WINDCLAN’S MENTOR & APPRENTICE FINDER

WINDCLAN

「SWIFT & HARDY」
Jul 6, 2022
wind_banner_quick.png
WINDCLAN’S MENTOR/APPRENTICE FINDER!LAST UPDATED SEPTEMBER 28TH, 2023.
  • ───── Welcome to WindClan's mentor & apprentice finder! Here you can see all of the current mentor/apprentice pairs as well as requesting a pairing for your own. To be applicable your character MUST be on the census, if your character gets removed from the census they are likely to be removed here as well. New warriors must have been warriors for 2 months before they can become mentors, and joiners must be apart of the clan for 2 months before they can take on apprentices too.

Please fill out a form below if you would like your character to be added and keep us updated with any changes.

KEY
    𖤓 - Moor Runner
    ☾ - Tunneler
    ☆ - Medicine Cat
    ☑ - Has a current Apprentice
    ☒ - Does not have a current Apprentice
    (Italics) - Former Apprentice

FORMS
    MENTOR FORM:
    Code:
    [b]Name[/b]:
    [b]Moor Runner or Tunneler?[/b]:
    [b]Activity Level[/b]: (15+ a month is considered high)
    [b]What kind of mentor would they be?[/b]:
    [b]Any previously trained apprentices?[/b]: (if yes, who?)
    [b]How long have they been a warrior for?[/b]:

APPRENTICE FORM;
    Code:
    [b]Name[/b]:
    [b]Moor Runner or Tunneler?[/b]:
    [b]Activity Level[/b]: (15+ a month is considered high)
    [b]What kind of mentor would you like?[/b]:

• SOOTSTAR ╱ ☑ ╱ Bluepaw; (Smokestep)
    𖤓 SUNSTRIDE ╱ ☒ ╱ — (Addervenom)
    WOLFSONG ╱ ☑ ╱ Cottonpaw; (Sunflowermask)
    𖤓 BLUEPOOL ╱ ☑ ╱ Featherpaw; (Periwinklebreeze)
    SCORCHSTREAK ╱ ☑ ╱ Pinkpaw; (Cottonpaw)
  • 𖤓 GRAVELSNAP ╱ ☑ ╱ Thriftpaw
    𖤓 VENOMSTRIKE ╱ ☑ ╱ Redpaw
    𖤓 FOGBOUND ╱ ☑ ╱ Finchpaw
    𖤓 SNAKEHISS ╱ ☑ ╱ Rivepaw
    𖤓 BRIGHTSHINE ╱ ☑ ╱ Bearpaw

𖤓 DUSTFLIGHT ╱ ☑ ╱ Pearlypaw
  • BEETLENOSE ╱ ☒ ╱ —
    RABBITCLAW ╱ ☑ ╱ Heathpaw
    SOOTSPOT ╱ ☑ ╱ Downypaw
    THORNRUNNER ╱ ☑ ╱ Sunlitpaw

SMALWHISKER ╱ ☑ ╱ Singedpaw
  • N/A!
  • Code:
    𖤓☾ [b]NAME[/b] ╱ ☑☒ ╱ Apprentice; ([i]Former[/i])

Last edited by a moderator:
Name; @MOUSEPAW.
Moor Runner or Tunneler?; Tunneler
Activity Level; casual
What kind of mentor would you like?; Preferably one that has ties with/would have a similar mindset to the loner rogue plot group to help him become more of that style of cat!

Last edited:
Reactions: SOOTSTAR
Name; @PEONYPAW
Moor Runner or Tunneler?; ☾ Tunneler
Activity Level; High
What kind of mentor would you like?; Someone with similar ideals (loyal to WindClan, motivated to excel) but still willing to challenge Peonypaw's point of views when needed. Perhaps a cat that can make him face his feelings of grief- either way Peonypaw would wish to stay close with and on good terms with them once he receives his warrior name!

Name; @RATTLEHEART
Activity Level; High
What kind of mentor would they be?; This will likely be Rattleheart's first apprentice, with him finally emerging from the background to try and take on more responsibility. While this would be his first apprentice, he's far from inexperienced as a tunneler, having been doing the job for many moons by now. He likely won't be an extremely strict mentor due to his own anxious nature, but he will try and raise any potential apprentice into the best tunneler they can be. He might actually be a bit soft on any potential apprentice, since he doesn't quite agree with the more ruthless nature of some of Windclan's warriors. He would likely become close to his apprentice and listen to their worries, and they may just pick up on his questioning of Sootstar's leadership or the vicious way Windclan is currently run.
Any previously trained apprentices?; No
How long have they been a warrior for?; 20+ moons

Name; @FOXPAW !
Moor Runner or Tunneler?; Moor Runner
Activity Level; Medium
What kind of mentor would you like?; Fox is new to Windclan, formerly a rogue living in the twolegplace. He has a lot to learn about clan life, but he is serious and an adept student. He is reserved and sometimes comically serious with an intense strong sense of justice but is secretly softhearted. I'm looking for a strict/demanding mentor that will challenge him! Also, I would love if his mentor is someone he could become close to over time. He is strong physically and is notably resilient/has a lot of endurance but only a sort of passable hunter and cannot run fast, would focus more on battle training.

Important Sidenote! He will be 8 moons old this month and his apprenticeship will only be about 2 months long so this will be a shorter commitment for a mentor.

Both are on here already but heres updated mentoring info (for pairing)

Name; venomthroat
Moor Runner or Tunneler?; moor runner
Activity Level; low/casual
What kind of mentor would they be?; patrol and training focused, detail oriented, prioritizes efficiency. when in 'work mode' ven is very strict and no-nonsense, though they might make a few jokes. will have lots of free time between tasks. very overprotective despite appearances - would kill/diefor they'r apprentice.
Any previously trained apprentices?; n/a
How long have they been a warrior for?; as long as windclan has been around (i dont wanna math rn)

Name; bunnypounce
Moor Runner or Tunneler?;
Activity Level; medium/casual
What kind of mentor would they be?; irresponsible, sibling-like, extremally tunneling focused. has her own set of physical and mental health issues, would do best training a similarly disadvantaged cat (albinism, poor eyesight, mobility issues, etc.). training will focus on the digging/strengthening/exploring aspect of tunneling, she is no good at hunting fast-moving prey.
Any previously trained apprentices?; trained an npc once; no played apprentices
How long have they been a warrior for?; as long as windclan has been around (i dont wanna math rn)

Name; @sunflowerpaw
Moor Runner or Tunneler?; Moor Runner
Activity Level; High
What kind of mentor would you like?;
Looking for a mentor who's up for frequent interacts and plotting!! Sunflower is already 7 moons and i'd like to have as much of a fleshed-out dynamic between the two as we can in their remaining apprenticehood. Will be informed of their current training by their previous mentor, so it should be a smooth transition. All character types are fine and welcomed <3

Name; Sootspot
Activity Level; Medium (10+ a month)
What kind of mentor would they be?; Strict. Sootspot expects utmost devotion to his mother from apprentices, and will expect them to be dedicated to improving their skills to better serve WindClan. He will share personal details with his apprentice nor would he expect them to share personal details with him as he is not there for that, he is there to turn them into respectable Tunnelers, not to have a friend. Though, he might let his guard down with persistently friendly apprentices.
Any previously trained apprentices?; N/A
How long have they been a warrior for?; 2 months!

Name; scorchkit (will be 3 months on july first and apprenticed in the july meeting!)
Moor Runner or Tunneler?; moor runner
Activity Level; high
What kind of mentor would you like?; scorch would do well with a mentor that pushes her in either of these extremes:
- fun focus! i think this would be incongruent with scorch's current lookout on life, which is that she likes working over play and likes doing her work efficiently, sometimes to the point of overworking herself. shes a kitten LOL so this doesnt get to shine as much but once she starts apprenticeship it will be pretty obvious
- work focus! a strict mentor who uses her motivation of being a good warrior to their advantage to train her well. she wants above anything else to be a good windclanner, which her parents also want for her, so i think she would thrive under this condition, possibly at the detriment of her own health at times. i would prefer this kind of mentor for later development but im open to either!
i would also love to develop a fleshed out dynamic between scorch and her mentor so an rper who is open to frequent interactions and plots is much appreciated!

Name: @LUCKYKIT (Will be apprenticed in the July meeting!)
Moor Runner or Tunneler?: Tunneler
Activity Level: High
What kind of mentor would you like?: Someone firm that pushes him to succeed/do better! I think a mentor that's demanding/firm but still somewhat patient would be ideal for Lucky! He'll likely be a bit hesitant at first, wanting to be skilled but not really knowing how to apply himself at the beginning while he's still adjusting/when he's not immediately at the level he wants to be, so a mentor that pushes him forward to always continue improving while still being understanding & potentially trying to instill a more positive mindset in him would work well. It could also be fun alternatively if they're not really understanding/more impassive & only emphasize working harder rather than help with his confidence or address his frustrations at his progress. Really, I'm just looking for a mentor that won't be lax/will have a strong focus on training in some manner! I'd like for Lucky to eventually be close with his mentor, though that doesn't necessarily have to happen right away!

Name: @RUMBLEKIT (to be apprenticed in july)
Moor Runner or Tunneler?: moor-runner
Activity Level: mid (5-10/month)
What kind of mentor would you like?: Ideally, a cat who will push them out of their comfort zone. I'm hoping for Rumble to grow into a character who is highly-strung and anxious to do their best, so I think a warrior with high standards will work well. I'd love for someone with a well-defined skillset, too, to pass down some 'generational' abilities to Rumble!

also posted in the discord :]​

Name: @cygnetstare
What kind of mentor would they be?: This will be Cygnetstare's first apprentice; her creepy demeanour may initially put off whoever she mentors. Tends to be slightly unstable and rambling, but will make a relatively good mentor. Not a harsh disciplinarian but won't tolerate disrespect and will expect hard work; WindClan loyalist & will teach a hatred for other clans. They specialize in "mental mapping" underground and sensory skills. Will also put a strong emphasis on aggressive offensive fighting, but lack in the department of defensive training. Training with her will take place almost entirely in the tunnels, and any aboveground training will occur at night.
Any previously trained apprentices?: N/A
How long have they been a warrior for?: 4 moons!
Note: Technically cannot take an apprentice until 7/25 due to injury, but willing to be flexible (fluid time yay).

Last edited:
Name: Badgermoon
Moor Runner or Tunneler?: Moor-Runner
What kind of mentor would they be?: Badgermoon is an enthusiastic, supportive, but unyielding mentor. He expects obedience and effort from his apprentices, and will not tolerate a lackadaisical attitude towards one's training. He tries to connect with his apprentice as a friend and supportive figure, and especially now that he's had children, he'll definitely have a paternal approach. He also emphasizes the importance of StarClan.
Any previously trained apprentices?: Firefang and Snakepaw.
How long have they been a warrior for?: ICly, he's been warrior-aged since before WindClan existed; OOCly, he's been around since the end of December.

Snakepaw will be a warrior very soon, so I figured I'd relist Badgermoon :)

Name: Frostkit (July apprentice!)
Activity Level: Casual [Aiming for 5 - 10; may improve]
What kind of mentor would you like?: I'm entirely flexible! Frost will be a serious, studious apprentice who will take rules at face value and never disobey his mentor. He may at times try to cleverly circumvent them, but not with the intent of making things difficult. May seem stoic, but his mind is constantly racing at a thousand miles a minute, so finding someone who will either help him calm that side of him or encourage it could both be awesome plot points.

Name: Sedgepaw
Moor Runner or Tunneler?: Moor Runner
Activity Level: 5-10
What kind of mentor would you like?: Sedgepaw is a talented and well-trained apprentice whose warrior ceremony has been delayed due to a long-standing injury he suffered, so he needs a mentor who can get him back on track and ready to be a warrior. Despite being eager to train and easy to get along with, Sedge could use someone to try to teach him patience and discipline due to his bad habits of skipping out on chores.

Also to note: Sedgepaw's warrior ceremony will ideally be in August, so this is a short term arrangement!​