Touch a hundred thousand souls | May pre-gathering chatter

They could hardly believe it was time already. The dread that had been a constant companion these past few days now tightened its grip on his chest, suffocating and unyielding. He trudged behind their clanmates, each step feeling heavier than the last. As their destination loomed closer, his desire to be anywhere but present grew stronger.

Sleep had been elusive, and his face bore the marks of his restless nights. Lines etched into his fur were a testament to the weight of his guilty conscious. While his group arrived at the gathering spot, the feline dragged his paws with a weariness that went beyond physical exhaustion.

He maneuvered through the clusters of cats, avoiding thicker crowds with practiced ease. A prickling sensation of awkwardness crawled down his spine as he skirted the edges of the gathering. Staying near enough to his own clanmates to feel a semblance of safety, but far enough to avoid being drawn into conversation. I shouldn't be here. The thought echoed in his mind, a relentless reminder of his perceived failures.

A phantom memory of soft orange tufts pressed next to his beneath a similar moonlight.

Remorse weighed heavily on Dogbite, his tattered ears flattening against his head. Knowing they had made a terrible decision, and the consequences gnawed incessantly. They yearned for the serenity of quiet. It's what he craved, yet the gathering was a cacophony of voices and scents that only heightened his anxiety.

This wasn't his first gathering, but it was a harsh reminder of the complexities of lying and the burden of keeping secrets. The desire to break down and confess was a fierce, burning itch, yet the need to hide and protect himself was equally strong.

Hunched down, white dappled paws turned inward, his cinnamon-flecked tabby fur blending with the pale dirts.

Dogbite's eye fixed on the ground, watching a beetle as it made a desperate dash for the safety of the trees. The tiny creature's attempt to evade the passing giants mirrored his own desire to escape unnoticed. They envied its simplicity, its singular focus on survival, and for a moment, wished he could shrink down and vanish into the underbrush, leaving any worries behind.

• open to interaction but icly hesitant to engage!
  • jLfE0mV.png

• ✧ LH cinnamon tabby high white blue eye
    npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 34 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric

✧ . Though this is far from his first gathering, nervous anticipation akin to his first trek to Fourtrees is ever present as he guides Fluffypaw toward the clearing. This is the apprentice’s first gathering, the first for all his nieces and nephews, and he can only hope the night goes well for the lot of them.

He remembers Falcongaze’s first, the uncertainty his first apprentice held toward the large crowds upon their arrival, and expects similar of his niece, the tortoiseshell’s paws already trembling alongside his.

I won’t be far, “ the lead warrior promises Fluffypaw as they arrive. Interacting with others is a key part of gatherings, and while he’d encourage her to speak with some of the other clans’ apprentices, Greeneyes wouldn’t be too surprised if the new apprentice stuck to his side for the night’s remainder.

She surprises him though, leaving his side to follow behind Sangriapaw. With his promise spoken, he follows suit, ears twitching at the loud WindClan apprentice his nieces speak with. Pinkpaw — named after a color like him, he briefly finds amusement in the fact.

While they interact, Greeneyes finds himself greeting other warriors nearby, tuning into the apprentices’ conversation every so often. A disbelief in the lack of cousins Pinkpaw carries — he doesn’t have any either — and a mention of their uncle — him — captures his attention. A snow-masked face lifts to look toward them, tilting in question as Sangriapaw and Fluffypaw — and Coffeepaw too, his brown tabby nephew having joined the conversation — speak their own questions of Pinkpaw’s family.

Is she much of a secret, if you're able to tell others about her? “ the lead warrior finds himself tacking on to the interrogation of Pinkpaw’s secret aunt, a concept that he too finds himself lost on. ​
EpC61GT.png
  • // interacting with @PINKPAW , @FLUFFYPAW , @SANGRIAPAW , and @COFFEEPAW
  • 74596946_rY2pLJ2YZGmQ0CI.png
    GREENEYES AMAB. He / Him. Lead Warrior of SkyClan.
    ✧ . A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    ✧ . Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    ✧ . Mentored by Sheepcurl ; Mentor to Fluffypaw, formerly Falcongaze
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

his ears perked up curiously and he hums with a quick lick of his whiskers. that was a smart idea! were all windclan cats this smart? gosh, he had made friends with someone so smart!! he giggles only shaking out his fur as he speaks.

"i should! aaaand i have once or twice! she's not there yet but she will be, i just know it!"

his optimism was all he had. he couldn't allow himself to believe that his mother was dead because he just didn't think so. she could come back. she always did. she always said she would and he trusted her more than he trusted anyone!

"i dunno! i was just really tired! it was fun though!"

as clueless as he is, he doesn't see any problem for wanting to fall asleep on someone. especially if it's a cat like gentlestorm. he's cool and awesome! who wouldn't wanna fall asleep against him?

"nope! my mentor is butterflytuft! gentlestorm is the medicine cat! how cool is that? he's so smart! smarter than you i think and you're pretty smart, brackenpaw!"

he grinned widely, without even a speck of malice.

// @Brackenpaw

d8xoca2-7313b156-0fa4-4993-9ead-a3476c02bd04.png

♪ Like a moth to a flame ♪ ---- It took Mothfur a while to get to the gathering, his patrol took longer then attended. Watching two squirrels fight among the trees was amusing to him and his apprentices. After apologising to his clanmates, he looks over his shoulder to make sure Tornadopaw was still at his side before finding a nice spot to sit amongst the crowd.

Keeping Tornadopaw close, the tom spoke with a serious tone. "We sit here, now pay attention and sit still. Some of these cats are quite easy to anger." Now pointing to the leaders discussing amonst themselves, "Those are the leaders and deputies of all five clans, they will take turns speaking. Their news can either be boring or very important, so listen close." Mothfur continued to babble about their named and placing bets about what might be discussed. He could only hope his apprentice was listening.

ooc // interacting with @TORNADOPAW! ..