[ ༄.𖥔 ݁ ˖ ] THUNDERCLAN MCA INTEREST CHECK / OPEN

BossTaurus

🦇 PASSWORD: IRONMAN SUCKS
Jun 21, 2023
cTPhXF9.png

jFAjt8v.png

THUNDERCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE INTEREST CHECK
jFAjt8v.png

After several attempts at his life.... Gentlestorm knows that he cannot risk being without an apprentice much longer if he were to pass it would leave Thunderclan without a healer and he's aware that it would benefit him in the longrun. So, he keeps an attentive eye on those around him but focuses his attention in finishing the training of Riverclan's medicine cat, Moonbeam. When the day finally arrives, he feels that he's ready to take an apprentice of his own as he has had plenty of time to gather knowledge and would've successfully finished the training of his former "apprentice"...

Hello everyone, make sure to read through RANK GUIDE and please note that interest check will be closed 9/22 & will be reviewed carefully. The chosen applicant will be OOCLY announced the 1st of October and the new MCA will ICLY be picked/announced somewhere in November/December after Gentlestorm completes Moonbeam's training.
jFAjt8v.png

TqUo03H.png
HlCF1bB.png
TqUo03H.png

• — The character must be created before this check and those made for the sole purpose of this tryout/applying will not be considered/qualify.
    — Any characters of varying range can apply as there's no strict age requirement considering Gentlestorm's own promotion to the position of medicine cat and having formerly been a warrior. Although, if they're nearing retirement then Gentlestorm will not be keen in selecting them.
    — Your character must be active within the clan especially with how crucial their role, the posting requirement in Thunderclan to be deemed active normally being 10-15 posts. Overall quality of the post over quanity (no spamming, no posting just to get a hp, etc... this will hinder your chances vs actually helping them).
    — Your character must be accepting of all the upcoming medicine cat codes that still haven't been put into place and those that are already set in the code.
    — Gentlestorm will keep an eye out for anyone that shows interest for herbs/medicine and the ability to heal though the offer is extended to everyone else if they so much as ask. As its one of the things he enjoys the most; teaching, and he will do so at any opportunity.
  • — Does my character have to be in good standing with Gentlestorm?
    ✦ Your character doesn't necessarily need to be in good terms with him, although, there would be tensions. I'm open to plotting and take everything into consideration.
    — What can I expect with Gentlestorm as a mentor?
    ✦ Gentlestorm enjoys being able to teach and share his knowledge to those around him if they so much as lend their ears to him. His wisdom ranges from that of what marigold can do to what's the best move to use against a heavier opponent due to having formerly been a warrior. Depending on the age of his apprentice, he would do his best to try teaching them how to defend themselves so if there's ever a scuffle of sorts then they won't end up helpless and the other part of their time would be used to be taught about herbs and what they do. It'll be a fresh of breath air to finally have an apprentice of his own for him to teach and it'll likely help him stop from overworking himself too much, he's had a den mostly to himself (aside from injured patients, etc...) and has an awful habit of trying to carry everything on his own shoulders alone.

An apprentice would help him curb these issues or at least, attempt to that could lead to some potential conflict between mentor and apprentice... Overall, Gentlestorm's a patient teacher and won't mind covering the same topic if it doesn't stick with your character the first time or providing small refreshers while they're out on the field searching for herbs.
  • — You must be active oocly, you need to present and friendly within the Thunderclan discord server as its a requirement for all high positions.
    — You cannot have a MC/A if you already have a character set in that path as per TT rules.
    — You must remain patient and respectful during the interest check and after.
    — When submitting your application make sure that you're willing to stay in this position long-term, as much as I'd love to plot out short-term plots, I'd appreciate for someone to succeed Gentlestorm before he evitably passes, retires, etc...
    — Not a requirement but I would love for a deeply plotted relationship with Gentlestorm as this will be his first apprentice (within Thunderclan) that he gets to teach all that he knows/he'd wish for them to be close.
  • Code:
    [b]MAIN ACCOUNT:[/b]
    [b]CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT:[/b]
    [b]TAGS:[/b] (this is not mandatory but appreciated!)
    [b]WHY ARE YOU/YOUR CHARACTER INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE:[/b]
    [b]DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?:[/b]
    [b]OTHER:[/b]/code][/slide][/tabs][/box]

MAIN ACCOUNT: @Archivist
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: Carrionshriek, @Carrionshriek
TAGS: dinkdonk
WHY ARE YOU/YOUR CHARACTER INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I’m still fairly new when it comes to Tabby Tales as a whole, but I absolutely adore this community and what everyone has built together. I would love to be able to contribute more and be more involved with the community, and I think this would be a great way to do so. It is a little dream of mine to have a character with a high position, because I feel like that would really mean that I’ve “made it” on our little corner of the Internet. I consider myself already fairly active in the Discord, but I could certainly stand to be a bit more interactive with everyone.

Carrionshriek is the first active character I’ve had on Tabby Tales, and I greatly look forward to continuing her story long into the future as much as will be allowed. She means the world to me, so much so that I consider her one of my main roleplay characters overall and across sites, and I don’t see myself getting tired of her any time soon, especially not if she were to receive the honor of being a medicine cat apprentice. She’s already my “main” roleplay character, and that would continue to be the case/amp up, even. I try to hit twenty posts with her regularly, but I could see myself upping that should it be needed.

I currently have another character over on another site in the medicine cat position, but that site isn’t as in-depth and traditional as TT is, and I would love to have the opportunity to actually be trained and given information about herbs and treatments. I do, however, already have a basic understanding of herbs and treatments, and I am more than willing to learn more than I already know.

Carrionshriek’s current trajectory leaves her very susceptible to becoming a medicine cat apprentice – she’s interested and fairly close with Gentlestorm, and she’s spoken with Dawnglare about becoming a medicine cat before. Overall, if she became a medicine cat apprentice, it would be a very realistic and smooth transition for Carrionshriek to have ICly. I also believe that given the already-established relationships, it opens the door for future plots, such as expanding on her relationship and dynamic with Dawnglare.
IN CHARACTER
Ever since she was a kit, Carrionshriek has been on the “softer” side of what constitutes a warrior – she was born during the yellowcough outbreak and as such, grew up with the knowledge that she and her family had survived something that took many lives. As a kit, she questioned what StarClan was like and what it would be like to one day witness it, cementing early her interest in a more MCA-esque path.

When she was an apprentice, Carrionshriek visited the medicine cat’s den often for the reason of checking in on her sister after her sister lost her tail and had to take down time with Gentlestorm. I believe that was the first real experience that gave Carrionshriek reason to consider becoming a medicine cat, as she met and interacted with Gentlestorm and came to greatly respect his work and all that he did. She further interacted with Gentlestorm and even received minor lessons from him over the basics of healthcare, and she expressed her interest in the topic on multiple occasions.

Also as an apprentice, Carrionshriek spoke with Dawnglare while he was staying with ThunderClan, over what reason he decided to be a medicine cat and what made a medicine cat as a whole. This was for her own interest in possibly following a similar path, though Dawnglare’s advice left her more confused and doubtful than anything; she still has a strong conviction to prove him wrong, and that she’s worth more than he thinks.

Personality-wise, I believe that Carrionshriek believes she would prove a good counter for Gentlestorm – even though she cares deeply for her Clanmates, she isn’t as quick to run off to help other Clans without warning as Gentlestorm used to be; she also thinks that she herself would make a good balance for the tom, though she’d never say that out loud. As a medicine cat apprentice I could see her developing a more stern and no-nonsense type of attitude, with a subtle determination that’ll grow now that Skyclaw’s been killed.

I would love to do plots with her and StarClan, especially considering what her real warrior name is going to be. I think Carrionshriek being gifted with a name that already suits her as a Medicine Cat before being properly named one would be interesting, and could mean that she was chosen discreetly by fate prior to being chosen. I think that her appearance and general bearing is one that would fit well with StarClan plots and communications, and I'd love to expand on that with her and Gentlestorm by Carrionshriek having a strong StarClan connection.
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: YESSIR 🫡
OTHER: Best of luck to everyone trying out!!​

Last edited:
Reactions: BossTaurus
( ) MAIN ACCOUNT: @lavs
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @BASILPAW!
TAGS: boop
basilpaw may not be the most interested in herbs, but he is a passionate and fast learner. his greatest wish is to serve his clan however it may be, and so would not object to the idea of being a medicine cat. originally, he was firmly set on the path of warrior, the strength and prowess of his father and the clan's lead warriors propelling him into this dream. however, since the revolt and subsequent trauma caused by skyclaw and co, he finds the idea of warriorhood suddenly daunting. within the apprentices' den, basilpaw is a protective and helpful spirit, comforting his denmates from nightmares and fears now post the civil-war. he would continue into this nurturing role should he be asked to step up as a medicine cat apprentice.

so, while he is not an herb fanatic, he is interested in whatever he can do to help. if this ends up being a medicine cat, then he is happy to provide. his love for the job would grow and change as he develops into the role. his youth and the exuberance that comes with it juxtaposes gentlestorm's older, quieter guarded wisdom in a nice way.
i have played a semi-hp before on this site with willowroot in riverclan, and have the experience and familiarity with both discord and the site itself to aid in ooc moderation. i am settled in my apartment now, and thus have much more time to devote to a shp, as well as to thunderclan as a whole. i am pretty generally active with basilpaw, with some little spots where i've been busy irl, but i am willing and able to dedicate the time to this role.

i have played a medicine cat before, back on feralfront, for quite some time, and have general experience, although i would love to receive semi-formal training. i have read the rules and expectations regarding both the mca and mc roles and am able to commit to them.
- one plot i believe would be interesting is the exploration of mental health within the clan. basilpaw has noted the effects of the trauma left behind in his clanmates, and would definitely look into how he can help with these issues. could lean into the more psychological aspect of healing (cat therapy yayyyy) and perhaps in his desperation to heal minds, he forgets about the physical, or the other way around.

- he is not your typical medicine cat archetype, which could also be an interesting plot starter. he is basically the generic warrior starter pack, not very tactful, and generally a bit clumsy and stupid seeming. this could raise a lot of doubts amongst the clan in terms of gentlestorm's choice. it could involve him having to prove himself in some way, and could provide an interesting character development for both mentor and apprentice.

- basilpaw also has a bit of a fascination with thundergleam and her relationship to starclan, which could be seen as weird, or endearing, depending on gentlestorm's view of her. it would be interesting to examine this faith basilpaw has in thundergleam, juxtaposed with what his mentor is teaching him. obviously this would have to be discussed at length with pin, but some sort of thing where bas starts trusting thunder's "predictions" more than gentle's could be interesting.
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: yes! if there is room for ic dislike for codes, basilpaw may fall into that category, but would not break them, nor verbally oppose them. as he grows as a character and ages, he will come to view them as sacred law.
OTHER: good luck to all applying! you all deserve the role mwah mwah!

Last edited:
MAIN ACCOUNT: @Rynnaroo
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @Fadingpaw
TAGS: Her tags!, fair warning it lags

ICLY:
-Fadingpaw will begin to grow more interest in herbs, or do anything to avoid any sort of things related to warrior training due to her growing fear, especially with what happened with the mutiny and the events that led up to it!
-Will begin to second-guess herself, and have a growing fear she’ll end up like her former mentor Skyclaw even though she did everything in her power to resist him, in return of this her training has become stunted meaning she will be behind in her training even more
-Her warriors will be delayed due to plot reasons which will end up being a major breaking point for Fadingpaw (you know already!), but it will help her open up more and not try to act as strong as she thinks she needs to be especially for her family
-Fadingpaw adores Gentlestorm and since she was a kit she had always been interested in what Gentlestorm did
-Fadingpaw has shown to be empathetic with others, caring as well, and always reaching out to try and be helpful be it to try and bring a smile on their faces or even to be a shoulder they could lean on. She’s also a little quirky and will talk to plants, shadows, and even bugs or animals.

HOW THINGS COULD GO!

Fadingpaw would ask Gentlestorm to train her, it would possibly happen during a mental breakdown and her begging him to train her due to her own thoughts of "I can't do this" and fears
OR
Recieve a sign from starclan that can be alluded to Fadingpaw OR be an misinterpretation :3c

OOCLY:
-I am active in the discord and can guarantee to be active ICLY as well.
-Fadingpaw is one of my priority characters and 100% can get 15-20 posts with her
-I have yet to have an HP on Tabbytales
-I can guarantee to be active and stay full-term with Fadingpaw!
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: Absolutely !!
OTHER: Good luck to everyone who applies!!

Last edited:
MAIN ACCOUNT: @calzone
CHARACTER NAME: @DEERPAW. + binkbonk!
WHY ARE YOU/YOUR CHARACTER INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE: well, i have not played a MC/A on tt yet, but i have had a ton of fun on here either way. i've had and enjoyed the healer experience in outside rps (does roblox rps even count? i guess lmao), but i think it would be a different direction for my fidgety guy!

• do you are your/your character agree to the codes future and present?: absolutely!

other?: none! but i'm excited about the plot opportunities. honestly i don't think i have a huge shot at this since i currently only have 6 ic posts for deerpaw currently. also good luck to anyone else applying! :3
    waving my invisible pompoms at you!!!
  • – deerpaw has been interested in herbs and all things plants that have caught his eye. he already collects random bits of plants and keeps them with the bones he has in the apprentice's den. what's a few more? he sure isn't opposed to something new and exciting.

– his transition to medicine cat apprentice will be fluid, but i'm pretty sure he'd be confused about it icly, and probably have his doubts. because really? him? medicine cat apprentice???

– though... throwing suspicion and multiple nervous twitches here and there. with the fascinating way he looks at the already prone forms of healing but clearly scarred clanmates. he'd 100% be the type to slap poultice first ask questions later type instead of his usual watching someone bleed out self.

not all butterflies and rainbows. he knows that the world is cruel and not fair since he was once a loner brought to the clan like a kit. he wants to grow and be a warrior of course like any other young cats. but he has lived through being abandoned in the melting snow- in a forest full of wolves, a wolf attack in thunderclan's camp, then a mutiny and battle? it's a curse as far as he sees it.

trails and errors. he would be clumsy in the first half of his training, barely knowing all herbs. obviously, nothing directly causes someone to be seriously sick/injured or in this case dead.
  • deerpaw is to put simply an oddity in himself.
    – i currently see no reason for deerpaw to leave thunderclan at the moment, only ideas thrown about with no plans.
  • – i think i'd like to explore and 100% grow gentlestorm and deerpaw's mentor and apprentice relationship, even if ic problems arise later on! i'd love to see their dynamic play out, and with gentle helping out with getting deer out of his shell more (big, fluffy gentle mentor and fidgety nervous apprentice).

– deerpaw has a complicated view on starclan. he is balancing on a strange line between believing and not. it's a common day-to-day thing, he hasn't been proven otherwise. but, he is constantly wondering, do they even exist? Or is it just a hoax to have others' spirits up?

failing to heal.
    not out for pity but like- i think with deerpaw's current mental deep dive. if someone is on the verge of death, he'll try to heal them with the best of his abilities but unfortunately, it will be too late. he'll beat himself up for the death of the clanmate or non-clanmate. Feeling absolutely awful at failing his one very important job, he'll get thoughts on whether the medicine cat path is right for him.

– since gentle was a warrior before he ever became a full-time medicine cat, i think it'd been fun to have deerpaw seek battle pointers from him. (maybe?? idk!)

dark forest plot line.....?
    we'll see. wouldn't that be funny? right guys?

Last edited:
MAIN ACCOUNT: @yeomna
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @Myrtlekit
TAGS: Tag link

will fill in later
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: Yes! Myrtle also understands the weight of being in the position of a medicine cat and willingly follows the rules even if it prevents her things in the future. She finds more enjoyment in being helpful to those she loves and being a shining ray of hope to everyone.

OTHER: good luck to everyone!

MAIN ACCOUNT: @scar
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @ORANGEPAW.
TAGS: link here!
IN CHARACTER
- orangepaw would be a very good medicine cat apprentice. he learns quick and is kind above all and tends to put himself before others. he does not believe that any cat can be inherently bad or evil, and will never turn anyone away when it comes to needing treatment. that, and the fact that he tends to be more passive and has no real desire to hurt anyone can make him a rather good medicine cat in the future. this is shown with wrathhowl being hurt and orangepaw being determined to make sure he's okay and holding pressure as best as he can with his limited medical knowledge to keep him alive
- he wants to have a deeper connection to the stars. he talks to them at night, in hopes that they will talk back to him, and being a medicine cat gives him that opportunity to do so. he feels like lives are mapped by the stars, and if only he could decode them and figure out what it means, he will be more useful to his clan.
- his injury puts him behind the curb in warrior training. he has a lot of catching up to do, and even will be held back further due to failing. the injury itself is NOT the motivation behind why he would be a good medicine cat. it's rather the circumstances of him falling behind and being able to learn either or that puts him good on the path of becoming a medicine cat
- he looks up to gentlestorm a lot. he sees what he does for the clan and wants to do it too. he wants to be a cat that cats can come to when they need a shoulder to cry on, or whatever it may be. he sees himself better off being someone to assist. he's a helper. he isn't someone who would go into battle and protect his home this way if he had the choice, especially seeing as in battle he certainly would try to talk versus fight.
- he is somewhat terrified of blood. after seeing howlingstar die, sproutberry die, wrathhowl attacked, gentlestorm attacked, and even seeing his own blood after being attacked by yewflame and ravenstrike , he does not necessarily like the sight. it makes him nauseous and worried, but with the right paw guiding him, he surely can learn to push the fear down– even if he may throw up after treating a more gruesome wound, which leaves the idea of having to face fears that he doesn't even quite understand he has
- while orangepaw is very loyal to his clan, he has a big heart and can, has and will likely continue to make friends in other clans. this may lead to some pretty interesting plots in the future having to do with needing to prioritize his own clan versus others when truly he wants to help everyone he can in any way he can, with very little bias
- becoming a medicine cat apprentice would be a bit of a shock to him. of course he would be happy but he promised his mom he would be a good warrior. he finally is starting to be good at something only to have to change completely would give him a lot of self doubts on whether he will be good at anything at all. this would work as a pretty good plot point about his doubts about himself when it comes to his "usefulness" within the clan in ways he thought he was supposed to be useful.

OUT OF CHARACTER
- while i do have a busy work/school schedule, I can maintain very good activity. i check the site frequently, even on days that I cannot directly post, and know how to prioritize and make time for needed threads
- I can maintain quota without a problem. I have managed my own personal one with orange each much since I've had him, and he's hit anywhere from 10-20 posts monthly, even in the case of him being stuck inside of the medicine cat den with little to do
- I'm a pretty active member of the community!! i can and do know how to communicate with others properly and how to maintain my time upon an hp team. I am a communicator first and foremost and will never leave yall in the dark on days I can and can't post! I'm very active in the discord, as well!
- i absolutely love thunderclan and cannot wait to see where it goes from here! it's always been one of those clans that I adore and with more time on my hand, it's become one of my favorites all over again! i love the hp team, and being able to be apart of it would be an absolute honor!!
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: yes of course! orange is pretty good about following the rules, and only ever breaks them unintentionally! never with any heinous intent!
OTHER: best of luck to everyone ❤️ excited to see what happens from here on!

MAIN ACCOUNT: @Ghostunes
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @Dwindlingpaw
TAGS: ☀︎ Tags
Ic: Dwindling would take to the role diligently, giving her a sense of purpose. I think she would enjoy using her paws to help others instead of hurting them. She's known for her quick temper and being prone to violence, but the battle and getting injured herself would be her turning point, making her realize that anger doesn't solve all her problems. This is already in motion since she couldn't bring herself to attack anyone during the fight and was horrified by cats dying around her.

As a medicine cat, she'd be stern and prone to hovering. She has a problem-solving mindset and would see an injury or sickness as something that needed to be fixed. She wouldn't be one to baby her patients; over time she'd learn to control her words and actually be a good listener. I think my favorite part of her character is that she cares so much about her clanmates that she's so quick to defend them and comfort them.

I think she'd be very stubborn about learning what herbs treat what illness. She'd be a quick learner but doubt that she's actually right and rely heavily on her mentor to check her work. Her vibes wouldn't be sweet and motherly but more of a hospital nurse coming in to check on you every 30 minutes, even in the middle of the night while you are sleeping. Not that she wouldn't be uncaring more like aggressively concerned for your health.

Dwindling hasn't had a good parental role if she and Gentle could work towards that kind of relationship. She's very headstrong and enjoys being relied upon; it could be fun to have her really want to impress Gentle.

Ooc: I think it would be fun :) plus it would make a good excuse as to why I post with her so much

DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?:

Yeah she'd accept them as rules but if they clash with her worldview it might be fun plotting her finding loopholes

OTHER: I’m so excited to see everyone’s applications and who get chosen! Throwing lots of love everyone’s way <333 Hoping for more people to apply to I can read more of everyone’s ideas

MAIN ACCOUNT: @KARMEN
CHARACTER ACCOUNT: @DOESPRING + TAGS

AGREEMENTS: Both I & Doespring agree to the code requirements! She has zero interest in breaking rules; not necessarily because she is such a stickler, but rather because she believes she owes that much to ThunderClan.
OTHER: Good luck everyone !!

WHY I'M INTERESTED:

OOC REASONS
  • I've shown to be extremely passionate towards Tabby Tales during my time here! I care a lot for this site and its community, so active involvement when it comes to this position would be a given.
    -
  • I have not yet played a medicine cat on here, but I do have a HP and SHP in other Clans; this means I'm already familiar with what is expected of me, and getting accustomed to this role should not be difficult. I'm friendly, easily approachable, and very motivated to do HP-related tasks! I am also very much a team player, and find it very fun to bring a playerbase together alongside others — though I know when to take initiative as well.
    -
  • Doespring currently sits at a low post count; I had intended to bring her up to par with my other active characters this month, so the timing of this tryout might seem a bit off at first glance... I can confidently say that she was NOT created specifically for this, nor am I making her active solely for the MCA position. She is an important character for me, having used her a lot in the past in another RP group, so I genuinely enjoy playing her. Time and time again, I've shown that I am more than capable of upholding the HP quota and even exceeding it, so this would not be an issue for Doespring either. I hope my overall activity can attest to this!
    -
  • I absolutely adore the Vibes(tm) that ThunderClan has, and with so many changes on the way now, I think this would give me the perfect opportunity to really dwell deep into it! I would not think of or treat this as temporary.

IC REASONS
  • First impressions go a long way, and nobody would even think to imagine Doespring trekking the soulful and delicate path of medicine cats; she is a warrior through and through, even before she came anywhere near the Colonies, just by her survivalist nature. She is extremely hardened and far from the kindest face within ThunderClan. With all this being said, no amount of life's challenges thrown at her could possibly cull the maternal instincts within her. Deep down, she just wants a chance to truly better herself after her mistakes... what better way to achieve that than serving her Clanmates by healing them?
    -
  • Thanks to all of the above, Gentlestorm would not need to train Doespring on matters of defense. She is a well-versed warrior and a hard hitter, so she has all the necessary tools to protect not only herself, but also her patients.
    -
  • Surprising to some, Doespring would be a very well-behaved pupil. She would shed her lack of patience and bad mood in favor of focusing solely on Gentlestorm's teachings and her training — all this easily shows how seriously she would take her role.
    -
  • Disagreements and the occasional quarrel here and there between mentor and apprentice would occasionally happen. Despite her new responsibilities mellowing her out, Doespring would not completely rid herself of her sharp edges... however, I think there is room for a very fun development between her and Gentlestorm here! Where he's retained a soft exterior after so many hardships, she's completely weaponized her grief; they have plenty of similarities and differences, and perhaps Gentlestorm could be the push towards true change, not just on the surface level.
    -
  • Towards the sick and injured, Doespring would be firm and not afraid to argue — though she would maintain a desire to comfort, something that her warriors peers up to this point had not yet seen. Issues with queens, their kits, and general pregnancy would be the hardest for her to bear, even over general death.
    -
  • Other Clans seldom mattered to her up to this point. She does not think of them as lesser, having an outsider heritage herself, but she is even more closed off than with ThunderClan. The sense of comradery between medicine cats would slowly but surely allow herself to open up and trust others, and as a result, she would pay more attention to cross-Clan politics for Flamestar's sake.
    -
  • Gentlestorm's wolf motifs VS Doespring's lamb themes... do you see my vision-

Last edited:
MAIN ACCOUNT: @Antiigone
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: Wrathpaw @WRATHHOWL
TAGS: They're out of date I think sorryyyy

Honestly, it's a pretty huge shot in the dark for the multitude of IC issues that would spring up if he got accepted, for the sake of humoring my Icarus task I'm happy to take this very seriously! I've had a ton of fun in Tabbytales the past year now so it's been not a little dream of mine to be more involved in all the main plots and roles that seem to come and go so quickly! That's not to say I'm unhappy being on the sidelines, but I figure if an opportunity like this presents itself, why not shoot my shot? I haven't played any HP roles here nor in other groups for a long time now, but the ones I have played before where quite fun! The medicine cat role especially seems so exciting. Although I apologize in advance for having no idea what the medicine cat rolls mean I can't tell you how excited I am to learn the mechanisms! I also absolutely admire the IC and OOC atmosphere of Thunderclan, it's been a hoot and a half being part of this clan and although I'm actively trying to make it a cesspool of chaos and distress, know that I'm doing it with all the love in my heart for the adventure and plots I'm certain will spring up from this little bit of venom in the water supply <333

[OOCly] Wrathpaw is fated for the gallows or kitty-pet-dom at the end of his medical stay, and the only way I can see him staying in Thunderclan after all he's done and everyone he's hurt would honestly have to be divine intervention ( of which I'm advocating for haha hello lottery card!! ) If he does get accepted, Wrathpaw would see it as his chance to redeem himself. He'll devote his heart and soul to the rank and his tutelage, striving to prove that he's not seeking forgiveness, just a chance to make his final impact on the world a more positive one.

• Blood on your paws and stress wherever you go
  • Obviously, being a fucking murderer is going to lead to some complications. Wrathpaw is going to have a lot to deal with when it comes to convincing cats to let him help them. I can see it being a long road to showing those around him that he truly regrets his actions and while he isn't asking for forgiveness, their health matters more than their grudge, and as long as they live another day to curse his name then Wrat will be happy.

Starclan's "divine" message
  • The only way I see Gentlestorm and Flamewhisker accepting Wrath as a medicine cat would have to be divine intervention. As I said in my channel, it feels arrogant to actually ask the MODS for permission esPECIALLY when most of Starclan, if not all, aren't about to smile down on Wrathpaw anytime soon. THUS! I see a chance for some future and current angst where by pure coincidence or by the meddling of others result in a false sign at the wrong time, making Gentlestorm think that it's an irrefutable order from the stars to give this idiot boy a second chance.
  • tell me the liar-reveal / coincidence-confirmed plot wouldn't be spectacular??? You can't!!

Save a life and fail
  • Not to blow the candled out on my pity party or nothin' but lets be real, Wrathpaw's mental health is going to take such a massive dip during this time and possibly forever after, and because of that Wrathpaw will take it extremely poorly if and when he fails to save someone. There's also room for angst where some clanmates wonder if he'd done it on purpose, but ultimately Wrathpaw will tear himself apart in shame for not being able to keep the deserving alive.
    Hopefully, by this time he and Gentlestorm will have established enough of a cordial bond for Wrath to ask him how he deals with loss and the agony that comes with it.

Rejected by the stars and the secrets that come from it
  • I'm thinking a plot along the lines of Mothwing's situation in the books, where Wrathpaw is actually denied access (with the MOD's permission)
    Or he can't bring himself to properly touch the stone, resulting in him lying about seeing his ancestors if Gentlestorm asks, This could result in Thunderclan having trouble receiving prophecies OR hopefully develop into Wrathpaw being able to earn his way into Starclan's embrace once more.

Dark forest hotline?
  • I mean????????? Probably not but??????? wouldn't that be funny???

Plague of the mind and the body
  • I've alluded to Wrathpaw having a chronic sickness that he's since grown out of, but with that bit of history + his new severe facial wounds, I think it'd be kinda fun if Wrathpaw occasionally has bouts of illness that he refuses treatment from. Re: runningnose copy cat!

DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?:
10000000%! Wrath won't wanna piss anyone off ever again, especially not Starclan!
OTHER:I FUCKING TOLD YOU I'D MAKE IT

[/code][/slide][/tabs][/box]

MAIN ACCOUNT: @foxlore
CHARACTER NAME / ACCOUNT: @HOPEPAW
TAGS: (they need updated)
WHY ARE YOU/YOUR CHARACTER INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE: When she first became an apprentice, Hopepaw was obsessed with the thrill of battle, and loved the idea of standing up for herself only in the most brutal, straightforward ways. But after Skyclaw’s takeover she’s kind of come to terms with the idea of strength coming from places that aren’t purely physical. She didn’t participate in any of the fighting, but she aided Gentlestorm and Orangepaw in other ways, and it turned out pretty well for her. She’s found some peace in the idea of being a more passive protector, rather than the fierce mold of Batwing that she’d tried to shove herself into. TBH, whether or not she gets the position, she’ll show interest in learning some basic first aid just in case Gentlestorm ever gets hurt again, because she 100% thought he was going to die after Skyclaw’s attack. Other than that, Hopepaw would be interested in the position because more than anything she wants to follow in her uncle’s footsteps and make him proud.

In terms of why *I* am interested in the role, I don’t really have any big reasons lol. I just think it would be an interesting and meaningful direction for Hopepaw’s story to go in, and I haven’t gotten the chance to play a MC/A on TT yet. I’ve really enjoyed playing healers on other sites, so I think it would be fun on TT as well.
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: She won’t agree with some of them, but she will accept their instatement nonetheless (as long as the majority of other MC/As agree with them).
OTHER: imagine me here waving pompoms @ the other applicants… im rooting for YOU!!​

MAIN ACCOUNT: @PUNK
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @WOLFPAW
TAGS: [ these are in the process of being updated 😭 ]

As I currently lack a HP on Tabbytales (but, having played 2 previously, one of which for 18 months, I'm aware of the expectations), I have a lot of time that I can commit to Wolfpaw and their growth as a medicine cat apprentice if they are chosen! Whilst they average at around 5-10 posts a month at the moment, I have expressed interest in Wolfpaw becoming a 'main' because I mesh with their personality very well and, with the incentive of a position, I can see them absolutely shooting up to one of my top priority characters.

Medicine Cat and Medicine Cat apprentice is not a position I have had a character in before and believe it would be a fun and interesting way to challenge myself with new dynamics and character conflicts. For starters, Wolfpaw is naturally a very gentle character, whose immaturity and age makes them prone to outbursts and temper tantrums. However, their gentleness has been seen as a hindrance in training and at the moment, they are struggling to kill prey because they don't like the idea of harming anything that will go to StarClan. They have a strong interest in StarClan photographic memory and would likely remember herbs that Gentlestorm mentioned, which might make them seem interested and I think could create an interesting dynamic where this character who has skills that would make them a good medicine cat wants to be a warrior instead and feels conflict over their destiny before eventually embracing it.

(Small plot idea - Wolf is temporarily promoted before Gentle realises they're not sure about it and they swap places with an apprentice who is a bit more adamant about being an MCA)

As a roleplayer I'm very open-minded to new plots and try to vibe with as many people as I can!! Inclusion of newcomers and other OOC duties of a HP wouldn't be a problem for me as I try to be everywhere in clans I'm active in.

Wolfpaw is a gentle, kind-hearted character whose drive to become something to ThunderClan overshadows their kinder disposition. They have a wicked temper and lack foresight which may make them act recklessly, especially when emotions are high. However, they are endlessly curious, asking insensitive questions and wanting to know more about the world around them. Though they like the idea of being a warrior (mainly because it is the only path that has been presented to them), they do have attributes that would fit the position of a healer. They naturally want to help people and naturally have a high affinity for StarClan and religion in general.

It is not all butterflies and rainbows, and as mentioned in the OOC reasons, I think it would be very easy for them to be promoted over a misunderstanding of wanting to be an MCA (they want to learn but may not necessarily feel comfortable having someone's life in their paws but again, with their lack of foresight, it might not be something they consider when accepting) that could cause points of contention and conflict. It could cause them to reject the destiny given to them by Gentlestorm a little bit and cause a bit of drama before getting resolved by Wolfpaw having to step up as an MCA (maybe due to someone getting injured).
DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: Currently, Wolfpaw is very socially progressive and their immaturity means they may struggle to accept some codes that restrict other's freedom. I think being confronted with the idea of more lawful changes and learning to grow and mature to accept the pragmatism behind them would be within their wheelhouse and perfectly possible! OOCly I am completely fine with it and excited about the prospect of Gentle helping with that growth!
OTHER: Good luck to everyone that applied!

Last edited:
MAIN ACCOUNT: @tieirlys
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: @doepath ࿔

TAGS: clicky!
I don't think Doepath would honestly expect to be brought down the line of medicine cat... she doesn't consider herself particularly skilled in any field, less so after her most recent injury. She is a smart girl but struggles to apply herself, opting to keep things the same because sameness is reassuring... right?
She would accept the role mostly due to her uncertainty with her role as warrior. She was already a mediocre hunter to begin with and a worse fighter... she doesn't assume that has any room to improve anymore. She wants to be of use to ThunderClan in some capacity... even if she would suspect Gentlestorm's choice to be biased.
I am looking forward to ThunderClan's development under new leadership- it's always the most thrilling time to dive headfirst into a clan! My activity has been a little rocky to start... after my own surprise ascension in RiverClan it took longer to recover from than I expected so a lot of my ocs suffered in activity but I've been on the mend and hoping to better solidify myself amongst ThunderClan both IC and OOC in the future, regardless of the results of this tryout :3c

DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: She's one of the many that would agree out of compliance with the wishes of others rather than understanding and agreeing with most rules. It is the same approach she has to the warrior code to be honest... In theory, it makes sense, in practice she struggles. A constant battle with self-control.

OTHER: These are just little notes... not necessarily plots but they are commentary on her potential path and her struggles and developments that may come from this role!
  • a silly continuation of warrior becoming medicine cat
  • sense of smell would improve dramatically, a need to be able to sniff out infection, distinguish herbs that are similarly colored, etc
  • more likely to waste herbs at first bc of the above development. mistaking marigold for Broom. mistaking raspberry leaves with burnet, etc
  • really truly great at being friendly with the other medicine cats... has no issues with the other clans Personally bc she's just never fought through any hardships. especially interested in fireflyglow as part of the blind mc gang
  • would really lean into her relationship with starclan... wasn't sure how to feel aboht them to begin with and sincerely doubted they had any love for her (the anti-outsider mind becomes internalized I fear). the relief involved in that being disproven and getting to see her mentors again would be Huge
  • gestures vaguely to the future... uhm... may struggle with that and yanno ... and... then there's also... yeah. unlearning selfishness... unlearning her Hunger for the things she can't have ?
  • the type to agree with codes bc the majority says so... would actually struggle to apply those new rules to herself. not for lack of wanting but again circling back to learned selfishness and learned helplessness. her whims control her more than she does them
  • a contrast to gentlestorms more porcupine backed approach... equally paranoid (not a good mix tbh) but habitually leans into her weakness to make herself smaller rather than Fight real threats
  • would struggle not to think of it as a promotion formed from pity or bias... if told it was a sign from starclan, probably wouldn't believe it lol
  • likely would never be able to swallow her own trauma with car related injuries... the moment she no longer has a mentor to rely on all downhill

I will also say... Andy. You know she has something on the horizon so I'm not sure if it would delay your timeline too much for comfort. If that's the case, no worries <3 I won't be offended lol

💃 GOOD LUCK TO THE OTHER APPLICANTS YOU ALL SLAYED IT!

MAIN ACCOUNT: @ixora
CHARACTER NAME/ACCOUNT: Shroudedpaw ; @shroudedpaw
TAGS: not yet created bc i generally struggle with making tags; will add it here once i've made them!
OOC REASONS:
While I have not roleplayed a medicine cat in years+, I am aware of the expectations that come with it and am fully willing to play it long-term as well as plot out a deepened relationship between our characters!

I have yet to play an HP on TT, and generally try to shoot my shot whenever I have an applicable character for it! Playing a high-ranking role in real time aging is also nothing I have ever done before, and it is something I would love to experience! Additionally, I think this would be an interesting direction for Shroudedpaw's development and story to go, given his beliefs and all that he had been through prior, all of which I will elaborate on below!

IC REASONS:
Below will contain firstly, his backstory leading up to the ultimate reasoning behind his choice; then, how I envision this path going from this point in canon onward; and finally, I will add some plot ideas for the pairing! Each section is a bit lengthy so I will separate them by spoilers!

The day of Shroudedpaw’s birth, the infamous solar eclipse, has all but veiled the boy in mysticism and divine infatuation. Believing himself the incarnate of an omen, be that good or bad, he had spent most of his conscious kithood and apprenticehood thus far searching for meaning behind his birth - a purpose of which is only solidified by being dubbed a ‘bad omen’ by his parents.

His late kithood is filled with interrogations - from Gentlestorm ((a priv that was started but not played; so this is just a backwritten idea)) and what he knows of StarClan, to Thundergleam and how she interprets omens. Inevitably told what he feared the most, that what he believes so deeply is not real and that he is simply not capable of reading signs, the boy vows that he will one day be Chosen like her, in order to decipher the circumstances of his birth, what he is on this earth for, and ultimately, his destiny.

Shroudedpaw’s apprenticeship from that point on is about as normal as one would expect from a cat like him, born of a sunless sky and inflicted with a deep longing for celestial knowledge. He is aloof, finds himself above his peers, and even takes on the role of an elusive, all-knowing mentor to his siblings. During Skyclaw’s takeover, following the death of Shroudedpaw’s mentor Mousenose, the boy believes he had finally found his sign: a beast of black and orange, like the fabled eclipse he was told of, blotting out the light of ThunderClan. Thus instills the belief that he, personally, must bring back the Sun. And so, he bides his time, absently mediating conflicts between his siblings and ensuring nobody in his circle gets themselves killed, while he deliberates endlessly on what he must do to bring ThunderClan to glory - as is the reason he was sent here, of course.

Only.. for his fabled glory to be futile and untrue. Flamewhisker begins the battle before he is ready. It is within that he discovers that his fate is yet to be found, and ignores his selfish desires to partake in battle with his fellow apprentices (a planned/backwritten plot but not roleplayed out).

Now, after the loss of two mentors and still not discovering his purpose, Shroudedpaw is completely and utterly at a loss at how he can bring good to his Clan, like the sun that peeked out from its shadow. In fact, quite the opposite has proven itself true thus far; perhaps he is the shadow, swallowing everything good around him (like his mentor) until the moment the Sun pushes him out of his place. With a scarred pride, even further distorted sense of self, and new need to push his loved ones to arms’ length in fear for their well-being, Shroudedpaw will struggle to adapt to life under a mentor he fears will die, and to balance his need for affection with a protective distance from his friends and family.

After a couple moons of warrior training, perhaps with a little more tragedy sprinkled in somewhere, Shroudedpaw will soon discover that perhaps this path is simply not made for him - perhaps, his destiny lies beyond what he can see and what he knows. This revelation is what leads him to Gentlestorm’s den, wherein lies the wounded, wolf-like creature that soon becomes the key to unlocking what he believes to be, ‘the truth behind his own being’, and the answer to his ‘prophecy’.

Herbal curiosity does not come easy to Shroudedpaw, but there is an intrinsic longing for spiritual connections - and above all, it is what he perceives to be the inherent good of being a medicine cat that pushes him to finally ask Gentlestorm if he would be willing to train him. After all, how much harm could he inflict without the need for battle, when compared to the role he could fulfill by healing, treating, and interpreting?

At the root of it all, is the desire to discover himself, his ‘prophecy’ and his destiny using the knowledge passed down from Gentlestorm. But in time, he will perhaps see past his wistful delusions, and learn to appreciate his role on a smaller scale, by forging new connections with his Clanmates, bonding with the earth that provides, and creating a healthier relationship with StarClan as he knows it.

━ Shroudedpaw does not show an interest in herbs and healing prior to abruptly asking Gentlestorm to learn. It is, admittedly, something he will remain quite rusty on for a while - but with sufficient time, he may prove to be more adept at it than he realizes. Conversely, the boy expects nothing else than spiritual knowledge and a connection with his ancestors.. Perhaps, to both parallel and contrast the surprising talent for healing, he does not form a meaningful connection with StarClan and their signs at all..?
━ Having lost two mentors during Skyclaw’s takeover, Shroudedpaw has already fallen into a subconscious habit of pushing away his friends and family, keeping them at arms’ length with a debilitating fear that he, as the ‘bad omen’ himself and common denominator linking these two deaths, somehow indirectly, or fatefully, caused the demise of his mentors. Gentlestorm, at first, will be no exception. Shroudedpaw comes ready to learn and devoted to his mentor as an apprentice, but appears awkwardly uncomfortable when it comes to bonding on a more familial level. In time, while Shroudedpaw helps alleviate Gentlestorm of his burdens and provides him with the eager apprentice he finally allowed himself to obtain, I would like for Gentlestorm to help him as well - with opening up emotionally, relieving him of his survivor’s guilt, teaching him to move on/learning that death is just a part of life and must not be feared, and most importantly, encouraging him to eventually bond with his new mentor. In a way, I would love to see them helping each other on these subjects, especially on the topic of death and fear of losing loved ones, as they seem to have a few parallels that could be tackled together!
━ I might add more throughout the next few days if I think of any; otherwise, consider this finished!

DO YOU/YOUR CHARACTER AGREE TO THE CODES FUTURE AND PRESENT?: Absolutely!
OTHER: Thank you for the opportunity and good luck to everyone! Enjoy my yap fest of an application <3