camp STORM CLOUDS GATHER IN HER EYES ★ UPRISING

thunder booms, rain pours. it’s symbolic, really, to charge into camp during a storm. today they are going to wash away the filth that has plagued their clan for seasons— the lead warrior stands beside her leader, the true monarch of the oak trees, fur spiking wildly against her spine. leafhusk is prepared to fight for her clan, she has been for sunrises now. the heavy drumming of war sits over the camp as thunder booms distantly once more. her eyes stare ahead, droplets fall from her lashes as she blinks.

take back your home. the order is clear, loud, and it echoes around the camp walls. lighting cracks somewhere.

as if on autopilot, leafhusk springs forward. something burns behind her eyes, a raging, bubbling fury that's been itching to be released. fighting was never something she excelled in, the molly was bulky and awkward, always taking a defensive stance over offensive. now, however, she will gladly rip and tear into anyone she could grab. leaf-fall brings a faint chill in the air, while the rain brings a new beginning. roses will sprout from the blood spilled in their camp. paws that were once kittypet soft, reach forward to try and slash at the nearest traitor. anywhere, anywhere she can find purchase. she wants to see the blood spill from these rats.

// open to attacks!

Fallowbite and Palefire had been the ones to find them in order to make this mutiny happen. Two warriors he had never been fond of, truthfully. They had called the exiles for help, and Roaringpaw hadn't uttered even a hello. The apprentice had followed them carefully, especially with Fallowbite's involvement — It could be a trap. He wants to believe it isn't, that both are genuine in their approach, but the hesitancy is still there. His eyes are narrowed, and he stands close to Ivorypaw, Coltkit and Honeykit just in case he must defend them.

He didn't have to, bless the stars. Was Howlingstar watching over them, today? Were Ploverhop, Pebblestep, Morningcloud and everyone else there, too? He hopes so.

Roaringpaw stands with his clanmates - his true clanmates, the real ThunderClanners. He sees the darkening clouds rolling above and finds it ironic, the name of their current Leader and all. Seeing him on the Highrock like it's his makes the apprentice's blood boil. His throne bathed in blood he spilled and built from the bones of his victims. His tail lashes wildly, and he wants to leap at him and drag him down where he belongs.

Their Deputy is faster than he is, and as much as he wishes to join in with teeth and claws, his eyes settle on something else. Rather - someone. A thorn at his side for eons, now. The familiar pink pelt of Wrathpaw catches his glance, and his usually friendly gaze is set ablaze. His pawsteps are heavy as he breaks into a run to charge and barrel into @WRATHPAW with all his strength. You, He rasps at the younger tom, his talons out and ready.

It reminds him of their spar, moons ago.

Was it worth it? His voice is venomous, the same tone every insult was thrown at him. It's cathartic to throw back at them everything they punched at him.

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • ROARINGPAW —— apprentice of thunderclan , mentored by leafhusk . npc x npc . littermate to npcs ✦ penned by nocthymia
    male / he/him / 11 moons & ages every 14ᵗʰ
    single / orientation & poly or mono / open/closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— combat details here / battle notes

speech, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord (hypmic) for plots — toyhouse
  • reference image here
    a longhaired flame sepia with low white and amber-brown eyes.

CW — graphic violence, descriptions of death

𓍊𓋼 He hears his mother’s voice rise, demanding that Skyclaw step down, and in a moment Falconheart is on his feet, rushing toward her side. She’d told him this would happen. She’d told him that she would dethrone their false leader when Fallowbite and Palefire returned with their missing clanmates. And now, it’s time. Flamewhisker faces Skyclaw, and only one of them will see sunlight again when the storm growing above them finally passes. He can only hope that it will be his mother, and until then, he can only do his best to defend his siblings. As cats stream into the camp, met with Skyclaw’s rising forces, Falconheart disregards them entirely in favor of searching for his apprentice. "Bugpaw!" He calls out for her, but can’t see her anywhere. He can’t see any of his siblings, any of his family. The only familiar face he sees is his mother’s. She does what she’d promised—she ascends the rock to meet him, and she calls out an order to her clan.

ThunderClan! Take back your home!

Claws clash around him, hissing and yowling erupting all at once. Blue-green eyes widen, but he doesn’t find who he’s searching for. He whirls around, and at last he sees a familiar face, a familiar black-and-white pelt. Sparrowpaw, older than his other siblings but no less of a baby brother to Falconheart. Then—behind him, a dark figure, a wolf that charges without hesitation. "SPARROW!" The hoarse cry doesn’t leave his mouth fast enough. He watches Smokefur—Smokefur, the bastard, the miserable traitor—slam into Sparrowpaw with the force of a tree falling, the force of a deer’s hooves crushing the life from Sandthorn’s ribcage. He watches his baby brother fall, watches fangs reach his throat, and then there’s blood. Sparrowpaw falls still, and for a heartbeat the tom has to force himself to breathe. His vision blurs, and then goes red. "YOU!"

He leaps at the other tom, and suddenly Falconheart isn’t a warrior. He isn’t even a ThunderClanner. No, in the moment that he’s suspended in the air, Falconheart is a lion. Flaming fur ripples down his back, a mane bold and regal. Claws longer than a cat’s tail, hooked and deadly, sprout from white paws. His mouth opens, and what comes out is not a snarl but a roar. His paws touch down, and he is a cat once again. He is a warrior. And he is fighting for his clan. For his kin, both living and fallen. For his mother. And in a way, he is fighting for himself.

As the cream tabby barrels into the other warrior’s side, sending him sprawling, and sinks his teeth into smoky gray fur, he can only pretend that it is Skyclaw who he holds. From across the camp, he can see a flash of dappled fur, but then bright red stains his vision—his mother—and he knows that he can have no sympathy. Skyclaw made his choice. He did all this. He’ll only go down as another villain in ThunderClan’s story, a shadow to stand alongside the likes of Trufflepelt in the elders’ tales. And Smokefur… he won’t even be remembered.

He could end this quickly—he has Smokefur pinned beneath heavy paws now, at his shattered mercy—but he can’t end it that quickly. Something venomous crawls its way up his throat, erupting from his mouth in a snarl so unlike him that it frightens even Falconheart. Smokefur has always been a vile, cowardly creature. He had killed Sparrowpaw with joy, hadn’t he? He has never once shown any emotion besides hideous arrogance and violent delight. What would fear look like—what would pain look like—drawn across that face, bleeding into those golden eyes? Falconheart’s claws dig into the other warrior’s shoulders, sinking in deep before drawing jagged lines downward. He lifts both paws at once, giving Smokefur only a heartbeat to move before his claws find their home in one of the silvery-blue ears. There’s a tear, and more blood spills into the dirt below them.

His paws slam back into the younger tom’s body, dragging lines down his flanks to match Falconheart’s own. The wounds bleed and bleed, and any cries of pain or words of protest go ignored. He’s caught in it, now, and all that matters is the skin that breaks beneath the blows that he rains down on his victim. Again, and again, and again his claws dig in and are ripped free. Then, at last, his fangs meet the soft give of Smokefur’s throat, and he holds the other’s windpipe between his teeth for a long, slow moment. For a heartbeat, he holds Smokefur’s life in his jaws. It shouldn’t please him, but it does. It feels amazing, fighting back against the wolf who’s helped to take so much from him.

The sting of claws flailing across his chest draws him from acidic thoughts, and Falconheart’s head snaps to the side. The skin of Smokefur’s throat gives way, tearing beneath sharp fangs. The bite of a lion. Powerful enough to rip a cat in half.

He shakes, and he shakes, and he shakes, and…

His clanmate—no, his enemy—stops moving. Smokefur doesn’t get up. His chest doesn’t rise and fall as it should. Blood stains ashen fur, spilling forth from a deadly wound to paint the earth around the younger tom’s body. It’s a grisly victory, he thinks for a moment. And it serves him right, to die in the same way that Sparrowpaw had.

And then nausea bubbles forth, and Falconheart has to turn away from the corpse. From what he’s done. He’s no better than Skyclaw now, is he? Smokefur was just fighting for what he thought was right. He was so young, practically a new warrior, with an entire life yet to be lived and ambitions to be fulfilled. And Falconheart has snuffed it all out, now. His head pounds, but he has to remind himself—he’d done it to avenge his brother. The blood that stains his fur, flows from his mouth to his neck, drips down his throat until all he can taste is iron… it’s the price paid for Smokefur’s treachery, for the murder of his brother.

His brother.

Dual-toned eyes widen, and tears begin to fall at last. He turns from the still corpse to face another. Smaller—so much smaller, so innocent, so undeserving of the death he’d received. "Sparrow…" His legs buckle beneath him, and he falls at his brother’s side, his face twisting into an open wound of grief. The fight still rages around him, but he can’t make his limbs move to rejoin it. Hasn’t he done enough? Hasn’t he stained his paws with enough blood—blood that he didn’t want to spill? He never wanted to become a murderer. He didn’t want this, but he was forced into it, and now he can do nothing to change what’s happened. He can’t change the fact that Sparrowpaw lies dead at his feet, and their siblings could be anywhere in the crowd, meeting the same fate. "I’m so sorry. I couldn’t protect you." He’s cut off by his own sob, one that chokes him until he’s gasping for breath.

He can’t… he can’t fix this. He can’t bring back his brother, no matter how many enemies he kills. No matter how this battle ends, it will always be a tragedy. But he can press his nose to his brother’s forehead one last time before staggering to his feet and turning a wide circle to seek out the rest of his siblings. He once again catches sight of his mother and Skyclaw up on the Highrock, but he knows how it will end.

I hate you, Skyclaw. I hope you die screaming.

• ooc: murdering @Smokefur, NOT open to further attacks
  • 82611636_I7otEt4vDdutjcB.png
  • FALCONHEART ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan warrior
    shorter than average cream tabby with white spotting. seems gloomy and has few friends, but is a hard worker and never neglects his duties.
    son of flamewhisker and flycatcher ; brother to stormfeather, ravenpaw, bugpaw, sunpaw, squirrelpaw, sparrowpaw
    mentoring bugpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

*+:。.。 Wrath-howl wasn't surprised.

He knew the second those copper eyes dimmed for the last time, that they were the villains in this story. How strange it was to be on the side he rooted against when he listened to those kitten tales. He was the nameless invading rogues, the calamity of a wolf pack, an evil that tore the clan apart only to fall when they inevitably came together, stronger than ever. The part of him that refuses to stop clinging to the nursery, to the love and respect he'd long since lost, swells when he hears Flamewhisker's roar.

The part of him that will always root for the heroes is relieved that his fate is finally sealed.

All at once, perhaps because of these conflicting sides of him, he feels shoved out of his own body. From the skies, he watches the seemingly peaceful Thunderclan camp explode like a rustled hornet's nest. Everyone's fur is bristling, hackles rise, and some cats look confused while others are narrowed with readiness to join in this storm's break and reign fury upon the evil that had encroached. When did they have time to prepare? he wonders distantly, unable to deny the admiration in his chest.
Before lightning strikes, he listens to the electricity hum and sweeps his gaze once more. He spots Wildheart in the crowd and doesn't waste his time worrying about the man. He's strong. One of the strongest men Wrath-howl had ever had the pleasure to train under. He wishes he'd taken the time to talk to him more, if not to listen to his advice and follow him instead of Skyclaw, then to at least apologize for failing him. Wildheart will receive a new apprentice after Wrath-howl, he's certain of it. He is, and will always be, a great mentor.

The camp entrance rustles, snapping his dazed attention to it in time to see...Wrath-howl's eyes widen as, at the helm of returning kitty-pets, is none other than Fallowbite. In an instant, he's dragged back to the water bank, staring in terror at the soaked paw prints leading away into the bushes, at the cat hovering above them, one second too late to stop Howlingstar from escaping...right on time to help rescue her. If his body weren't so far away, Wrath-howl would've let out a laugh. Of all the cats it was the one to betray Skyclaw?

Of all the options Wrath-howl had, that had always been one?

Screams erupt from Skyclaw, and yes, even now, Wrath-howl is inclined to hear them. He'd hung on the man's every confident word, did all that he'd asked of him...and yet, watching him now, Wrath-howl simply wonders who is he?. Who is this man who holds none of Wrath-howl's blood, who has done nothing to train Wrath-howl, who has spent not a single integral moment with the tabby wolf...who is he to deserve Wrath-howl's undivided loyalty? "-no different than a dog following the best-smelling ass it can find." he winces at the insult, feeling it best directed at him than it could've ever been against Fallowbite.
A dog, a wolf a beast - that's who Wrath-howl is. He may not know who Skyclaw is, but Wrath-howl's reflection is clear as day. There is no changing it.

And yet, there is another option.

Lifting his head towards the sky, he feels each cooling drop of rain. Plip, plip, plip Each gentle poke brings him back to his own body. While the screams and the pounding of paws upon the earth remain distant, he enjoys the rain. He thinks about the plants that will grow from this day, the life that will finally prosper and bloom. He has no place in that tomorrow, he knows it, and still...and yet even still....

He can't wait to see the heroes win.

[**]

The rain suddenly becomes a tsunami, slamming into Wrath-howl with so much force the breath is forcibly ripped from his lungs. The killer wheezes as he feels every ache in his body all at once - the exhaustion in his eyes, the strain in his starving stomach, the headache that now digs elongated talons into his skull as his roll ends with a cranial pound upon the thundering floor.
Dizzily, Wrath-howl aims to claw and strike at his opponent instinct overcoming everything as the basic living need to get them off of him takes over.
"Was it worth it?" An all-too-familiar voice breaks through the fog. Blinking hard against the shock and the rain, he looks up to meet Roaringpaw's blazing eyes. Coppery-gold, like a swallowtail butterfly taking flight, like a sun that burns away the shadows and warms plants after a merciful rain; jasper, all his own, that glitters and shines like a hero's.
The stuff of legends.

Coughing, he heaves in a breath as soon as he finds it.
"No," he responds, a smile filling his maw, hysterical and manic, "of course not. Look at this" he sheathes his claws and gestures to the clan erupting in chaos, "this isn't what I wanted, this isn't what I was promised, " he doubts Roaringpaw wanted a monologue, but the pressure within him has been building for a long time now and Wrath-howl finds he cannot bring himself to stop.
"But look at me! Beneath the claws of a clan-mate, a kitty pet even! We could've been friends! I could've been on the hero's side! Now look at me! " he breaks, laughing suddenly as he remembers begging the same of Gentlestorm, "I'm a dog! A wolf! Roaringpaw, can you believe it? He gave me a warrior's name while you were gone - I'm Wrath-howl now, isn't it just so fitting?" he feels as though he should be sobbing, and maybe he is, he doesn't know if the rain is stinging his tears or he's blubbering like a baby.

Without further warning, Wrath-howl aims to kick Roaringpaw as hard as he can in the stomach, hoping to pummel him off of pinning Wrath-howl "I don't know what to do any more " he admits to the older boy, wanting to beg and plead the hero for any ideas, "I thought, just because you and the rest weren't born Thunderclan, that you were dangerous to us. I thought I was doing the right thing, I swear, I swear I did...but you're not the one with blood on your paws, are you?" he rubs a paw down his face, hiccuping, "Starclan, you're a hero...I wanted so badly to be that, and you're doing it so effortlessly"

"Roaringpaw...I'm sorry. For how I treated you, how I looked at you...I'm so sorry"

• @roaringpaw this was a whole ass doozy um skip to the [**] for everything relevant to their fight <3
    Also feel free to have Roar do whatever he wants, Wrat will do his best to parry and hit back defensively with sheathed claws, but in the next post he'll run and save Orange <3

• GENERAL:
    Wrath-howl
    DMAB— He/Him
    10 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Laughblossom || Pridepaw, Merrypaw
    Thunderclan — apprentice
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically mediocre | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently , mentally unwell
    "SPEECH"

She emerges from the recesses of camp at Flamewhisker's call, her heart lighting up with sick, bloodthirsty glee as the time she had been waiting for arrives. Grief and the lust for revenge have haunted her ever since discovering the fate of her brother, and it was maddening. Sickening. How many times in this short amount of time had she thought she was going vomit from the strength of the pain in her heart? The churning in her stomach? To be consumed so wholly by it, she now understands how Rabbitnose felt. Deep, all consuming sorrow that no matter how she tried to swim against the current, she is dragged under all the same. She cannot push these feelings away this time.

So she will let them flow. It will be her fuel, her strength. To see her enemies crushed beneath her paws is what she lives for, it's where all these scars came from. She has lead a life of conquest. Badger, Bonecrusher, Badgerstrike, no matter what name she's gone by, the beast inside remains the same, and as always, it cries out for blood. It is her single talent, she understands. Her sole purpose in life, to her detriment. She never could connect with others, was never easy to get along with. Her social skills are rotten and could use work.

Despite all that, Rabbitnose never regarded her as a monstrous beast or a conquerer. She was just his sister. His big, brutish sister that protected him from the scary noises in the dark. From the predators after his flesh, from rogues after his blood. When she found him again she was forced to admit he was all grown up... So she gave him space to live his own life.

And life continued to snuff his light out.

Her brother, who shined as bright as the moon in the sky, snuffed out one final time.

Teeth bare in an ugly snarl as she bristles and growls, claws digging into the ground with each step. A taunt would have left her lips normally, but not today. Today, she lives up to her names. As soon as Flamewhisker calls to take back their home, the leash is off. She rushes in and yowls, leaping for the first one of Skyclaw's cats in her sight hoping to dig her claws into them, jaws open and ready to bite.

(( Open to attacks, anyone can be the cat shes attacking!))​

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- he is hit with an urge to help he has to help, to be useful. in a sea of wolves and lions, he must swim right through, even when he feels like his lungs are squeezing so tight that he just can't breathe. his vision is dizzingly blurry for a moment as he looks back to the medicine cat den before he heads closer to the nursery. the kits will need all the help they can get, right? he can be useful. he can do something that makes him a true thunderclanner. that is what he's supposed to be. training to be a good warrior, training to be strong. he doesn't care about the way his leg wants to give under him, or the way his side burns. his throat burns, but he keeps going, paws aching and everything. he has to help.

... he shouldn't have left the den. yet again, he is a mouse between the paws of a lion, as his body hits the ground. he's going to die here, isn't he? how is this how he dies? he doesn't even know if he's scared to die or if he's scared how painful it's going to be. was it painful for you, mama? orangepaw can't move. can't breathe. can't do anything but panic, forcing himself to try and focus on the good in this but what possibly be good about this? where was the light? why couldn't he find it? why couldn't he find the light? mama... what is good about this? is... is their a light? why can't i find it? why can't i... what am i supposed to do? you said... you said i have to find the light but i can't mama... I'm sorry...

he can't think about it anymore. a mouse trapped in a den, surrounded by wolves and lions, and their sharp teeth and claws. he is going to die here, isn't he? maybe when this is all over, and the pain fades away, he will see his mom again.

// not open to anything!! planned interactions only !!

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ it was skyclaw's final curtain call. flamewhisker offered more peace than they deserved, and the false leader spits in the face of it. nightbird was glad he'd die the fool, there was no other way out of this mess. she looks to stormywing and badgerstripe as they enter, shifting from the nursery entrance so that they may take her place inside.

she had kits to protect, only she couldn't do that by shying away from the blood scent that enveloped thunderclan's camp. and raccoonstripe would probably claw her ears for it later, but it was the truth that nightbird was more useful out there. flamewhisker, thunderclan, needed able paws more than anything, and nightbird couldn't sit idle. twilightkit's call has her ears twitching, a frown settling onto her face as she turns over her shoulder to watch as coltkit tackled her to the ground. nightbird looks to stormywing with something unspoken before rising to her paws. "don't come out until i get you. listen to stormywing and badgerstripe, i'll be back." the queen instructs her children, plus coltkit, who had found his way into her nest at twilightkit's beckoning.

nightbird slips past the gray warrior as flamewhisker and skyclaw begin bleeding each other. cats all around launch at one another, and her paws prickle with anticipation as she joins the fray. firepelt is the first traitor she sees, his orange pelt doused in the rain that falls steady now. she wastes no time making contact, claws scoring across his flank. water washes the stickiness of blood away, but the scent is only amplified through the thick air.

mud coats her pelt, and firepelt's bumbling white paws can't keep up on the ground's slick surface. he is a large cat, a large cat that slips and hits the ground hard. nightbird is already diving to pin him before he has the chance to flip back upright, her teeth already lunge for his bared throat. as they sink into his fur, her nose is filled with a scent that is so thunderclan it sends an uneasy feeling rolling down her spine. it is gone when he grapples for her ears, nightbird hisses into the fur of his neck when a claw makes purchase, leaves a searing pain in its wake.

she doesn't hesitate again, clamping her jaws with all her strength and then some. she tastes the blood pouring from his wound, feels it sliding onto her forehead from hers. the lead warrior does not give in until the body beneath her falls still, until the coward's paws stop flailing pitifully.

when she raises her head, silver eyes narrow onto the bristling form of an apprentice. mottledpaw, who had been her denmate not long ago. she was skyclaw's apprentice now, head filled with poison no doubt. but this was also lightstrike's child, a cousin to her own kits. bloodstained teeth snap shut as a frustrated growl tears through her throat.

"go back to the apprentice's den," she warns, ears flattening as she takes a tentative step forward. her claws are sheathed as she moves off the limp body that was once a clanmate. "skyclaw will fall a traitor, a failure- you do not have to follow him blindly to that fate." there is a plea on the edge of her tone as she raises it above the thunder. mottledpaw's only crime was being misguided, too young to truly know better. was that enough to earn a death sentence? but the apprentice wasn't leaving, stubbornly standing ground. "it's not too late. make the right choice and go, mottledpaw."
  • ooc ↛ planned interaction with @mottledpaw, not open to other attacks/interaction atm <3
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 36 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / currently mentoring none.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

🕷️ just mere moments before the beginning of the uprising, spiderkit had been hovering along the outskirts of camp particularly near a patch of shrubbery where they where observing the reason for his namesake spinning an intricate web between the thin brambles that the leaves clung to before becoming startled horribly by the hard-bitten outcry of flamewhisker who arrived in camp flanked by previously exiled clanmates and current supporters alike to reclaim thunderclan. when skyclaw refused the path of peace, chaos descended almost immediately upon thunderclan as both sides clashed together in a flurry of ferocious yowls similar to the churning storm that rolled overhead.

frightened, spiderkit could only will his paws to move when it meant diving into the temporary shelter that was the shrubbery but they refused to carry him any farther leaving him to remain concealed by foilage while flattening himself as close to the ground as he could with large ears pinned tightly against his shadowed crown. spiderkit was essentially trapped by fear, body refusing to take the risk make a break for the nursery when they could easily get end up as a accidental or even purposeful casualty in the the raging battle. in their peripherals they noticed one of the queens, specklenose, looking a bit frantic and speaking to someone outside the den but they cannot make out any words when everything else is so loud. this focus is quickly broken when there is a sudden surge of movement heading towards spiderkit's position that distracts him and unable to tell if it was a loyalist or an ally, all he could do was whimper and screw his eyes shut while praying that he doesn't get found.

|| this is a planned interaction with @beetlepaw ! npc queen was doing a headcount and noticed something was off

Flamewhiskers call to battle had not been lost on his ears. She rushes towards Skyclaw with a vengance, and despite everything his nephew has done, despite the atrocities he had committed... He thinks back to a small kit tucked in to Little Wolfs side, alongside another that is now long gone, and he feels sick. Once, he had been a kit. All of these cats had been little once. Where did anyone go wrong? What made them this way? What happened to twist their minds?

His slight hesitance earns him a more than heavy swipe against his flank and he turns to face his attacker, Gloomtail, one of Skyclaws loyalists. Red droplets fling off of glinting claws as his attacker springs once more, burying his teeth in to his shoulder and tearing. Cobweb lets out a yelp of surprise, stumbling back as he regains his footing. He tries to muster a snarl, now on the defense as Gloomtail runs at him.

Gloomtail ends up slamming straight in to Cobwebtails side, and now its time for him to swing now that Gloom was stunned. He swings his a heavy arm and whacks Gloomtail over the head with it.

This action sends Gloom in to the earth and dirt below, with Gloomtails claws in Cobweb bringing him down as well. They grapple for control (and prickles here and there lets him know hes getting scratched every so often for it), but unfortunately for Cobweb, he's in a bad spot. He ends up pinned, slamming in to the earth below with a hiss of slight pain.. A muzzle comes dangerously close to his throat, and he begins to panic for his own safety.

I want to live! He has to act fast. Unsheathed paws batter against the night-pelted felines underside, his own jaws part in a viscous cycle of life and death before they clamp down on the first piece of exposed fur he sees. Unfortunately for Cobwebtail and the warrior he had been clashing against, it was the throat. When he presses his teeth down further, blood sprays in his mouth, makes him sick at the metallic tang. The warrior makes a gurgle, eyes just as wide as Cobwebtails as they both hear an audible crunch beneath.

He’s never killed before. He’s never had to kill before. He feels sick to his stomach as the black pelted cat he had been fighting slumps down on the side of him, covered in crimson, deep gouges down the side of their flanks, fang-marks deep in their throat. He heaves a shuddering breath that rattles in his chest and… fizzles out at the end, the exhale harder than the inhale. Oh, Stars, I just killed someone. Someone, who despite being on the wrong side of the battlefield, was just trying to live as he was. He heaves himself up, wide-eyed as he just... He does nothing but stand there, watching as the blood puddling beneath Gloomtail grows wider, watching as shallow breaths turn to absolutely none at all. Gloomtail is dead, and Cobwebtail killed him.

Adrenaline is a hell of a hormone. As it wears off, he begins to feel the searing pain from wounds he hadn’t even noticed before. All of the sudden he is dizzy, Stars… He’s growing tired. Shadows flicker at the edges of his vision as he stands there, watching the liquid that drip down pale blue fur, that stains white red. Is there supposed to be that much? He could have sworn he only took two or three swipes.

His eyes slowly slide to the sky. We won't die. Nothing can kill me, he had once joked to Doepath on a brighter day than this, where it was nice outside, and the birds were chirping in the backdrop and all he could hear was her admission of fear and oh Stars how he has failed her. And by extension, you, too. He huffs another breath, this time weaker than the one before. Look at them now… Doepath in the medicine den, him plastered in wounds that slowly bleed him dry. How ironic it is that things can change in the blink of an eye. If he had known, would he have begged his mother to hold her back, so he could shield her from the horrors of war? From the horrors of his own nephew?

He finally slumps forwards, hitting the ground a little too fast, too quick for his liking. The only sound he makes that lets others know that he isn’t dead is the exhale of his lungs as earth collides with his flank. It’s so quiet, and yet so loud, too. Howlingstar… He wants his- "Mama,” he whispers for her, blood in his throat making his voice gurgled. “Mama, I tried… Mama, I tried...” he whispers like the little kit he once was, looking only for his mothers approval. Mama, it hurts. Mama, i’m scared. Mama, please… He wants to curl up in to her side like he once did, when she had the power to make a scrape feel all better. When she soothed any fears he had. He wants his brothers and sisters back. He wants his family to be whole again. Raccoonstripe and Lily Pad. It had been him, Raccoonstripe and Lily Pad. It shouldn’t have been them. It should be everyone left. It shouldn’t just be…

Stars above, he’s so… so tired… It drags at his bones, his very core. A little bit of sleep won’t hurt. I’ll see everyone… in the morning… Goodnight… There would be no morning to see because as soon as his eyes flutter shut, his flanks still and his body relaxes into its final state. He does not think of the cat he had just killed in his final moments of consciousness.

When he’s awakened, he convinces himself he’s fine. When he gets up with a stretch, and feels lighter, and stardust speckles his paws as he looks down… His heart seizes. Panicked, he looks up… To meet the green eyes of his mother and only then does the reality of it hit him: he’s dead. He died. He died fighting for Thunderclan. He died fighting against his nephew. His eyes turn back to his body, laying there battered and bloody and worst of all eerily still. Oh… He’s actually dead, he’s dead! He looks back to his mother, and he lets out a strangled noise; its not so bad if hes dead, as long as shes here… As long as shes here… Cobwebtail presses his face in to his mothers fur, like he has so many times before, nearly sobbing as she embraces him back."I never stopped watching over you," her voice is gentle, just as he remembers. "I tried, mama, I did. I missed you." he repeats, burying his face in deeper. They’ll depart to Starclan soon enough, but right now shes here, and Cobwebtail cannot be happier being reunited with his mother. He had died for Thunderclan, for her. All is okay.

• italicized last paragraph is for starclan flavor text; no one can see it <3
  • 70465135_T7AXRhwAl3U4ZQt.png
    cobweb ,, cobwebtail
    cis male ,, he/him ,, 45 moons
    thunderclan warrior ,, mentoring n/a
    spindly blue & white tabby tom with blue eyes
    "speech, 827aab" ,, thoughts
    bisexual ,, single
    smells like oak trees & an odd mixture of smoke
    art by inkcap ,, penned by chuff

Last edited:
❝ it's gonna hurt for a bit of time ❞

Flamewhisker stood like a lion at the helm of her legion of warriors. A vision of power and fury and strength. Lightflower pulled herself up, joining the ranks of the kitty-pets and the like. The embers that had simmered in her chest grew hotter by the second. Barbed taunts laced in poison split the air. Skyclaw spat on the notion of peace. There could never be peace.

"ThunderClan! Take back your home!"

Flamewhisker's yowl sent the fire raging in her. Fighting had never been the young warrior's strong suit, but damn her if she didn't give everything she had. The nearest Skyclaw follower turned bristling toward her. Bluetail fell under the abrupt attack. A moment of panic. Embers faltering. What now? She didn't want to kill her. What else was there to do? Bluetail took her chance, flipping them over to slam Lightflower to the ground. A burst of stars behind her eyes made her wince. Stop thinking! A vicious lash across her chest made her screech. She kicked as hard as she could, sending Bluetail to the side, coughing. Lightflower reeled back and whack! A paw to the head to disorient her.

"Run away, don't ever come back here," She snarled. Bluetail, surprisingly, took the hint, and scurried away. Coward,

Lightflower looked around, suddenly frantic to find someone. Anyone. Her gaze lands upon Bugpaw, being attacked. Anger flared in her chest once more at the idea. She lunged toward them, claws digging in. "Bugpaw!"

// @BUGPAW
✿✿✿

Last edited:
This isn't what I wanted, this isn't what I was promised. Hearing this, Roaringpaw wants to laugh. The pain from the claw wounds in his stomach is irrelevant at this moment. And so he does, he dry laughs, no joy present in it. He thought seeing Wrathpaw finally realize how much of an idiot he'd been would make him happy, it would be something he would hold against the younger tom forever. So why did he feel nothing of the sort? Why, why, why?

What you were promised. He barks. He cannot find it in himself to emphatize with Wrathpaw— Wrathhowl— not now, and maybe not ever. Because ThunderClan would've been so strong without several of its members. Like you all haven't eaten the prey we've caught, like many haven't sacrificed their lived for ThunderClan. Sunfreckle died protecting the nursery from the wolves, was he weak? He had heard of the ex-kittypet's sacrifice in passing. Had he died for nothing, for these cats who now spat at his legacy for his origins?

None of these cats except for Skyclaw would be remembered in the generations to come, listed as just clanmates who aided in the murder of their leader.

A hero? He is no hero. Simply standing for what he can clearly see is right doesn't make him a hero. Maybe he could've been one had they not been in exile during Skyclaw's mutiny. Maybe, maybe he could've made a difference and they wouldn't be here now.

The kick sends him backwards, and he has to hold the urge from leaping at Wrathhowl again, to tear into him with his claws. The younger tom continues his speech, the rain pelting against them in a depressing show. Roaringpaw doesn't have it in him to listen to this charade.

Roaringpaw...I'm sorry. For how I treated you, how I looked at you...I'm so sorry. No, no, no. This trick won't work on him. Now he was sorry? After the murder of several clanmates, of Pebblestep, of Ploverhop, of Morningcloud, of Mousenose, of Howlingstar? He doesn't get to feel sorry now. You will live with your mistakes for the rest of your pitiful life. The golden-furred tom spats, his tail lashing behind him as he watches Wrathhowl carefully. Would he fight back? After everything, he doesn't have it in him to battle?

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. NOT open to further interactions, only planned ones!
  • ROARINGPAW —— apprentice of thunderclan , mentored by leafhusk . npc x npc . littermate to npcs ✦ penned by nocthymia
    male / he/him / 11 moons & ages every 14ᵗʰ
    single / orientation & poly or mono / open/closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— combat details here / battle notes

speech, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord (hypmic) for plots — toyhouse
  • reference image here
    a longhaired flame sepia with low white and amber-brown eyes.
    [/QUOTE]

He had been told to keep away from the main battle as much as possible- and Beetlepaw sure had heard his dad say some things, but they had gone in one ear and out the other. The main force descended upon camp, and Beetlepaw stood tall with them, his head lifted and his broadening form, one he was still growing into, hopefully some level of intimidating. Not really, unfortunately, but he could try.

Flamewhisker had called to his uncle, and parts of him begged for normalness, for everything to go back to normal- but other parts knew that couldn't happen. They were going to scattered regardless, pieces of Thunderclan already bent and warped by the going on. A long breath left him, body thrumming anxiously- vision searched for his siblings in the crowd, and found a bush trembling with a slip of black fur instead.

Then the fighting broke out- and he was yowling as he tried to slip through the crowd to the bush, knowing exactly what had happened. A pair of claws descended on him then, and Beetlepaw's head reared back to pull away from the claws. An ear was snagged, and a hiss left him as the NPC's talons hooked a notch into the tender flesh. His teeth were bared as he snapped back- a satisfying crunch echoing in his ears as he bit down on their paw. While they scrambled backwards, he continued to the bush.

Green eyes widened at the sight of Spiderkit- but as they kit flinched away, Beetlepaw leaned down, grabbing him by the scruff. He wasn't much larger then Spiderkit, but hopefully the tugging would be enough. "Hey! It's just me, it's just Beetlepaw! C'mon, the nursery!" He would drag Spiderkit out of the bush, urging the other towards the nursery.
  • "speech"
    // @SPIDERKIT
  • BEETLEPAW he/him, apprentice of thunderclan, six moons.
    LH black smoke with bright green eyes. growing into a very broad and built tom-cat, mirroring his father's build. of average height, with a shit-eating grin more often then not.
    being mentored by burnstorm / / mentoring no one
    no romantic interests / / BURNSTORM X ROEFLAME - sibling to dovepaw and littlepaw, adoptive sibling to hopepaw and coalpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊ When Flamewhisker asks for help to retake their clan, many respond in kind, while others fight to undermine her. Dwindlingpaw rushed over to offer assistance, but she is stopped fast by the overwhelming amount of bright red she had splashed into.

Cats from the Thunderclan fight, hiss, claw, and bite at one another. Bodies sprawled on the sandy camp floor, lifeless, or screaming in agony as blood spattered everywhere. The line that had before been so evident to her had abruptly become less distinct watching everyone suffer.

What makes a cat evil? Is it the blood that they shed or the loyalties that they break? The Skyclaw definitely deserve to suffer to die; he sealed their fate. But should all of his followers, even the ones who never killed? Death didn't have such concerns, it took siblings, children parents without a care. It wasn't just the guilty that was caught it it's embraced.

Dwindlingpaw was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't notice Mudstep charging at her. He was saying something, but she couldn't hear him over the sounds of her own screams. The warrior's claws dug into her flank, pulling down sideways along soft flesh while putting his weight on the other, causing Dwindlingpaw's legs to collapse.

"Get off of me" She screeched, words echoing in her mind feeling so familiar. But this time her opponent didn’t care to hold back at all. The apprentice tried to turn her head to bite him and use her claws to get him away, but she couldn't reach, and every small movement caused the pain to travel farther down her lower back. Watery blue eyes looked around for help, but everyone else seemed preoccupied.

• ooc: — haha girl focus! Mudstep is an NPC @Fadingpaw sib in distress
  • 87860419_VubmXDbkHlztzEw.png

Dwindlingkit — She/Her ・ 8 moons ・ Thunderclan apprentice・ PENNED BY @Ghostunes!
    ☀︎ A charismatic colorful array of cream orange and red fur shaped like an apprentice.
    ☀︎ Crimsonsun x Shadedmoon

☀︎ Tags

Last edited:
Hidden in the all too comfortable shade, haunched over with dark legs squeezed together into his scrawny form. It's happening. Wide, hazel eyes flitted towards Flamewhisker's call that sliced through the air. He hopes Skyclaw backs down, but unfortunately he speaks his discontent. Loudly, viciously that makes his skin crawl.

Was he even ready to fight? Ready to get blood on his claws...? W-was he... even ready to die? His heart seemed to beat in his throat, as he slipped away from the twisting shadows. With his distance away from the gathered cats. Deerpaw's mouth curled into a frown, his tail twitching against the ground. His thoughts run into a halt, when the call of action rang through the air. Feathered ears flattened to his skull, as he shuffled backwards. Away from the sudden yowls and hissing insults thrown into battle. His eyes swept to the returning exiled kittypet-borns, he took a breath as he stood awkwardly away from the battle. Rain descended from the rolling gray clouds.

His hesitance earns him more then he'd imagined, he gets bodied by an attacker. His paws slips from under him, making him land onto the mud - slicked ground with a thud. He lets a gasp leave his maw, hazel eyes wide looking up at the ragged, bicolored coat of Bristletuft. One of Skyclaw's followers. A traitor... The older molly's jaws begins to open, as he takes a hindpaw to kick the warrior's throat. Bristletuft lets out a choked gasp, while the scrawny tortoiseshell scrambles up onto his paws with a nervous tail twitch. Mud plastered itself across his coat. Deerpaw looks around at the battle around him, blood being spilled onto the muddy ground. It makes him grit his teeth. Whipping his head around to face his attacker. He wastes no time into flinging himself at his former - clanmate with claws unsheathed and ivory fangs bared. Hooked claws catches onto Bristletuft's back, he quickly buries his teeth into her shoulder. Blood catches onto his tongue. Living blood. He doesn't like it in his mouth, it's disgusting. His tail lashes as he releases his jaws away from Bristletuft's shoulder. It was a mistake. Letting out a yelp in surprise, as the larger molly slams him into the mud– his claws releasing his hold. He ends up pinned, slamming into the earth with a yelp. Talons descend upon him, his head pulls away with a hiss. A feathered ear was snagged while Bristletuft's claws ripped into tender flesh. His teeth bared as he reared up, neck craning to dig his fangs into the warrior's throat.

The warrior lets out a yowl, her paws scramble backwards before she ends up slipping into the mud. He begins to panic, teeth clamping down onto the warriors throat. The noise builds up in his throat and leaks out from his clamped jaws like a waterfall. Blood sprays his mouth– it makes him sick. Deerpaw's heart beats in unsteady rhythm against his ribcage, he finds his claws dig into bicolored warrior's stomach. An ear twitches, as the grungle sounded from his attackers maw. Eyes as wide, as he hears a crunch below him.

He lets the warrior's head drop into the mud, as he breathes heavily. He... He had killed. He has never killed before, this wasn't like prey. This wasn't– This wasn't... He lets out a choked laugh, while staring at the body. Crimson drips down from his mouth. Oh... Right. His ear... ow. He heaves a shuddering breath that rattles in his chest. The apprentice just stands there, does nothing as he watches the blood puddling beneath him grow larger. Bristletuft is dead. Deerpaw had killed her.
EpC61GT.png
  • ooc. he fought and unlived an npc, he's not doing so good– open to further attacks/interactions! <3
  • temp deerpaw reference
    b98dd8474182f7acce14e38f16159019c7459f6e.pnj
  • ( I-I CAN'T H-HANDLE IT! ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ♰ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ DEERPAW. ╱ thunderclan apprentice
    ⸝⸝ amab ; HE / HIM ; 9 MOONS OLD & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    homosexual, ace / not actively looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a scrawny longhaired black/dark ginger tortoiseshell tom with low white and hazel eyes.
    thoughts ; "Speech, 4d4344" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like mud &. damp earth musk
    all opinions are ic! he's morbid and he sucks </3

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

〕Her attack is successful. As her teeth meet flesh, blood begins to pour into her mouth. Her nose wrinkles in disgust, but she keeps biting harder and harder. She feels him twist beneath her paws, and pain shoots through her non-torn ear. He pulls back, trying to tear it to match her other. Needle-like pain shoots through her face, and before she goes to pull away, her stomach is pounded into by unsheathed claws. The tabby let out a hiss of pain, and pulled away.

Do you fear death, Flamewhisker?

Her eyes narrow at his taunt, and she follows in his circling movement. Her heart lowered, mimicking that of a huntress stalking her prey. “No.” Her voice was firm, full of certainty. Had she once feared death? Of course. The fear that maybe the tales of Starclan were just a kit-tale, that she would never see her kits again. She had gone through that many moons ago when she helped lead Thunderclan’s group into the mountains. In that moment, she had been certain she would not be returning home, and the fear that had laced her had been noticeable. But now? If she were to die today, she would be fighting for Thunderclan’s restoration. For the clan she had grown to call her family…for the elders who had spent their lives protecting and providing for the clan, and for the kits who would one day become warriors and leaders. Thunderclan had no future with Skyclaw as leader. If she were to die today, she would be embraced by her kits, by her fallen friends, by her mate.

Howlingstar died, what, nine times? Do you want that for yourself - that repeated pain, to watch your kin die, and die again.

I have already.” Her words were cold as they spat back at the tom. She had lost so many friends, two kits, her mother, her mate, and unbeknownst to her another one of her kits lay unmoving beside Falconheart. Pain and death was something she had seen so many times since joining Thunderclan. A piece of her heart had left the day Flycatcher was stolen away from her, a piece that would never grow back. “Starclan would never grant you nine lives. I think you know that, or else you would have already gone to get them by now.” She pushed forward, attempting to walk him closer to the edge of the Highrock.

I hope Starclan has more mercy than I do.” She had slain before, and she would do so again. White paws lunge forward in another attack, attempting to back him even closer to the edge. She drew her front paw backwards, and went for a blow to the side of his face. Above them, thunder roared in the sky. Rain coated the rock’s surface, sending loose pebbles falling down below. He lunged forward for another attack, but she was quicker. A loud crack of lightning illuminated the sky as the deputy ducked, and pushed forward with outstretched paws in an attempt to push Skyclaw off the rock. At the same moment as he began to fall, pain shot through her shoulder, traveling up her neck as he was hanging off her neck, dangling in the air. She dug her claws into the rock, but it was too slick to gain any traction. Her heart began to pound in her ears as she started to loose her footing. She pulled back her neck, trying to get him off, but she felt herself being pulled closer and closer over the edge.

u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. @skyclaw
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 36 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

· · ───────────── ·𖥸· ───────────── · ·
The fighting breaks out before she can really wrap her head around such a reality. Clan-mates lunge at clan-mates, kittypets pour through the ravine like they're an infectious flood. Mottledpaw immediately grows wary of her position, dimly reminded of her youth, of how easy it would be for one of those self-righteous hooligans to justify her death. How hungry they looked now, their claws glinted in the blood of those she'd considered allies... friends...

Skyclaw stands in front of Flamewhisker and the tortoiseshell grows frantic at the prospect of his losing- he can't die. Her uncle... her mentor... the one piece of her mother she can really cling to and he is snarling. He is frustrated. He is mortal.

Mottledpaw tries to shove her way through the bodies that stagger around her, emerald vision sweeping wildly for the figures of her litter-mates. You idiots, she thinks, seething in her fear, All this death for what? Was it really so bad... to carefully cut the cancerous weight of their Twoleg pets from their ranks? Did they really hate her kin so much they'd slaughter him?

Like he killed grandmaw...

Stunned by her own thoughts, the dappled she-cat shakes her head, finally landing on the sight of Nightbird locked in battle with another. She's winning... She's winning! The delight of such a revelation startles her further, stumbling closer as her claws dig into the dirt. She can't let her win- it would be a pointless success. She just needed to listen... just needed to understand that this was all for the best, if she could just be patient.

She trusted Mottledpaw... right? That same kit who'd won her silly hunting game moons ago? They were but a whisker away from being family in some way right? The crunch of cartilage, a crimson soaked maw... they turn towards her in a horrible victory. She killed him... She's speaking now... as the apprentice's fur stands on end... telling her to flee. To go be with the others her age- What's the point, she thinks miserably, reminded of just how many grimace-twisted faces will greet her there, would shove her out or take justice into their own paws and maybe just kill her too. Good riddance... right? I'm already dead.

It hadn't clicked until this moment, when her paw reaches up to swat across Nightbird's face, that with her mother's last breath, she might've taken her last breath too. That all of this struggle and writhing for purpose and control was just a bid to fulfill a role left by her absence. Her claws strike... and her stomach twists.... horrified gaze transfixed on the beads of blood that form where she'd hit her. Nausea overwhelms her, gaze snapping between the lead warrior and her own bloodied paw- I hit her... I hit her, panic sings in a shrill tone in her head. The flecked she-cat looks back at Nightbird, maw hung open in a dismayed uncertainty, "I.... I'm sorry," she stammers, tail tucking between her legs, bowing towards cowering. "It wasn't supposed to be like this! I don't want this," she continues, feeling her throat grow tighter. "Don't... don't make me fight you."

Because I have to.... Or all of this was for nothing. Everything I did, everyone I hurt... it would mean nothing.

@nightbird planned interaction; do not intervene please <3​

Reactions: nightbird

So let's pretend we like each other

Everything seemed to happen in an instant. Flamewhisker bringing in the kitty-petted blood warriors to her challenging their rightful leader, and now an all out fight has broken across the whole clan. Fallowbite had betrayed them, had betrayed Skyclaw and yet before they could even react or put in a few words of his own towards the traitorous creature, Leafhusk strikes at him and his blue-brown steeled eyes loomed over her with a crazed look in them and a ferocious sneer peered onto his lips as his hackles rise. "You...KITTY-PET SCUM" she howled before aiming to lunge himself in a crazed motion towards Leafhusk he will not let them win, no...no

Starclan had allowed this! Had allowed them to take over the clan, so why... why would they not accept this? They were doing what was right for the clan! "You don't belong here! Skyclaw is doing right for this clan! Starclan had willed it! Leave" he howled out in a crazed fury as he aim uncoordinated slashes onto the lead warrior surely they would allow him to win... surely Skyclaw would not fall here, not to day. Thunderclan was their's!
"speak""Thoughts"

Attacking @leafhusk ! ))

CW : Blood, mild gore, violence, and emetophobia. TL;DR – Emberface sustained some face wounds in a fight with a NPC villain before killing him.
☀︎
4d5460.png

The moment Flamewhisker calls, Emberface answers with a lunge. She barrels towards the nursery, folllowing the leads of Stormywing and Badgerstripe, the thorn - shielded den her only goal despite the violence breaking out around her. Skyclaw and his band of wolves will be dealt with, she's sure; the stars themselves, her family twinkling among them, will it as much as they will crown nine lives upon the head of ThunderClan's rightful leader. The earth tumbles away beneath her, and she's thinking only of the kits—when a hard blow to her hind limb stops her.

A black - flecked white face greets her, the elegant countenance of Hazelthorn. His claws are raised high and ready, and Emberface knows she should block them, should meet his challenging blow with her own retort, but—but just for a moment, she hesitates. She sees the softer face of Hazelpaw, with his tired cerulean eyes, patiently talking her through a tracking lesson at Calfheart's behest; she sees Hazelkit, way back in the nursery, batting a mossball at her. She can't see Hazelthorn, with his snarling face and poisoned mind.

She jerks her paw, but it's too little, too late. His claws fall upon her face like hungry wolves upon a deer's carcass and she screams, screams like she hadn't when her father was torn apart, when her siblings were lost to the hungry mouth of the woods, when Mousenose had fallen beneath Ravenstrike's claws. " Stop—stop, please! " she wails, but her pleas fall on deaf ears, and fire continues to rip through her cheek, her ear, her nose, carving under her eye. Her name, always a point of pride, has never felt more painful.

" Stop! " she shrieks—no, she roars, striking out blindly. Emberface puts her bulk to use like she never has before, slamming her heavy paws into Hazelthorn over and over, blood running into her eyes and mingling with the tears that flow down her cheeks. Thump, and she thinks of Howlingstar's kind face, telling her a story of the Great Clans; thump, and she thinks of Sunfreckle, leaping to the wolves for the sake of traitors slumbering in their mother's belly; thump, and she thinks of Mousenose with her life bubbling into the dust.

She vomits when she's done, bile stinging the gashes torn into her face as she staggers to the battlefield's edge. Hazelthorn's snarl is a bloody ruin, the marks of countless blows closing his eyes forever.

As soon as Flamewhisker roared to attack, she found herself flying forward with strength she did not know she had. Lightning and thunder terrified her, but this was not a time to be scared. She would let it drown to the background, remembering the days where she would hide underneath Flamewhisker, Batwing, or Tansyshine from the flashing of light and the sounds of the sky ripping itself apart.

Her paws collided into a grey form much larger than hers, her muzzle pulled back to reveal sharp teeth as she snarled and dug her claws into the much stronger form. Green eyes against orange, she didn't recognize the traitor as they tumbled for a second until she stood over him, a paw on his chest, and the other with wide toes, claws whipping across his face.

Feeling the warmth of blood on her toes, dripping down her forearm- the smell of iron hit her nose and made her dizzy, but she aimed again-

Then she was flying backwards with the wind knocked from the much younger feline. He had experience. She was only a mere apprentice- sure, soon to be a warrior no doubt late for it. But never before would she feel the wrath to fight as hard as she did now.

The screams.

The scent.

It was all too much but dizzying and disorienting as the rain fell hard upon the fighting cats. She found them circling each other, her ears pinned back and hair on end as she aimed to leap- only to fake him out and try to get out of the way. Maybe she was too obvious about it. For as she darted back, his form topped over her.

A small pop in her wrist as she got crushed, letting the weight of their bodies fall down, before with her uninjured paw, reaching around to grip fur across his chest and the bottom of his throat.

More blood than she ever seen spilled down into her body- and she felt sick. She dug her claws in deeper, ripping down his chest. But he seemed unmoving, unphased as he gripped her up easily and slammed her back down.

She couldn't breathe. The wind knocked out of her, and claws ripping down fur and her other shoulder. A wretched sound of pain came from her lungs as she screamed, turning over to bite the paw that held her blood and yank with everything in her until a pop sounded in his shoulder.

"You little-" His form lifted over her, and for a moment- she felt so small again. For a moment, her eyes widened, and the blood that made the scene so dizzying caused a hesitation as the world seemed to slow down. He wouldn't just run- no, not even with the injuries he bore, she knew she could not win. But she hesitated, and it was going to kill her.

But how could she take a life? How could she take Flamenoses life, despite the horrific crimes he took committed? Following Skyclaw like the lacky he was-

Her eyes closed, bracing for impact. Frozen like a deer in headlight- scared that she would have to kill him to get him to stop.

Tansyshine, I hope you're okay. I'm so scared. Flamewhisker, be strong. Don't die tonight.

/// @WILDHEART planned interaction- don't intervene!

ddd766908b2f55be5125eb67dcb6934dc3225d4br1-356-356v2_00.jpg
And thus the battle for freedom began. It raged on around him and already his claws were reaching out to strike down a nearby NPC who clung to the lingering threads of Skyclaw's false leadership. A few firm strikes sent the other feline packing, freeing Wildheart to seek out his next opponent. Cats clashed all around him, a whirlwind of chaos that left even him in a spin. Who to help first? Who needed back up the fastest?

The answer soon came as his focus spun round to that of the conflict waging on between Flamenose and the apprentice who had appeared at the border days before. The battle was onesided and not in Tigerpaw's favour. Her blood had been spilled already and her body looked so broken. Yet the warrior continued to fight even with his own injuries. Someone was going to die there...

Instinct drove him to act as he shot forward like a shooting star. Light as the wind, but with a roar that deafened like the thunder above. He slammed into Flamenose with full force before he could reach the frozen youth, knocking the other tom back and away from Tigerpaw. His teeth snapped at empty air as Flamenose danced his neck out of reach over and over, evading the snapping jaws of the frenzied fighter he now faced. Desperation, fear, and hunger for victory mixed in the air as they span in a dangerous dance with interlocked forms. Their claws kept them hooked together as they remained reared on their hind legs. Around and around they went, until at last Flamenose's chance came when Wildheart lost his balance and stumbled to the ground. With a crazed grin, Flamenose descended upon the calico warrior as he locked his jaws upon the tom's left ear and pulled, shredding the velvet flesh with ease. When the cry was rung out of the wounded warrior he tried to silence it as he brought his claws down upon Wildheart's head, cutting long and deep down the side of the left side of the tom's face.

Like a disturbed hornet's nest Wildheart only grew ever angrier as he tackled Flamenose again, catching him off guard and flipping the other tom onto his side. Leaping over to the other side of the floundering cat he then clamped his jaws onto Flamenose's scruff, and laying himself down behind the tom he then began to kick his hind legs, scoring his claws down his enemy's back. With a violent twist, Flamenose broke free from the vicious hold and the two toms jumped to their feet as they faced off. Circling one another and seeking the right moment to strike.

Wildheart soon came to a stop as he neared Tigerpaw's position, keeping her to his back. "If you don't want to witness a death then I suggest you look away." Internally he found himself facing a torrent of emotions. Never before had he killed another cat, and honestly he wished he would never have to. But here he found himself facing such a difficult reality and he knew that he would have to act.

// @tigerpaw.