STRONGER MONSTERS ✬ pre-gathering chatter

"Wow! Just wow!" Shiningpaw finds himself gawking up at the tree tops that over-hung the clearing where the Gathering took place. It was his first Gathering in truth, but he understood how it worked thanks to the tales told to him by his mentor and from his friends. To be surrounded by so many other cats from the other clans... it was almost surreal. A broad grin filled his face as he marched forward with an air of confidence about himself. The fluffy tom found himself a place to sit, and that placed him next to a RiverClanner. "Hey there! I'm Shiningpaw, who might you be?" He queried as he looked at Condorcackle with growing curiosity. "Is it just me or is there some weird tension in the air? Bah! Probably doesn't matter. Anyhooo! How's the weather been with you guys? That blizzard was well nasty!"

//Interacting with @Condorcackle , open to other interactions

Thick limbs swivel under the urchin of a lead warrior, grey eyes lingering and meeting eyes. Pensive and glistening from the moon bathed snow hills and smothering shadows of the large oaks. Though a collar swung from a bandaged neck, it hangs from a vengeful skull with a bladed tongue thirsting for all things Windclan. On this night, enemies sit together and forge their political paths.

A hateful pair of steel optics find familiar Windclanners, and he’s unable to keep himself from staring. That’s when he spots, Coyotepaw. Instantly, he pushes toward him with heavy thudding pawsteps. So, that moorland rat had lied about his son’s condition. Of course, liars and thieves sprout from the hillside like weeds. Nothing mattered now, his son- needed to come home. Before it was too late, something had to be said.

He aims to wordlessly touch his nose to Coyotepaw’s temple. A familial symbol of greeting, despite the war waged between.

" my son " his tone is shallow as he studies the boy, limbs carved by running the moor. Muscles under a pale flame pelt, it was his child- star-given by Leopardcloud but his child no less. Juniperfrost would never take this claim unless Coyotepaw wished. " I see you’ve proved your loyalty enough to attend gatherings " it’s a quiet faded scolding, " Your sisters Pricklekit and Eveningkit, were in the den tail-lengths from the patrol I can imagine you lead " he adds, eyes flicking from Coyotepaw’s eye to eye as this would be the news of his new siblings for him no doubt.

" Deersong and I, however. Forgive you. … for I know it was that tyrant who made you do it…and that brown tabby with the white markings on his face told me you were sick and dying. Deceitful liars " his words a herald of his mindset, sudden fury returning.

" Things are going to change Coyotepaw. You no longer need to worry yourself with starting war between Sky and Wind. For our stones have already been cast. You could come home now. " he steps closer, a whisper- only to be heard by the young Windclanner.

• @Coyotepaw

• MqZ0nzd.png
    ✧ T H I S T L E B A C K
    thirty-three moons
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan
    taken by
    Deersong 9.29.22
    — mentoring quillpaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
  • bVBPWus.png

• Love
Reactions: Sedgerunner
Another full moon, another gathering. Roosterstrut has been so hungry lately that a trek to the meeting place seemed a bit treacherous, but he was young and strong. He had to muster his strength and push on, if not to help ShadowClan look like it was still managing to stand on its own. Rooster couldn't imagine what clan would think to impose on their territory and take advantage of their weakness in this grueling time, but then again, things could get unpredictable. It was hard to trust anyone, except WindClan who had maintained something of a camaraderie with ShadowClan for a few moons now.

Speaking of WindClan, Roosterstrut had observed a plethora of fresh scratches and nicks decorating the moor cats. He could have sworn that he noticed a few SkyClanners looking a bit bruised and battered as well, but he couldn't say whether or not it was all related. Why not ask a WindClanner themselves?

The orange tabby tom noticed a couple of the moorland inhabitants chatting to one another, so he figured he'd stroll over and strike up a conversation. He approaches them, pale green hues glistening in the light of the moon above, and greets, "Howdy." It is not a common term used amongst the clan cats, Roosterstrut has noticed. He had picked it up from his parents; perhaps they learned it from the twolegplace?

Anyway, the young warrior meowed, "How's things with WindClan? It looks like you guys got some new scratches. Something happen?" Rooster doesn't consider himself an intrusive cat, someone who can't keep to his own business. He is generally non-confrontational and knows how to read a room, but then again, WindClan surely must have expected some questions about their appearance tonight. "Name's Roosterstrut, by the way. Don't mean to be nosy, just couldn't help but notice." The striped tom adds, realizing it would be more than customary to formally introduced himself to the strangers.

• interacting with @WOLFSONG and @Sedgerunner

• ROOSTERSTRUT
    —— amab, uses he/him pronouns. sixteen moons old. warrior of shadowclan.
    —— laid-back young adult who utilizes humor and fun in order to distract from serious matters. he is a decent warrior, though he hesitates to take risks.
    —— link to tags. @ on discord for plots.

roosterstrut is a vibrant orange tabby tom with pale green eyes. he stands at a height ever so slightly above the average. his fur is long and whispy and his tail is especially reminiscent of a rooster's. he sports a signature, goofy smirk and a mischievous glint in his eye.

Reactions: WOLFSONG
Tags and Information

As he sits, he can hear the familiar voice of an enemy, one scarred by Tigerfrost's own talons. Ears swivel and head turns, flaming eyes find their target. It's Thistleback, and he's speaking lowly to young Coyotepaw, too low to understand the words. Suspicion blossoms like ice within the brute's chest, and vision narrows bitterly, lip curling with silent distaste. In a mere moment, he wipes the expression from his face, finds his cold paws and sweeps himself off of the ground with a flourish of his long tail.

He will not stand around and allow such blatant corruption, will not let the SkyClanner drip poison into the apprentice's ears. And oh, could he be so very cruel about it, like twisting a knife into an open wound. His face shifts, morphs into something uncanny, a smile, venomous and unkind, the mask of a viper.

Tigerfrost approaches the pair, ears pricked and tail high. No hostility shows upon his features as he sweeps ever closer, taking a stand at Coyotepaw's side. His eyes shift, glisten with hell-fire, rake up the scarred length of Thistleback's throat with visible satisfaction, oh yes, he lets the glow show, lets the pride flicker through his gaze.

With a sickly sweetness, Tigerfrost speaks, "Coyotepaw, are you enjoying the gathering? It is your first one since you joined WindClan, isn't it?" He makes conversation, nefarious intent twisting his mind, gaze flashing between the apprentice and the SkyClanner with a near uncontained malice. "Why don't you come and sit with your clan-mates, hm? No sense in kicking the poor kittypets while they're down. Since you're a loyal WindClanner now, I realize that's what you must have been doing, right?" Oh, he enjoyed it, such venom to his fangs, such rotten honey that rolled from his tongue as pupils flicker deviously toward Thistleback. It's a harsh reminder to Coyotepaw, of just who he belonged to now. WindClan.

"Come away from him, young apprentice. You wouldn't want to get in trouble with Sootstar on your first gathering, after all. We should be on our best behavior." Hidden beneath that casual tone is a warning, cruel as it is. Tigerfrost will tell Sootstar everything he sees, everything he hears, from young Coyotepaw. Should the apprentice show any sign of affection or loyalty to this... SkyClan worm, well... Coyotepaw would surely not be fond of the consequences. He gestures with his tail back toward most of where WindClan had settled.

@Coyotepaw @ThistleBack

His first gathering and...he had never seen this many cats before in his entier life. He was scared and wanted to go home already. How was he supposed to survive this?. Perchpaw would out of anxiety take a step to the side and accidentally bump into his father who had come along with him. " Be careful where you walk Perchy..." his father would mutter, casting a cold side glance down at his daughter with his only working eye. Perchpaw would bite back a small whine as he took a step back, and nodded his head at them while staring down at his paws. A sigh could be heared coming from the silver tabby. " Just try and not embarass me today." he would depart from his daughter with this words thinking it would be good for them to attend this gathering on their own. They needed to get used to being around other cats, to be on her own and not always chasing his shadow. Jawstrike wanted their daughter to grow up to become a strong and confident young warrior, not like the current version of them. Nothing good would come out of it.

Perchpaw on the other hand looked panicked as his father disappeared into the crowd and he tried to follow them but..but...there was too many cats! and after almost running into one of them all confidence was gone. Perchpaw looked like a terrified rabbit there he stood at the center of it all and everything started to spin around him as everyones started to look like monsterous faces, and his heart was racing, pounding like crazy!. The ground was shaking, the trees growing in closer and he felt like the whole world was coming in to crush down on him!.

Perchpaw couldn't stand it, he couldn't stay!. So he turned around to run away to take shelter behind one of the bushes. Behind there in safety from all of the eyes he would fall down to his stomach, and he would sob quietly as he tried to cover his mouth with his paws in hope no one would hear him. I wanna go home!, Dad please...come back!.... He couldn't do this...why.. why did he have to come!.

Missed it, missed it; he was restless on the journey over, knowing he had to hide his connection and yet... feeling more than ever that he had to demonstrate it. He could not believe he had missed it. Cryostasis had kept him captured, walled-in with no escape and no knowledge of how the moon acted, strung up in the sky. Had it flared in anger that they had not met? That Dawnglare could have been there, waiting in that blizzard barrage, freezing and- and-

Wary eyes, wide, studied his fellow Windclanners for a few fleeting moments. Tigerfrost seemed distracted with Coyotepaw, the apprentices were entertaining themselves. Moon-gleam gaze sought the one whom his heart was tied to, the one his Clan (bitter as that word tasted, even in his grin) had attempted to take from. Swallowing, he moved cautiously through the throng until upon a dawn-darkened face his attention fell. A sigh of relief sagged his shoulders for a moment, slipped through his fangs- a beeline was picked, his friends long forgotten.

"Hi, hi," quickened through breath, the word came with reprieve and worry all at once. A fleeting lean forward pressed his muzzle up against Dawnglare's, fleeting touch- all he could afford, with potentially glaring gazes. How ashamed he felt that his happiness should be repressed like this? His grin remained, though his inhalations wavered, stuttered with worry. "I'm- s-so sorry, I... you didn't go, did you?"

Maybe nature had done them a favour, delayed their meeting on both ends so no-one would be wronged.

\ made an immediate beeline for @DAWNGLARE >:)
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

Moonpaw had not wanted to come but she had forced herself to, she wasn't sure why. Was it to be appear mature, collected more than she truly was? Had she come to make a point that she was doing well in ThunderClan and happy there? Even she was confused by her own feelings, but nonetheless she came. There was no immediate desire to run off and socialize though she did want to look around a bit before they left, but right now the tortie point was content to perch herself next to her uncle and observe in silence. Her father was already sitting with the other leaders, above them, towering, looking down upon the masses that now included her. She made a point to not look up, she didn't want to see him and unearth those awful feelings that kept flitting to the surface of her mind on occasion. She wished SkyClan hadn't come to the gathering this moon, their scent and presence was making her fur prickle in unease but the apprentice held herself together as best she could, only slightly shifting her paws where she sat anxiously.
With hope it would be an uneventful night and they could return home to their warm dens quickly.

-Sticking by @RACCOONSTRIPE but open to interactions.

──⇌•〘 INFO His gaze is still rotating between his scattered clanmates when it catches on the RiverClanner he'd fought fleetingly. He's talking to a SkyClanner, which does not surprise Wolfsong; RiverClan and SkyClan must both be licking each other's arses. What reward does SkyClan have in mind for them, he wonders?

Sedgerunner is a tangle of nerves beside him, and her anxious query draws his attention from the various intermingling of RiverClan and SkyClan cats. He glances between her and Snailpaw, a thoughtful furrow between his eyes. "Leave them be," Wolfsong murmurs after a moment. "They will never be a warrior if we hide them away and cover their ears when a few hackles raise." If something worse does happen, Wolfsong doubts it will be Snailpaw's doing.

Wolfsong nudges her shoulder gently with one of his own and smiles lightly. "Besides, they have you watching over them, and as I recall, you've outpaced rabbits. No one would reach them before you." As he's watching her, he notices a flame-furred cat approach, taller than Wolfsong but smaller than Sunstride. A ShadowClanner, he soon learns, and the greeting he uses is unfamiliar to Wolfsong. How dee...? Does he mistake me for someone named Dee? No, that makes no sense at all.

He settles for dipping his head to him politely, and straightens when the ginger asks after his wounded clanmates. No doubt RiverClan and SkyClan have spun their tales to any who listen, but it seems ShadowClan is left in the dark. "It is not a glorious tale. If SkyClan and RiverClan say otherwise, I wouldn't know, but I will tell you what I do know: Dandelionwish asked for herbs to heal our dying; Dawnglare refused." And now Dandelionwish is imprisoned on Sootstar's orders following a vision, but Wolfsong does not mention this. "Were we to stare into the sallow faces of our friends and family and tell them they would die for SkyClan's amusement? No; we followed Dawnglare's example and refused. We raided their herbs as the great storm bit at our eyes and buried our paws, and when SkyClan called, RiverClan answered." Noticing Mallowlark behind Roosterstrut's shoulder, heading into an affectionate embrace with Dawnglare, his eyes narrow. I am surprised Sootstar permits such an entanglement. Would Dawnglare have offered herbs if Mallowlark lay still and fevered? Risky. Sunstride may be interested in this.

Wolfsong clears his throat and continues, returning his single eye to the red tom. "We left with the catmint, but we lost one of our warriors in the battle. Had we meekly allowed Dawnglare to choose their fates, we would stand over even more graves." Despite the strength of conviction in his rasping voice, Wolfsong sighs and shakes his head before offering Roosterstrut a wan smile.

"Wolfsong, and this is Sedgerunner. I've heard ShadowClan struggles as well. Have you been keeping warm, at least?"

//noticing @cranecatcher & @MALLOWLARK , interacting with @Sedgerunner & @ROOSTERSTRUT

• Love
Reactions: Sedgerunner

Not long after her little outburst, her brother brushes past and warns her against saying anything stupid so as not to disappoint their father. Howlpaw rolls her eyes slightly. "Pah, I'm sure dad wouldn't mind," She responds quietly, watching as her brother begins to pad away and join the medicine cats now.

Chrysalispaw, though not appearing to be grateful for her interception, did at least back her up on her comment towards Snailpaw. Snailpaw however took the words surprisingly well and gave an honest response about how the only time he had gone in the tunnels was to find mushrooms. Howlpaw looked at her clanmate and raised a brow, not entirely sure what to make of Snailpaw's words. The WindClan apprentice smiled brightly as he encouraged them to stay innocent, commenting that the clans would test them. Howlpaw's tail twitched irritably at those words. "I'm well aware of what it's like to be tested by the clans," She said glumly.

@CHRYSALISPAW @SNAILPAW

The tense gathering is smothering, and he feels himself drifting quickly away from any traces of the Windclan scent as if it were black-cough’s touch itself. He feels for the first time, comfort in the scent of Skyclan. He was brazenly searching for a blue tinted pelt, and white tufted forehead. Though the Skyclanner seemed focused, Dogteeth makes his way through the crowd like a snake.

" Juice! you’re okay " Dogteeth mrrowed with a gleeful flick of his sheep wool tail as he bounds toward the other and delicately aims to touch a cold paw to the other’s shoulder. " When that Skyclan apprentice came to us… I thought of you. I didn’t go- but… the patrol was some of the best of Riverclan " he murmurs now, it was true- Dogteeth wasn’t the strongest of cats.

• @Grapejuice

• — Dogteeth
    — twenty-five moons
    2023 VOICE & ACCENT
    — warrior of Riverclan
    — gay | crushing on n/a
    — small curly-furred blonde and tan tom with blue eyes.
    — very gentle soul / easily upset and sensitive
    — deals a nasty bite
    BIOGRAPHY——— ✧
  • ix6h0aj.jpg

Following after her clanmates Hollow Tree watches as cats begin to mingle. This was her first gathering. The warrior was taking steps to be more present. So, instead of offering to stay back at camp she came out into the full moon. Her yellow eyes looked over all the cats. There were so many. Hollow Tree was lost in thought. Snapping out of it when she came across a familiar feline. Getting to her paws, her heart felt a little lighter seeing them once again.

“Fireflypaw. I hope you and Howlpaw are doing well.” she comments, taking note that some of the other Skyclanners looked injured. Had they been in a fight? She looked over Firefly, wondering if they had also been hurt. “How are you?” she asks, wondering if they even wanted to speak to her.
[ you fall through the trees . tags ]

// talking to @Fireflypaw, open to other interactions <3

More clan mates began to enter the clearing, either sporting friendly grins or suspicious glares. Soon, the clearing fills up with different color coats and patterns, leaving it hard for Cindershade to swiftly identify her clan mates. A plethora of scents enter her nostrils, all mixing together into a cacophony of just—cat. She silently observes, a statuesque figure cloaked by shadow at the edge of the clearing near the fronds. She makes no attempt to socialize, doesn't feel the need to. But her ears buzz with different voices, catching brief conversations between warriors and apprentices together.
It was eerie. All clans mushed together into one. It reminded her of her younger days being in Hare Whisker's group. Those days were long gone. Cindershade shuffles shaded paws in attemptto make herself more comfortable before a flash of blue catches her eye. Chartreuse colored eyes find a young apprentice cloaked under a lump of ferns, blubbering and shaking like a mere newborn. She was just about to ignore them until she realized it was Perchpaw in those ferns, clearly overstimulated from the overwhelming number of other cats.
The ebony warrior signs, throwing her head back to look at the clear sky. Why? Cindershade grumbles, gliding swiftly over to where Perchpaw feebly attempted to hide himself. "Perchpaw. Perchpaw, get up." She states, but his incessant crying doesn't stop. He doesn't seem to hear her cool tone. Her brows furrowed in annoyance, finally yanking back the tendrils to show the hidden apprentice. "Perchpaw!" She border-line yells at the young tom, her gaze fierce. "Get up, young one. Come sit by me. And cease that crying. You will be fine." Her tone grows a bit more soft, but not much. Apprentices always seemed to annoy her, as if they knew just how to pick at her nerves. But she despised anyone who cried. It made her severely uncomfortable, and if that meant she had to be nice, then she'd reluctantly do so. The warrior moves enough to let him slip out, still holding the fronds open for him. "Be strong for your clan, boy. RiverClanners are proud and strong."

(Interacting with @PERCHPAW )
[ SILENCE IS DEAFENING ]

Ravenpaw glanced up in surprise to see another large black cat approach him. His ears nervously began to fold themselves over, but he calmed once the scent of ThunderClan reached his tongue. While he was unaware of the official status his clan had with the forest group, he had once been on patrol to their border and noted how friendly they were. "Hah," Ravenpaw scoffed with half-hearted amusement. "As well as attempts to make their weaknesses look like successes, too, hm?" He posited, remembering the drama that had unfolded last Gathering.

When Tornadopaw replied, his ears pricked up again. It was her first gathering—curious. He knew she was younger, but he had not known how young. "I'm from RiverClan—I hope I don't smell like fish." He curled his long, fluffy tail over his paws. "You have a different leader representative from what I remember of last Gathering." He noted. "What's their name?" He had never taken into account the deputies admittedly, only knowing his own.

// interacting with @Tornadopaw & @BURNPAW !

He was delighted to hear the familiar voice of Dogteeth, and even moreso to see him weaving through the crowd. The only Riverclanner he liked. Well. The only one he knew.

"Dogteeth!"

He hopped to his feet excitedly and bounced to meet him. He accepted the tap...It made him SO HAPPY. He wanted to explode. He returned the tap, tapping Dogteeth on his shoulder.

"You thought of me...?" He was going to explode even more now. Holy shit. HE THOUGHT OF HIM!!!!! Okay. Get it together.

" I wasn't there either... My twolegs made me stay inside- though the entrance to the nest was blocked by snow anyways so nobody was going anywhere." He explained.

He felt very guilty about it, honestly. His clan needed him, and he wasn't there. He was considering becoming a full time warrior... But he was hesitant.

" I'm just glad everyone is safe! Honestly, I knew Windclan was going to attack someone some day." He said. "Didn't think they would do it in a blizzard though. Kinda thought they were smarter than that."

He didn't care if a Windclanner heard him. It was stupid!!! They could have all died! Not that he cared, though.

"You guys are strong, I heard Windclan went running the moment Riverclan showed up!" He continued.

"..... I'm glad you stayed safe, though." He said as he shuffled his paws. If they had hurt Dogteeth he was going to smite them.

@DogTeeth

WE'VE BEEN DOIN' ALL THIS LATE NIGHT TALKIN' ✧
He can feel the burning stare of cats as he joins the other medicine cats, paws shuffling beneath himself. He's thankful his sister is a bit more happy to banter with others, unafraid of backlash- but he was always a pacifist. Fireflypaw would rather die than fight cats who were not much older or younger than him; perhaps that was what made him the Chosen One. Right? Dawnglare said he'd make sure Fireflypaw never died, never had to deal with the pain of his family losing him like they lost their sister. His eyes flick upwards towards the full moon as he thinks of Morningpaw, wondering if she was watching him. Are you proud, baby sister? Bubba's gotten bigger, he can protect Howlpaw in his new position. Make sure she stays alive, healthy. Isn't that great? Despite his acceptance of Morningpaw's death, the thought of her still brought tears to his eyes.

He's pulled from his thoughts when a familiar voice reaches his ears, Fireflypaw leading his blurry gaze over to Hollow Tree. "Hollow Tree? Is that you?" He faintly remembers the smell of pine, of dense wood and blush greens. Firefly feels the guilt swallow him once again, just as it had when he and Howlpaw had made their decision to move to SkyClan. To leave most of their family behind. A sheepish smile takes its place on his lips, eyes shutting to protect the sensitive irises beneath. "I'm sorry, my sight's not as good anymore." Excuses, yet the truth. Hollow Tree asks how he and his sister is doing, and it's almost instinct to say 'we're fine' to change the subject. But this is family, people he couldn't possibly push away. They didn't do anything wrong to him.

"We're doing okay. Howlpaw is progressing super well in her training, from what I've been told. As for me.. I suppose the news will be announced tonight, y'know? It's pretty big news. Mama would be proud of me." Her son is the Chosen One, after all. StarClan graced and blessed! He lets his chest puff out a bit in pride, grinning widely up to Hollow Tree. "How are you? Whitecough has been spreading around quite quickly. I even got it myself- hopefully everyone in ThunderClan is still healthy?"

ab67616d00001e02dab7f2a301c34bb398175b8a
♚ It's almost instant that the smell of heather hits her nose, though she's thankful that it isn't Juniperfrost or Weaselclaw tromping their pompous asses over to her to call her a traitor. Instead, it's the lanky form of her precious son who wobbles over and nuzzles into her chest. He stutters out her name, his adorable voice now hinting his growing age. She instantly leans into him, paws gently cradling her son's face to get a good look at him. "Oh, mein Sohn.." Hyacinthbreath coos softly, aching inside at the very thought that he and his siblings were alone in WindClan now. "I am so sorry.. So, so sorry.. To have lost Wisteriapaw to such a harsh death.. I.." She swallows back her cracking voice, trying to muster up the courage to soothe the young tom. She takes a moment to look over his pelt, frowning- he was getting skinnier. "Have you been eating, love? Do I need to go catch you something?"

Though, her worrying is quickly cut off by the monotoned drawl of Heartening, eyes rolling as she realizes just who is talking to her. "Ugh, not you again.." She mumbles softly, remembering the tom from the last patrol to the Thunderpath she had taken when she was of WindClan. Talking about clanmates being flattened under those stinking monsters.. How annoying. "Smogmaw, is it?" She's heard his name once; but only once. Luckily for her, her memory is quite good. She never forgot a voice. Don't mean to interpose, so forgive me, "Here it goes.." She grumbles softly, pulling Periwinklepaw close to her once more. The gaze of Iciclepaw doesn't go unnoticed, the burning judgement clear- though Hyacinth makes sure to make eye contact with her and blink momentary thanks. Just this once, let her.. Let her be with him just this once. Just as soon, however, Smogmaw gets to talking again.

..but after hearing Sootstar's interpretation of recent events, I've become all the more interested in learning how Hyacinthbreath would describe them. Hyacinthbreath bites at the inside of her cheek, trying her best to hold back a snappy remark about how their Queen had lost her stardamn mind, but holds herself quietly instead. I feel there's more to the story than what's been let on. Hyacinthbreath lets out a snort. Boy, did this one pay attention.. "I don't know what you mean," She hums softly, maintaining her air of stoic aloofness just for this moment. "It's none of my business what she thinks. I'm not her Lead Warrior anymore, I'm a RiverClan Warrior." Just barely, if people would just trust me for once. But she doesn't voice such things. "What does it matter to you? Your Clan is allied to hers."

// interacting with @Periwinklebreeze. and @smogmaw ; briefly made eye contact with @iciclepaw and acknowledged her. ​

❝ there are wounds inside me, gaping holes of disconnect.
can you drown inside your own body? can you suffocate within this mind? ❞
dasj6kh-fcc362f4-4eae-4ea0-ab51-566d06091b70.png

dfkfdmq-ba5e648e-3fdd-4ae2-b8cc-39432d739976.gif
Blazestar and Sootstar? They both looked different from what she had imagined… Blazestar was bright-furred and large, she’d not want to get into a fight with him. Sootstar was dark-furred and tiny, polar opposite of the other leader. They remind her of the sun and moon.

Raccoonstripe tells her the other cat is not Pitchstar, it is their deputy Chilledgaze. She nods, that must mean Pitchstar was dead, right? Chilledgaze was probably Chilledstar by now… She’s about to ask but a few moments have already passed, the warrior had slipped away to speak with a cat whose scent was foreign to her.

”Must suck having your leader die.” Ragwortpaw contemplates out loud, continuing to stare at the leaders on the rock.

//Open to interaction!

unknown.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· RAGWORTKIT, female — she / her
╰ ‣ named for her health & strength at birth .
╰ ‣ 5 moons . ages on the ??
╰ ‣ thunderclan apprentice . loner born . believes in starclan

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, oak and maple trees , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue furred . long-hared . a very furry head, chest, and tail

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝​
EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Hufflepuff, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Kind-hearted . Honest . Loud .Justice-seeking . People-pleaser . Gullible . Empty-headed . Humorous
╰ ‣ Though she is all brawn and no brain, Ragwort tries her best and carries a bleeding heart to all whom surround her. She takes the role of "big sister" with her siblings and friends, never failing to have their backs, take care of them, and defend them when needed (sometimes even jumping the gun). While she doesn't offer the best emotional support (not due to a lack of trying) she gives the best hugs and is great at giving cats distractions with her shenanigans.
╰ ‣ finds minimal difficulty relating to others . wears a bleeding heart

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· GRIME x CINDERFROST, sister to toadpaw, prowlingpaw, hollypaw
╰ ‣ unknown sexuality.
╰ ‣ poor fighter . poor hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

• Crying
Reactions: Floppie
I won't apologize for being who I am
A cool nose parts the thin fur of his temple, the gentle touch startling the boy as he turns to see Thistleback in the flesh and not merely in a dream. Mint colored optics that have adopted a cold and calculating glare over the past moon melts and softens in the presence of the bicolored tom. "Dad..." He voices breathlessly as his heart hammers within his chest. Excitement and longing quickening its pace just as much as fear and anxiety. Windclan, they would not be happy to see him conversing with Thistleback, but he could not pass up this opportunity to speak with him. With blood and tears he'd managed to make it to this point, if only to manage a few words. Although he wanted nothing more than to nuzzle up against his true father and cry out his woes.

The urge to check his surroundings eavesdroppers burns within him but he did not want to risk being seen as suspicious. Instead he continues to face Thistleback and keeps his ears keen and nose poised to pick up on any encroaching windclan scent. "Dad I-" "I see you’ve proved your loyalty enough to attend gatherings." The comment causes a fresh wave of guilt to wash over him, his large form shrinking against the chastisement. But the news of kittens surprises him as well. "Sisters? They had kittens?" His maw pulls into a frown, eyes shamefully averting Thistleback's gaze. He'd missed so much, and the raid on skyclan had further damaged what remained of his reputation no doubt.

"I had no choice..." He whispers, voice quivering as the vivid memories replay. "I tried to slow down the patrol as much as I could, I took detours...anything to stall for time. But Juniperfrost was there to watch me. I-I didn't fight anyone from skyclan, how could I? I just," "Stood there." Is what nearly tumbled from his lips as the memory flashed before him, crushing guilt rendering him incapable of movement. Coyote sniffles, emitting a chuckle that holds no amusement. "I don't deserve your apology, not after what I've done. Sometimes...I feel like a shell of myself, like windclan is eating me alive. I don't think I'm the same boy you once knew." He admits, eventually looking up to meet his father figure's silver eyes.

Perhaps Tigerfrost was right. Perhaps that enthusiastic little tom that tried to see the bright side of everything had died, only to leave a walking husk behind. Finally a proposal is made, an offer to come back home and Coyote nearly accepts on the spot. But the thought of him making a drastic decision that would cause a greater rift between the two clans keeps him from agreeing. Continuing his whisper he adds "I can't...not now, there's too much at risk. But we will talk." Not soon after a thicker veil of windclan scent washes over him, ushering in the presence of Tigerfrost. Irritation blooms within his chest, knowing that his time with Thistleback was drawing to a close. The tone that held soft adoration deepened into the usual distant notes, peppered with spite. "I guess so."

Heat burns underneath his pelt as the agitation rises. Of course it would be one of Sootstar's most loyal dogs that attempts to catch him in the wrong. The boy sets his jaw throughout the warrior's belittling of Thistleback, mint colored eyes hardening with ire but he dares not narrow them at Tigerfrost. To speak out would only mean punishment no matter how much he wanted to defend the bicolored tom. Picking up on the threat the boy stands slowly to his paws. pelt bristling with contempt, though it easily could've been mistaken as fluffing up against the winter chill. He would not give Tigerfrost the satisfaction of verbally agreeing with him. Instead, Coyotepaw begrudgingly turns and walks back in the direction of gathered windclanners.
(interacting with @ThistleBack and @TIGERFROST)
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you

• Love
Reactions: ThistleBack

Exile, it appears, isn't enough to scrub a WindClan cat of their innate self-importance.

Hyacinthbreath's standoffish nature is received by a flick of the brows. He fails to see the issue which she has evidently taken with his questions. The words of the wee lynx-point are snide initially, though they take on a more callow inflexion when her answers become longer than simple utterances.

Her presumption of a sympathetic attitude towards Sootstar is met with a sharp exhale through the nose—that is to say, her presumption would have been met with such an exhale had his nostrils not been made congested from the cold air. The muck pits back home were not anywhere near as mucous as the tom's nasal cavities right now.

"I sincerely doubt that WindClan would so much as put a paw on ShadowClan's territory if we were in any danger," declares the ashen tabby, mild irritation staining his otherwise neutral expression. Irritation, stemming from the state of his nose, as well as the reminder about his clan's alliance with the moor-dwellers. Apart from that charade of a feast so many moons ago, there has been no tangible effort to suggest such an alliance actually exists. "Sootstar is a well-known zealot, and her belligerence isn't any secret either. If she's now exiling the most prominent among her ranks on grounds of "treason", it's indicative of internal instability or worse."

Seeing how nasal breathing is a futile endeavour, Smogmaw lets out a weighted sigh. For a brief moment during his silence, the warrior sends a passing glance towards the cat nestled into Hyacinthbreath's pelt. He does not know of the younger one's name, but he can make an educated guess on his affiliation.

"A warmongering clan is an advantageous ally," he acquiesces, catching the form of WindClan's leader atop the Great Rock. "A clan at war with itself, however, cannot be trusted. Know that the alliance is built on foundations that most do not understand; and know that my clanmates' faith in it is not as steep as you presume."

His statement goes against Pitchstar's desired status quo, yet it's reflective of the common sentiment of his peers. He cannot recall any ShadowClan cat with a favourable opinion of WindClan, let alone a semblance of trust among them. Speaking his piece before an assumed WindClan apprentice does not trouble him whatsoever—for all he knows, the little fellow will join Hyacinth in exile before long.

Smogmaw lowers his voice. "My people are weak, hungry, and scared. Should Sootstar extend her volatility beyond the border, we would be overcome with ease." It is shameful to admit, yet it is the undeniable truth. One of the clan's lead warriors is dead on her feet as is. It does not even have to be an outright attack; any move to infringe on ShadowClan's safety won't come as a difficult task. "This is why I ask to know more... but imparting such knowledge while they linger about would be foolish. Please seek me out later on- that's all I ask."

His tail flicks impatiently behind him. A storm whirls over the horizon, he can feel it in the air.

// speaking with @hyacinthbreath , still interposing on @Periwinklebreeze. . still open to interaction >:3

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: hyacinthbreath

The thorny lead warrior felt his cold black heart swell in his chest cavity as the word dad is returned. Though his maw was always set in a deep scowl, it softened incredibly as he meets eye with the boy he let go. The son, who learned the flavor of cruelty at the paw of a world scrambling for meaning and chaos. A prisoner on the rolling moor. Hills that deserve to burst into flames as Thunderclan’s forest had.

Fangs part to protest Coyote’s notions, but there isn’t time. There never is, is there? The bristle backed beast glowers forth as a familiar face blooms into view.

" I should’ve known this shit would attract flies " he mutters a curse as he spots the shape and now familiar patterned coat pushing toward them. Thistleback schools his expression into a snobbish sneer as the white blotched warrior speaks filth. Shaking his head subtly as he coaxes Coyotepaw, wearing a grin for some reason. Thistleback itches for another go at this git, pluck out his damn eyes for even looking at his son. Such a slimy bruiser for a warrior.

Was this man proud of his failure, proud of his lies, of his obvious rascality. Thistleback eyed him now slowly, dragging his tongue over his teeth and little out a hum as the word kittypet dances the air. He had to fake it though, needed it to seem as though Coyotepaw hadn’t given him so much as a thought. " You’ve ruined him. Turned him dog. Now he hates me. Though, at least he’s not sick. You damned liar" Thistleback webs lies for the Windclanner to eat with tattered ears.

" What are you smirking at? If anything you Windclanners say is true. You should be grieving your dying clan. " he raises a paw to plant it a step closer toward his battle nemesis. " Good little Dog you are for her, eh?. " he challenges, though not smirking it could be heard in his tone.

" get back to your leash, yeah? " he turns his nose up toward Sootstar and grimaces at the sight of her.

• @TIGERFROST @Coyotepaw

• MqZ0nzd.png
    ✧ T H I S T L E B A C K
    thirty-three moons
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan
    taken by
    Deersong 9.29.22
    — mentoring quillpaw
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
  • bVBPWus.png

• Haha
Reactions: Sheogorath