WINDCLAN PROMPTS [🍂] FALL 2023

Batch one of remaining prompts! Again, I'm so sorry for the delay. I need a slight brain break but am hoping to get the remaining prompts out tonight or tomorrow.

@HARRIERSTRIPE If there is one thing you have learned from Sootstar, it is pride. But with pride comes fear. Be it a fear of failure, the unknown, the threat of a future you do not control– pride is a wounded, imperfect thing. What shape does your weakness take? How does it present itself to those around you? (Not a super fall-related prompt, but something I'm curious about! If you want something else, let me know!)

@breezerunner is a pragmatic creature, so it says. Someone that does not let emotion rule them. Does this reach into the scary stories that tend to come out in this season? One of the older warriors tells a story meant to haunt and terrify. Does it affect you at all? What story is it, precisely?

@SCORCHPAW You're a growing cat. This may be the first fall of your life, but that does not mean you haven't grown past some of it already. The journey you're on and all that you have experienced before this point have changed you greatly. What is something that you used to fear, but no longer do? Is it something that you regularly confront, or is it buried far deeper?

@Bearkit Your littermates are, in a word, obnoxious. You love them dearly regardless, but that doesn't mean they don't annoy you. Maybe it's time for you to turn the tables on them. This fall is spooky; you should be too. How do you 'trick' or otherwise frighten one of your siblings?

@LUCKYPAW Luck is fickle. In all that has happened, yours must have...fizzled out, with Badgermoon and sickness and now this journey. But in the midst of this return to the moors, it suddenly finds its spark. You get incredibly lucky in some very small way– or a very big way! Being saved from an injury? Finding something that reminds you of home? Catching wind of disaster a second before it strikes? Or perhaps it is as simple as finding something neat.

@FINCHKIT is known around the clan for her inquisitive, outgoing nature. But for the cats that now shelter across ShadowClan's territory, she is something of a stranger. It is high time to rectify that. Finchkit chooses a cat from another clan, be it one of ShadowClan's warriors or one of the other queens or kits sheltering within the marshy camp, and asks their opinion on this changing season (or far heavier topics, if she so chooses).

@SOOTSPOT The place you reside in for this moment is where your mother came from. Where you nearly came from. The first cats born to WindClan, just ever so barely. It was just around this season that they split apart from the marshes. Now you're back. Though you cannot move far from the other clans or hunt anywhere but the carrionplace, what does this taste of the territory make you feel? Does it feel like walking in the ghost of your mothers' footsteps, or do you still feel as if you're forging your own path?

@Thriftpaw Fear is both a fact of your life and something that you seem to struggle with. Being afraid and being confused have gotten you nowhere in life, particularly when your life has been lived this way for so long. Share a fear that you do not have, be it rational or irrational. Perhaps one of your clanmates is afraid of an animal that you help them take care of, or maybe those 'clanborn' cats fear something you do not comprehend.

I FORGOT @Periwinklebreeze. I AM SO SORRY!!
You cared greatly for Vulturemask, a cat some found frightening for their sinister countenance. Now that you are far from home to bring back lungwort, have you found comfort from somewhere (or something) similarly disconcerting to others?

@icebreath As the seasons change, you realize you have seen this before. Leaf-fall last year was far different from this one, and many of those around you have changed just like you have. Staring at your own reflection, you briefly see the kit that you were twelve moons ago. What has changed? What has changed you? Do you like who you see now?

@PINK-KIT The cover of ShadowClan's camp is so very different from what you are used to. With new territory comes new things to explore. Though most of the marsh is still soggy, the wind brings one precious, mysterious gift into camp. What is it? Who do you share it with?

@FEATHERKIT is the responsible kitten of the litter. Alongside Bearkit, anyway. You, however, are far pricklier than he in the way you interact with others. Some tired elder is sick of your tongue and tells a story meant to scare you into seeing some error in your ways. A ghost story about a cat whose tongue turned to needles, or who swallowed bristles every time they were rude. What does it feel like? Do you believe it, even for a second?

@mothmoon You're vain, but vanity is difficult in this season. Be it ShadowClan's dreary territory or the sheer difficulties of a dry moorland, your pelt is never as pristine as you would like. Someone suggests that you embrace the scariness of your appearance. Are you offended? Or do you see some kind of wisdom in that?

@whitepaw Could you link me her tags? I could very well just be missing them but I'd love to get a closer look for a prompt!

@RABBITCLAW Tunnelers are used to a life much like what leaf-fall offers. Damp dark and cool. But it's easier to remain hidden from the worst of it underground. As the rogues threaten the clans and prey become scarce, the clan that you so love is very clearly suffering. You see an opportunity– the tunnel that exits to ShadowClan's territory, and leads you back your moorland home. There's prey hiding in there. You're sure of it. It's risky, but...is it worth it? Does anything good come out of the attempt?

I think that's everyone! If I missed anyone, please let me know! Or ping me with a link to tags if needed.

Downypaw - 3/3
  • Link - Spiders have began to take shelter from the cold. They seem to be favoring the entrances of the tunnels and stringing the walls with cobwebs.
  • Link - The trees are making a drastic change on RiverClan and ThunderClan's side of the border. With WindClan's limited amount of trees, this is a new (maybe even shocking) sight for some young cats of the clan. (Bonus observation; ShadowClan's trees remain the same? Why?)
  • Link - There is an abandoned badger set on WindClan's territory that is said to be haunted by the ghost of the creature who lived there prior, your character, along with whoever is brave enough to join them, decides to venture in. Are the rumors true or was it a hoax?

Scorchstreak (3/3)
🍁 The trees are making a drastic change on RiverClan and ThunderClan's side of the border. With WindClan's limited amount of trees, this is a new (maybe even shocking) sight for some young cats of the clan. (Bonus observation; ShadowClan's trees remain the same? Why?)
🍁 Spiders have began to take shelter from the cold. They seem to be favoring the entrances of the tunnels and stringing the walls with cobwebs.
🍁 Legend says a black, red-eyed rabbit appears on the moors this time of year. Elders say it only shows itself to cats whose time is coming to an end. Is this just a silly elders tale?

Gravelsnap (3/3)
🍁 Crows circle and gather at Outlook Rock. It's suspected something must've died there… but what could it be thats drawing this much attention? Cats find themselves wary to investigate.
🍁 As it gets cold, how does your character stay warm? Do they notice a winter coat coming in? Do they already have an abundance of fur? Do they begin to huddle closer together in their nests at night?
🍁 Twoleg kits are seen smashing something with a big stick, after they leave your character decides to check it out and discovers it was a pumpkin. What do they do?

Last edited:
sedgepounce!

omen
cold nights (mornings)

pumpkins

ALSO if it's not too late, could i grab a prompt? it doesn't even have to be for the deadline since i can just do it for fun! NO WORRIES IF NOT bc it's the last day!! < 3

Last edited:
sorry im sick so i cant make this pretty but here are wolf's threads