesty, because if everyone had no secrets, they would all act in the best way for themselves, and everyone would be happy.​

very expressive face that struggles to hide emotion, but talking to him about it will likely only make him turn away or look down. whenever he is feeling uncomfortable at all, his first resort is to leave the situation, and if he can't do that, then he will seek out a loved one in the hopes they talk for him.

LEAF-BARE 2023
    12.25. THEY SANG, THEY SANG born unnamed; his sibling snowflakekit dies shortly after
    01.02. ANYTHING AT ALL kitten milestone: eyes open
    01.11. MEMORY IN THE MAKING kitten milestone: ears open
    01.25. ABOUT TO FALL, CAPTURE ME named howlkit by lichentail; "milk" is his first word
    02.12. I DON'T KNOW MY NAME AT ALL his mothers change his name to horizonkit

Last edited:
    LIU-LIU LIUA TIGERFANG ; this is fun, but nothing will ever be the same
    00.00.0000. tba
    eDeKeax.png

TIGER for the odd, thick, and dark stripes on her pelt; FANG for her skill and toothy smile
    She/her, AMAB ; homosexual monogamist
    Elder of ThunderClan, from faraway lands and once a ship cat
    One hundred and eleven moons old, ages every 28th
    nEiVLFV.png
    ZJLx3iq.png
    ⤷ Penned by Pikaihao; HEARTCHART ; PINTEREST ; PLAYLIST
    A BURLY, SCARRED GINGER AND WHITE SHE-CAT WITH DARK MARKINGS / TOYHOU.SE
    tba

scars: (in chronological order gained)
    tba

shorthaired red cameo / chocolate chimera with low white (breeds as red cameo; masking chocolate tabby; carrying longhair, dilute, solid, non-silver, sepia)
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡
    ♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡
    ♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    intelligence
    confidence
    charisma
    creativity
    empathy
    humor
    INTJ - "THE ARCHITECT" / LAWFUL NEUTRAL
    TYPE 9 - "THE PEACEMAKER" / MELANCHOLIC / I. THE MAGICIAN
    TROPE / TROPE / TROPE
    ( + ) empathetic, thoughtful, courteous, curious, articulate
    ( \ ) people-pleasing, cautious, obedient, unobtrusive, secretive
    ( - ) sensitive, insecure, rigid, manipulative, deceitful, overthinker
    eDeKeax.png

downypaw is almost defined by the multiple ways windclan has been torn apart in their childhood. they were three moons old when the rogues drove them out of camp, and they were five when duskclan tore out a bloody chunk of their home.
    it manifests in them as acute shame. something is always wrong: with them, with their family, with their clan, with their world. they can't hope to control the world, but they can control themself, and they've seen that others can be controlled as well. downypaw doesn't just thrive on stability, they breathe it.​

they are a child who learned that they'll only feel safe or loved if they make everyone else happy. as an adult, they don't know who they are and don't trust themself to make their own decisions.

believes she is inherently useless, and whatever meaning her life holds has been assigned to her by others. downypaw just wants to be useful. she has the capacity to see through manipulation; what she latches on to are the ideals, morals, and motivations of others, then convinces herself that she believes in it too. they like being told what to do, but in broad, sweeping terms, so they can decide just how to do it.
    sort of just wants a purpose in life. they recognize that all of their major decisions have been made in fear or by others, and that isn't what life should be.​

kind of classically toxic. tries to never take fault for anything because they're so afraid of being persecuted ("i'm sorry you feel that way," "i was only trying to help you," and other gaslighting statements). she often has good intentions and genuinely believes in doing the best by others though, but only when she can do so without sacrificing her own interests.

well-spoken and eloquent even as a young cat, almost never puts their foot in their mouth. they think before they speak, and they speak at an even, controlled tempo. they're not particularly talkative, but can appear that way if they think them talking more will lead to their conversation partner(s) talking more.
    subconsciously, they approach every conversation like a chance to gather more information.​

tends to freeze up in high stress situations, but as they're growing out of this as they grow older. they need someone to tell them to do something in order to un-freeze, or to know an even bigger threat is coming for them if they don't act.

needs to feel like they belong somewhere. under no circumstance do they ever want to be ostracized as they were on their way to becoming under sootstar on account of their "traitorous" family, and as said family was actually ostracized, exiled, or otherwise driven out. they do their best to be a friendly face towards everyone, but not so friendly they would ever be noticed for such. they try to straddle the line of being a friend and an acquaintance with everybody, but even so, they long for genuine connection and to feel protected.

downypaw finds many of their kinder actions, and how they're perceived in windclan as one of the "nicer" cats, stems not from a truly altruistic place, but one that fears the dislike and criticism of others. they do the "right" thing because it will earn them goodwill from others, and if something is of real consequence for them they might prioritize themself above even their loved ones. still, they find it very easy to know what the "right" thing to do or say is.
    on the other side, they find it difficult to believe anyone else does anything out of pure altruism either. they view all other cats as mostly self-interested despite their good intentions, and they hate trusting others with vital information because they're afraid of what they might do with it when desperate. they think that given the chance, everyone would become the worst versions of themselves.​

inspired by/similar to: armin arlert (attack on titan), radu dragwyla (and i darken)

curls their tail around their heels when nervous. wears a pleasant smile or expression on their face around others, contrary to their resting melancholic expression. their face is almost never relaxed, but since it is almost never relaxed, observers are not likely to notice because their resting face is hardly ever seen. always glancing around but never turning her head, inconspicuous with their observation.
    MATE TO MAGNOLIASONG ; HOMOSEXUAL MONOGAMIST
    TBA
    SOUNDS TBA. Voiceclaim
    SMELLS OF TBA
    ——— Speech is #78949c
    eDeKeax.png

SALAMANSIA xx TBA ; mother to Campionsong and Wavemoon ; adoptive mother to Swiftdawn
    NOTABLE FRIENDS: Magonliasong
    NOTABLE ENEMIES: none

LEAF-FALL 2023
    09.08. AWAY FROM THE SUN downy, finch, and rose are born in the horseplace; rose dies a few days later
    10.08. PRAYER OF THE REFUGEE heavy snow protects their litter as rogues drive windclan out
    10.24. ONLY AS A DOUBTFUL GUEST talks to fallowkit about "home" in shadowclan's camp
    11.03. SHOULD I CHOOSE A NOBLE OCCUPATION? periwinklebreeze's and sedgepounce's return
    11.06. HALF-LIT GRASS convinced by rivepaw to sneak out and caught by sedgepounce
    11.15. RIGHTEOUS SIDE OF HELL the aftermath of the loyalists' attack on smokestar at highstones
    11.21. METAL CRUSHER sootstar berates pinkpaw over requesting her siblings become moor runners
    11.21. TAKE WHAT YOU LEARNED sootspot admonishes downypaw for their failure to stop pinkpaw
    11.23. MY HEADS NOT YOURS "spars" bearpaw as a punishment from sootspot

LEAF-BARE 2023
    12.02. GRINNING TEETH riverclan splashes their patrol; they realize how much riverclan hates windclan
    12.02. EYE FOR AN EYE shivering, discusses riverclan's actions after the patrol
    12.05. I DON'T LOVE YOU sootspot chases them underground during sunstride's rebellion to "save" them
    12.05. SEASON OF SKINNY CANDLES oneshot; goes to sleep next to lilacstem's corpse
    12.10. WANING SUNSET cottonpaw secretly helps them grieve and forms an escape plan
    01.06. WINTER BLOSSOMS escapes loyalist windclan with cottonfang
    01.06. HOME FREE arrives, exhausted, at the horseplace with cottonfang and reunites with their family
    01.24. PRAY I DON'T GET UP injured by juncopaw in final battle to retake windclan from sootstar
    02.04. HOME IS THE FIRST GRAVE cowers from the mob and sunstride executing sootstar
    02.06. TOSS YOUR CARDS sunstride decides to reassign them to rattleheart after a conversation
    02.11. I WON'T LET YOU DOWN sunstar officially reassigns them to rattleheart, to their distrust

NEWLEAF 2024
    03.08. THE HUNGER IN YOUR HAUNT forcibly reflects on their time in sootstar's loyalist windclan
    03.10. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS discovers their pollen allergy

Last edited: