camp PULL UP IN THE '97 BENZ &. february 8th meeting

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

(( it's a long one but please read it all!! ))

"shit. maybe i should wait for them for them to become apprentices."

chilledstar is going through all of the kits that need to become apprentices. at this point, they're gonna need to expand the damned den. guess that was a problem they would have to figure out with good old fashioned team work. tch. it would be good practice, anyways, right? make the next generation get along better than the older ones did. shadowclan was stronger together.

"alright, shadowclan! it's time for a meeting. gather 'round, it's a long one."

it's more lengthy than anything. chilledstar hated talking this much. it was annoying they hated how grating their voice sounded on their ears. sometimes they wished they could just shut up. but during times of clan meetings, this was not an option. they couldn't simply not talk, as much as they wished for it. but the moments of quiet they did, as the paws shuffled against the floor to make their way in front of the tallest point in camp, some huddled together and some alone. the kits seemed more enthusiastic than anything. maybe they shouldn't have been. they were about to crush their dreams as soon as they got their hopes right up. they... are sorry for that.

"okay, let's start simple, yes? we have quite a few kits ready to become apprentices this day. so, bloodkit, snowykit, shadekit, swallowkit, singekit, bonekit, and sneezekit. please, step forward."

they watched all of them with a raise of their brows, claws gently sliding against the rock as they shifted their weight.

"all of you are four moons now, so you will be the last kits to be apprenticed at this age. a new code has passed within the last gathering, which states very clearly that kits will become apprentices at 6 moons. i am making the decision to allow you all to be apprentices early. so, do you accept? do you promise to follow your mentor, and learn all they have to teach you? to learn the code, the rules, how to fight, defend, and hunt amongst the shadows like a true shadowclanner so that you may one day pass these teachings to an apprentice of your own?"

there is a long enough pause for all of them to respond. there is so many of them. might be a little funny to see them fight over den space and nests. to think about another time, perhaps.

"good. from this day forward, you all will have paw attached to your name to show your status of warrior in training. bloodkit, to bloodpaw, mentored by smogmaw. snowykit is now snowypaw, and mentored by thistlesight. shadekit, you're now shadepaw. lilacfur will be your mentor. swallowkit, you are swallowpaw to be mentored by scorchedpaw. singekit, is hearby singepaw. pipit will be your mentor. bonekit, now bonepaw, and nightshadow will mentor you. sneezekit, you are now sneezepaw. sharpshadow. you are sneezepaw's mentor. if you have more than one apprentice, treat them equally. be sure they both learn all they can from you. if you have more than one, I trust you with the work load. do not make me regret trusting you to train our kits. understand?"

they twitch their nose and dip their head to the kits, so they go to greet their mentors.

"next. honeypaw. you've... gone through some changes through the moons. and it's finally time for you become a warrior. do you accept? if so... then you will be named honeymoon. for your changes define you. you have grown. you have changed. just like the moon."

they nod their head, before turning to the three toms that were skunktail's kits.

"you three. pipit. snipe. hawk. when you first joined, i rightfully was skeptical of your loyalties. hardly known, but kin to one of our own. you've proven yourselves and I am very proud of you. the past two moons have not been easy, and i know it well. but you've stayed, nonetheless. i know loyalty when i see it. so, you now will earn your warrior names. [enter snipe's here. i will edit accordingly when i know snipe's warrior name]. hawk. your true name will be hawkstride, as your dedication and forethought have led you to this very moment in time. wear your name proud. pipit. you have a knack for being a bit out there. in the best of ways. and your fighting skills are certainly to be talked about. thus, your name will be pipitclaw. and since you've impressed me enough, you get your first apprentice, too. don't fail me, kid."

their ears flick and they give a brief, hardly notable, smile to the trio. they'd be good warriors, especially if they were anything like their father.

"we aren't finished. forestshade, sharpshadow, lilacfur. please step forward. the three of you... I've been watching you. the way you speak to others. the way you command your own apprentices. the way you speak to me. you all are very good warriors, and for this reason, I'm offering you a spot in my counsel. lead warriors, if you choose to accept. I believe that the three of you can help this clan become better than its ever been. so, what say you?"

chilledstar only waits for a bit before nodding.

"very well then. welcome to the team... and last... roostertrust is... gone. kidnapped by twolegs. we don't know if or when he will... return. we can only ask the stars to look over him and bring him back safely. please, for fucks sake, be careful. our camp may be safe, but the marshes have always been unforgiving. and speaking of leaving camp. i am only going to say this one time. the new apprentices; bloodpaw, snowypaw, shadepaw, swallowpaw, singepaw, bonepaw, and sneezepaw. you are not allowed to leave camp until you camp six moon. your mentors will train you in camp. if I see so much as a piece of fur outside of this camp, you will be returned to the nursery, with your kit name, until you can learn to listen, got it? i mean it. alright? understood? good. dismissed."

// okay so. ik this was a lot to read but !! its very important to note all of the things that chilledstar has said so no one gets confused! snipe has his full name, too, but until i get an answer on what that is, that will remain as is^
shoutouts for EVERYONE this past month. january was rough but we persevere babyyyyyy!!! love you all, shadowfam mwah mwah hands down best clan!! time to take of the world baby!

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ Sneezepaw! His very own apprentice name! Boy, was he excited to get started - though not as excited as his rambunctious siblings, that's for sure.

After participating in the cheering of his Clanmates, the chocolate tabby made his way over to Singepaw and Swallowpaw, giving a grin to both of his siblings. "We made it! I hope you two like your mentors. I hope mine's okay too!" With a purr rumbling from his throat, he touched his nose to his brothers', and then continued on. There was someone new for him to meet!

Sharpshadow was a warrior Sneezepaw had never met, and a cat he never really felt inclined to. With messy fur and a broken tail, the dark-furred warrior seemed almost intimidating to Sneezepaw, who wondered how the oddly-patterned feline ended up in such a way. Now, he seemed perfectly unbothered as he trotted over to his new mentor, giving her only a moment of shy hesitation before leaning up on his tippy-toes and pressing his nose to hers with a soft boop.. "Hi! I'm Sneezepaw. I hope we can be friends," introduced the new apprentice. One could only hope Singepaw could be as polite as his brother.

The last announcement from Chilledstar didn't bother Sneezepaw as much as it might've bothered the others. He was a little disappointed that they couldn't explore the territory together like they wanted, but he was content knowing they could still train in camp. Having a 'paw' at the end of his name was enough, for now. Though, Sneezepaw couldn't help but cast a nervous glance over to his siblings. Would they take it just as well?

• ooc - interacting with siblings @SINGEKIT @Swallowkit. , and mentor @SHARPSHADOW !
  • SNEEZEPAW he/him, apprentice of shadowclan, 4 moons.
    a long-furred chocolate tabby with low white and yellow eyes.
    brother to SINGEPAW and SWALLOWPAW // mentored by SHARPSHADOW
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• WHAT
Reactions: SHARPSHADOW

[ ༻❄༺ ] Another meeting comes by and, to her unfortunate ways... Singekit and his siblings were being made apprentices and of course the wonders of who would get them come to mind until... Scorchedmoon would have to be shared with Swallowpaw. "what?" a look of complete utter shock peered on the yellow gaze of the apprentice. She, she has to now share her own mentor? Claws digged into the ground beneath her and annoyed look peering in her gaze. That was not fair! Worse it was Swallowpaw, Singepaw's sibling, which means she would have to deal with him. Great. Utterly great. Scorchedmoon was her mentor, she would not allow it. A low growl rumbled in her chest. It makes it worse knowing that they were still kits, which means Swallowpaw would be trapped inside the camp confinements for the time being. "I'm not going to allow some kit hold me back" , she would say underneath her breath so that none could here whilst staring angry daggers at Swallowpaw.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 6 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

IC Opinions, Snow'll get over it <3 ))

*+:。.。 Duckshimmer pulled in a dainty breathe and released it with a breezy sigh.
Once and for all, she was no longer a caretaker.

Of course, she hadn't made caretaking her main priority since her little ones figured out how to walk independently, more than capable of handling themselves and allowing Ducky the chance to return to her duties as much as possible. Still, even though she'd long since resumed her warrior duties, the gravity of the change remained thus: she no longer had a shared nest to return home to. A part of her, the independent part eager to not be woken up by screaming, winning, sniveling, and the occasional kick in the face by a restless foot - was grateful. Now she could regain her beauty sleep without having to pray to the stars for it - or threaten her children with a fate worse than death if mommy had to stay up three nights in a row because someone needed a potty break and couldn't just scram on their own!
But, another part, the part that had her smiling ruefully as she watched her little ones step forward at the behest of their leader, knew she'd miss it. Miss the mock scolding after a warrior came to her pleading to control her little gremlins, the comforting kisses she'd bestow upon the nightmare-harrassed little heads, the warmth of bodies pressed up against her - little lives she'd created, whom she adored more than she'd ever thought possible.

That being said, she was glad her kits were grandfathered out of the code change. Waiting two more moons would've killed her! Mostly because she knew she wouldn't hear the end of it from Singeki...Singepaw now, she supposes. Ah, good luck to Pipitclaw - and Scorchedmoon, for that matter, as Swallowkit's tongue was no less sharp than his brother's claws. Only Sneezekit had come out soft and sweet - wholly unlike his siblings, and sometimes even unlike his mother, though her graceful demeanor may not easily allude to that. Sharpshadow would make for an interesting mentor for him.

Honeymoon and the joiners were ceremonies that went in through one ear and out the other, having no affiliation to her she didn't see why she needed to listen in. Instead, her petal-soft ears would rise as she heard the sharp hissing of another clanmate. Duckshimmer would flit her gaze without moving her head to observe the little white apprentice, Snowpaw, as she grumbled about the news. Her tone was enough to make Duckshimmer's eyes narrow into slits. A troublesome youth, one she'd learned about mainly through her son's incessant yammering about their rivalry, but whom she thought would be a great source of training for her boy - keeping his mind and claws sharp. But hearing her in person snarl about one of her kits...well...

It would be unladylike of Duckshimmer to feud with a child, so, of course, she wouldn't. But she might whisper something to Swallowkit later about how every new apprentice is allowed to accidentally unsheathe their claws at least once during training before they were told off for it. She smirked to herself at the thought, remaining comforted mostly with the knowledge that her tortoiseshell kit would far surpass any peer if she so chose to.

The meeting continued, and Duckshimmer would smile a little more broadly hearing Sharpshadow in particular be promoted to a lead warrior. Sneezepaw being mentored by a lead warrior made her chest swell with pride! But her smile soon waned as the Roosterstrut's fate was emphasized. To be caught by two legs, what a shame. She made a mental note to ask her children if they knew to avoid Thunderpath-like scents, for losing a child to kidnapping would be quite cumbersome for her reputation. Her kits were better than that, surely.

Finally, the rule that the kits would need to stay in camp was repeated, and Duckshimmer had to close her eyes and let out a suffering sigh. Oh yes, Singepaw would have a lot to say about that later, she was certain. In the meantime though, she opened her eyes to watch her kits as they left to greet their new mentors. She hoped her careful grooming of their fur held up through their first interactions - as her children, she needed them to look presentable, at least in this final moment she had to send them off.

But, at last, independence was all hers...

This time, the thought made her feel a little more sad.

• GENERAL:
    Duckshimmer
    DFAB— She/Her — Bisexual
    30 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Mother to Singepaw, Swallowpaw and Sneezepaw
    Shadowclan — Warrior

COMBAT:
    Physically hard | mentally hard
    Attack in bold #ffa98f
    injuries: None currently

Reactions: chili
Oh, she'd been waiting for today. Since the very first sunrise of her time as an apprentice, it had been a long and agonizing countdown to when Honeypaw would be sat near the front of the cluster of Clan cats, waiting for her name patiently to be called and to finally become something greater. Chilledstar calls out for the Clan to gather round and Honeypaw's toes run cold in anticipation. So familiar, and yet so foreign at the same time. Last moon, she had failed her assessment - Honeypaw butt heads badly with her thrice assigned mentor. She partially wondered if she had failed her assessment because her mentor was being far too hard on her and wanted to fail but - ugh, why would they have wanted to be stuck with Honeypaw any longer? Honeypaw CERTAINLY didn't want to have to shadow them around anymore. She missed Ferndance. And, of course, this would be the meeting that Ferndance would be freed from the strict confines of the nursery. Just when Honeypaw was graduating! She'd be able to talk to Ferndance as an equal now, at least, and not have to take anymore sometimes particularly strange commands. Oh, hey - wow, maybe Honeypaw would even be able to lead a patrol now... the prospect of this next big step was exciting. Honeypaw did her absolute damndest to ignore the absense of the other sunny tabby in the crowd, the absence of her cousin who was supposed to watch her grow up the way her father couldn't.

Were they both watching her from the stars now?

Honeypaw firmly stamped the thought down, tufted ears pinning to her head as she approaches the slowly thickening throng of cats. She didn't like thinking about the possibility that the only other good tom she had to guide her had met a similar fate to her father. But... if they were up there, well, she knew they'd be proud of her. They wouldn't have much else more to do than watch Honeypaw's warrior ceremony, after all. That was about as good as entertainment got! Honeypaw's eyes wander for Chervilpaw, no longer having Comfreypaw to sit next to. She couldn't immediately spot her little sister, so she cut her losses and plopped herself in the thick of the crowd. Chilledstar started with the kits, and Honeypaw was grateful to get the heck out of the apprentice's den as it experienced another surge in apprentices. Honeypaw recalled when Smogmaw's kits had first moved into the nursery, and how it had been a struggle to even stretch a leg out depending on who was trying to filter in or out of the den. No more of that for her! At least, until they followed her into the warrior's den in a few moons time. What a drag.

"Next. Honeypaw."

Oh StarClan. It was time. It was time. The sunstained molly straightens her posture, holds her head up high to meet Chilledstar's pale gaze. They speak of the change she's gone through, and her fur heats in a confusing and overwhelming maelstrom of embarrassment and pride. Her father's death. Three separate mentors - one passed to yellowcough, the next bound to the nursery, the last a miserable slog of a cat. Her hatred of her own little sister, her searing jealousy to a gentle protectiveness over the last of her kin. She didn't have a cool story, like Sharpshadow. She hadn't gone on a grand mission to save the Clans from a sweeping illness. She had fought rogues, helped Clans reclaim their homes, had fed the hungry. Chilledstar having seen her simple growth made her pelt warm with something she wasn't sure she had ever quite felt before, only an inkling of a feeling before when a mentor would compliment a catch. Chilledstar beckons, and Honeypaw answers with a smile slowly spreading across her muzzle, eyes aglow with a light not seen since she had first been blossoming under Cherrywhisker.

"Do you accept?"

ShadowClan sucked. The other cats were miserable at best, the territory was a nasty experience every time she stepped out, the scarcity of food and constant loss of life making it hard sometimes to even wake on a given morning. When the other Clans sought shelter within ShadowClan's border, Honeypaw almost found herself jealous when they got to leave and she didn't. But ShadowClan was home - and anywhere would suck if you were determined to see the worst of it. Her Clanmates could be sour, but around the right cats some of them had quite brilliant smiles. The territory was her perfect landscape to pounce birds and bat fireflies around, to slide around ice giggling like a kit. ShadowClan was better than the other Clans because they made the most of what they had, even if sometimes it was very little - Honeypaw had gone to bed hungry before in an attempt to feed the kits and queens first, but knew even more nights of a full belly and playing around with other apprentices. She turns away from Chilledstar ever so briefly to find Ferndance, to flash the cinnamon molly a gleaming smile. She turns back to her Leader, her expression hardening slightly.

"I do."

She would die defending the little flame that held ShadowClan together. It was a small ember, one that needed nurturing and care, but not all hope was lost as she had once wallowed over.

"Then you will be named Honeymoon."

Nine long moons of being Honeypaw were over. It felt surreal to hear any other suffix other than -paw follow her own name when being addressed to her.

"For your changes define you. You have grown. You have changed. Just like the moon."

Honeypaw - no, Honeymoon giggles in gentle embarrassment, such a rare emotion from the ruddy molly normally so self-assured. But her warrior ceremony - StarClan, what other time to be flustered and overwhelmed with emotions? She lifts a paw to swipe gently over her maw, across the crescent-moon white that circles her muzzle. Hah, maybe it was something that was always meant to be, huh? Honeymoon wasn't quite conceited enough to believe she had her own little prophecy to her, but the thought charmed her nonetheless. The shouts of her new name from the familiar voices of her Clanmates almost springs tears to her eyes, but Honeymoon is able to stem them back. Voices died down, and Chilledstar continued their announcements. Her moment in the sun - moon? - was over, and the newly named warrior seats herself back down with her head held high as she listens to the rest of the ceremonies only half paying attention over the static buzz of excitement between her ears. Other warriors are named, or rather, finally given their full names, but she does not join the celebrations for them. Selfish as it was, she was much too enamored by her own accomplishments.

A new code, one about apprentices, and Honeymoon finds it long overdue - she wonders if WindClan would respect such a thing, given that their new apprentices looked as though they should still be sleeping at their parents' bellies, thick with kitten fluff and practically smelling of milk. She would have her own apprentice too, in a few moons. The idea excited her further, shuffling her paws beneath her. Roosterstrut's disappearance was announced, and Honeypaw had already tucked that heartbreak down deep where it wouldn't dare surface again. Because, now, she had the authority to do something about it, right? She didn't need an escort to leave camp anymore! Her first order of business would be to grab some cats willing to go on a patrol with her and hunt down absolutely any sign of a scent from him or anyone who dared touch her family.

Honeymoon rose to her paws, shaking the buzzing sensation out of her fur and bumping into the cats that had sat next to her in the process. The meeting was concluded, and it was time for Honeymoon's next big step in life - time to move into the warrior's den, time to scour the territory on her own at last, time to find Roosterstrut and drag him home by his tailfeathers so he could celebrate everything he missed. Because... well... of course he'd be back.

honeymoon

she / her, 13 moon old warrior of shadowclan
    a large, thickly furred copper-red tabby with sunbright eyes
    littlebird (npc) x prickletail (npc), older sister of chervilpaw & cousin of roosterstrut
    full length tags
    penned by izanami, contact on discord @nullmoons for plots or threads :)

I don't mind if the world spins faster

Soon another meeting would go by, and more apprentice's were to be made. Yet, to Nightwhisper's surprise this time things would not bear no fruit as she would be getting an apprentice herself! A shimmer in her gold gaze before she begin to scan the clearing for their own mother, almost as a way to say 'look! I finally have a paw of my own!' before getting onto her paws to go and greet Bonepaw, a gentle smile on her lips."I promise to make you an amazing warrior little one" she said softly to Bonepaw. Her feathery tail swishing gently while her ears flicked with excitement, everything from training plans to eagerly awaiting for Bonepaw's first time out to see the territory all roam in her head.

Soon enough, the meeting would continue, three new lead warriors, four new warriors, Roosterstrut missing. And that was it as far as they were aware in things to note. Most of the rest feel as if it went by quickly, her paws itching with excitement to begin training with Bonepaw. Finally, her very own apprentice.
"speak""Thoughts"

*+:。.。 Finally, finally the day had come.

Singekit practically vibrated with so much energy he nearly jackhammered a hole beneath his antsy paws! Three moons he's waited for this! Three moons he'd waited! Ever since he'd heard tales of the rogue battles that drove out every clan from its land save for Shadowclan's, he'd known he was ready. Growing up in the best clan meant that he was fated already to be one of the greatest - but it was the idea of being the best of the best that truly fueled him. He wanted to be someone no one messed with - someone who's very name struck fear into the hearts of all who heard it! Today marked one step closer to achieving that dream!

Pulling away from his mother, Singekit stepped forward at Chilledstar's request. Beneath their icy blue gaze, Singekit beamed. They'd long since earned Singekit's respect, but more than ever he puffed out his chest with gratitude to hear Chilledstar allowed Singekit's generation to step up to the plate despite the rest of the clans being pansies about it.

"so, do you accept?"
Yes.

" do you promise to follow your mentor, and learn all they have to teach you?"
Yes.

"to learn the code, the rules,"
Yes, yes!

"how to fight, defend, and hunt amongst the shadows like a true shadowclanner"
YES YES YES!

"Of course!" Singekit fought the urge to bellow out his vow, digging his claws deep into the earth in a vain attempt to restrain himself. His cheeks hurt as they strained with the wideness of his smile, his sharp teeth revealed beneath his pulled-back maw. Excitement didn't even begin to explain his feelings! He was ready! He was more than ready, he was BORN for this! Screw being a mentor himself one day - he was going to be the poster by for Shadowclan itself! A burning pyre within the darkness! He would be what creates the shadows!

"singekit, is hearby singepaw. "

The words were magical in Singekit - Singepaw's ear. Singepaw. Singepaw! Singepaw, SINGEPAW!. Starclan, it sounded so cool! HE was so cool! He bet no one in existence would wear the name Singepaw was half as much coolness as he did! Singepaw! Singepaw! Singepaw! Singepaw did a tight little spin, practically shooting sparks with how much energy he fought to tamp down.

"pipit will be your mentor."

Pipit? Singepaw paused in his reveling to mull over the realization. A newbie? That was kinda lame. I mean - Bloodpaw was going to be trained by the deputy himself, why did Singepaw have to get table scraps? Oh who cares! He was going to get trained, that's all that matters! Maybe he'll be the first apprentice ever to train his mentor instead of the other way around!
Again, the boy spun in an excited circle, dying to get this meeting over with before he exploded!

But then Chilledstar, for as cool as they were, ruined it all with that final announcement.
They...he had to stay in camp!?
"Then what's the point of being apprenticed!?" Singepaw had enough sense to keep his voice low, but the growl that escaped him was filled to the brim with fury. The tight spins ended in a huffy plop of his rump onto the ground, shoulders hunched as he moped at the rule. He wanted to train now! To learn all the ways of a proper shadowclanner NOW! He waited a whole four moons for this, now he'd have to wait a whole two more?! Chilledstar, why!?

The meeting came to an end, but Singepaw didn't have it in him to shout his peers' new names. He did brighten a little hearing his own, but only a little.

It was difficult to continue moping though when Sneezekit - Sneezepaw - approached him with a glowing smile. Singepaw's ears remained flat against his head, but his expression softened as he returned his brother's cheerful lick. "Yours will be awesome Sneezepaw, Sharpshadow will be so glad to have you" Singepaw would say, his tone soft as he ruffled his brother's head with a noogie. " Let's meet up later to pick our nests, okay?" he calls after his brother as he scampers off to meet Sharpshadow.

Once Sneezepaw is out of sight, Singepaw allows the bitterness to overtake him again.
Stuck in camp. Stuck in camp. Stuck in camp!
With a furious hiss, he kicks at the ground, longing to express his emotions in a far more destructive way. But he knows Duckshimmer is watching, and he'd rather keep his ears intact by the end of this. So, with a heavy sigh, he decides to take Sneezepaw's lead and look around for his mentor. A newbie warrior and an awful rule - Sin had thought his apprentice ceremony would've ended a lot better than this.

Flicking Swallowpaw's nose with his tail in goodbye before heading to find the older cat, Singepaw wouldn't bother to relax the deep frown that made his fiery markings blaze with untouchable heat.

"Sup." he looked Pipitclaw up and down as he stood before him, as though assessing the other in preparation for a fight to the death. Finally, he mewed, lifting his nose to touch his new mentor's, "Pipitclaw is kinda a cool name."

Today kinda sucked, but at least his mentor had an awesome suffix.
At least he had one more ceremony to look forward to in the future.

• Spoke to @sneezepaw , interacted briefly with @Swallowkit. , and is now talking to @pipit !!

• GENERAL:
    Singekit
    Cismale — He/him — Questioning sexuality
    3 moons — Ages 1 moon every month on the 2nd
    NPC x NPC (brother to Swallowkit, Sneezekit)
    Shadowclan — Kit

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold #b8312f
    Can be power played just ask
    injuries: None currently

Sharpshadow crinkles his nose listening to the seemingly endless slurry of names that spit forth from Chilledstar's maw. A brood of kittens turned apprentices that the clan should not have had to deal with this Leaf - Bare, but, well, whatever. They would be apprentices just in time to not be fed for the next moon or so... Sharpshadow shuffles his paws ahead of her, trying not to think about how the pickings of rat and lizard have likely whittled him down to only bone.

Sharpshadow is already drifting off... Narrowed eyes aren't really truthful, as far as how much he is paying attention goes. He thinks its funny — how the illusion of a choice is presented to new apprentices. What if no kit dared vow to listen to their mentor, to learn the code and the rules, and all that junk. Would they be chased from the clan? Shoo'd away into the nursery until they said yes? She's fairly confident that Halfpaw had not cared about any of that — or maybe she had just lied. She doesn't remember anything besides her dismay at the time.

This moment would probably join that memory then, as Sharpshadow is bestowed with another apprentice. What the hell about her in Halfpaw had Chilledstar convinced this was a good idea? It's unfair, too, that it's hidden amongst the other plentiful batch of assignments. He nearly misses it entirely, but when he catches it he does not hide his surprise. Silver eyes blow wide in shock. If you have more than one, I trust you with the work load.

...WHY?

He... he was doing something right, he supposes. He should be glad. He is glad. He shows Chilledstar how glad he is with his wide, not - awkward - at - all smile. He's so glad... despite the strange prickling of his pelt. This... Sneezepaw is before him before he even really knows what the hell is happening. They are first, to press their noses together, which is probably something that wouldn't happen with a good mentor. How... perfectly unassuming is this. I hope we can be friends. " Ah... yeah, " he exchanges the gesture dumbly, stumbling out a reply that wasn't the worst in the world. it still wasn't very good.

Sharpshadow doesn't even know if he had any friends at all. Maybe Forestshade? He may be forced to say Forestshade. How embarassing would it be if her apprentice was her first friend. ...Not like they would be friends, necessarily.

Hawkstride... Pippitclaw. Sharpshadow is just nodding along at this point, settled uncomfortably beside his apparent second apprentice. And then... Step forward.

She'd think that she was in trouble. She'd think that Chilledstar just put on that spectacle to tell her nevermind in front of everyone a few moments later. But no one hated Lilacfur. No one hated Forestshade —not anymore than they hated anyone else, anyways. To the latter molly, Sharpshadow would cast a confused glance.

I've been watching you, and Sharpshadow watches right back, giving Chilledstar more attention than she probably has in her entire life. the way you speak to others. the way you command your own apprentices. the way you speak to me. ...Poorly? she thinks. And then — and then —

Bug eyes. Bug eyes and a maw that sits half - parted. She should fix her posture. But then — no, Smogmaw didn't give a damn about what he looked like, and he was doing just fine. Smogmaw was doing just fine. Forestshade was doing just fine. Sharpshadow was doing just fine. Relief doesn't flood him in the way that it should, instead it cracks upon his face like shards of glass, the pieces of uncertainty not quite ready to fall out just... just yet. " I... yes, " he agrees, mouth dry. It's lame, is what it is. But he's doing just fine, Chilledstar told him.

...Halfpaw would try and ruin this for him. Maybe Sneezepaw would do the same. Shakily, Sharpshadow rubs at his wrists, and he contemplates what he would need to do about it.
EpC61GT.png

• lCF0Qq1.png

• 77138241_LGsAhejnM5wt5R0.png
    SHARPSHADOW: he / she , no pref , dislikes gender neutral language ; fine with gendered terms ; 19 moons old as of 2.2.24
    dark smoke feline that stands at an above average height. Easily identifiable by her namesake – an unruly mat of fur, destined to be cluttered by inconsistencies between chimera halves. Burdened with a broken tail, often lying dead behind her in the dirt.
    Anxious, antisocial, paranoid. Sharpshadow has not known peace for a single time in his life, and lives anticipating inevitable dangers to the detriment of herself and others.
    heavy ic opinions! he's irrational and mean </3

As Scorchedmoon sits close to Snowpaw when they are called for the annual meeting, he almost expects to be assigned another apprentice. Not because he necessarily meets the requirements and is an exemplary cat, but because it’s necessity at this point. So when it happens, he’s happy to take the task! It would be…a lot…of work, but whatever needs to be done, yeah? Seems someone isn’t happy about it though, and Snowpaw raises her voice in contempt. He’s immediately embarrassed, and slinks into himself as a few eyes land on the two of them.

She continues to complain under her breath, and while he could be rightfully angry, he just gives her a sad look. “Snowpaw…” Scorchedmoon mutters, wrapping his tail around her. There’s not much he can do, though. He scours the crowd for who would be his second apprentice, hoping she didn’t hear…​

"Yep! I accept, leader!" Standing beside her siblings, Shadekit, Snowykit and Bonekit, Bloodkit found herself without a choice - as if she would ever stay in the Nursery! A large kitten, she had long since outgrown the little nest of wonders that Ferndance and Needledrift had made for them all, and whilst she would miss her mamas' love, she felt ready to take on the world. It wasn't like Ferndance or Needledrift were gone either. She looked to the former, whose smile seemed sadder than usual, then looked for the latter within the crowd, cut short by the announcement of her new name. Bloodpaw. Oh, that was cool.

She ran forwards, booping her nose firmly into Smogmaw's. The squeak that escaped her at the harsh treatment was nothing compared to the toothed grin that stretched her muzzle taut. Mentored by the Deputy of ShadowClan? What more could a kitten ask for? The other was an enigma in her mind, not a playmate like Chilledstar or a foodgiver like Frostbite; Smogmaw had been absent in her formative years, but it made wanting to get to know him all the more exciting. Her neck craned upwards, limbs tense, like a soldier standing to attention. "I'm ready to take ShadowClan by the shorthairs!" Bloodpaw promised him, hunger in her orange eyes. She would beat up the villains that threatened her home, she would provide enough food to make her family plump and healthy, she would talk to the other clans and make so many friends! The excitable kitten jumped upon her heels, waiting for Smogmaw to start her training, waiting for him to declare her ready to beat up rogues. Then, through the giddy hope that shrouded the cinnamon tabby's mind, she heard Chilledstar's voice, and fangs pierced the butterflies that danced around her belly. 'We can't leave camp?'

We can't leave camp.

Pain filled her expression as she frantically searched for her siblings amidst the crowd, meeting Singepaw first, whose fire had become an ember at the news. She wanted to run over to him, tell him to pick himself up and that ShadowClan wouldn't keep them in camp once they saw how awesome they were, but limbs did not budge. A lashing tail revealed her frustration.

feather-banner-png.1372

Oh thank FUCK.

Pipit could barely take it anymore, the glowering stares from Smogmaw that seemed to rip his fur back to peer at his skin, through it even to examine his organs under careful scrutiny, as if he might find a traitorous bone in his body. He'd given that hairball of a cat no reason to be so wary... been an exemplary apprentice to his aunt (even though he didn't need much teaching, he was an entire adult, after all) and had been nothing but friendly, if not a little opinionated. Forestshade had made that much clear in a hissed demand for silence when Ferndance had stumbled gracelessly into involuntary manslaughter.

His ears sit forward in rapt attention, practically begging Chilledstar to end his suffering- that being given a suffix to match his peers might yet save him from judgement, from the alienation that his birth gave him. The tantalizing fruits of his labor lay just out of reach, delicately sat upon the tip of a blackened tongue- they had priorities to this meeting and the order was akin to papercut tortures.

Apprentices.... right....

Lilacfur finds her saddled with a new presence to fill the void her nephew would be leaving... hopefully this kid being completely inept in every sense of the word (through sheer lack of practice and age of course! Nothing so malicious as to imply the kid was stupid!) wouldn't bog her down. Chilledstar goes on to say another name, and another and-

Pipit will be your mentor.

"HEH heheh... Who'd expect any less from Skunktail's son," he preens, giving his chest fur a few licks (as if he has any concept of modesty). Glancing towards a pale furred molly with a wildfire gleam of orange eyes, he flashes her the corners of his fangs in a silent message: 'We're killing it auntie!' But his gaze doesn't linger on her long, returning to the shadow split star with impatient demand.

'You three.'

His name is said first and he is sitting so far forward it's only with divine intervention surely that he has not fallen face first into the dirt in apprehension. A tale of justified (debatable) wariness (as if it didn't still persist) and rising above expectations (false allegations) to a position of being a badge of pride. He nods eager, pride dampened by his yearning to hear the final acceptance. It had to be out of spite that Chilledstar then continued in complete opposite order.... Snipe first...

A tail lashes in a mix of frustration and excitement. Then Hawk... And finally-

Pipitclaw. As if to be sure it's relevant or true, the tom flexes his into the dirt, glancing between the muck they squeeze into their webbing before back up at Chilledstar with a fire-hearted grin. "WICKED! Haha! I won't let you down," he all but shouts his promise, searching for that little brat that was to be his charge. If it he were anything like that little rat that bit his tail... this would be interesting. Or, better potential, he would get a little shadow like Basilpaw!

He's prepared to assume meeting adjourned when the roosting cat seems to call him out immediately. Not finished yet. He pauses, a paw half-raised in preparation to move when the conversation shifts towards a different trio (one of unlikely relativity, he thinks) before the intention is made blatantly clear. Lead warriors?! And one of them is Lilacfur! "Lilacfur!!!"

She barely gets the chance to react before her nephew is bowling her over with raucous delight. "Don't go forgetting me now that you're a big shot," he teases, rubbing his nose a bit too aggressively into her cheek in congratulatory touch.

'Pipitclaw is a cool name,' his tiny shadow says as he pulls away from his family member. The chimera smiles at him with teeth flaunted joyously. "Don't worry kid, we'll get you a cool one to match in no time! With a mentor like me, you'll be leaving your litter-mates in the dust." As soon as he figured out... the best way to teach instead of show off.​

CAN'T YOU TELL I'M CRASS?
CAN'T YOU TELL I'M WIRED?

swallowpaw 04 moons polygender any pronouns shadowclan apprentice

72778216_GOsdGhfvVAz7qmq.png
For once, Swallowkit is blissfully, blessesedly silent. Whiskers quiver as she sits stock still - eyes wide and focused upon chilledstars inkblot frame as they speak - a statue perched only a few tail lengths from duckshimmers side. At first, it feels the meeting will drag on for all eternity - too long, too slow - and then - there! That's her name!

She springs forwards like a spring, all but wired as she darts through the crowd, tail swishing and flicking as she goes. " 'Course I do! " she chirps out loudly at chilledstars question - though really, what did they expect, for one of them to say 'no, I don't actually' or something? Nobodies that mousebrained. And then she's no longer Swallowkti but swallowpaw - teeth flash in a not-so nice grin. Her siblings speak, but she's hardly listening - blurting out a half-heart " Yu-p, " with a loud pop, before finding her mentors form i the crowd. She dances over on light paws - mismatched eyes are wide and sparkling as she goes to touch noses with her new mentor.

Scorchedmoon.

It's only once she's there, peering up at bicolor frame, that she realizes he is not her mentor alone. Swallowpaw didn't mind, not really - or at least, she wouldn't have, had Snowpaw not spoken up. Swallowpaw is many things - clumsy, crass, loud, dense; but even she isn't deaf. She waits just long enough to make sure Scorchedmoon isn't looking, before tongue flicks out mockingly at the other. Of course, she's immediately back to the picture of innocence, plopping down on her mentors other side but, well, if there's already plans underway for a wriggling multi-legged gift to wind up in snowpaws nest? Well, nobody needs to know but her.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T E L L - M E - N O T H I N G - L A S T S ( - L I K E - I - D O N ' T - K N O W ?- )

• Haha
Reactions: Scorchedmoon
————————————————————⊰ʚ・ɞ⊱————————————————————

He wanders to where the scent is thickest, but he knows this part of the camp well enough he doesn't struggle to locate it when Chilledstar calls for the meeting. The tiny black apprentice is close to Forestshade's side as they arrive, clinging enough he can feel her coat brush his as a reminder of her presence and he will claim its so he doesn't get lost but there is comfort in even the small gesture. It's pathetic, they know it is, but even getting to walk with their mother is something that makes his fur prickle in delight; the other apprentices would surely pick on him for his neediness but he doesn't care much about that.
Sweetpaw sits down and loops his long fluffy tail around his paws, ears alert to listen to the announcements as his unseeing gaze drifts downward. A lot of new apprentices, the new code was apparently not going to be followed this time and he wonders if StarClan will be mad about it. He hopes not. He calls out their names dutifully, though he isn't too eager about the apprentice den being more crowded.
Skunktail's sons are given proper names, he doesn't know them that well but he hears them plenty around the camp - Pipitclaw especially. They too recieve his shrill voice calling out along withthe clan. Finally his mother's name and he raises his head in surprise. Forestshade! Lead Warrior! And a few other cats but wow-! His mother was suddenly given a very high honor! It made his heart thud in his chest in eagerness, a blind cat as a lead warrior somehow thrilled him more than anything. It meant there was still hope for him and his fumbling about perhaps.
"Forestshade!" He trilled first, cheerfully, before adding on the other cries for the other cats - but his mother had to hear hers first, of course. "Lilacfur! Sharpshadow!"

•  

• dgk46r8-d35803c3-b9f6-4c83-bc9c-6e8999e976b9.png
    Sweetpaw
    —⊰⋅ Apprentice of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ They/Them
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH Solid black w/golden eyes (Is Blind)

Chilledstar’s call marks yet another meeting Screechpaw has the obligation of attending as one of their apprentices. A sharp huff is made in response, the tom rising from the scraps of his meal to make his way over to the gathering crowd.

Sun-shaded fur moves to find his mother and his littermate. Though he should probably be sat closer to his own mentor, it’s rare that he gets to spend time with Forestshade and Sweetpaw these days, so he’ll take the opportunity to sit beside them now, a gentle nudge in greeting to both of them before he sits.

Chilledstar begins the meeting, and of course, it’s the usual again. Apprentice ceremonies and warrior ceremonies that he finds himself drowning out somewhere in the middle of the long list of kits that he’ll be stuck sharing a den with now. He’s not too thrilled for that, for a bunch of babies to be whining about being camp-bound for the next two moons. He’s lucky to have become an apprentice when he did, he supposes, finding himself grateful for the extra ounce of freedom he’d been given.

Paws shift as the ceremonies grow, kneading at the earth beneath him. How much longer? Maybe he can slip out from the crowd and go on a walk, and —

His mother’s name is called. Other’s too — Sharpshadow and Lilacfur — but it’s Chilledstar’s call on his mother that grabs his attention, split gaze lifting to look up at his mentor, at his mother stepping forward. His expression brightens at the news: his mother — and the other two, he guesses — is going to be a lead warrior!

Mom! “ he cheers at first, before correcting himself. Briarpaw would have his tail if she heard him cheer incorrectly, he’s sure. “ Forestshade! “ His mother deserved the promotion set forth for her, after all!

Sharpshadow! Lilacfur! “ Screechpaw adds on. They probably deserved it too, but it’s his mother that he shares the most excitement for.​
border2.png
  • 74597074_cdZpRJwV0JQAuyC.png
    SCREECHKITSCREECHPAW
    ── Apprentice of ShadowClan

── Forestshade x Vulturemask
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A black/red tabby chimera with mismatched green eyes.
    ── Mentored by Chilledstar
    ── "Speech"; Attack

This meeting Lilacfur gathered with a prideful sway in her step. The assessment may not have gone how Pipit had wished for, being a pop quiz instead of an honorary fight, but the molly believed her nephew had shown the qualities her Deputy thought he lacked. A brain, first and foremost, but one the ability to understand and prioritize like any other warrior could. Upholding the code was as necessary as bringing in prey and baring teeth to protect borders and he had succeeded as she expected.

Now he would be earning his name alongside his littermates. She wondered what Chilledstar would decide for him, how his suffix would honor his skills. A small part of her hoped the icy-stared leader would steer away from any that noted his chatter since so many of their Clanmates were no stranger to his prattle (and therefore underestimated him for it).

Pipitstrike would be nice. Lilacfur thought quietly as she met the toms gaze.

To her surprise the last of nursery's kittens are made apprentices before their sixth moon. This would be the final time, Chilledstar reassured, and she hoped for their sake it would be. Would they be breaking the code if these little ones were being kept within camp, still? Something uncomfortable stirred in her chest but she pushed it away to show her faith and confidence as the kits were assigned. Bloodpaw to Smogpaw, Snowypaw to Thistlesight, Swallowpaw to Scorchedmoon, Bonepaw to Nightshadow and Sneezepaw to Sharpshadow.

Shadepaw would be hers now that Pipit was suited for warriorhood, and he had gained his own apprentice in Singekit. Her sights flickered between him and the excitable boy and she laughed. Onto the next part of the meeting are her kins new names and Lilacfur held her breath in anticipation.

Pipitclaw. Pride has beamed in every crease of her features and she turned her head to find Hawkstride and Snipe as well, ready to shout their names until Chilledstar spoke again. There was more to this meeting? She is called forward alongside Sharpshadow and Forestshade. Her paws stepped forward to face her leaders call and she felt her heart rattle between her ribs as they are given the position to join their council. Lead Warriors? Her? They have watched her, assessed the work she's made in their Clan and found her worthy of a place at their side.

"Yes! Yes, I swear my loyalty to you and ShadowClan, Chilledstar." She looked to find Skunktail in the crowd of faces only to have the wind knocked from her lungs and a blur of chocolate fur has rushed her to the ground. "Pipit! By StarClan you're so embarrassing!" She laughed as he finally pulled away from her. A last note on Roosterstrut's kidnapping, Lilacfur does not let it weigh down on her shoulders. She would continue to fight, she would continue to pray for her friends safe return. She would fulfill her honorable duty as a Lead Warrior to their Clan.

Their apprentices approach to greet their new mentors and her smile returned seeing Singepaw approach Pipitclaw. "You've got a great fit, Singepaw! Pipitclaw is an amazing fighter." She thought of when she had him and his denmates practice playing with a mossball, how he showed a preference in using his claws and teeth. They would be a match made somewhere for sure!

To Shadepaw, she turned to face the molly with a dutiful nod of her head and leaned down to press nose-to-nose. "I'll make sure your wait in camp isn't boring. We'll have some fun, you, me and Caterpillarpaw."
[ i need the clouds to cover me ]

Chilledstar, ignoring the warrior code- even if only temporarily? Oh, they were all doomed! Didn't worry Nettlepaw, though... less mouths to feed early, more claws to hunt. Bit of a loophole. Maybe they could slip this one beneath StarClan's noses, like everything Granitepelt had done. They hadn't smote his father when he's ripped Starlingheart up, had they? Probably wouldn't bother saying something now, not with this little technicality that it was temporary.

New warriors, then- or, just the one. Honeymoon- and he liked her, and cheered her name loud and clear, an amicable smile on his face, eyes bright. "Honeymoon! Honeymoon!" She was good fun, and- well, it wouldn't be long before they were sharing a den, he didn't imagine. How old was he, again? Not far off by now, not far off at all- and with warrior privileges maybe he'd track his father down, get some glory and some gore...

Oh, imagine if he was like that. Really, he just hoped his name might sound alright. Bare minimum, really. But he'd never been demanding, he'd never been difficult.

It was the final annoucement that interested him the most- calling up three warriors, as if they were in trouble, as if they'd done something oh-so-terribly wrong. But there was an odd look in Chilledstar's eyes that told him a punishment wasn't coming, but a reward. Forestshade, Lilacfur, Sharpshadow- lead warriors, the lot of them. Sharpshadow looked as though his eyes might fall out, Lilacfur smiley as eyes, Forestshade- well- it was her son that grabbed his attention, loud and unhinged ol' Screechpaw, who screeched (ha ha) for his mother above all the rest. Playing favourites, were we?

"Forestshade! Lilacfur! Sharpshadow!" Again, he was a glimmering part of the chorus, grinning bright, joyful. No playing favourites, here!
penned by pin ♡

This meeting was so long how was he supposed to have the patience to listen to everything that was being said?!. Chilledstar really needed to learn how to speak less, oh maybe he could teach them!. Oh wait they had been mean to Big Fry too which meant he was supposed to be angry at them!. What a chatterbox their leader was!. Pipit spoke a lot less then they did!. Basilpaw lost his interest to listen until the apprentice ceremony arrived and Pipit's name got called out to be a mentor to...Singekit. Oh. He was going to be their mentor?. Basilpaw turned his attention over to look at the two with his wide owl looking eyes growing distant as he just stared at them.

The meeting moved on after all the apprentice ceremonies were over and done with to finally come to the moment when Pipit and his siblings was going to get their warrior names!. That made him excited and thrilled!. Basilpaw could barely seat still as he waited what Pipit's name was going to be!. Hawkstride was an cool name for sure but he was sure it wouldn't beat Pipit's name!. And he was right!. Basilpaw almost lost his jaw right there and then. Pipitclaw, Pipitclaw!! that was a such cool name!!. He started to shift around in his seat barely able to sit still any longer!. He wanted to shout out their name!.

And soon enough he did as he joined the rest in the clan. [ " PIPITCLAW!! PIPITCLAW!! PIPITCLAW!! FORESTSHADE !! AND EVERYONE ELSE!!" he shouted as loudly as he could as he jumped up and down like a bouncy ball.

Reactions: pipitclaw !!

Down at the incurved foundation of Clanrock, Smogmaw assumes his time-honoured position. Chin held aloft, shoulderblades jutting behind in authoritative composure, the deputy faced out upon his clanmates with poise verging on condescension. His half-lidded eyes flicked across each cat in turn, passing judgement unrequited towards the warriors-to-be, outsiders deemed worthy of elevation into their ranks. Rather than condemnation, it's more a cautious evaluation; welcoming Snipe, Hawk, and Pipit to the fold cracks open ShadowClan's isolationist shell for the first time in many, many moons. Could this initiate a shift towards greater trust towards outsiders? A softening of the borders? Time alone will reveal the answer, for better or for worse.

Absorption glosses over his focus when his leader opens on a bold note; Chilledstar outwardly scorns the newest instalment to the Warrior Code, guiding a swathe of kits to an elevated position in the clan, age notwithstanding. Smogmaw concedes it is a crafty decision. To start training at six moons — nearly twice the historic precedent — endows a disadvantage, what with the time lost in perfecting rudimentary skills which would usually have been mastered long ago. The longer the investment in an apprentice's education, the more assured their prowess will blossom. Younger cats can be malleable, influenced easier. Molded out of their juvenile stubbornness into disciplined pupils. The tom sees no reason to object. ShadowClan has more urgent matters demanding their attention, at any case.

He listens on, his ears tweaked upright when Chilledstar reveals he'll be doubling up on apprentices. Twice the responsibility, and at a time where he must prepare for Ashenpaw's assessment. It's no cause for consternation, for the deputy values hard work above all. He does, though, ungraciously clear his throat as the newly-named Bloodpaw dawdles forth. Ferndance's progeny. Stars grant him whatever strength they can, should she echo her forebears' offbeat nature. "You better," he mrowrs in response to her promise, pawing at the wetness left upon his nose. "I know not how I'll teach you to hunt in camp, but know that training starts soon."

His fledgling protege scampers away thereafter, allowing the deputy to return his attention back towards Chilledstar. In turn, the snow-streaked feline draws the proverbial spotlight onto three warriors in particular. Lilacfur. Forestshade. Two cats whom had dedicated a good portion of their lives towards the clan's betterment, selflessly. Loyally, perhaps. Sharpshadow's name also rolls off his leader's tongue, prompting Smogmaw to cant his head in reverent respect. New Lead Warriors, the whole lot. Congratulations are in order.

"Lilacfur!" bellows his gravelly tone, a molly noble in stature and decorum. Her highborn bloodline has clinched yet another milestone. "Forestshade!" he cheers afterwards, a gifted huntress who rises above physical adversity, her vigilant efforts recognised in spades. "And Sharpshadow!" The final name rises to a crescendo. Pride, a fickle kind of pride, suffuses his baroque pelt at his former apprentice's appointment. She deserves this, and it was through his guidance which cultivated this. The deputy has every bit of reason to feel the glint in his murky amber hues.

During previous meetings during Shadekit's lifetime, she had been either nursing or sleeping. This time around, she was shifting back and forth on restless paws, staring up at Chilledstar, whiskers angled forward, hanging on to every word. Her tail flicked every few breaths, occasionally tapping against the forms of her littermates beside her. This meeting was the way out, and an invitation for her to experience so many things. She would feel fresh, unknown marsh under her paws. She would see swaths of untouched snow, spaces that dwarfed camp. She would slink along like the shadows she was named after, hunt a frog, carry it back to camp proudly. She loved the warmth and safety of the nursery, being curled against Ferndance's side and falling asleep to the sound of her purring, but it was getting cramped. Shadekit was ready.

"...so that you may one day pass these teachings to an apprentice of your own?" As soon as Chilledstar's sentence ended, she blurted out, "Yes!" and then, in moments, was basking in her new name. Shadepaw. She mouthed it to herself as she lifted her chin, and then turned to glance over her shoulder, catching a glimpse of Lilacfur. Her name was pretty self-explanatory, and it made her pretty easy to recognize. Shadepaw's mind was still buzzing through the rest of the announcements, her excitement over her new rank making it hard to pay attention to everything. Their green gaze sought out Honeymoon, and then Skunktail's children, and then ShadowClan's new Lead Warriors, Lilacfur one of them. They raised their chin a little higher.

They turned to go, to finally run up and touch noses with Lilacfur, but Chilledstar wasn't done. Roosterstrut, poor snow-covered guy, had gone missing and... Shadepaw was still stuck in camp. They blinked, shifted to make confused eye contact with any of their siblings. Twitched their tufted ears, to make sure they were working right, but Chilledstar just doubled down. No exploring the territory. No playing in the outside snow. No hunting out there. They would be hidden among the brambles for another two moons. A rare frown swept across their features.

They padded to meet their mentor all the same, just without a bounce in their step. They pressed their nose to Lilacfur's. Next to the well-built warrior, they felt small, but still... cats who had been apprenticed at four months old seemed fine leaving camp so far. Their only consolation was Lilacfur's words, which they took as a promise. "Really? Okay," They nodded, paused for a heartbeat, and then they added, struck by some important thoughts, "Do you think there'll be anything to hunt in camp? Other than cats. I caught Hawk- Hawkstride a while ago."

At the call of her leader, Forestshade touches her tail to Sweetpaw who walks at her side and guides him to the gathering of cats. She finds a seat near the middle, where she can be surrounded by the scents and voices of her clanmates. Though she knows they can't see it, she smirks in assurance when Sweetpaw presses closer to her. She knows by now her apprentice is quite clingy, but she's gotten used to it. Screechpaw's scent washes over her next and she offers her other son a half-smile of greeting in response to his touch before focusing on the meeting.

Forestshade has never been the lawful sort, but still, she's shocked to hear Chilledstar apprenticing the kits so young. Her leader had just agreed to the new Code at the last Gathering...why in StarClan are they breaking it already? It seemed unusual, but she says nothing, only frowning in response. It's confusing, so she won't dwell on it.

A new warrior is named, and with that she thinks the meeting will draw to a close. She begins to stand, only to hear her name accompanied by Lilacfur and Sharpshadow. Ears pricking in surprise, her brows lift as she listens to the invitation to Chilledstar's own council. Warmth washes over her, and suddenly all questioning of Chilledstar's code-breaking is forgotten, replaced by pride and a deep feeling of accomplishment. Her clanmates cheer her name, but she hears her children's shouts the loudest. She snorts in amusement and wacks each of them good-naturedly with her tail (the action could even be seen as one of gratitude) before she takes a confident step forward. With a toothy grin, the young warrior lightly calls back, "I'll make sure none of these furballs step outta line, Chilledstar!" Thank you....