ONLY PLACE I CALL HOME ✧ pre-gathering chatter

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ This gathering feels far more peaceful than the last, though the lack of Howlingstar's presence brings a strong feeling of unease to Slateheart. The wolves are gone. I hope Howlingstar is.. okay.

He enters the clearing near the rear of the patrol, giving his brother @GRAVELSNAP a slight glance as he parts from the group and settles alone. How is Gravelsnap fairing, anyway, without Periwinklebreeze and Thriftfeather? It must be his first gathering alone since the loyalists departed. Sensing his brother wants space, Slateheart dips his head towards him and excuses himself. "I'm going to.. try to socialize. Come find me if you need me," he mumbles before dispersing into the crowd.

This may very well be his first gathering socializing with the other Clans. Before Lynxtooth's death, he often found himself locked under his father's cold gaze, knowing to stay quiet and stay put without needing to be asked. But after that fateful battle, the day his father died, he had begun to embrace his freedom and mend the bridges he had kept burnt (if they were built anyway) under that oppression. His progress within his Clan was going about as well as he could expect, slowly but surely - perhaps now was his chance to build relations with other cats as well.

Near the Great Rock, Slateheart spots a lone dappled molly and makes his way over. Better to converse with a cat who isn't already in a three-way conversation, he figures. On the way, he takes in a deep breath and mentally prepares himself for conversation. When was the last time he had a civil conversation with another Clan?

Slateheart clears his throat when he approaches, to announce his presence, and settles down a couple tail-lengths away from @Birchbranch . Through the plethora of scents in the clearing, SkyClan feels the strongest here - that must be where she's from, if he had to guess. "How fares SkyClan?" he begins. Was that a good way to start a conversation at a gathering? Was he supposed to introduce himself? The black-furred tom wears a nervous smile as he awaits the she-cat's answer, only hoping she was able to steer the conversation from there, lest they sit in an awkward silence.

• ooc - brief interaction with @GRAVELSNAP, now interacting with @Birchbranch
  • slate-ref.png
  • SLATEHEART he/him, moor-runner of windclan, 19 moons.
    a short-furred black tom with low white markings and green eyes.
    son of LYNXTOOTH xx ADELAIDE // brother to GRAVELSNAP, ASHPAW
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Normally wherever Shiningsun went he brought with him a radiating aura of joy, pride and hope. But today he had nothing to give beyond a dulled expression that made even his gleaming pelt dim to shades of grief. His mind couldn't help but drift back to thoughts of the wolves and all the horror that they had inflicted upon ThunderClan. He would have preferred to be back at camp doing something. Just anything at all to help ease the pain that held the clan. Yet he was here.

"Remember to remain on your best behaviour, Gingerpaw." He murmured without any real conviction. He simply didn't have the energy at that point. Unlike at prior gatherings that he had attended he didn't waltz around with an imposing presence, but rather he meandered aimlessly through the throng of cats until he found a spot to sit. He mustered just enough energy to look around himself in search of a particular RiverClanner, but he couldn't see any sign of them so he returned to his numbed state.

//Apprentice tag @GINGERPAW
Open to interacts!

As Ekat enters the clearing on the heels of Twitchbolt and the rest of the SkyClan warriors, the harsh moonlight above illuminating her pelt and making the dark she-cat feel all too exposed and vulnerable — the roaring in her ears begins again. It seems to well up inside and fill her brain, as though a swarm of bees had crawled its way through her ears and rattled against the confines of her skull. She could feel the nasty creatures behind her eyes, too, and fought the urge to close them and push the sensation away while looking strange to all the surrounding cats that weaved and murmured on the outskirts of her consciousness. It was only anxiety, of course, but Ekat still worried the stinging insects might prick her as if they were real.

Dogbite, the warrior Ekat had been shadowing before her assessment, wasn't here with her this time for her second Gathering. Although she hadn't grown close to the scar-covered cat — not that she'd expected to, being the way that she is — his absence beside her was tangible. As the other members of SkyClan disperse their way about Fourtrees, Ekat is left feeling surrounded by wide, gaping emptiness, like a mouse beneath the open sky where birds of prey circle high above. Her midnight-furred paws feel rooted to the grass beneath her, and she's certain her heart is racing just as quickly as the heart of that mouse would be. She hopes Orangestar doesn't make her come here ever again, but she isn't going to make such a request. She'll remain quiet.

/ Will be interacting with @FOXTAIL

Tonight, Orchidbloom attends the gathering with Shadowclan. Oh, how long has it been? Orchid tries thinking but it hurts their brain; tonight, though, is a night to be celebrated! Though her nerves begin to fray, begin to get the better of her... Chilledstar will call out their name as a newly named warrior and the thought is terrifying. She's happy to be besides the cat that has been besides her since they were kits: Raggedbite, a warrior named at the same time she had been.

Unfortunately... just as fast as Shadowclan arrived, Orchidbite is seperated from Raggedbite's side from all the push and shoving cats are doing to sit beneath the highrock. "Ra-Raggedbite? Raggedbite!" calls Orchidbloom, blue eyes blown wide in panic. No, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen, Raggedbite and them were supposed to stick together tonight, and then leave together, then go back to camp together!

She turns, starting off abruptly, though not looking where she was going she slams right in to Shiningsun's side. She reels back, fur fluffing up in alarm as her head spins. Instinctively does her mouth begin to open, apologies pouring out of it. "Oh- Oh Starclan, I am so- so sorry, oh... P-Please forgive me, I- I wasn't looking where I was going, I l-lost my friend-" they squeeze their eyes shut, taking a deep breath to calm their anxiety. A certain smell of oak catches her attention and she slowly pries her eyes open. "T-Thunderclanner...?" they try to start a lame conversation, a nervous, almost frenzied smile on their lips.

Orchidblooms never been a talker. They have always let Raggedbite talk for them, so the fact that they now feel obligated to talk to this Thunderclanner only turns their stomach. "Uh- Uhm... I'm... Uhm, Orchidbloom. N-New warrior..." they trail off awkwardly. Their heart pounds within its confines, they can feel their head beginning to hurt. They were never good at conversation, for Stars sake they had barely been able to sit and talk with Sweetpaw, their fellow apprentice, the kitten they had helped babysit!

• mentioning @RAGGEDPAW. | interacting with @SHININGSUN
  • 78638539_9sjaI0ymFZeQLie.png
    ❝ i smile because i want to, i smile because you want to. ❞
    orchidkit, orchidpaw, orchidbloom
    ❥ afab ,, she/they ,, 13 months
    ❥ warrior of shadowclan ,, formerly mentored by forestshade
    ❥ lanky yet fluffy cinnamon smoke she-cat with wide blue eyes
    ❥ "speech, d1afed" ,, thoughts
    ❥ bisexual ,, single
    ❥ smells like lilies and iris'

Reactions: RAGGEDBITE.
The silver tom had arrived with the rest of the riverclanners, but practically slipped away as soon as they entered fourtrees. Is she here? He has one goal in mind and that is to look for his mate and speak to her. Here he could speak to her freely. Well, not as freely but he could talk to her without too many questioning glances. After all, this is part of the gathering. Cats are able to chat with others from different clans. Not everyone was friendly he won't deny it, but the whole point was to chat with different cats for awhile. His nose doesn't pick up her scent and even with quick glances from those who hail from her clan, there is no one he recognizes. No one he is friendly enough with to ask how his mate is doing. I hoped she would be here...

Disappointed he is, but he knows he mustn't cause a scene. The last thing he wants is to be chewed out for being foolish, for making Riverclan appear weak among the other clans. Ferndance, please be okay. Seeing no point in looking for her any longer, the silver tom searches for anyone familiar. There is Coyotecreek whom he finds wandering over to another tom. Should I join in? Green eyes linger for a moment before finding Lichentail. It doesn't surprise him that she's busy with other cats. Sometimes I forget deputies mostly talk to each other. Well, I know she's deputy that's not a shocker. I just... Forget things aren't the same anymore. Let's not bother her. With a sigh, he bounds over to Coyotecreek and by extension the skyclan tom he is with.

Pikesplash joins them as Coyotecrest answers whatever it is Coyotecreek asked of him. Not wanting to be rude, the silver tom dips his head in greeting. Another coyote huh... Coyote what? Wait, that's rude I shouldn't ask. "S-s-sorry for intruding. My name's Pikesplash," he begins. It's rude not to give a name, right? "Riverclan is doing well. We have more little ones in the clan and some apprentices have become warriors."
  • interacting with @coyotecreek and @Coyotecrest
  • — pikesplash / riverclan warrior / masculine pronouns / 51 moons
    — bisexual / polygamist / taken / open to flirting and crushes
    — short haired silver mackerel tabby with green eyes
    — may powerplay minor harm / can powerplay healing
    biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by velou

The cinnamon & chocolate tabby chimera pads into the fourtrees clearing, a small sigh escaping from his maw. The last gathering the young warrior attended was two moons ago... back when Eelpaw was assigned to him as his apprentice. So much has changed since that gathering— both good and bad. Sootstar's reign over WindClan was torn away for good, but the rogue issue in RiverClan became more prominent then too. It feels strange not having Eelpaw here alongside him, but not having her as his apprentice anymore was something he'd have to get used to. He was too protective of her. He knew Smokestar was right— she's better off with a more experienced warrior than him.

He shakes his fuzzy head— stop dwelling on Eelpaw! Olive green eyes scan the clearing before him, and he watches as cats from all five clans interact with each other. Some cats reunite with old friends and catch up, but the young warrior doesn't really know any cats outside of RiverClan. With a swish of his tail, the tabby chimera begins to pad through the crowd of mingling cats, before his eyes landed on a dark furred feline, with blue eyes. His nose twitches— he believes the scent that clings to her fur is SkyClan. He tilts his head; she's.... all by herself. She doesn't have to say a word for him to understand she's just like him. It can be difficult approaching cats from other clans, his clanmates make it look so easy!

"H-hello," He finds himself padding over to the younger she-cat, with a nervous dip of his head. Even though she's shy just like he is, he still feels some anxiety about approaching a stranger like this. But this will do him some good, right? It'll be good for him to be familiar with cats from other clans, and hopefully mean he'll become more comfortable at future gatherings. "I... I see you're sitting all by yourself! Don't worry, I can be pretty shy too." He mews reassuringly, sitting himself down on the ground. His bushy tail wraps his paws, and his warm eyes land onto Ekat's nervous, quiet gaze. "I'm Foxtail, by the way," He meows again, "You're from SkyClan, right? I'm from RiverClan." Though, was that pretty obvious by his scent?

• interacting with @Ekat
  • 76983326_NimpdpqQcHTVZW3.png

credit to skaicraft (via insta) for the artwork <3
  • Foxtail
    warrior
    warmhearted
    timid
    experience: trained
    backstory: tbd
    biography: [HYPERLINK]
    credit to rai for the mini & tropics for the icon <3
    cisgender male [he / him]
    eyes: green
    pelt: cinnamon/chocolate
    fur length: long
    parents: dawnflower and redfur (riverclan npcs)
    17 moons

thunderclan was strong, resilient— she hoped the other clans didn’t forget that tonight. the fawn molly kept her head high, trying her best to blend in naturally while not standing out too much. it’s hard to strike a perfect balance in times like this, when it’s so painfully obvious that thunderclan struggled this moon. it was necessary for her, she had to do this, tonight it is her job.

"stick with me tonight. we’ll take it easy, socialize a bit." she instructs her apprentice, glancing over at the brown tabby while she found a spot to sit. leafhusk flashes him a supportive smile, one that doesn’t reach her eyes, though it gets the point across. her plan, so far, was too seek out any warrior with a lingering apprentice. preferably no one from windclan, just so she didn’t have to lie through her teeth about the wolves. none of them would believe her, and she was, somehow more worried about looking bad than make windclan think they were anymore vulnerable.

finding a spot to sit, she waves her tail for adderpaw to relax. it’s not long until the smoky tom and his tortie apprentice walk over, she forces a smile that reaches her eyes. "not at all. i’m leafhusk, and this is adderpaw, a pleasure." the scent around them signals that they’re shadowclan, a place she doesn’t hear much of. he looked older, carrying himself in a way that shows he’s confident.

"how is shadowclan? i don’t see you much, you’re always barricaded with the thunderpath." it’s a question she means well by, while also being a way to avoid discussing any affairs within the oak forest.

interacting with @adderpaw & @scorchfrost / @ONYXPAW

the first to approach her is a cat she doesn’t quite recognize — she is small, doused in a rich shade of brown but the pine scent clinging to her scuffed coat tells of skyclan, and freckleflame figures that’s as good a start as any, ” thunderclan, yeah. “ seaglass eyes lift, feeling tired and bruised to take in the she-cat before her. if she’d seen her coming earlier, spotted her backwards skip through the crowd in lieu of her own misery, she would have given her ruffled chest fur a few quick licks, tried to make herself presentable as she would have at gatherings before. the spirit wasn’t in her now ; not in her fathers wake, nor duskbird or batwing’s. how are you this gathering? she asks, and the tortoiseshell offers a small, humorless laugh toward her paws. a fresh wave of tears threaten to spill past her already - red eyes but she squeezes them instead, takes a breath to meow, ” could be doing a lot better, i guess. “

the wolves that had lurked thunderclan’s territory were gone now, but their effects would linger on her forever. it felt too big to process, a weight on her shoulders for life. her maw opens, closes, searching for something to say before, ” my dad, uh.. passed away. “ her friends, too. batwing, who left behind a pregnant mate and a smattering of apprentice - aged kits that would never get the same time that she had. still, she is selfish — she was close to sunfreckle, looked like him in everything but the shadowy darkness of her flank. she doesn’t say how, or why, because that would come from raccoonstripe’s mouth soon enough where he stands in his mothers stead. with a harsh swallow, freckleflame lifts a ginger ribboned paw to wipe at her cheeks, ruffling the long ginger - kissed fur there to manage a forced, shaking smile. no one had come tonight to hear her mope, even if it was all she wanted to do, ” are you new t’ skyclan? i don’t think i’ve seen ya before! i’m freckleflame. “ she hadn’t attended the last few gatherings though, so she could be wrong.. though she supposed she’d remember a face like hers. her usual exuberence falls flat but the tortoiseshell does her best anyway, hoping the molly would pity the sheen in her eyes for a trick of the light.

78131362_AJW5AAJphsIXmja.png
  • i. interacting with @Sorrelsong !!

• 74358446_5A10PH5FEpmGJJY.png

• FRECKLEFLAME 𖦹 . LESBIAN, SINGLE. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK AND RICH, EARTHY MUSK. EIGHTEEN MOONS OLD. FRIEND & SISTER TO MANY! NAMED A WARRIOR OF THUNDERCLAN ON 8 / 3 / 2023. MENTORING NO ONE! PENNED BY ANTLERS --------------------------------------------
    78457700_xPWPrrxsVVnAJd3.gif
    she / her, eldest daughter of rabbitnose and the late sunfreckle. big, fluffy cream - ribboned tortoiseshell with seaglass eyes. larger than life! each and every part of her is broad ; wide in everything from her face to shoulders to her feathered tail, something reminiscent of her father’s kittypet heritage in the square of her chin and hulk of her figure. she appears illusionarily fluff - ridden at first, thickly pelted in shades of fire and soot, long & tangled, knotted with undergrowth — seeming soft and pudgy, and she is.. that figure curving into hard, hidden bulk along heavyset flanks and well - muscled limbs. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers.
    74050405_3z3TRmotTItEoMt.png
    grieving. all opinions are solely in - character and during these times, often untrue or said only in anger.

• Crying
Reactions: Sorrelsong
I CAN'T HANDLE REJECTION

he's never gone to a gathering before. he doesn't think adderbite would have liked it. but it wasn't adderbite's call to make anymore. its rather overwhelming to be here, and as soon as they are, they managed to get separated. he was meant to stick by orchidbloom's side, he knew how nervous she wad and he had promised ever since they were kits that he would protect them. he meant it. he is quick to find his way back to her, gently bumping her side in greeting and looking at the other cat she was talking to.

"one of the best new warriors ever! orchidbloom is one of the best hunters ever! this one's name is raggedbite, now, and he's a new warrior, too! he doesn't hunt nearly as good as orchidbloom does!"

he giggled.

"it's okay, orchidbloom. he's not gonna leave your side again."

//interacting with @orchidbloom and @SHININGSUN

• Love
Reactions: orchidbloom
Adderpaw didn't want to be here. With all the recent events that had occurred in ThunderClan, the apprentice couldn't bear the idea of having to converse with others with what little emotional and mental energy he had left. He'd give just about anything to be curled up in his nest, studying the intricate feather he had found lying in the clearing of camp early that morning in order to distract himself from the wolves, the loss of his clanmates... he shook his head and allowed his imagination to take over as they approached Fourtrees, thinking that he deserved to distract himself for a moment before having to face reality once again.

Well, he hadn't seen such a feather before and assumed it was from a bird that wasn't from ThunderClan's forests. What if it were a twoleg's bird? The apprentice had heard in passing that twolegs kept any animals they could grab with their soft talons inside their big dens, and curiously wondered if that was why the feather was filled with so many vibrant colors. Red and green did not belong on a bird's wings -- it wouldn't be able to camouflage itself, survive its predators and thrive! How mousebrained were those twolegs, letting such an elegant creature roam free through the skies, a sight for sore eyes in the midst of all the blue just waiting to be devoured?

His wild thoughts were only snapped away as Leafhusk's instructions finally meet his ears, glazed over eyes now slightly widened as he examined the area around him with an agape maw. It was his first gathering -- a time he should be remembering, but now that he was sucked away from his... coping, all he could think about were how many other cats there were in the clearing. Adderpaw's body stiffened as he slunk over closer to his mentor to be closer to a familiar body, eyes narrowing to slits as he observed what the other clan cats were doing. It was just now hitting him as he sat beside Leafhusk that she mentioned socializing, and he couldn't help but let out a groan (which he tried to cover up with ending it off in a yawn). Of course she'd try to torture him more with meeting new people.

Scorchfrost and Onyxpaw, both names a little too dark in taste for his liking (he ignored that he was named after an adder snake in this moment in time). But they both were from ShadowClan, and he supposed that maybe that was just a naming theme they had to follow or something. Shifting awkwardly in his position as the two warriors started to converse, the tom looked at Onyxpaw with an awkward smile as he tried to put on the most realistic energetic voice he could, very much falling flat of his desired pitch and just sounding like he was on the verge of tears. "Uh... what kind of prey do you guys have other there?" It's not like they were super far away with much of a difference in life, but Adderpaw didn't know what else to ask about and wanted a subtle way to ask about their wildlife without seeming a bit strange.

ooc: ic opinions + interacting with @ONYXPAW

𓆝 . ° ✦ " my dad, uh.. passed away. "
Sorrelsong exhales softly, nodding as the molly talked. She tries to keep the worry from her face in case it be taken as pity - she'd had her brothers taken from her, in a lot of senses. She figured the loss of a father was not that diffrent despite Sorrelsong never really having one herself. It'll hurt, but you're a warrior. Just fight it like you would any enemy and you'll be okay.
" are you new t' skyclan? i don't think i've seen ya before! i'm freckleflame. "
"Ah, Nice to meet ya, Freckleflame, I'm Sorrelsong of Sky Clan, and yes. Keen eyes, I just got my warrior name," She mews softly, her tone light. She wants to help Freckleflame, but did the other molly want help? Her chest aches a bit as the black and orange molly wiped tears from her eyes. Sorrelsong blinks, looking off towards the a nearby groups of cats.
"Woof, it's so dusty tonight, its makin' my eyes water." She mutters, trying to fain ignorance of the other's tears. Sorrelsong was not a stranger to pity, she knew how deep it cut, how it seeped into every fissure and crack. The least she could do is try to make it a bit better for her newly found friend.
"No shame in mourning, though. They probably have dust in Star Clan, too." She smiles, talking in the direction of Freckleflame but being careful not to look in an attempt to give the greiving warrior some privacy. She filddles with the dirt beneathe her paws, running her claws against the grains.
"I, uh," Her breath hitches, her tail flicking back and forth, "My brothers are up there too, all three of them are probably catching the biggest squirrel right now. Probably telling each other dumb jokes. Shadowfire was always good at getting a laugh outta everyone."
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:@FRECKLEFLAME ! I want to hug ur girl :((
  • 79245029_MSMKLjq9iPKiqiH.png

SORRELSONG— SHE/HER・ 43 MOONS ・ WARRIOR OF SKY CLAN・ PENNED BY @KEEEKEEEY!
    Once a rather pretty brown smoked molly, Circe is unnaturally lithe and is missing large chunks of her fur. She has an oddly muscular and feminie build and small paws. — physically easy && mentally easy — Attempting to learn Sky Clan's ways — NPC x NPC : Sibling to Duskpool, Shadowfire and Smokefang
[/box

AS HE RAISED HIS FIST BEFORE HE SPOKE — There was an unruly knot of emotions in Rattleheart's chest as he approached the clearing alongside his fellow lead warriors, his own pelt similarly decorated in colorful flowers woven into his fur by his mate. They truly felt like one united front, yet the tunneler was surprised to find it wasn't really them that he was worried about. It was Thunderclan, the clan that had only just recently utilized their territory to get rid of the wolf problem that had been ravaging them. The absence of Howlingstar at the head of everything only made that knot grow bigger, nearly enough to choke him before he forced himself to breathe. There was nothing wrong with caring about the wellbeing of another clan, but he couldn't let it consume him. Couldn't let it weigh so heavily on his shoulders that he couldn't serve Windclan properly.

Whoever had gone plummeting down into the gorge... well, at least they had gone down saving the lives of so many in their clan. That was enough for many, and Starclan had likely welcomed them with pride.

Forcing thoughts of death from his mind, he instead turned towards the familiar pelt of his apprentice, smiling encouragingly at them as he gestured out towards the swarm of cats before them. "Well, Downypaw... this is the gathering. I know it can feel a little overwhelming at first, it certainly was for me when I came here the first time. But I promise the majority of the cats down there aren't looking to claw your ears off." A soft chuckle left him, pale gaze flicking over near the front of the crowd where he would end up sitting, likely on the other side of Scorchstreak. "You can stick with me if you'd like, or you can go and explore a little. There's no harm in finding an apprentice from another clan to chat with. Especially an apprentice from Thunderclan... I'm sure they'd welcome the opportunity to get their mind off of things." Rattleheart didn't bother keeping Downypaw for long, his brief introduction free of any hissed out orders or specific instructions like she may have been expecting. Instead he just made sure she had heard him before turning and making his way towards the front of the crowd.

Though the Windclan spot among the other deputies remained empty, he didn't feel particularly hesitant in approaching them, particularly curious about the appearance of Flycatcher alongside the rest. How far along was Flamewhisker by now, after her appearance at Windclan's border? It had honestly become difficult for him to keep track of the passing of time these days, the last few moons having felt like full cycles of the seasons compared to everything else. "Hello. I hope Flamewhisker is doing well... Scorchstreak and I saw her on a patrol a while back. I trust she's resting?" There was both hope and trepidation in his voice, terrified that something terrible had happened to the expectant mother. It seemed impossible for such a terrible thing to happen, but he knew that the wolves had likely cared little for things such as morals. They would've torn Flamewhisker apart just as readily as they would any other cat, which was why Rattleheart found himself so desperate for an answer.

// briefly interacting with @downypaw and then going to talk to the deputies and stand-ins, mainly @Flycatcher !!

• 75034712_8183RsjuzqJmQXv.png
    longhaired black and white tom with pale green eyes
    49 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    afab; uses he/she/they pronouns
    homosexual homoromantic; mated to venomstrike
    sibling to scorchstreak, lizardbounce, and rabbitclaw
    currently mentoring downypaw
    somewhat difficult to befriend; wary but kind
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed
    all opinions are ic

Birchbranch's head shot up when she heard one of ThunderClan's warriors approach her. She sat up and gave her snow-white chest fur a couple of quick, embarrassed licks. ''O-Oh, SkyClan's fine. We're all fine,'' She mewed, her white tail waving in the air behind her. ''What about you? How's ThunderClan?'' The SkyClanner's orangish-amber eyes narrowed slightly at Slateheart's somewhat panicked expression, but she wouldn't pry into his problems. That wasn't her place. The younger warrior swiped her tongue across a white-tipped light brown forepaw.

[ birchbranch is currently talking to @slateheart , but she is open for anymore interactions! ]

Her eyes trailed around the layout of four trees with gathered interest. Thunderclan seemed to lack their usual flare she noticed, along with the absence of two on their usual council. A small frown tugged at her lips but she did not linger on the topic for too long. Instead she weaved her way through the crowd to look for a place to sit before the five leaders officially began their announcements for the night. (open to interacts!)
≖≖ riverclan warrior / seventeen moons old / she/her ≖≖

Ekat's nerves seem to wither, as though her emotions were made alive and then laid bare beneath the hot, drying sun, and finally crumble when she notices a tomcat she doesn't recognize padding in her direction. For just a moment, she blinks and watches the stranger approach with wide, terrified eyes, but quickly realizes how strange she must look and glances away. Upwards, towards the trees whose newly-growing leaves blot out the bright evening sky with black silhouettes. As though the outline of the slowly shifting branches are exceptionally interesting, and that it's normal for her to gaze at them until the tomcat begins speaking.

But then his voice is nervous, and the she-cat allows herself to carefully look beside her and meet Foxtail's gaze. She watches him dip his head and sees the timidness in his kind expression, and comes to the realization that she can afford to relax a bit. Ekat dips her head awkwardly in return, swallowing the dryness in her throat as she takes a small bit of comfort in seeing the tom and knowing that he's possibly every bit as anxious as she's feeling. "You're right," the she-cat admits with the smallest of smiles. "This is only my second Gathering, but I've decided I hate them." She's nearly about to follow the tomcat and take a seat beside him, but then he goes on to introduce himself.

RiverClan, he says.

Foxtail's scent reaches her senses only then, one that reminds her of cold river water. It paints a picture that's always lurking at the surface of the she-cat's memories, a chilled leaf-bare moons ago when Ekat and her family had been crossing the frozen water beside Foxtail's territory. Even now, remembering the panic that tore through her body like a merciless predator when the ice began to crack beneath their paws still makes Ekat's stomach drop. Looking at the RiverClan warrior beside her, his eyes gentle and innocent, Ekat feels as though her stomach is going to sink right through her body and fall to the ground. Foxtail couldn't have been there — he would've been too young, surely. But a RiverClan patrol was there. A patrol that did nothing when Ekat's siblings and mother slipped beneath the crashing ice.

"I'm..." Ekat says, because that's all she can manage to spit out while she stares at the tomcat beside her, fur raised and body trembling, her eyes wide with horror as though Foxtail had been the one to drown her family with his own paws.

/ Interacting with @FOXTAIL

Last edited:
Amber eyes trailed around the clearing of Fourtrees, looking at all the clans gathered here. The chimera tom's face was settled in interest, wondering on who he should interact with. He hasn't found himself at a gathering in quite some time, but he doesn't mind all that much. He doesn't know half of the cats here, he studies some of the Windclanners, Thunderclanners and Shadowclanners with mild interest. Hm. He flicks an ear, as he wonders ways away from the mottle of mingling scents and different pelts. He dodges between unfamiliar cats, looping around the back of the group. He finds a quiet spot not too far away from the crowd, he settles onto his haunches curling his plumed tail around his pale paws. He watches other cats mingle and chatter about with a sleepy eyed stare.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: open to interacts!
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( well, that was.. interesting ) FOGSHORE : warrior of riverclan
    𓇼 non-binary ; HE / HIM ; currently 33 moons
    𓇼 bisexual / single / sort of looking / open to crushes
    𓇼 LH blue smoke & SH white chimera with amber sectoral eyes and yellow sectoral heterochromia
    𓇼 action , thoughts , "Speech, 9EB8D9"
    𓇼 smells of freshly baked cinnamon buns & distant rain
    ic notes: has light sensitive eyes.
    squints in the sunlight.

- tags / @ on discord for plots
    - penned by calzone

//Interacting with @RAGGEDBITE. and @orchidbloom

Shiningsun lurched sideways as someone collided into his body, nearly toppling him due to his lack of attention being paid to his surroundings. The situation left him stunned, even more so as Orchidbloom erupted with apologies and excuses, all of which weren't really needed given that it had all been an honest accident. And partly because he didn't really want to deal with too much at that moment. Though at least it had been enough to somewhat rattle him slightly free from his subdued mood. "It's quite alright, little bumps happen. No harm done." Given his large and bulky frame it would be hard to cause him any physical harm. "Yeah, ThunderClanner. You're from ShadowClan, right? I'm Shiningsun. And... um... congrats on becoming a warrior, it's quite the step up in life."

"You look nervous. This must be a lot to take in, especially when you've lost your friend in the crowd. Do you need help finding them?"
Before he could really begin such a process it seemed as though the friend in question had found them instead. It did bring Shiningsun some relief since now he wouldn't need to wade through countless cats when he really wasn't feeling it. The tom twitched a single ear as he listened to Raggedbite before managing to muster a small smile, albeit a hollow one that lacked any of his usual shine. "I see... heh, it seems that I'm in the presence of greatness then."

I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — It was mildly agonizing, acknowledging the anxiety that flowed over her shoulders in waves as she followed Scorchfrost down into the clearing. The mere sight of it all was enough to make her throat close up, the throngs of cats from other clans seeming to crowd every available corner. Her new mentor had emphasized that this was important, that she needed to learn how to stand on her own paws and interact with the other clans without trembling before them. Yet, even as his words went in one ear and out the other, Onyxpaw found herself eager to just turn and bolt at the first available opportunity. Unfortunately for her, Scorchfrost actually seemed determined to be a responsible mentor, not letting her slip out of his sight and get lost in the crowd.

She stuck so close to him that the dark patches of her own pelt almost seemed to blend into his, refusing to drift too far and end up yanked into one of the nearby conversations that was going on by accident. At least Thunderclan was one of the easier options in her mind, much less intimidating to interact with than the stories she had heard of both Windclan and Riverclan. Leafhusk truly didn't seem that bad, even if the brief exhaustion written on the face of her and her apprentice was enough to give Onyxpaw pause. Is everything alright? The young apprentice wasn't given a chance to ask or even extensively ponder, considering the smile that appeared on Leafhusk's muzzle, almost like magic. Her words prompted a jerky nod from Onyxpaw, her tail twitching behind her thankfully the only sign of her unease. "It's nice to meet the both of you." That was what you were supposed to say, right? She barely resisted the strong urge to glance towards Scorchfrost for approval.

Deciding to let her mentor handle the question of how Shadowclan as a whole was doing, she instead focused on the question that Adderpaw had presented her with. One that she could actually answer, thankfully, even if it did cause her to wince slightly. Onyxpaw knew the prey that littered Shadowclan's territory very well... now only if she could consistently catch it. "Well, we've got a lot of frogs... and toads too. I hunted a lot of those during leaf-bare, since they were pretty slow at that point." Those that weren't already buried away in warm little hidden hollows, that is. "Lizards too... and pigeons occasionally, although I've only really seen one so far. Rats near the Carrionplace... oh, and snipes!" Her eyes actually seemed to light up in that moment, beaming with hidden enthusiasm as she continued on. "The snipes can get pretty fat, as long as you let them live long enough. Some of the other apprentices and I even managed to snatch a big one." Granted, she hadn't exactly been a massive contributor to that particular endeavor. In fact, she had spent the majority of her time during that hunt facedown in the muck.

Once her sudden zealous rambling came to an end, she felt a rush of heat beneath the fur of her face. Embarrassment held her in an iron grip, hissing internally at her over how rude she was being to not even ask a question of Adderpaw in return. "Do... do all of you have similar prey, over in Thunderclan?" Onyxpaw questioned him lamely, praying to Starclan that he wouldn't see her internal struggle over providing a mirror of his own question.

// interacting with @scorchfrost & @leafhusk / @adderpaw !!

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    6 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

With everything that’s happened in recent days, the brown tabby doesn’t feel quite up for attending this moon’s gathering. What if something happens? What if something happens when they’re gone? He is tired, his mind left thinking of wolves and lost clanmates and new kin and claws and teeth and new kin and wolves and —

They are strong, Raccoonstripe reminds the patrol of ThunderClanners, words that bring the brown tabby back to focus. They are strong, but Toadhop doesn’t quite feel like he is, feels like he’s meant to be on alert for any danger to break. Still, the brown tabby nods to ThunderClan’s leader for the night. A breath taken and he straightens his posture as they arrive to the clearing, and when the time comes, he splits off in search of a place to settle. ​
EpC61GT.png
  • // open for interactions!
  • 75352427_5zJK0BNBCWuj2E9.png
    TOADKITTOADPAWTOADHOP
    ── Warrior of ThunderClan

── Cinderfrost x Grime
    ── AMAB; He/Him
    ── A brown tabby and white tom with blue eyes.
    ── Mentored by Stonepool
    ── "Speech"; Attack

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ it was strange following raccoonstripe to the gathering, seeing him sit high above alongside the leaders. it was a development she knows he dreamed of, perhaps under lighter circumstances he'd be standing up there beaming brighter than any of the stars overhead. nightbird catches his gaze only for a moment before he ascends to howlingstar's spot, she mustered up an encouraging nod before stalking away to find a seat of her own.

she didn't entirely want to be here, to listen to her mate recount how batwing and duskbird had fallen, how howlingstar was forced home due to her injuries. her presence under the full moon was one of support. the lead warrior sat near the front of thunderclan, patiently waiting for the announcements to begin so that they could all return home.
  • ooc ↛ open to interactions!
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 31 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a single white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to none
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.