The Pied Piper's assistant | pre-gathering chatter

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
With Tadpolepaw's honest inquiry, Sparrowpaw nodded. He seemed almost disappointed by the news, and they falter, if only slightly. The shadowy tom continued, leaving it behind.

Next comes the mention of ShadowClan's own medicine cat. "I don't think I've met him before," they said, unless... he had been the ShadowClan cat they met at the previous Gathering. Truthfully, they hoped not.

Once more, their smile falters when he pressed about the mention of Twolegplace. "I... did," they said quietly. They did, with fear clogging their throat and tears blurring their eyes and the ringing of explosive thunder in their ears. The conversation trudges on, and they're more than happy to let it. They're in StarClan, they remind themself again. Don't be sad. They're okay.

"I like climbing trees a lot," they admit a second time. "It's like seeing the world the way a bird might see it. From so high up. The world both feels bigger and smaller. Like it goes on forever, but it makes home feel smaller." They paused. "Sometimes I wish I could go even higher and touch the clouds. Or grow wings and fly like a bird. I could go anywhere I wanted to."

Tadpolepaw mentions his mentor, Needledrift. "My mentor is really nice too!" they chirped. "His name's Auburnflame. He's silly sometimes, and patient. He's a tortoiseshell. And white."

Sparrowpaw dutifully peers at the dark paw that's extended toward them, thinking it over. "A lot of ground in the forest is covered in pine needles, which are brown. I think I fit in, too." A giggle is drawn from their throat, then. "It's helped me a lot before."

Eventually, they hummed. "I think I would be sad without all the trees everywhere," they said. "I'm glad SkyClan has them. They make me happy."

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

Ravensong arrived at the Gathering already in the mentality of not socializing with any other cats. He stayed back as his Clanmates rushed forward. He watched night-covered bodies mingle among others in the name of peace. He turned around and sat the furthest away possible from the others. It was stifling—being around so many. He wished it to end.

It was his first Gathering with his new name and Ravensong felt sick. He looked up and thought he caught a glance of chocolate-spotted tabby. It surprised him—bringing back a memory from a time he had forgotten now in order to become a true Clan cat. He blinked, disbelieving his eyes. No. He shook his head to himself. It couldn't be.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

Dawnglare thinks himself a saint for doing what he does. A soul not so worldly may have long ago left the ungrateful to rot; let them take as long as they need to realize how lost they would be without his appraising eye. Rejoice, they should, that he is bound by otherwordly duty. It would be certain that he and this stranger do not share this commonality, and so he wonders, just what bound him to this wretched place. A sharp gaze betrays Dawnglare's interest. The rest of the world is made a low drone behind him.

And a brow ticks in interest at this. His neck cranes to where the tabby's tail has guided him, and the meaning is frustratingly lost. Dawnglare is left to idly muse on the intention meant. He is quick to rake an appraising eye over ShadowClanners present. Perhaps they would be rid of, come next gathering. It would certainly be better for the senses.

( Belatedly, he catches eye of the blight from his own home, eyes attempting to catch his own before being swept away by a stranger. ) Dawnglare would attempt to flee his line of sight, foxlike complexion suddenly canting round the ShadowClanners' other side. As an added bonus, he is afforded more space from the moorland pest, who he leers at with fur high along his spine.

Deupty. Clarity sparks with the moon's light at his eye. A waiting game, then. Once, he would've thought it foolish to wait on a death that would surely never come. But with Blazestar's keeness to jump into his own demise again and again, perhaps it is not so impossible. Absently, he wonders if any of their own were poised like a viper, waiting upon Blazestars death. ...It didn't matter to him, either way.

" Dawnglare, " he says, though he is staring daggers at the sickly thing approaching them. He sees no need for titles, after all, what is he to SkyClan anymore? Looking down his nose, Dawnglare can revel in shared disdain between them. With a laugh barked at the deputy's words, he cants his head away with the intention to ignore dry pleasantries.

But– " We are not friends, " he feels the need to clarify, a watery smile on his face warring with a more befitting look of disgust. Dawnglare would eye the cat in question skeptically, before dragging blue eyes to the Windclan wraith. " He's performed pitifully, if so, " he remarks with a frown. He wonders if her front - half would bleed a different color than her back; pitifully pink. He would be much more content studying the would - be smear of her.

• OOC: avoiding @Plaguepaw; respectfully chatting with @smogmaw and wishing @cygnetstare would go splat like a cartoon character
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 54 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Currently in an era of questioning; upset and uncomfortable by things he should not be.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

Blazestar meets Howlingstar’s knowing gaze, and he feels appreciation for the she-cat warm his paw pads. She knows. The tabby tells him she’s mentoring Skypaw, and he practically beams at both of them. “You must be proud to be mentored by the ThunderClan leader,” he meows, tilting his head to look upon the apprentice. There’s a sullen expression on his face, and Blazestar had been afraid they’d been prepared to rebuke him for his approach. He supposes it must be strange for him to talk to Blazestar—for to him, he’s not an estranged father, but the father of his mother’s older kits.

Skypaw adds that his mentor could not train him any longer. Blazestar’s eyes are half-lidded with sympathy. “I’m sorry to hear that.” His eyes reach Howlingstar’s again, and he wonders. “Fireflypaw is doing well. He’ll be a full medicine cat soon, I’m sure. And Howlfire is a warrior now.” He blinks kindly at the young tabby. “They’re both here, if you’d like to talk to them.

// talking to @HOWLINGSTAR and @skypaw .

•  
  • blaise . blazestar
    — he/him ; leader of skyclan
    — pansexual ; divorced ; single
    — longhaired flame point Ragdoll with blue eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette
    — chibi by Mercibun

ddd766908b2f55be5125eb67dcb6934dc3225d4br1-356-356v2_00.jpg
Yet again he had been selected to attend the gathering, though it did not rouse the same sense of pride he had formerly held on previous occasions. The last time he had been allowed to attend he had done so with Patchpaw, but... now she was gone. It left him feeling hollow and lonely, even despite the sea of felines all around him. Any desire to mingle was lost and he found himself sitting alone and waiting for the eventual news to come later from the leaders.

He spots Mosspaw, and he’s glad that she’s here again. He definitely would have felt awkward if he went but didn’t have someone he knew from another clan to talk to. Sure, making new friends is great, but he still doesn’t feel ready to make small talk with the other clans. Especially WindClan. Ah well, RiverClan hasn’t given him any particular reason to hate them.

He smiles at her asking about how his clan has been doing. He isn’t sure if he should admit what all has transpired, as he’s sure Blazestar will bring it up anyways, so he’ll keep shut about it for now. “It’s been a little rough, but we’re pulling through. And I was made a warrior! I’m Drizzlepelt now!” That, at least, he can be loud about. He puffs up his chest a bit, but he doesn’t wanna boast too much. Even so, it felt good saying it out loud. It makes it feel more real to him. “How about RiverClan? I’m still curious to hear more about your home.”

// OOC: @Mosspaw SORRY I TOOK SO LONG AAAA been burned out,,

Drizzlepaw looked even more glad to see her than she was him, and she returned his smile. "I am glad to hear it." She replied as he said that Skyclan was doing well, but internally she couldn't help but be curious. What did he mean when he said that it had been a little rough?

Then he told her the news, and she blinked. "You have my congratulations." Mosspaw told him, dipping her head respectfully. No doubt that his leader would be announcing his new name to the gathering as a whole in mere moments, and it was an honor to get to hear it early.

"All is well in Riverclan too." She stated evenly, pointedly not mentioning the trouble with the river and the ripple colony. Still, she did not want to repay his forthrightness about his clan last meeting with curtness. She considered her next words for a moment. "I have gotten very good at fishing as of late. I am beginning to get close to being able to keep pace with the warriors of our clan in that respect. I understand that this is not something that is done in other clans?" Mosspaw looked at him curiously. "I can not say I understand why. Swimming can be dangerous, certainly, but certainly not more so than going leaping between branches, especially if you keep to calmer waters. It does not make sense to ignore a food source like that."

// @Drizzlepelt

♱—— unsurprisingly, her less than warm welcome is continued; the dawn-spined creature before her sits in a displeased quiet, fur raised along his pink back as he glares at her. windclan holds the favor of no clan anymore; with howlingstar's foolish decisions, they had lost their last fragile neutrality with thunderclan. the river-beasts are not even worth speaking of to most windclanners, the shadow-things pitiful starving creatures with mud streaking their wastrel ribs, the bird-beasts choked by their kittypet collars. that she makes polite conversation with them at all is a courtesy, a thinly veiled entertainment, to watch the white-soaked healer's face twist in disdain as the silver-pelted one besides leers and stinks of marsh, filling the air with false eloquence.

"ayuh, i 'spose he has. but whose fault is that?" her reply is bone-dry, a rattly skeleton grin stretching her face thin; a purposeful choice to ignore the protests emitting from his warring visage. pale eyes, raw in their gut-color, survey the homely pair a last time before cygnetstare gets to her ghostly paws with that grin still making a cheery home on her face. she would be delighted to think he will live with the memory of this conversation, but she can't say this is entertaining. a swish of a too-long tail and she's drifting wraithlike away, back into the nondescript crowd with last words tossed over her shoulder, "farewell, then. it was a pleasure."

• ooc: probably gonna be my last reply here! thx willie and flop for a funny interact <3
  • ♱ cygnetstare — for their downy kitten-fur and perceptiveness (or uncanny gaze)
    she/they ; afab gender apathetic — windclan — tunneler — 34 ☾s
    —— cygnetstare is a corpselike chimera, split between long albino fur and a short black smoke pelt; their eyes are an unsettling pink. her creepy demeanour distracts from a strange fascination with death and an obsessive loyalty to windclan.
    —— smells like grave-dirt and blood ; sounds like vc tbd ; speech in #BF959C, thoughts in #000000
    —— peaceful / healing powerplay permitted ; attacks/contact in underline ; will start fights ; won't flee unless ordered ; won't show mercy ; will kill or maim
    —— pansexual panromantic monogamist, single, not looking ; open to friendships, enemies, casual interactions, long-term romance, plotting ; not open to unplanned battles, flings
    penned by dejavudesklamp9 on discord for plots
  • battle stuff goes here for fights