time is movin' so slow | pre-gathering chatter

IMG_0578.png

SOOTSTAR
Since speaking with Howlingstar she has gone silent, observing the chatter from her perch and meeting some narrowed gazes. Nothing out of the ordinary for a gathering and certainly nothing she couldn’t handle. Until she spots her white and gray daughter mingling with a slate-colored Tom, a spitting image of a cat dead in the ground. Her claws flex into stone and a wild look flashes in her eyes, what are you doing Cloudedsky?!

Faster than a cat could blink she descends the Great Rock and bumps carelessly past cats in her wake, her charge leading right to @GRANITEPELT and @Cloudedsky . Aiming to shove Cloudedsky out of the way by stepping in front of her, she hisses in the ShadowClan tom’s face. ”Just who do you think you are talking to?” Green eyes blaze with fury, but there’s almost a petrified glow to them. Leaning in closer to his ear she snarls just for him to hear, ”I don’t know what your kittypet mother told you… but you will tell my kits none of it. Stay away from my daughter.” Whipping around she aims to direct Cloudedsky away from Granitepelt.
IMG_0583.gif

Granitepelt’s eyes narrow with interest after Cloudedsky confirms his suspicion. Sootstar’s daughter, one of many of the WindClan leader’s kits. He almost imperceptibly smirks at her assertion that she doesn’t care what the other Clans think of her. He responds, “Not particularly, no. I—

A blur of silvery blue fills his vision, blocking the gray and white warrior from him. Sootstar, up close and personal, her green eyes narrow with rage and her words bite at him with a furious whisper-hiss. “Just who do you think you’re talking to?” He remains stoic in the face of her anger, spittle decorating his gray and white face. Her next words, though—and the glint of what he almost thinks is fear in her eyes—cause him to freeze.

”I don’t know what your kittypet mother told you… but you will tell my kits none of it. Stay away from my daughter.”How do you know…” He’s too astonished to rebuke her for referring to his traitorous mother. Sootstar does not give him time to answer before she’s using her body to push Cloudedsky away from him.

Granitepelt stares after them in shock. Sootstar had known Sandra. Had really known her, from the sound of it. But what was she referring to…? What secret had his mother kept and taken with her into Twolegplace?

// interacting with @SOOTSTAR , @Cloudedsky

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]

Reactions: SOOTSTAR