Touch a hundred thousand souls | May pre-gathering chatter

Sun-gree-uhpaw claims that she's normal - sized. The hmm Pinkpaw replies with is highly suspicious, but she decides she won't argue right now. Maybe SkyClanners just ate a ton? Yeah, they did, cause they're like kittypets and all.

This other apprentice is like, totally spooked right now. Pinkpaw was scared her first gathering too... is what she would think if that was true! She wasn't at all! But then again, it took forever for Pinkpaw to get to go to one, since Sootstar didn't wanna go to them no more... Maybe all these gatherings is like a fun make - up for all those missed gatherings! " What's a daylight warrior? Twoleg nests? Oh, is daylight warriors what you call your kittypet clanmates? Cool! " Or is it not cool? Kittypets are bad, she thinks. Or close to it? Good thing Fluffypaw wasn't one! " Awwww, Fluffypaw is such a cute name! I wouldn't mind being a Fluffypaw! Welcome to the gathering Fluffypaw and... Sun-gree-uhpaw! "

She thinks their names are pretty cool, so she's honored that they think hers is cool too! They're basically best friends, already! " Yeah! Yeah! Is Sun-gree-uh after your fur to? Whatsit mean? " she asks, tilting her head. it's a fun word. She'd start implementing it into her vocabulary as soon as she finds out what it is! " Oooh! You're cousins? That's so fun! I have a TON! " She briefly wracks her brain for what a cousin is again. " ...Wait, no, I don't got any. I have a ton of sisters though! I have... " One, two, three... " Four! And my big sister has kits too! And I have a secret auntie! " She glances around as she says this, trying to gauge if having a secret auntie is cool or normal or weird. It had to be one of those.

// OOC: talking to @SANGRIAPAW and @FLUFFYPAW

• Wow
Reactions: Jay
You will act appropriately tonight, or I shall hear the reason why,” Bluefrost murmurs as the Clan streams into Fourtrees behind Sunstar and Scorchstreak. She speaks to Brackenpaw out of the side of her mouth, her eyes straight ahead on the moonlit pelts of the other Clan cats. “You may be cordial with the other Clans, but do not be vulnerable. They do not need to know our weaknesses. We are here to gather information—that’s all.” Now, she turns expectant, glowing green eyes onto her apprentice. “Go on, then. There are groups of apprentices talking everywhere.

She spots Pinkpaw chatting with some SkyClan cats, and though the bridge of her nose wrinkles, she says nothing. Pinkpaw is different—and there’s no changing her, really. She finds a ThunderClan she-cat, scented with forest shadow and leaf-mold, and she abandons her apprentice and pads over to her. Bluefrost’s expression is carefully neutral as she speaks. “Hello. I am Bluefrost of WindClan.” She gives her blue-gray coat a shake, then settles snake-slender emerald eyes onto the ThunderClan warrior’s face. “What are you called?

• ooc: briefly interacting with @Brackenpaw and interacting with @leafhusk
  • 69334192_7vVwuq2U19bWMTh.png
  • Bluekit . Bluepaw . Bluefrost, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 16 moons old, ages realistically on the 14th.
    — mentored by Sootstar ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — windclan warrior. sootstar x weaselclaw, gen 2.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh blue and white she-cat with emerald eyes. aloof, dignified, poised, haughty, composed, distant.

WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

woooaahhh! this place had so many cats! way more cats than thunderclan had!! and it supposedly, according to some cats, was a place where they met monthly under the moon and the stars so they could talk with other cats! the leaders talked about reaaaaal important stuff up on that rock!! that was cool! orangepaw didn't want to be leader but he did wanna go on the rock! not to make an announcement, but just to see! he had good eyes and he was sure he could see his mom from up there! if he was lucky, she could see him too and she'd find him! that would be cool! but he knows he's not allowed up there so he stays beside his mentor, practically hopping beside him before bumping against her with a wide grin.

"can I go meet some of the other apprentices? please?"

he is polite as he asks. he does not wanna do anything he is not allowed to. and if he gets the okay to do so, he is dashing off, tripping over himself and falling with an oof! he giggles quickly before getting back up and shaking his pelt out and bounding over to brackenpaw with a wide smile. a windclanner!! he'd never met one of those before! he gives a wave of his tail and a bow of sorts before perking up with a wide smile, showing his missing tooth.

"hi! hi! I'm orangepaw! you're cool looking! my name is orangepaw! oh sorry I said that! my mama says I repeat myself a lot sometimes because I get so excited! sorry! hi! what's your name?"

he hopes he's not being overwhelming to the other apprentice!

// interacting briefly with @Butterflyskip
attempting to interact with @Brackenpaw

Over the limited course of their time together Brackenpaw was beginning to debate if Bluefrost enjoyed trying to tempt them to cause trouble for her at this point. She hadn't planned to act inappropriately tonight, up until they were told to not. The calico barely catches herself before she lets an eye roll slip by, no doubt her mentor would see this as some kind of public slight or something so it was best to avoid that. “When have I not acted appropriately?” There's an underlying smugness in their tone, knowing full well there had been multiple instances before this and that there will be multiple instances afterwards.

Despite how annoying she found the tunneler she couldn't ignore the wisdom that she carried. Believe them, they had tried to but Bluefrosts words still manage to guide their steps. They give a curt nod to their mentor, Brackenpaw truly had no desire to be anything beyond the surface level of being cordial. They weren't exactly thrilled to be thrown in to mingle with other apprentices. If it was to help the clan though, they can manage.

No more than what felt like two heartbeats after being dismissed she was witness to some other bumbling apprentice quite literally tripping over himself to talk to the first soul he spots. It seems to be her. The compliment throws her off guard, having prepared themself for something cordial and instead being met with someone who seemed genuinely kind. Their maw quirks into an awkward smile, body tense but they can't help but give into the warm embrace of a friendly conversation.

“You did repeat yourself, that's fine though. Happy to meet you Orangepaw” Their words are stilted, cold exterior slowly being thawed yet not quite all the way. “I think you look cool too, I'm Brackenpaw. Are you... From ThunderClan? That's pretty cool?” She tilts her head to the side, looking Orangepaw up and down as she tried to recall anything that their mentor had told them about ThunderClan. He seemed to match the smell described to her anyways.

• ooc.
    Interacted briefly with @BLUEFROST and currently interacting with @ORANGEPAW.

•  
  • BIOGRAPHY
    they/she, tunneler apprentice of Windclan, 7 moons (ages on the 22nd)
    a lithe and fragile looking calico that looks like they still need to grow into her ears
    Speech, thoughts, attacking
    NPC x NPC, mentored by Bluefrost
    easy to befriend other kits, gradually harder to befriend every rank after that
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Juice ↛ @/ouijeejuice on discord, feel free to dm for plots.
    All opinions are IC!! Bracken is a little hater

MAYBE I'D BE A SAINT IF I WEREN'T ————————————​

The condolences are appreciated, but frankly Snakeblink relates more to Cherryblossom’s dismay. It seems like Smokestar only received his lives yesterday, only to lose them all in a blink of an eye, outside their sight even. It was so incredibly sudden.

”For now at least,” he replies to the question of deputy; he does not know how many times he will be expected to stand-in as deputy during a Gathering. ”And I am afraid I am not at liberty to say how he lost his remaining lives. Only Lichenstar can speak on it.” Only she, during her ceremony, might have received precious information on the matter. A blessing for the curious, and a curse for them who lost a friend along with a leader.

——————————————————————————————————— so god damn lonely
  • interacting with @SCORCHSTREAK and @Cherryblossom
  • 2h3Dnip.png

Snakeblink • he / him. 51 ☾, riverclan warrior
    — a sleek, skinny tabby with long ears and a scar over his right eye.
    — gay, not actually evil, penned by @Kangoo

ALL GROWN UP NOW BUT IM CONFUSED
WE DIDN'T TURN OUT THE WAY WE WANTED TO

sleekserpent & 16 moons & genderfluid & he/she/they & thunderclan warrior

67128069_afDHPZmEwyN7uMe.png
Sleekserpent has never been to a gathering - a strange thought, honestly, given his age. So when pale furred figure slips forwards, she is as unsettled and uncertain and awed as her own apprentice must be - @sparrowpaws kept in her peripherals as they join the crowds. Unlike some others they see, they don't make any move to part from the younger tom or leave him on his own, instead sticking close. He's not a social creature - has always been able to count his friends on one paw at best, and even his acquaintances are next to none beyond their own borders. Still, she's not one to back down from such a challenge, pushing forwards and out of her comfort zone even if it's only for a night.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

B O Y S D O N ' T C R Y A N D I W O N ' T T O O

// open to interactions

WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

the apprentice grinned widely, moving to shift his weight enough that he just decides to sit. he waves his tail in thought before nodding his head confidently. there's no ill will behind it. his confidence does not come from pompous know-it-all behavior. he simple knows he's from thunderclan.

"yeah! i am! well only kinda? mhm! I was found before I even had a name! my mom always just calls me her little one so I didn't have a name! but a moon ago almost my mama told me to stay put annnnd I did while she ran off! she promised she'd be right back and she will be back! oh, maybe I should go back to the spot she left me! gentlestorm said I had to get all cleaned up because mama had her blood all over me. he's soft, yknow! big and soft! he's easy to fall asleep on. do you know anyone who's easy to fall asleep on?"

he begins to ramble, with a soft smile never leaving his features. not once. it's almost odd, for someone who doesn't really know that he's just like that. always happy. always smiling. always looking for a reason to smile. so long as the sun rose, his mama always says, there is a reason to smile. he believes that with his entire heart. happiness was a lot more easy than other emotions to him, anyways.

// interacting with @Brackenpaw

The concept of not simply being born with a name confused them, she narrowed her eyes at Orangepaw. At first they thought that he must be pulling their leg, that this was some kind of joke in an attempt to mock them. Though, in all honesty it didn’t seem like he had enough of a mean bone in his body to even know what it means to lie about something like that.

They didn’t come from a wealth of life experience but it didn’t take a lot of experience to understand that it appears that he was abandoned. He really is just this open huh? It seems foolish to be so trusting, at least in Brackenpaw’s opinion. “Maybe you should go back to where she left you, at worst she won't be there.” is all she can say, what was she supposed to say anyways? Sorry you were abandoned? They weren’t really looking to actually not act appropriately and give Bluefrost an actual excuse to punish her,

“Uh… Beepaw I guess? Why would I want to fall asleep on anyone?” She scrunches her face in confusion, they were close to few and far between due to their attitude so they couldn’t really imagine falling asleep on anyone at all. If she wanted to, there would be an obligation to fall asleep on their mother. It would solely fall on that obligation of kin, not because either one of them particularly desired it. “Who’s Gentlestorm anyways? Is that your mentor?” She couldn’t say that she cared particularly enough about the other clans medicine cats in these early days of apprenticeship so the question was genuine.

• ooc.
    interacting with @ORANGEPAW.

•  
  • BIOGRAPHY
    they/she, tunneler apprentice of Windclan, 7 moons (ages on the 22nd)
    a lithe and fragile looking calico that looks like they still need to grow into her ears
    Speech, thoughts, attacking
    NPC x NPC, mentored by Bluefrost
    easy to befriend other kits, gradually harder to befriend every rank after that
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Juice ↛ @/ouijeejuice on discord, feel free to dm for plots.
    All opinions are IC!! Bracken is a little hater

Sangriapaw introduces Fluffypaw as her cousin, and then exclaims that she’s named for her puffy pelt. She feels both pairs of glowing eyes hanging on her fur, and she dips her head, embarrassed by the brief show of attention. “R-right,” she affirms, quiet. Thankfully, Pinkpaw turns her attention to Sangriapaw’s strange name, asking her if she’s named after her fur and then asking what “sangria” means in the first place.

Curiously, Fluffypaw eyes her daylight-apprentice cousin. She truthfully doesn’t know what sangria means. “It’s a Twoleg word, I think,” she offers in a low voice. Twolegs have their own strange language, their own names they call cats. That’s what she’s learned from the other daylight warriors in SkyClan, anyway.

Pinkpaw initially claims she has a ton of cousins, but then amends herself, saying she doesn’t have any, but she has a ton of sisters. And a secret auntie. Fluffypaw’s nose wrinkles. “What do you mean, ‘secret’?” She asks, voice soft. “Does no one know she’s your aunt?

• ooc: interacting with @SANGRIAPAW and @PINKPAW
  • imfwvC1.jpg
  • Fluffykit . Fluffypaw, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 8th.
    — mentored by Greeneyes ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — skyclan apprentice. butterflytuft x dandelionwish, gen 3.
    — penned by Marquette.
    lh chocolate tortie/cream chimera with jade eyes. frightened, clingy, anxious, gentle.

➴➴ The black-patched warrior would not exactly say that WindClan’s attitude is one of never giving up, but they dip their head in agreement with the other tom’s words anyway. ShadowClanners are strange, but this one seems genuine in his words. He asks after Sunstar’s health and recovery, and Gravelsnap grimaces despite the clearly well-meaning question. "Sunstar is doing okay, all things considered. His recovery is going well." They look over to the rock that the leaders will all stand upon—can Sunstar climb up there to reach his soot-stained perch? With only three legs, the rosetted leader may be humiliated by an inability to climb. Still, they can only hope that Sunstar will find a way to manage it.

"I would hate to share my nest with anyone. Let alone a frog," they grumble, thinking of how disgusting sharing a nest with one of the web-footed creatures would be. A shudder runs down their spine at the thought of how slimy it would be. "You’ll hear other news from Sunstar when he speaks. I am not aware of anything else." They could share their own personal experiences, but I think the cat I love has had kits with someone else doesn’t seem like the most comfortable conversation to have with this stranger.

• ooc: @Willowburn
  • 58921334_LvhpdhRxLH7s4eM.png
    GRAVELSNAP ❯❯ they/he, moor runner of windclan
    average-sized black and white warrior who seems smaller than he is. speaks rarely and quietly.
    sibling to slateheart
    mentoring sheeppaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

The tom's eyes widened with joy as they picked out the familiar face from amongst the crowd, and his ears arched higher upon his head. All thoughts of keeping things on the low and secretive hadn't really crossed his mind. Though given his habit of being keen and eager about seeing any other cat it perhaps played to his advantage for not being entirely unusual behaviour from him.

Shiningsun blinked in mild confusion however as Perchberry finally drew closer after some hesitation, though that feeling of bafflement only grew worse when Perchberry went on to introduce himself whilst avoiding eye contact. The hint was lost on him, but he did end up thinking that this was some sort of game. "Hi Perchberry, I'm Shiningsun! So, how are you doing? I hope that you've been keeping well!" His voice boomed out, strengthened by his sense of delight over seeing his cute friend again. No rivers to separate them here, no shouting to each other from opposite banks. It was perfect. Now he could truly get a good look at the RiverClanner.

//interacting with @PERCHBERRY

Scorchstreak turns to her after offering condolences. Though her flame-marked face betrays not even a sliver of irritation, her explanation makes Cherryblossom's fur ripple indignantly. I know that. Her mother, eight lives remaining—eight deaths remaining—made sure of it. Someone more generous would say the foxes did it; someone less so would say the carelessness of their patrol did it. Regardless, even she keeps her mouth shut about the lost life, to the loss of the argument.

Faintly, Cherryblossom wonders if they all think she is Twitchbolt's stand-in, as Snakeblink is now. Lichenstar must have only recently ascended though, so he would be replacing no one. Shifty as he looks, she has to wonder if he has eyes on that prize. "Hmm, okay." Fair enough. She isn't keen to divulge Orangestar's lost life even as eight remain, so she imagines the whole of RiverClan is even less eager to less escape their negligence.

"Who's standing in for Flamewhisker this time?" Poor ThunderClan deputy. As if Stormfeather's fate wasn't tragedy enough. Honey eyes blink around, trying to recall the name of the last stand-in. Some kind of tabby, maybe, although that would describe pretty much everyone in ThunderClan these days.

ooc: interacting with @SCORCHSTREAK and @Snakeblink

skyclan deputy | "speech." | tags

the moon sits high to unite the clans underneath it’s comforting glow. leafhusk enjoys the quiet aspect of people watching, but she does not find the hollow to be a place for discreet note-taking. she won’t judge anyone who prefers that, but she will wonder if you’re actually fun at parties. burnt grass and soil wafts towards her nose, twitching vaguely as her head turns to notice the approaching windclanner. blue coated, much like her namesake, introducing herself with ulterior motives that leafhusk was unfortunately, completely unaware of. such is the night of the gathering. snakes lurk around every corner.

what is she called? well… lead warrior, but that’s so tasteless to announce before her leader. "leafhusk, of thunderclan. a pleasure." she answers, tilting her head curiously to one side. "there is a lack of grime on your fur… how are the moors fairing without the fire? any new flowers popping up again?"

• inter with @BLUEFROST la la la
  • hi
  • ce30435d4008ebe8b43d9dceb88edfc5ed910091.png
    LEAFHUSK thunderclan lead warrior・ex-kittypet
    a long-haired, fawn sepia molly with pale golden eyes, she keeps her fur neatly groomed and free of any mats or tangles. leafhusk is easy to talk too and befriend, her attitude doesn't change much towards other clans but she is visibly wary around outsiders.
    physically easy, mentally easy, attack in underline & tag
    healing & peaceful powerplay allowed・all opinions ic
    she / her・currently mentoring adderpaw
    written by maxine dogfriends. on discord

The tawny-pelted warrior is polite enough, introducing herself as Leafhusk. Bluefrost’s eyes glint, steely, as the ThunderClan she-cat asks her about the moorland. “Yes, and prey is returning. We are just as strong as we were before the fires,” she says, pride strengthening her voice. “I assume ThunderClan has not seen any wolves since you led them off our gorge?” Her tone is flat, devoid of both friendliness and vitriol. She then turns her attention to the Great Rock—Howlingstar crests its peak, and where her deputy should be sitting is a burly, thick-pelted black tom.

Her eyes narrow. “He’s different than the cat who usually sits there. Does ThunderClan change deputies so often?

• ooc: hehe interacting with @leafhusk
  • 69334192_7vVwuq2U19bWMTh.png
  • Bluekit . Bluepaw . Bluefrost, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — 16 moons old, ages realistically on the 14th.
    — mentored by Sootstar ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — windclan warrior. sootstar x weaselclaw, gen 2.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh blue and white she-cat with emerald eyes. aloof, dignified, poised, haughty, composed, distant.

The other apprentice asks what a daylight warrior is, and Sangriapaw nods eagerly. Fluffypaw has already affirmed the question, but the cinnamon torbie has to jump in and answer, too. "Yeah, we’re house cats and SkyClan cats." Of course, Sangriapaw considers herself more a house cat than a SkyClan cat, but that doesn’t mean she’s a kittypet. The word still rubs her the wrong way, and she finds a small frown slipping onto her muzzle. But it clears up just as soon as it appears, when the WindClanner compliments Fluffypaw’s name and welcomes them both to their very first gathering. Then she asks about what sangria means, and the torbie shrugs. Her cousin says that it’s a twoleg word, and she nods in agreement. "I dunno what it means. My Hon and Dear named me, but I think it’s just one of their funny words." Just like Coffee and Fanta are funny twoleg words.

Pinkpaw talks about her cousins, mentioning that she has a lot of them—and then corrects herself, saying that she has none. "You don’t have ANY cousins?" She chirps, eyes wide in wonder. Sangriapaw doesn’t have too many cousins, but she has a few, at least! But Pinkpaw says she has a secret aunt, and that sounds so much cooler than having a lot of cousins… "I have an auntie, too, and an uncle! But they aren’t secret… yeah, why is your auntie a secret?" She wonders the same as Fluffypaw—how does no one know that Pinkpaw had an aunt? Hiding an entire cat sounds so hard.

• ooc: @FLUFFYPAW @PINKPAW
  • 78265045_tUGqQTyXuIRKc1K.png
    SANGRIAPAW ❯❯ she/her, daylight apprentice of skyclan
    cinnamon torbie with white spotting and vibrant leaf-green eyes. bold, bright, and curious.
    daughter of fantastream & figfeather ; sister to coffeepaw
    mentored by johnnyflame
    penned by foxlore

bluefrost’s prideful tone reminds leafhusk of her past self, just a few moons ago she said a similar statement to shadowclan’s scorchfrost. leafhusk’s tail tip twitches curiously, wondering the full truth of the young warrior’s words, but opts out of it quickly. it didn’t matter to her… she’s not here for weak points and windclan is currently in their debt. yellow eyes meet emerald hues, "we haven’t."

she doesn’t expect howlingstar to say anything on the incident, and she hopes orangestar keeps her maw shut about it. ethically ambiguous code breaks shouldn’t find their way into fourtrees, but the way leafhusk’s jaw tightens is hard to ignore. "flamewhisker’s still in the nursery. our usual stand-in…" she rolls her paw in the air idly, "i think they’re taking turns. might be a man thing..."

• inter with @BLUEFROST kicking my feets
  • hi
  • ce30435d4008ebe8b43d9dceb88edfc5ed910091.png
    LEAFHUSK thunderclan lead warrior・ex-kittypet
    a long-haired, fawn sepia molly with pale golden eyes, she keeps her fur neatly groomed and free of any mats or tangles. leafhusk is easy to talk too and befriend, her attitude doesn't change much towards other clans but she is visibly wary around outsiders.
    physically easy, mentally easy, attack in underline & tag
    healing & peaceful powerplay allowed・all opinions ic
    she / her・currently mentoring adderpaw
    written by maxine dogfriends. on discord

Burnstorm is surprised how easy it is to talk to his sister again. Uncomfortable, in a way sure. They now led two entirely separate lives in two entirely separate clans. It is not his fault, he tells himself, this distance that has opened up between this a rift of her own choosing. 'They grow fast at that age' she says and he finds himself nodding in agreement. It felt like he had blinked and all of a sudden his three were toddling around camp, causing trouble for just about anyone who dared to stand in their way.

Hawkpaw and Blazingpaw. His pelt twitches uncomfortably. He had been aware of his sister's kits names but it does not lessen the recoil he feels at hearing the name of her son. Named after their father, a harsh reminder of what she had chosen. It takes nearly everything in him to swallow the snide remark forming on his tongue. Howlfire was partially right to be worried. The second he hears the news about her other kit, Wolfpaw, he wants to comment about how it wouldn't have happened if she had just chosen to live somewhere that didn't border twoleg place, that in ThunderClan her and her kits would be much safer. But again, he holds his tongue in favor of diplomacy. "I'm sorry to hear that" he says instead "I hope she is found soon" stars knew if one of his kits ever were to go missing he would tear the forest apart looking for them.

// interacting with @Howlfire (hes being so awkward sorry lmfao)
EpC61GT.png

• 73593410_oSE7LuZcU8tOnrY.png
    BURNSTORM THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR ; HE / HIM ; BROTHER TO MORNINGPAW, MOONWHISPER, HOWLFIRE, FIREFLYPAW, SKYCLAW & DUSKBIRD ; MATE TO ROEFLAME ; FATHER TO DOVEKIT, BEETLEKIT, AND LITTLEKIT
    A large, sharp tongued, tom with long black fur and golden, oval shaped, eyes.
    Difficult in battle. A skilled fighter + fights honorably

SO GIVE ME COFFEE AND TV

This was to be his first gathering and the newly made apprentice could barely contain his joy. Bounding next to the bulky paws of the grizzled Lead he had to practically jump just to keep pace. Coffeepaw could only see it as a means to let off some pent up nerves before the big debut. Long walks were something the fuzzy-tailed Skyclanner was accustomed to, but never this far from home. Eagerly, he continued to trail behind his gray wall of a mentor, pupils blown wide with amazement at the sheer number of cats spread out into the clearing. While they dispersed into the fray his heart rate skyrocketed. Whoa!

Gliding through the grasses of Fourtrees, he stopped just shy of Slate's back leg as the older tom halted. Grinding out a nasty warning. He scowled at the notion of hiding his heritage, little face screwed up with dismay. Why would that matter? Awkwardly the smaller of the two responded. "Um... Okay." Not wanting to put the sourpuss of a Lead into a worse mood, Coffeepaw opted to just nod his head, despite the obvious disagreement lingering in his tone.

Once the hulking mass of a cat sauntered off, the brown tabby looked around, earlier thrills returning as he giddily hunted down his sister through the massive crowd. Spotting her familiar brightly-colored head near some new faces, he hastily raced to her side. Dang it! She's getting ahead already! Energetically, the hefty apprentice trotted over to the group, plopping himself just shy of Sangriapaw's tail and beaming his friendliest smile.

Unable to hold back the buzzing need to be included he mrrowed a loud greeting. "Hi! I'm Coffeepaw! Sangriapaw is my sister. I think I am a pretty big cat!" They interjected after his littermate's question. Happy to point out his larger frame and sturdy features compared to his siblings more lithe build. Despite the urge to prattle on even more he kept quiet until mention of their two-legs buzzed into the discussion.

Pride colored the youth's equally as bouncy retort. "Their two-leg kit is my girl! We play hide and seek all the time and she gives me special treats!" Already, he had tossed Slate's warning to the floor, far too lost in the bliss of bringing up his two-leg. He loved talking about his girl and was a touch saddened not to be wearing his usual handkerchief. She hadn't put one on him this go around, but maybe next time she would.

Leaning in closer, the swirly-pelted paw' listened on with intrigue, interested to see if this Windclanner had a ton of cousins too. None at all? His whiskers twitched in surprise at the complete lack of cousins. Weird. Green eyes widened further as Pinkpaw gifted them the assumedly hidden knowledge of an aunt. Intrigued, he echoed his kin's questions with a spin, voice dropping an octave to murmur back. "Did she do something bad?" They had heard of cats not wanting to talk about nastier family members. Coffeepaw assumed this oddly-colored feline might be in a similar situation.

// previously interacting with @SLATE currently talking with @SANGRIAPAW @FLUFFYPAW and @PINKPAW
[penned by tasmagoric]

TIL THE WORDS START SLURRIN

༄༄ The brown tabby confirms his presence as deputy, at least for the time of this gathering, and Scorchstreak nods. He is pleasant enough, and so she wouldn’t mind being seated beside him month after month. The younger calico, however, has only earned herself a look of judgment and an unimpressed flick of an ear. For a deputy stand-in, she certainly is young. "I notice that you are the stand-in for Twitchbolt. Is he injured?" She asks the question with pricked ears, though her flat tone does not betray her curiosity. Three of the clans showing up to the gathering with temporary deputies does nothing to soothe her own fears—is the position truly cursed, even past the bounds of the moorland?

Snakeblink speaks no further on the matter of Smokestar’s death, only that the leader is Lichenstar now, and the calico nods her understanding. It would be inappropriate for the tom, who isn’t even the clan’s deputy, to explain the fate that Smokestar met before Lichenstar gets the chance to. Her attention is grabbed by Cherryblossom once more, however, when the younger she-cat asks who ThunderClan’s stand-in is for this month. "It has been Raccoonstripe for the past few moons. I don’t see him here tonight." Had something happened to the forest clan’s stand-in deputy? He had never been particularly interesting to the calico, and so they pass off his presence—or lack thereof—as mere tardiness. Perhaps he will show up when the leaders begin to make their announcements.

• ooc: @Snakeblink @Cherryblossom
  • 77176203_fqHtotZWqpHc9RA.png
    SCORCHSTREAK ❯❯ she/they, deputy (tunneler) of windclan
    small, slim flame-streaked calico with fiery golden eyes. stoic and shrewd, but clearly cares deeply for her clan.
    mate to bluepool ; sibling to rattleheart & rabbitclaw
    mentor to pinkpaw
    penned by foxlore

"Fogshore, huh? I see where the poetic name comes from. You Riverclan folk are quite expressive, and that's what I appreciate from you. I swear, if I weren't in Thunderclan, I'd probably join you lot by the rivers." Campionsong purred as he set olive-green eyes upon the feline pelted in deep blues and smattered whites, as though flexuous pelt befitted the other warrior quite well, with even their tail ending in a feathery fluke. They reminded him of the white-tipped sea, though he doubted a feline of the forest had ever seen such a great, expansive force. It was something that could not be beheld even by his naked eyes, as he witnessed where the sun dipped and roosted every night... "Oh! The name's Campionsong, by the way. Make sure not to wear it out." He flashed the chimaera a toothy and unfettered grin, like silvery face sang in quavers and slivers of light, as radiant and rather obtrusive as it tended to be. "As for us tree-climbers, we're doing quite well, actually! Ever since the wolf attacks, nothing much has happened. Well, except for the birth of the forest's cutest and prettiest batch of kittens. Which, of course, belong to me and my... the kit's parent." He hoped one day that his kittens would be able to attend the Gathering in due time, eyes sparkling as though pure curiosity had tickled it, at seeing the rising Tallpine and the bowed boughs that lie just below the reach's end. My, they've grown so fast already... Only a few more moons 'till they're running around the territory. "There's Basilkit, Wolfkit, Merlinkit, and Rosemarykit. Four of them! They're the sweetest bunch of kittens that you've ever seen. They definitely get all their manners from their other parent." He let out a chuckle.

( SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY RAGH / Interacting with @FOGSHORE )