The Pied Piper's assistant | pre-gathering chatter

Blazestar enters the clearing ahead of his Clan, and they’re quick to disperse among the cats in the forest. His own blue eyes wander toward the Great Rock, though he finds he isn’t quite ready to settle. Cicadastar lurks near Chilledstar, while Sootstar sits near a RiverClan lead warrior. At her side is a pale, fluffy imitation of her mate; Blazestar can only assume the apprentice is one of her kits. He averts his gaze, uninterested in interacting with any WindClan cat on this full moon. Where’s Howlingstar?

Other shapes stream by him. He sees a cat with a similar pelt to the ThunderClan leader, but he realizes after a heartbeat that it’s her son, one of the warriors on her council. At his side is Moonpaw. Blazestar looks at her with undisguised longing in his eyes—but she pays him no mind, nor does she pay Howlfire any mind. She icily finds a stranger with ShadowClan scent to talk to.

The Ragdoll’s jaw clenches. It is her right to talk to who she wishes, kin or not. She is almost a ThunderClan warrior now. Burnpaw, too, seems busy—he flicks a smaller version of himself with his tail before disappearing into the throng of cats. Blazestar’s gaze sharpens—this patch-pelted young feline is one of Little Wolf’s younger kits. One of his.

He draws closer almost hypnotically, unable to resist the urge to converse with one of his children. He settles beside them, clearing his throat to announce his presence. “Hello. Skypaw, right?” His golden tail curls about massive paws. “I’m sure we’ve met before… how’s your training coming along?” Perhaps it’d be strange for a leader to ask a kit he isn’t familiar with about their training, but Blazestar’s earnest expression implies he has a vested interest. After a heartbeat, dark blue eyes sweep around the clearing again, looking for Howlingstar.

// interacting with @skypaw. and looking for @HOWLINGSTAR

•  
  • blaise . blazestar
    — he/him ; leader of skyclan
    — pansexual ; divorced ; single
    — longhaired flame point Ragdoll with blue eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Mercibun

"BECAUSE COWBOY DAN'S A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE COWBOY SCENE"

C_Angelkisses.gif
Houndthistle lingers on the edge of the gathering, features cooled as he stood proudly in his little corner, as he keeps a stern eye on his clanmates. His gaze flicks among them all, landing briefly on Cygnetstare as she buts into a conversation with the Skyclan medicine cat and...
His eyes narrow, focusing in on the familiar pelt of the chimera. It takes alot of self-restraint to stop his claws from slipping their sheathes, inhaling sharply as his eyes snap away to avoid breaking down his entire morals to just swipe his claws at that stupid, annoying grinning cat. His eyes flicked around for... anything except Shadowclan or Riverclan to talk to when his gaze catches Sunflowerpaw approaching the same Shadowclan apprentice who'd they'd fought during the skirmish. His tongue flick out, dragging across his teeth in dark contemplation, glancing away finally, before he begins to move through the crowd, broad shoulders uncaring of anyone he bumps into until he sidled up next to two Thunderclanners, unfamiliar and, ultimately, the least harmful of those he could interact with. "Yeah, it's quite a spectacle," He muses, graveled tones dragged low to prevent spooking them. His features, though scarred and ruined by past battles, were cool and casual, "Houndthistle. How's the prey runnin' in Thunderclan?" His eyes gleamed with a sentimental look, almost thoughtful as he tilted his head in regards to the pair.

"speech"

• // glaring at @CHITTERTONGUE , watching @sunflowerpaw; talking to @Roeflame . & @BURNSTORM !
  • Physical Health
    75%
    ⤷ left eye is blinded, deep bite wound and claw marks in chest, stomach, face, and shoulders. Currently offscreen healing thanks to Wolfsong
    Mental Health
    98%

• Single | Bicurious | Not actively looking | Interested in Wolfsong, Scorchstreak, Sootspritespark

Houndthistle is both an easy one to gain the trust of and impossible to gain the trust of. He'll rarely reveal personal information or be vulnerable-if he's even capable of such things-but he will show trust in his willingness to lay his life down. To gain it, he needs evidence that you're loyal and strong, same as him, otherwise he understands he may one day have to come head to head with you.

— will start fights / will not flee / will not show mercy
    excels at Fighting, Tracking, Following Orders, Intimidation
    poor at climbing, swimming, stealth, talking, strategy, politics
    — sounds like: deep, gravelled and thick with a sort of country accent / Arthur Morgan
    — smells of iron, leather, and wood
    — speech is #435E75

Distraction, is what it was. He is up and away from the smiling ShadowClanner and his friend, now, weight instead shifted towards the tom whose importance he failed to recall. It's a snuffling expression he wears, and Dawnglare allows his own to mellow into thin - lipped neutrality, epitome of peace, aside from the slightest scrunch of the nose betraying disgust. Snippy; he seemingly prepares to say something the ought not to. He has half a mind to be angry at the tone he gabs with. Something like anger, perhaps.

And his brows pitch high upon his face. Dawnglare thinks– he thinks the voice is too passionate to be mere hypothetical. And he cannot resist the urge to cant further towards him; perhaps intrinsic kinship toward his strife. His eyes narrow, and he speaks, " I know what to place– and when, and with who, " he tells him, voice dragging oddly across unnatural inflections. And he smiles, even if he wants to grit his teeth at gnats back home who would rather claw out their eyes than listen to logic– and that was: intrinsically him. " And I know that they will be in the ground before I ever do more than speak with it. " He would not grieve for these fools, no matter how keenly a murderer thought he should.

He knew, he knew that vengeance would come to him one day, on a schedule he was not privy to, and that is fine. Perhaps he was still angry despite this though. Perhaps it would do him no good to seem entirely sound. Not every riddance was swift, so is the unfortunate way of things.

And he blusters a sigh through parted jaws. " Does it tire you? " Before, Dawnglare could've thought of at least three who tried to listen. Today, it would only be one, and a final cloud he is grasping at the hems of. Some times, he thinks he ought to stop caring entirely. Perhaps this was one of those days.

An oddity juts out toward them all, all pink eyes and blank - but - not. Stinking of WindClan filth. Wasn't he a traitor? Shouldn't he bring them home and see how easily their fool of a leader would believe this to be true? Lucky him that hatred runs deep enough, and at a glance, perhaps he and the ShadowClanner were similar in this way, too. " We were reveling in how much we would like to destroy you. " It was only half a lie, really.

• OOC: talking to mainly @smogmaw & also doxxing @cygnetstare
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 54 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Currently in an era of questioning; upset and uncomfortable by things he should not be.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
Tadpolepaw is polite, the tabby finds themself thinking as they nod in response to his own. Despite their striking difference in size, Sparrowpaw can tell the dark tom is several moons younger than them. Even so, he didn't seem like a new apprentice, hardly the age of four moons.

Gray eyes gazed up into green as they tried to puzzle it out, but it was left behind when he uttered his next question. Pale paws kneaded the ground beneath them. Earnestly, they nod when he guesses about their trees. "I like SkyClan lots!" they chirp. "They let me stay and helped me when I was hurt. I think most everyone is very nice. Like Fireflypaw! He's our medicine cat apprentice."

Their own head tilted as the apprentice's gaze flickered down to the ground in thought. "Lots of pine trees... it's very pretty! Different from Twolegplace. It smells better, and there's a lot more birdsong. I liked learning to climb trees. It's nice to be high up and see so much more." The chocolate tabby looked back up to Tadpolepaw. "What's ShadowClan territory like?"

// i missed the reply somehow help
chatting with @TADPOLEPAW

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

She was trying to be mysterious, sure. But was she really being THAT mysterious? No offense, but riddles aren't really her thing. More like... Well, she can't think of anyone to throw under the bus at the moment. Stars bless her family and ThunderClan's relative normalness. Wolfwind tries to stand still as Lakemoon appraises her. Okay so, maybe she didn't have a Lead Warrior-like stance down. Nevermind that she wasn't even sure if that was a thing.

Don’t tell me it’s kits. Wolfwind gapes, gobsmacked. " Oh my stars, no. One thousand times no. " Even if Wolfwind did have some secret lover, she doesn't think she could ever have kits a million years. She doesn't care how old she gets. She would not be wasting away in a nursery for MOONS. (Not to say that queens DID waste away in there, but if it was her, she absolutely would be). " Horrible. I should never talk to you again for saying that. " There were probably reasons Wolfwind should never talk to her again, but that really wasn't one of 'em.

She then tries to shift back into looking casual and cool and like a gathering was the most boring thing ever, actually! " Ahem, well I shouldn't spoil the surprise... " Let's just say you should listen up to Howlingstar tonight is what she wanted to say, but it occurs to her that she wouldn't be able to see much of Lakemoon afterward. And stars, who knows when she'd be chosen for a gathering next. This in mind, Wolfwind relents, also just because she wants to, though. " ...But I will. I'm a Lead Warrior now! I'm practically deputy already! " She beams. That wasn't really true because there were five other lead warriors she'd have to fight through first, but she could take them.

And did she really want to be deputy even? She wasn't sure. But it's waht apprentice her had wanted, so maybe it's something she ought to cling to.

[ Talking to @Lakemoon . ! ]

IMG_0967.png

SOOTSTAR
’Smokethroat is in a better place now.’

Sootstar almost gives him a dismayed look, already? It felt… too easy.
Maybe StarClan was looking out for her after all, she thinks amused.

”That makes you the deputy of RiverClan then?” At least Cicadastar had been swifter in choosing this time… which was shocking, considering the deputy had been his mate. A cat would think he’d need even more time than the last to contemplate a deputy. ”Congratulations.”

With that she leaps onto the Great Rock, itching to share-tongues with Weaselclaw in the dawn. Her mate will take pleasure in this news, that or great disappointment he hadn’t been the one to kill his long-time foe.

// interacting with @Snakeblink before disbanding. Still open to interacts.
IMG_0583.gif

Nightbird, in all of her wisdom, had commanded Duskpaw to find friendships. And Duskpaw, in his infinite unknowingness...did not even know where to begin. This was not the first time that he had found himself at the Gathering. There is no reason for it to be so overwhelming. Perhaps it was simply a matter of timing? It had been so long, these only happened once a moon. And he was shooed from a familiar side and told to find someone new. That, Duskpaw will admit, is something he is very bad at. New. The patched apprentice is in fact not approaching anyone at this moment in time. They all seem occupied, anyway, and surely would not care for the intrusion of one more ThunderClan apprentice. Instead he sits off to the side, posture obediently polite and tail wrapped around his paws. Amber eyes are wide with watchful horror.

Blazestar is nearby, speaking to Skypaw. He at once wishes to shepherd his brother away and join him in speaking to the leader. He does neither, and instead remains at his careful distance. Now, however, his gaze has taken on an obviously more ponderous nature.
border2.png

• ooc: open for interactions! observing @skypaw . and @BLAZESTAR
  • ──── duskpaw. apprentice of thunderclan. he / they.
    ──── blazestar x little wolf, older littermate of skykit.
    ──── does not know of his father / skyclan heritage.

──── an undefined kitten with long, dark brown fur that fades just slightly near the chest, throat, and ears, while the tip of their tail burns with the bright orange tabby flame. eyes are a deep, rich amber-brown, seeming red.
  • "speech"

I've been trying not to
The air is thick with a multitude of smells he's never picked up on before. The only exception being windclan's scent for skyclan's battalion came back smelling of the moorlanders after their attempted raid. Turquoise eyes flit back and forth clearly overwhelmed by the newness of everything. There were so many cats. Unwillingly, he trudges beside Quillstrike wishing Doomkit could be here, At least then maybe he wouldn't feel so alone in this giant gathering. Plaguepaw's forked tail curls over his back as he spots Dawnglare conversing with a few strangers. Drawn to the crimson and ivory healer, the young apprentice begins to trot over. Long, gangly limbs carrying the giant ever closer with increasing tunnel vision. Until it breaks when he collides with a solid object. Blinking rapidly the oddity takes several steps back, focusing on the cat blocking his path. "Ah, sorry amigo. Are you okay?" Plaguepaw chirps, spanish accent thickening alongside his surprise. Following the thunderclanner's gaze he tips his head, tapered ears flicking. "Why are you looking at Blazestar like that? Did you want to talk to him? You don't have to be shy he's really nice." He adds, allowing a crooked grin to split across his maw. (briefly trying to reach @DAWNGLARE interacting with @DUSKPAW)
Go off the deep end

• Wow
Reactions: Marquette
With her new apprentice at her side, Howlingstar leads the way into the clearing with her tail swishing at her heels. She has only just fully recovered from the mauling the boar had given her and it feels good to be back on her paws, her fur still patchy where her wounds have healed but she knows in time it will grow to cover the scars again. She brushes her shoulder against her grandson's, offering him a gentle smile. "You can go mingle, if you want." She gives him a final nudge before wandering a few steps forward, scanning the crowd.

A familiar voice thunders behind her, ears now angling back to pick it up. A glance over her shoulder meets Blazestar, who fails to hide his excitement speaking to his son. His son that no one knows. Not for certain, at least. Except for herself and Skypaw's parents, that is. Turning around, she slips close to sit beside the patched apprentice, offering the SkyClan leader a respectful nod. "It's going well, considering I am his new mentor," She trills rather cheekily, hoping the news brings Blazestar joy. If she catches his eye, she will share a knowing look with him; she can't imagine how difficult this is for him.

// talking to @skypaw . and @BLAZESTAR

"I mostly find these boring."
Sharppaw stutters and agrees, and she wonders faintly if she picked the wrong cat to talk to. They didn't seem very interested in a chat and she expected as much approaching someone stood off to the side but this level of awkwardness made her wonder if she was as annoying in her earlier apprentice years; meek and quiet and unsure of herself. Given the ShadowClanner was roughly around her stature though she expected he was a bit older and should be a little more confident but one could never tell with ShadowClanners-maybe she realized her clan was seconds away from being easily wiped out by a more powerful one. The thought brought a flicker of a smile to her maw, whiskers twitching as she considered it and in the interim another figure joined them; a pretty tortie with a confident presentation. The remark of battle had her mind pull back and file through her memories and she DID recall seeing someone who looked like this RiverClan warrior back in sunning rocks. She also recalled seeing another tortie get her face ripped apart by her mentor.
"Oh? I don't believe so, my opponent was the single SkyClanner who apparently cared about your clan. I don't recall you I don't think, but seeing as you have most your face-you might not be who I'm thinking of."
Her head tilted up slightly, expression coldly neutral, "There will be plenty more chances for us to meet in battle I'm sure. Given your clan doesn't seem to know its place." Sunningrocks was theirs and she would make it her personal mission to ensure it stayed that way for as long as she breathed. Her expression softened briefly, the eye of a storm, and she smiled sweetly, "I am glad to hear ShadowClan has dealt with its bear problem."
Her icy blue gaze dances across the black smoke's face, the scar there and the nervous shifting about, "I think it's charming. Scars should be worn with pride."

[Ooc]
-Talking to @SHARPPAW. & @ICICLEFANG

dfsiw1w-6a338f22-aae1-492a-977c-37693fa88d2d.gif
He can understand, as he watches Falconpaw assess the gathering with flattened ears. This is nowhere near his first gathering at this point, but Greeneyes himself still gets overwhelmed at the crowds of unfamiliar faces - the thought of even standing near a WindClanner was stressful enough.

So when the apprentice chooses to go with Greeneyes, the young warrior nods his head. "Okay, amigo, we'll go together --" he hums, ears twitching at the question that follows. Does he have anyone he wants to see?

The warrior finds himself scanning the area at that, trying to pick out familiar RiverClanners from the crowd, only to struggle within the sea of cats. A viridian gaze finds Fireflypaw, however - the medicine apprentice speaking to two cats he's never seen before. His eyes linger upon the scene for a moment, debating on whether he should take Falconpaw over.

He doesn't find an answer in his silent contemplation, however, as his apprentice is stumbled into by another. "Oh!" Greeneyes moves to look at the kid beside him, the new face that stands before them.

"You okay?" he asks, of both Falconpaw and the second apprentice. A ThunderClanner - the oak forest's scent is thick in her presence. "That was quite the stumble!" His apprentice says he's fine, and even introduces himself to the other. Greeneyes gives him an encouraging smile as the kid looks for his approval.

"And I'm Greeneyes, his mentor," he follows with a nod, despite how odd the statement sounds to him. He's someone's mentor. He can't believe it! "Is this your first gathering?" The ThunderClanner looks young enough - perhaps Falconpaw's age. Greeneyes wouldn't be surprised. He turns to his own apprentice, a tilt of the head following.

"Where do you think she comes from?" he asks. The kid's a newcomer, of course; not clan-born like he had been. Greeneyes wants to see what Falconpaw already knows, where he'll eventually have to start teaching him.

// speaking with @falconpaw! and @Acornpaw. !​

A moon ago, he would've been happy to be here. Able to be away from the cramped confines of a temporary camp forged in rock-solid tunnels, he would've much rather been here, but instead was left behind while his mentor was free to be here. Annoyance and frustration sat within him then, and it still sits with him now.

Now, as he's allowed to be here alongside Spectermask. Now, as he still stands as an apprentice. Held back, for reasons still unknown to him.

He should be standing here as Eerieshade, as Eeriegaze, as Eeriepath. Not as Eeriepaw.

The shadow-furred tom lingers near the outskirts of the clearing, unblinking gaze hardly paying attention to what sits before him. Good news shared, new names announced. He doesn't want to hear any of it - not when he's missed out on the opportunity himself.

Rat-thin tail curling around his paws, a frown begins to pull at the apprentice's face as he stares at the gathering-goers in front of him.

// open to interactions !​

He feels a rush of relief when she spots that familiar light colored pelt and as his golden colored eyes settle on her perhaps it is apparent that he does not wish to be here alone because to his surprise she comes closer, she sits next to him and she stays. He blinks, grateful that he does not have to be here on his own. Stars knew it would probably take a miracle for him to interact with a cat from another clan on his own. He did not favor any of them. Perhaps maybe SkyClan or ShadowClan but he was not in the mood for false pleasantries tonight. It was apparent they all hated one another currently so why bother faking it? At least with her he could be himself.

She makes a comment about how many cats there are and he is about to agree, the amount of bodies around him are stifling. It makes the air feel hotter than it did before he made his way down into the clearing and silently he is urging the leaders to just start already so they could all go home, back to their nests to get a good night of sleep. He is interrupted, however, by a large tom who stinks of the moors. Wind Clan. He eyes the warrior, his lips pressed into a thin line as he speaks to them. If he was looking for a conversation he would find it easier with Roeflame for all the newly named warrior says is "It's good" in a neutral yet guarded tone. He would certainly not be the one sharing any ThunderClan secrets or weaknesses any time soon, that was certain.

// @Roeflame . @HOUNDTHISTLE

It seemed as though her wish to not be overheard hadn't come true. As another cat padded over to stand beside Auburnflame, she was startled for a brief moment, but licked her chest fur back down when she realized it was simply a Skyclanner. She dipped her head in greeting to the tom, recalling him as one she had met before. The name Twitchpaw came to mind, but before she greeted him, she remembered hearing his new name being called out by Blazestar a few gatherings ago. "Twitchbolt." she would say, offering the younger tom a friendly smile. He glanced over his shoulder, undoubtedly looking for any nearby Windclanners like she was discreetly doing. She was beginning to feel nervous now, so she would remove herself from the situation soon...The last thing she wanted to do was draw more attention to herself.

"My best wishes go to you." she would say kindly, dipping her head towards them. "Thunderclan is doing alright too." For now. the unspoken words would flash through her facial features, her eyes darkening for a brief moment. They had made a dangerous enemy that night. Her entire clan knew what the consequences would be. She then rose to her paws, "Have a good night." With that, the lead warrior turned around, and padded off to make sure her apprentice wasn't getting into any trouble, before going to sit with some of her clanmates.

//
interacting & leaving @TWITCHBOLT @Auburnflame
glancing around for @Acornpaw.

will be sitting in a group of Thunderclanners, and closed for interactions (:
Flamefancy.png

Facial muscles contract under the weight of prudent, albeit vague, diction. There's an animation in the other's words, an intense undercurrent pulling on every syllable, one which bespoke a reservoir of friction not unlike his own. The common ground they hinge on is clearly manifest, notwithstanding the surly demeanour etched into those claret furs. Irritants, nuisances, and ne'er-do-wells in both clanmate and outsider form were a shared burden in their respective existences. Smogmaw's mind needn't wander far to place names and faces that the world would be better off without—and he supposes this tom, peculiar as he was, could readily identify a similar list of his own.

"Of course it does," the deputy meows, pitch all gravelly and low. His regard is fixed steadily on the stranger, ignorant to the spindly speciment that encroached just off yonder. "And yet," he continues as his head tilts askew, "it doesn't bother me. Their paltry grievances 'n whatnot won't mean a damn thing in due time, and I thrive on knowin' that." As he speaks, his tail idly flicks in Chilledstar's trajectory. Be it many moons or a mere smattering of them, the day where he first ascends the Tallrock in their stead is forthcoming. Betonyfrost's cheek, Roosterstrut's reckless cowardice, and the blight on the moors will hold negligible consequence in the face of his authority. Parched for power, athirst for his reign; to speak to another of what the future holds for him, it quells some of the tension which comes from the wait.

A brief clearing of the throat makes his ensuing words less unpleasant. "I'm Smogmaw," he proffers, gaze teetering towards the imminent interloper as he nods in greeting, "ShadowClan's deputy." With that, his full focus latches onto the weasel clad in maggot-white furs. Smogmaw's muzzle twitches, betraying the scowl veiled under his mug. "The kind words we have for your lot are few and far between," he sneers, "but, granted, you have a certain allure when your queen consigns you to a pointless and fatal struggle. 'Sacrificial pawn' is quite the stylish look."

// speaking respectfully with @DAWNGLARE, speaking disrespectfully with @cygnetstare

Last edited:
Moonpaw’s exterior is cool, and she rebuffs his attempt to get her to talk to Howlpaw. He shrugs. It’s what he’s wanted all along, isn’t it—for her to reject her SkyClan kin, to turn her kittypet softness away and embrace the wild blood running in her veins. Moonpaw has come into her own at last, and he watches with vague approval as she stalks past her sister and instead engages some ShadowClan feline in conversation, as though to make a point.

His attention soon drifts from his apprentice, though; in response to his comment, Nightbird’s amusement is contained to a huff. “Swallowing a pawful of thorns sounds more enticing,” she tells him. He puts his single white forepaw to his muzzle to hide the smirk. Still, when the small she-cat beside him points out the little gestures of affection between the tortie-masked warrior and the RiverClan tabby lead warrior, his eyebrow quirks. “A show? For us? D’you think we’re special enough?

He returns her grin with his own. “Watching love bloom under a full moon… it would be romantic, if it weren’t permeated by the smell of fish. Don’t you think?

// interacting with @nightbird and giggling at @Petalnose @Aspenhaze

•  
  • raccoon . raccoonstripe
    — he/him ; lead warrior of thunderclan
    — heteroflexible ; single
    — long-haired black tabby with white and dark brown eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Rai

Needledrift offers her apprentice a soft smile before they bound off. She watches them for a moment, her brow knit in quiet concern. Maybe they should go after them, maybe she should make sure they-

Chittertongue is by her side before her thoughts spiral out of control, his cackling whisper soothing the whirling voices in her head. It was merely a Gathering, a few hours of their time that was spent mingling with the other clans, peacefully learning about the growths and losses of each... hold on, something about waters?

The scent of the newcomer screams SkyClanner, though his odd manner of speaking and "higher" attitude implied something very... very different. Perhaps he was a spirit made manifest, some... very far off spectre... very not StarClan phantom... weren't SkyClanners supposed to be sweet and nice? Something like Stumpyspots eldest son... oh.... Lion Ears (or whatever his name was in SkyClan now.) This one was certainly not that. She leans towards Chittertongue, a bit closer than she normally would, as if she were trying to subsume herself into his fur to abstain from being in the weird tom's direct line of sight. "What in all that is heavenly....

// talking to @CHITTERTONGUE and vaguely @smogmaw and thinking @DAWNGLARE is coco puffs !
i will never leave your room, tell everything that bothers you

Reactions: smogstar
Burnstorm bids Skypaw a farewell and trots off into the crowd, and Howlingstar attempts to send him off, too. The mottled tom tenses his jaw, not quite the socialite like most of his family yet. He briefly glances around the crowd, almost hoping to find an apprentice just as socially awkward as he. Just as he spots Duskpaw, does he spy Blazestar approaching them.

He does little to hide his grimace and moves to step away, at first anticipating the two leaders to enter some sort of discussion outside of him. The massive tom, instead, addresses him. He recalls his mother introducing him and Duskpaw to the SkyClan leader before, and of course knows of the not-so-secret background the two of them shared. Wouldn't it be easier if we didn't talk? The rumors mustn't affect the leader as bad as they do the apprentice.

His lips part to give a curt reply, however Howlingstar is quicker and kinder. He sucks in a breath and steadies himself. After all, they're not only under a full moon, but he must not find it necessary to be so short, simply because of a past he does not know personally. Instead, he carries the conversation, "Yeah, Howlingstar took me on, after..." a pause, and he looks towards his grandmother for some sort of position. What is and isn't alright to say? "My old mentor couldn't... train me anymore." Leave it at that. Blazestar can draw his own conclusions.

The situation feels awkward and he looks to the side again. He almost hopes that the two leaders will discuss something out of his wheelhouse. However instead, he posits, "How are Fireflypaw and Howlpaw?" His siblings, partially, and granted he hasn't much in terms of feelings towards them. But he may as well ask. Howlingstar surely wants to know, too.

[ interacting with @BLAZESTAR & @HOWLINGSTAR ! ] ​

Reactions: Marquette

♱—— she is not exactly surprised to find herself met with hostility, but she's almost disappointed in the sulky pair. in their unwillingness to indulge in the charade of the moonlight, their unwillingness to permit this eve to cloud their heads with delusions of friendliness. it's a pity, she thinks almost blankly, a pity such cats refuse to entertain her. she does not like the marsh-beasts but she's willing to engage with the kittypets—she has no qualms separating diplomatic conversation with delicious visions of plucking his rose and milk fur from his oversized frame.

in retrospect, she's not entirely sure sootstar had made a wise choice upon that particular eve. at the time bloodlust had blinded her, a gift and a curse from that primal hunger for it, but looking back—had it been for the good of the clan, in the end? that is how cygnetstare makes her decisions, after all. for the good of the clan. had it? it had not been for the good of her, but that was not what she honored with her every breath; had it blessed windclan more than it had cursed it? she doubts it, really, but she is wise enough not to speak against their moorland queen.

"well, perhaps we all got a lot in common, then." her tone is still dry as if she was talking of matters of wet tunnels and fox burrows with a clanmate, conversational; a pity they can't be friendly, but she supposes she can luxuriate in some thinly veiled hostility as well. she seats herself uninvited, amused, disturbed perhaps. pale pulpy eyes turn on the skyclanner with his spine colored by the dawn; oh, how she would love to simply take it off his back. her words are carefully chosen but made rough by her accent, "what're the twolegs feedin' y'all, dare i ask? your big buddy there damn near squished me." a nod indicates slate where he's assumed the deputy's place, gutpaint eyes glittering with a vulgar amusement.

• ooc:sorry this is so late! exchanging rudeness with @smogmaw and @DAWNGLARE
  • ♱ cygnetstare — for their downy kitten-fur and perceptiveness (or uncanny gaze)
    she/they ; afab gender apathetic — windclan — tunneler — 16 ☾s
    —— cygnetstare is a corpselike chimera, split between long albino fur and a short black smoke pelt; their eyes are an unsettling pink. her creepy demeanour distracts from a strange fascination with death and an obsessive loyalty to windclan.
    —— smells like grave-dirt and blood ; sounds like vc tbd ; speech in #BF959C, thoughts in #000000
    —— peaceful / healing powerplay permitted ; attacks/contact in underline ; will start fights ; won't flee unless ordered ; won't show mercy ; will kill or maim
    —— pansexual panromantic monogamist, single, not looking ; open to friendships, enemies, casual interactions, long-term romance, plotting ; not open to unplanned battles, flings
    penned by dejavudesklamp9 on discord for plots
  • battle stuff goes here for fights

Last edited:
Sparrowpaw's eager response loosens some tension from their shadow-wrought jaw. Coming to the Gathering hadn't exactly been nerve-wracking, but he hadn't expected the other clans to be outright enthusiastic to share with him either. Maybe it's just Sparrowpaw, but he could've sworn a hesitant lean in their posture while he was settling down. They almost chuckle in response to the smaller feline's earnest chirp, but decides at the last second that'd be weird, so he just settles for a smile he hopes looks relaxed. "They took you in?" he meows, viridian gaze sharpening a touch by the moonlight. Surprise and disappoint worm through his belly. ShadowClan had taken him in too, and they'd made it into something of a big deal. Chilledstar's piercing gaze is especially difficult to scrub out of the inside of his eyelids, and their words rankle still like chains around their ankles.

Tadpolepaw shakes their head, a quiet signal to pass their comment and continue. "That's nice. Our medicine cat apprentice is...uh...he's interesting." This time they let out a quiet laugh, bashful though they don't know what consequences would even await if Magpiepaw overheard. He'd probably agree, even, but maybe Needledrift or Starlingheart would think them a bully.

Sparrowpaw then talks more about SkyClan, the territory instead of the cats—they suppose it's a sign of how much like the SkyClanners, that they'd talk about them first is somewhat of an honor. Would they ever talk about Tadpolepaw like that, eventually? Do they say Sparrowpaw is nice behind their back? Pine trees were expected, but the tabby mentions someplace called the Twolegplace. "Did you come from there?" they venture, feigning unconcerned curiosity. Sparrowpaw talks about being up in the trees too, and Tadpolepaw's eyes instinctively flicks up to where the four leaders would perch later that night—the only real concept of being in a tree he has. "I'd be kinda scared," the taller apprentice admits. They study the dusted top of Sparrowpaw's head for a moment, wondering if being shorter had anything to do with wanting to be higher. "That's...really cool though." They mean it, for a cat whose whole world a moon ago had been a window and a bed.

They blink, a little more solemn, when they ask him about ShadowClan. "I like it too," he hums, simply at first. "My mentor's really nice. Her name's Needledrift, uh, she's smaller than me-" There are a lot of cats smaller than you! "-and grey and white." Mentioning her jaw to a stranger, even a friendly one, doesn't make him feel too good, so he doesn't. After all, he wouldn't particularly enjoy being described as "the tall, rat-like cat" to someone else. "ShadowClan's nice. There aren't that many trees, but the grass in the swamp is good for hiding in." Not that he's really managed to catch things while hiding, but he's...starting to understand how. "I think I fit in pretty well," they remark, stretching out a glossy paw for Sparrowpaw and him to examine. It's a weird thing for a supposedly clan-born cat to say, but it's embarrassing how quickly kindness makes him comfortable.

// chatting with @sparrowpaw! , sorry it's kinda late!​