time is movin' so slow | pre-gathering chatter

Sitting patiently, the thorny hound tilts his crown side to side to let his neck crackle as he mentally idles. Eyes latching onto the sight of Sootstar, especially as she ascends the rock and seems to start chatting up Howlingstar. Thistleback’s brows pinch and he chuckles darkly to himself, shaking his head and looking back into the crowd in time to spot a familiar Riverclan lead. The dark molly dipping her head to him, he returns it swiftly and moves to stand. He leaves the deputy post, and prowls across the ground to greet them properly. A thin whip-tailed tom is with her, slinking on the ground next to her like a rat.

" you look as comfortable as a rabbit in a wolf den " he comments huskily to Snakeblink, drawing a friendly smile stained with dried bird blood. " That’s a good thing- though. You should never feel comfortable around enemies. " he glances to a group of Windclanners with a murderous scowl before his smile returns upon the duo.

" Good evening lass, good to see you. " he politely offers the dark riverclanner. " How’s newleaf treating you? bigger fish in the river, I pray. " his growlish voice grumbles from his throat. His eyes still occasionally search for Smogmaw.

• — speaking to @Snakeblink and @Cindershade

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

• Love
Reactions: Snakeblink
..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
There's a distinct coldness to the eyes of the one with the white-and-tabby pelt, an unfriendliness that had their smile faltering. Even so, they introduce themselves as Sunflower and Maggotpaw. Sunflower? they find themself thinking. I thought that Clan cats had to have a special suffix relating to rank. They don't voice their query aloud.

Sparrowpaw's gaze flickered back to Maggotpaw, who was looking all the world like they were nothing but an inconvenience. (Were they the WindClanner, after all?) Their paws tapped the ground uncertainly, the expectations they didn't know they had being squandered.

"I'm... sorry," they managed after a moment. "I'm not- I didn't um, interrupt anything, did I?" Part of them was wishing they had gone to find the RiverClan apprentice they had spoken to last moon instead. Or- or stuck with Fireflypaw.

// interacting w/ @sunflowerpaw and @Maggotfur.

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

He doesn't want to be here but for the time being he has to. He's an apprentice still, with everything that had happened he had missed his ceremony and there was no time for another when his assessment had been pushed back due to SkyClan's entire ordeal. Above all else, his mind is not on his name still carrying a 'paw' but the loss of his mother still hung so heavily it was all he could think about. That he was here an apprentice again only rubbed salt in the open wound further. His blue ears pricked upward as he raised his head, glanced around the gathering of cats and drew away from Thistleback to go and wander because right now he didn't care about the rules anymore; he just wanted to see her. He wanted to see the one cat who was always on his side, who always had his back.
He'd heard she was named not too long ago, no longer Roepaw, the last gathering he had not attended for various reasons on top of the entire imprisonment issue occuring at the time. Upon spotting her Snowpaw rushed forward without even bothering to hide his eagerness, tail raised high to wave her down, "Roeflame, you're here. I'm glad, I...a lot has happened...can we walk?"

[Ooc]
- greeting @Roeflame .

fireflypaw.png
Fireflypaw's tail twitches happily as Shiningsun responds to him in kind, tail-tip curling as he seats himself beside the tom. He really liked Shiningsun's attitude on everything! His optimistic view on the world never failed to make him smile. "We've been doing better- I'm sure my dad will announce the news. Maybe. We've got new folks in our Clan now!" He's happy they get to meet more cats. Their Clan was already so close as it was, having more newcomers meant they would have new friends!

He startles as a familiar voice cuts into their conversation, fur rising on end at the sudden worried tone. His back fur prickles in annoyance, though it's quickly laid down when he realizes it's his mother that speaks. Turning back to Shiningsun, he dipped his head to the tom apologetically. "Excuse me," He politely parts from the tom's side in favor of turning to his mother instead. "Mom- Mom, I'm fine. I was searchin' for herbs with a patrol and rogues attacked us. Our warriors fought them off." He shakes out his pelt in embarrassment, chewing at the inside of his cheek. "I can't stay in Dawnglare's den every moment of every day, ma." He huffs, a small smile on his face. Despite everything, he did love his mother. Even if she had moved on, left him behind for two new kits to replace the ones who his kin claimed 'betrayed' her Clan. His eyelashes flutter as his muzzle nudges into his mother's neck fur.

"They hurt for a bit, but it's not like my vision was all that good anyways. I was already used to walkin' with my eyes closed, so.."

// interacting with @LITTLE WOLF , briefly stepped away from @SHININGSUN
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 10 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

It was easier just to mind your business and lay low... right? Making these kinds of friendships were fleeting at best and would only set you up for torment later. Lichentail didn't know what they would do if Ripplesnap had chosen to go another way when the Marsh Group split up... Having to face that goofy smile in battle would've been too much, even if they were undoubtedly loyal to RiverClan. Clayfur was kind... and patient... and was willing to humor their skittish behavior amongst the crowd. It was a relief, certainly.

At the question of their previous attendance, they grew a bit embarrassed. Was it so obvious how off-put they were? "I can't say I have.... After the Great Battle I never really had an interest in seeing.... well... not-RiverClan cats." The peace of their companionship was soon strained by a figure Lichentail didn't recognize... one yammering on to Clayfur about jokes and family and...

How can you be so friendly... I can smell that you're our enemy- it burns my nose. Not wanting to cause any issue despite their distaste, they glanced to Clayfur again for reassurance this interaction was.... wanted. Was he bothered? Lichentail could jump in to save him from this lame chit-chat anytime!-

How many cats can you fit in an empty clearing? Was that a trick question?

Glancing around the huge numbers of those gathering, their ears flattened and in a half-assed tone they muttered, "Too many..."

-- interacting with @CLAYFUR and kinda @rosemire --

"Well I look forward to hearing it all! Sounds like things have been brightening up though." Shiningsun let a purr briefly rumble in his throat as he gazed down at the other tom. Though he gave a small jump when Little Wolf approached, but he gave an understanding nod to Fireflypaw as he excused himself from their conversation. "Of course." He turned himself away from the pair as to give them a chance to speak with privacy, though he remained close in case Fireflypaw wished to continue things.

//Turning away from @Fireflypaw and @LITTLE WOLF
Still open to further interactions.

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — break the air to feel the fall.
The inexplicable feeling of being watched suddenly starts to burn against her skull, caught in a stand-still moment, suspiciously familiar to the sixth-sense that had caught her off guard at the last gathering.
Hazy green eyes scrunch slightly as she lifts her head, searching…
There! The molly that has her gaze trained on her is hard to miss, her silver pelt lit up by the moon against her back. The molly was almost ghostly looking, sadness sunken in to what even Roeflame could tell were once soft features. The Shadowclan reek that radiates off of the cats that surround the stranger is indication enough, and a once curious gaze turns suspicious, she takes a tentative step forward, ready to confront the eerie queen.
Her trance is interrupted by a familiar voice- though the name he says almost sounds foreign as it leaves his tongue.
"Snowpaw?" The words are all breath, her tone unable to hide both her surprise and immense relief.
I.. a lot has happened.. can we walk?
Never before did Roeflame think she’d feel such rejoice at such a simple question. "I- yeah, yes. Let’s go." She tried and fails to keep her words steady as she moves to stand beside him, her flank only just brushing against his.
Still, she’d glance one last time over her shoulder towards the Shadowclan molly, unable to shake the unease from her chest as she’d begin walking away.

// interacting with @Snowpaw , mentioning @Dewfrost
"speech"
tags

IMG_0578.png

SOOTSTAR
Sootstar suppresses a grimace upon being asked to recall the marshes in the winter. She remembers it well, for three or more moons they went with barely a morsel-a-day to get by. She doesn't miss it one bit, she can't help but think those who had remained loyal to Briarstar had gotten the short end of the stick... All the good hunting land surrounding them has been claimed. "Yes, we see rabbit kits all-" Those are the bitches who attacked me!

Claws dig into stone as her eyes screw onto the black-pelted tom. She fails to recall chasing him from her land, not that she doesn't think it happened, she's chased many from her moorland... but who was this? What clan did they come from?! The fur on her neck bristles, "Who is that!?" Her yowl rings across the clearing, potentially silencing the chatter for a few moments. She doesn't care if its from Howlingstar, a cat in the crowd, or the dreadful tom himself.

// interacting with @HOWLINGSTAR and entirety of the clearing if they will hear her. Referring to @Talon
IMG_0583.gif

Predictably, the RiverClanner beside Clayfur doesn't seem very enthused to see him; the younger generations are raised in a mire of ThisClan that and ThatClan this, some of it true and some fed by their so very trustworthy perspectives. All of it because so many of them don't know how to fucking behave for longer than a single evening every moon. But he's tired and he doesn't want to think about StarClan's mistakes or the unending march of conflict eagerly joined by the likes of RiverClan's leader.

That won't be Rosemire. Maybe another cat would worry about meeting Clayfur in battle or taking the life of someone important to him, but Chilledstar will have to exile him before he joins a battle for territory or pride. He wouldn't blame Clayfur for thinking better of this little arrangement of theirs— any of his clanmates could easily continue the game with the added benefit of being safe.

"Could you? I don't know if there's enough time at a gathering for the advice I'd need." His voice remains humorous, but his smile has faded. At least Clayfur's question is familiar territory, and he gives it a moment to think. How many cats in a clearing? An empty clearing, no less? He doesn't miss the mutter from Clayfur's clanmate, but graciously pretends he did. He hums thoughtfully, and then shrugs. "Oh, I don't know. At least ten?"

//@CLAYFUR

❪ TAGS ❫ — Snakepaw weaves through the thickening crowds like an adder through heather, slitted eyes observing the environment around him silently. He wasn't much of a conversationalist, especially with the likes of these lesser groups, so he didn't immediately seek anyone out.

He watches Sootstar mingle with Howlingstar from a distance, curious as to what they could be saying. Part of him wonders if he could overhear them if he strayed close enough to the Great Rock. Before Snakepaw could do so, a rather harsh sentence cuts across the clearing and catches the WindClan apprentice's attention. He is quick enough to fix his gaze on an unfamiliar male, who had made such a bold comment while staring down the leaders. Who did he think he was?!

The midnight black apprentice stalked closer toward this loud-mouthed foxheart, a sneer present on his youthful features as he tilted his head and narrowed down the scent of whichever clan he belonged to. SkyClan. What nerve!

Snakepaw hissed toward Talon, "Watch your tongue, lowly scum, lest we rip it out for you." Gatherings were supposed to be a time of peace under StarClan's watch, but as far as Snakepaw was concerned, this SkyClanner had opened his trap first. What WindClanner wouldn't stand up for their leader? One who associated themselves with a kittypet clan wouldn't get away with insulting Sootstar so easily.

// interacting with @Talon

Lichentail responds that this is the first gathering that they’ve been to, and their attitude suddenly makes a lot more sense. He can understand their lack of interest in seeing cats not from RiverClan—no one-night truce can erase the damage that the other clans have wrought, no faux friendliness between leaders can mend all these broken fences. He heaves a tired sigh. "The first gathering I went to was… really bad. Hopefully this one’s better than that, though." That first gathering had truly been a living nightmare, and Clay isn’t sure whether he should be concerned or relieved that he can’t remember most of the experience. He smiles at the cat beside him, though; hopefully he can help to make this gathering easier for them.

Distracted as he is, Clayfur breezes right past the opportunity to introduce Rosemire and Lichen. Maybe the two cats know each other, and maybe they don’t; such a thought is far from his mind tonight. He dips his head in response to the pale ShadowClanner’s words, rolling his shoulders as he shifts in place. "I mean, I could try. I’ve been told I talk really fast." As much as he may joke, though, he doesn’t even know what advice he would give, if asked. He’s gotten lucky, with amazing family members who all care deeply for one another.

Both the cats he sits with respond to his question, and the warrior’s maw stretches around a half-grin. He shakes his head—neither of them guessed the punchline, so the honor of revealing it goes to him. "You can only fit one, actually. ‘Cause then it wouldn’t be an empty clearing anymore." And there it is. The joke he’s been holding onto for two months, out in the open and certainly dumb as hell. Totally worth it.

// talking to @lichentail and @rosemire
[ YOU ARE THE STARS TO ME ]

be civil, maintain peace, no windclanners, no mischief. thistleback was sure beginning to tack on more rules than she had initially bargained for. breaking off from the skyclanners to find somewhere to chat on her own, her ears were drawn by one of skyclan's newer members. he yelled up to where the leaders sat and her eyes blew wide. bold to address them so casually, blatantly.

he is quick to obtain the ire of sootstar, a dark furred apprentice stalking across the clearing likely to follow up a confrontation. her paws hesitated to move. the fast approaching apprentice was windclan no doubt, but intervening would be breaking a rule. but then again, not intervening would do nothing to maintain the peace!

eveningpaw trots to where talon sits with some riverclanner, she almost flinches at snakepaw's hiss. "he's sorry, very very sorry," she says, a thoughtful look in her pale gaze. "he's new around here, ya see? didn't know any better. but i'm sure, thanks to your kind reminder, he has learned his lesson!" her tone was bright, hopefully enough so to ward the angry apprentice away. she glanced around to check and make sure the steely gaze of her father was not on her before fixing the windclanner with an apologetic grin. maintaining the peace and being civil, she was absolutely rocking this gathering.

// interacting with @SNAKEPAW & @Talon

• Love
Reactions: Marquette
( PRETEND THAT YOU NEVER WENT TO SCHOOL )
"I suppose. The name's Talon, I just joined SkyClan very recently as a matter of fact." The tom explained as he continued to look at Lakemoon in a mildly more relaxed manner. Though that state wasn't to last long as attention began to fall on him. The tom had been about to talk further with the RiverClanner when Sootstar's voice rang out and prompted him to look in her direction.

The tom was brewing up for a snippy response as instinct urged him to verbally put them all in their place, especially the pitiful piece of cur meat that was daring to confront him. The kid honestly didn't look like they'd last one day in twolegplace before falling foul of street dogs or thunderpath monsters. Tch! His lips curled back into a snarl as he prepared to spit some choice words, but Eveningpaw was quicker and interrupted him before things could escalate. Talon's face twisted into something that bore the details of confusion and irritation, but he sussed that it was perhaps better to... humour them. "Oh yes, I'm so sorry. I grew up on the streets livin' alongside dogs. I'm still learnin' my manners. Sometimes I forget that the term for female mutts ain't what we call lady cats. Honest mistake."

//Talking with @Lakemoon . Reacting to @SOOTSTAR and @SNAKEPAW , listening to @eveningpaw
( BUT STILL, YOU'LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT )

His first Gathering as a medicine cat apprentice. Ravenpaw's pelt twitched with unease. Was he to continue mingling with the others as he was used to... or was he expected to join some other medicine cat circle? The encounter in the Moonstone frightened him. The faces of the other medicine cats lit up by pale light had bathed them in an unearthly trance. The agnostic cat's visions had been confusing and enlightening at the same time.

His heart quickened. He craned his head up briefly toward the leaders' rock as he tried to move past the pelts of other stinking cats. Suddenly he felt his path obstructed, bumping into a spotted tabby if the other hadn't been vigilant of their surroundings.

"Omph!" Ravenpaw's eyes closed with embarrassment as he staggered to pull himself back. "Sorry—"

// bumping into @sparrowpaw!

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
The unnerving silence of Sunflower and the intense stare of both was making them wish more and more by the second that they simply hadn't gone looking for cats of either Clan. Even so, Sparrowpaw didn't quite know how to separate themself from the encounter, their weak smile straining to stay in place while they looked from cat to cat.

It was then that someone stumbled right into them, nearly toppling them from where they sat and making them jolt with surprise. An involuntary squeak escaped their mouth, widened eyes turning to the cat that was now embarrassed and apologizing. A cat from RiverClan, based on their scent. "No it's... okay..." they uttered slowly, an itch in their mind dragging out the words.

Have I seen this cat before? They couldn't recall ever seeing them on a patrol before, so where...? Why did they look familiar?

Sparrowpaw realized they were staring with a tensing of their shoulders. Glancing back to the other apprentices, they took the chance to shuffle away a few paces. "Oh- sorry, no no, it's okay, really. I just- I thought I had..." Their mind was doing flips then, straining to find the root of it all, squinting at the poor apprentice all the while.

All at once, the answer hit them. Gray eyes widened. "Wait, are- Ivan?" they stammered tentatively. It couldn't be, right? They hadn't seen him in- in moons. Even still, older as they might be, they couldn't deny the striking resemblance.

// interacting with @RAVENPAW. , nearby @sunflowerpaw and @Maggotfur.

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

The last time he stepped foot here, Finchcatcher was part of the pine group. The last time, there were only two groups. Pine and Marsh stood together, breathing their last breaths before crumbling, dispersing into five clans. Though many moons have passed, though this clearing's meaning has shifted, the scarred warrior knows this place more as a battlefield than a place of peace.

And though he left that night as a member of SkyClan, Finchcatcher returns here as a ThunderClan warrior.

The clans have grown, since the last time he'd been here. Thrived, with all the new faces he sees. Even so, he can't help the nerves that sit within him - the thought of running into a former clan member, or worse, catching a glimpse of snow-white fur and ginger ears.

This is a time of peace, this he knows, but Finchcatcher still holds fear that something will go wrong in his return to the clearing.

// open to interactions!​

Verging on the bare cusp of fatherhood, the ShadowClan deputy's nerves are alight as he meanders into the clearing. Any day now, he would find himself liable for another batch of rascals—and the notion of it constantly tears at the back of his skull like a pair of wee claws. Mounting the strain from within is the very fact that he was attending the gathering tonight, and anybody with an inkling of familiarity knew of his aversion to such sweeping crowds. Swathes of eyes fill the midst, flirting from face to face with prying glances and whispered rumours, and there's no telling how many of them have already burrowed into the depths of his unease.

He walks on painstaking strides, wholly conscious of the tension curdling his veins, yet resolute in his decision to conceal it. Head held high, tail kept firm, Smogmaw withdraws from his clanmates with a parting nod and sets off to the spot where the deputies congregate. His line of vision skims over those who share his rank as he approaches, and a brow crooks askew as he notes the broad form of Thistleback amongst them. A most riveting development. It wouldn't surprise him if SkyClan's previous deputy had finally run off to twirl tails with kittypets. At the very least, her successor had proven himself to be steadfast in his ways, which was a quality befitting of any soon-to-be leader, and a trait that Smogmaw himself embraced.

"Has Orangeblossom given up the ghost?" spurts the dusk-touched tom, his voice leaden with dry curiosity. If so, he couldn't reasonably express any dissatisfaciton. Between this spiky-furred tom and the lead warrior Smokethroat over in RiverClan, Smogmaw found very few qualms in having friends in high places. "Consider me somewhat intrigued." Though the two reside territories apart from one another, the tom regards the other through a lens of fellowship that spares him from the inelegance of smalltalk. No "how are you doing"s, or inane remarks about the night's weather.

// speaking at @ThistleBack, open to other interacts!

Last edited:
ddd766908b2f55be5125eb67dcb6934dc3225d4br1-356-356v2_00.jpg
The nuzzle to his shoulder could only ever come from the like of Patchpaw, so he turned his head in a somewhat relaxed manner in order to look at her rather than falling into any form of panic. Having her in his line of sight at least put him at ease, she couldn't get hurt as long as she remained by his side. "I get it, yeah. It's been a while for me too, though during all that time the tension in the air has never changed. But it doesn't matter, nothing is gonna happen to us." He wanted to give an air of reassurance to her, though he couldn't help but feel humbled by the fact that she had opted to join him.

The topic however shifted attention to that of Rabbitnose and the calico tom found himself looking in the direction of the older ThunderClan warrior. A pang of sympathy niggled at him and he found himself giving a nod of his head. "I'm honestly surprised that he hasn't spoken about what had happened. How about we both go and talk to him?" Opening up communication was likely to smooth over the matter, and honestly Rabbitnose was looking more than a little sorry for himself. It wouldn't do, not at all. Standing up, he then began to head towards the tom whilst expecting Patchpaw to follow. "Hey Rabbitnose, how are you feeling? Do you want to talk?"

//Interacting with @Patchpaw and @Rabbitnose

With Smogmaw and Halfshade's impending litter, it would be...helpful to know how to speak with children. It seems difficult, daunting even, but he holds back from sincerely asking Clayfur for advice. That isn't why the RiverClanner talks to him, is it? They share their stupid jokes, stand around a bit, then take their places when the leaders begin their monologues. Even if he's expressing a willingness to help Rosemire, he's— well. It must be pride that keeps the question in his chest. "Wouldn't want you to lose your voice," he says instead, grinning, "I still need to hear this joke of yours."

And it's terrible. Truly terrible, the sort of terrible that induces exasperation and near-anger. Rose sighs heavily, closes his eyes, and when he opens them, Clayfur still has that smile on his face. "I think I'd have enjoyed it more if you...I don't know, bit my toe. It'd be less painful and I wouldn't be expected to follow that with an even worse joke." Really setting the bar of expectations high there, Clayfur.

//@CLAYFUR

( ) It wasn't much longer before the other clans started to come into the clearing. She watched as warriors started to file in, and begin to mingle with one another. Her nose twitched as the smell of all five clans intertwined hit her nose...that was not a smell she would ever get used to no matter how many gatherings she attended. How do the other cats not know how bad they stink? she wondered as a Shadowclan tom walked by. Yuck!

Suddenly, she spotted just the cat she was looking for...Snakeblink. "I'll be right back." she would say to her mate, touching her nose to his shoulder before she left. Her gaze locked onto the tom, who was obviously not thrilled to be there. He looked jumpy and uncertain...rightfully so. He's lucky there is a truce, or I'd shred him...If he had kept the fight on land, I would've had him. As much as she wanted to attack...she would keep the truce, she wouldn't bring shame to her clan.

She padded over to the group, noting that Thistleback was here too. Another tom that she had fought before, but she didn't hold a grudge against him like she did with the Riverclanner. Thistleback and her had just fought, Snakeblink tried to kill her. She narrowed her eyes slightly, and lifted her chin a little. "What's wrong Snakeblink? You look as though you've seen a ghost." she said icily.

//
talking to @Snakeblink
( WHEN I FIND MYSELF ; I'MA BRING IT ON HOME )

Reactions: Thorny